Trump's Russian Collusion

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
jhu72

Re: IMPEACHMENT (yes, it began with Mueller)

Post by jhu72 »

a fan wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:41 am So class acts can't break laws, tec? Or be a tad...how do I say this?....daft?

This man just told Congress that the sitting President isn't part of the Intel Community.

Do you agree?

No. No one does. I agree that he comes across as honest. And he does not sound like a partisan. Not even a little.

And how do you explain his decision to tell the White House counsel that there's a WB complaint against the President? That's NOWHERE in the WB law..

He made some ridiculous decisions, and it's pretty clear that this task was over his head.
Interesting that your read is the same is mine. I thought the same - job he was asked to do was over his head. He rationalizes his questionable behavior.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:56 am
Peter Brown wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:21 am But the Dem Party voice imo is more stridently attacking.
Uhhhh----they're the minority party. Maybe head on over to Ann Arundel Community College and take a class on American Civics, they'll explain why the party that isn't in power seems to be "stridently attacking".

I don't mind any opposition; opposition keeps you fit and strong. But this constant insanity with fake stories and impeachment is nauseating.

I know a fake story when I see it, like this newest Ukraine nonsense. You'll see in time the 'whistleblower' is a partisan Democrat living in DC, he never heard anything firsthand (it was all secondhand info), his lawyers are partisan Dems, and the story is disjointed as all second hand or third hand stories are, yet we are already into impeachment!

I never believed the UVA story. Nor would anyone who had a remote clue who Jackie Coakley and Sabrina Erdeley are. And I don't believe Christine Blasey Ford. Nor does anyone who has even a remote clue as to who she is. And I don't believe this story either. You would too if you could be objective.

We should win with ideas, not constant false stories. The reason people don't believe our national media much is, how many stories are walked back every week, all of which attack the President? Just this week, the NYT had to in essence walk back the entire new Kavanaugh nonsense. It may seem like a small story to you, but the guy has two young daughters.

And in case you attack me as partisan, trust me, I'm the furthest from that in the universe. Formerly, I jumped down the throat of friends of mine who used to go after Chelsea Clinton.
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

LandM wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:20 pm many of you out here are going to impeach yourself for another 4 years of what you hate right now - the hysteria is overboard and so is the hatred - yeah Hunter got that oil and gas company contract because he was a great business man in that industry - alrighty

The only thing if he lasts long enough is that the Hillary email saga gets a final look as that is a bad look and that Clinton Foundation accounting is reviewed as I am sure that was all above aboard.

I do not like the guy but I am glad he is punching people in the face - about time the protected class step down a notch and play fair. Doubtful it will happen but it would be nice.
BUT HER EMAILS!!!!! If there is anything that we learned about the whole email thing is that if you bite hard and hold on long enough, it can have an effect on elections. Dem's are just taking a page out of the email and Benghazi saga playbook and doing the same thing.

You're also acting as if Trump is not part of that protected class and is playing fair. That needs a good hard look in the mirror. Also, what's your opinion of the Trump foundation?
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

LandM wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:20 pm many of you out here are going to impeach yourself for another 4 years of what you hate right now - the hysteria is overboard and so is the hatred - yeah Hunter got that oil and gas company contract because he was a great business man in that industry - alrighty

The only thing if he lasts long enough is that the Hillary email saga gets a final look as that is a bad look and that Clinton Foundation accounting is reviewed as I am sure that was all above aboard.

I do not like the guy but I am glad he is punching people in the face - about time the protected class step down a notch and play fair. Doubtful it will happen but it would be nice.
Yeah, what about? :roll: Hillary has nothing to do with this, Biden's son has nothing to do with the question of why the Whistleblower law was subverted. Scum bag republicans protecting a scum bag president is why.
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

This thing isn't going to play out well for the establishment types.

Big spot light on the Biden shenanigans

Big spotlight on how the skids of international politics get greased

Add to that the noise (or at least there WAS) around Epstein and the 0.1% child-molestation club he obviously ran - and lots of "stuff" that happened in the shadows is coming to light.

Maybe they all blow themselves to pieces and we will end up with candidates like Yang and Tulsi on one side and Halley and Weld on the other. That wouldn't be too bad an outcome.

But don't get your hopes up, because it won't happen. The media wants Warren for the Dems and Trump is going to beat her..... :( :roll:
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
ggait

Post by ggait »

Barr, should recuse himself from this issue...maybe Jeff wasn't all that bad.
From a purely selfish perspective, I'm floored that Barr hasn't resigned. It looks like he's been able to separate himself (so far) from this mess. But what about the next time, and the time after that, and the time after that? Eventually, Trump's incorrigible law breaking is going to stick to him eventually.

Seeing Trump invoke your name time and again as part of a criminal conspiracy should make any lawyer break out in hives. Don McGahn needs to arrange an intervention for Bill.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:34 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:21 am But the Dem Party voice imo is more stridently attacking.
Uhhhh----they're the minority party. Maybe head on over to Ann Arundel Community College and take a class on American Civics, they'll explain why the party that isn't in power seems to be "stridently attacking".

I don't mind any opposition; opposition keeps you fit and strong. But this constant insanity with fake stories and impeachment is nauseating.

I know a fake story when I see it, like this newest Ukraine nonsense. You'll see in time the 'whistleblower' is a partisan Democrat living in DC, he never heard anything firsthand (it was all secondhand info), his lawyers are partisan Dems, and the story is disjointed as all second hand or third hand stories are, yet we are already into impeachment!

I never believed the UVA story. Nor would anyone who had a remote clue who Jackie Coakley and Sabrina Erdeley are. And I don't believe Christine Blasey Ford. Nor does anyone who has even a remote clue as to who she is. And I don't believe this story either. You would too if you could be objective.

We should win with ideas, not constant false stories. The reason people don't believe our national media much is, how many stories are walked back every week, all of which attack the President? Just this week, the NYT had to in essence walk back the entire new Kavanaugh nonsense. It may seem like a small story to you, but the guy has two young daughters.

And in case you attack me as partisan, trust me, I'm the furthest from that in the universe. Formerly, I jumped down the throat of friends of mine who used to go after Chelsea Clinton.

He is a reasonable, objective man; unlike the rest of us - yeah let's trust him. :lol: Another extreme moderate that just defends the Donald against unreasonable people. :lol: :lol: He is getting such a raw deal. :roll:
DMac

Post by DMac »

Whatever the outcome, it was nice to see a man who exudes honesty and integrity and who believes the words of the oath he took and lives by them, unlike the piece of trash we have for a Prez. I would love to see the Prez sit in the seat Maguire sat in today, he would completely crumble and fall apart. Maguire did nothing wrong, he did what he interpreted as the right thing to do and thought he was following the letter of the law. A very impressive individual to say the least.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

ggait wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:44 pm
Barr, should recuse himself from this issue...maybe Jeff wasn't all that bad.
From a purely selfish perspective, I'm floored that Barr hasn't resigned. It looks like he's been able to separate himself (so far) from this mess. But what about the next time, and the time after that, and the time after that? Eventually, Trump's incorrigible law breaking is going to stick to him eventually.

Seeing Trump invoke your name time and again as part of a criminal conspiracy should make any lawyer break out in hives. Don McGahn needs to arrange an intervention for Bill.
Barr can't resign, he is in too deeply already. It is amazing that Sessions would be seen as an upgrade. Back when Sessions was up for AG, I paid attention to his confirmation hearing. In a conversation with an AA coworker who really feared and hated Sessions, I told him that I didn't like Sessions racist politics, but you know what you are getting. He is/was an institutionalist. He knows and practices the rules. The people Trump has hired since, not so much.
LandM

Post by LandM »

Yep - the pesky emails need to be resolved - training an 18, 19 and 20 year old how to handle classified information when the Secretary of State is abusing the privilege - it creates a conflict of interest - everyone needs to play fair;

Not a Foundation person - creates multiple conflict of interests - and yes I am very aware of Trump's status.
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

The emails were resolved. Along with Benghazi.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:21 am The regrettable conclusion (to square Tulsi, for example) is the Dem Party is now the party of Permanent War, a rueful post formerly occupied by the Cheney wing of the Republican Party. I can not accept for the life of me how this Party's voice has evolved.

Look, I'm no massive Trump fan, but at least he's stayed out of new wars (do you think for a second Hillary wouldn't be bombing the living hole out of Iran by now??!!) and as importantly he's done something regarding the American prison-industrial complex, as shameful a stain on American society as even slavery. Meanwhile, Dems now idolize prosecutors of dime-bags of weed such as Kamala Harris. It's astounding to a guy like me what has become of the Dem Party platform.

I don't see Tulsi winning, but her voice is a voice of sanity in a party which has gone off the rails...and I lay a ton of the nuttiness at Twitter, which I don't use, but certainly hear a ton of. The constancy of labeling every Republican one way or the other is insanity. I don't think Dems are the same as the Party, nor do I feel the same as Republicans to their Party. But the Dem Party voice imo is more stridently attacking.
I share your cognitive dissonance. I still can't believe I'm seeing the (D)'s pushing us toward military conflict with Russia & insisting we provide even more lethal military aid to Ukraine.
Bandito

Post by Bandito »

DMac wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:55 pm Whatever the outcome, it was nice to see a man who exudes honesty and integrity and who believes the words of the oath he took and lives by them, unlike the piece of trash we have for a Prez. I would love to see the Prez sit in the seat Maguire sat in today, he would completely crumble and fall apart. Maguire did nothing wrong, he did what he interpreted as the right thing to do and thought he was following the letter of the law. A very impressive individual to say the least.
Bwahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!
Farfromgeneva is a sissy soy boy
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

old salt wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:43 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:21 am The regrettable conclusion (to square Tulsi, for example) is the Dem Party is now the party of Permanent War, a rueful post formerly occupied by the Cheney wing of the Republican Party. I can not accept for the life of me how this Party's voice has evolved.

Look, I'm no massive Trump fan, but at least he's stayed out of new wars (do you think for a second Hillary wouldn't be bombing the living hole out of Iran by now??!!) and as importantly he's done something regarding the American prison-industrial complex, as shameful a stain on American society as even slavery. Meanwhile, Dems now idolize prosecutors of dime-bags of weed such as Kamala Harris. It's astounding to a guy like me what has become of the Dem Party platform.

I don't see Tulsi winning, but her voice is a voice of sanity in a party which has gone off the rails...and I lay a ton of the nuttiness at Twitter, which I don't use, but certainly hear a ton of. The constancy of labeling every Republican one way or the other is insanity. I don't think Dems are the same as the Party, nor do I feel the same as Republicans to their Party. But the Dem Party voice imo is more stridently attacking.
I share your cognitive dissonance. I still can't believe I'm seeing the (D)'s pushing us toward military conflict with Russia & insisting we provide even more lethal military aid to Ukraine.

I appreciate your lonely voice on this topic. Democrats today talk of Russia as if we are at a nuclear precipice over Cuban interference; I mean, What the heck is with this Russia-phobia?

The constancy of the Russia-phobia disturbs me to no end. Russia is an economically impoverished country for the most part; if Putin tasks come pimply internet cafe kids to come up with media stories about any American politician truly has zero impact on any one person's vote in this country. If you say it does, that says more about your opinion of your fellow countrymen than anything. MSNBC pumps up Russia-phobia every second they can, giving full cover to war-mad Americans who used to be Cheney Republicans. Look at guys like Tom Nichols, Rick Wilson, John Weaver, and Mike Murphy...the only channel they are invited to speak on is MSNBC. Awful people.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

DMac wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:55 pm Whatever the outcome, it was nice to see a man who exudes honesty and integrity and who believes the words of the oath he took and lives by them, unlike the piece of trash we have for a Prez. I would love to see the Prez sit in the seat Maguire sat in today, he would completely crumble and fall apart. Maguire did nothing wrong, he did what he interpreted as the right thing to do and thought he was following the letter of the law. A very impressive individual to say the least.
Agree. 100%

The right wing media today, and Trumpties the world over, are just tying themselves into knots over this. The VRWC, the right-wing media machine is throttling up into full outrage mode, something they are supremely good at.

It may well not help them one wit. Don't see how in the world this whole sordid affair could possibly expand the Trump Base even a tiny bit.

Enough is enough. This numbnut has to be put in his place. The country obviously was conned and lied into making a MAJOR mistake in the 2016 election.

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

This is a president for whom much of what he says is fake, and not much of his opposition fits that bill. What Trump says should be what is nauseating to you.

The most damning information is actually in the redacted and shortened summary of the 30 minute phone call between Trump and Zelensky. This was actually put out by the administration. For anyone who has seen a mob movie, the phone call was a classic pressurized ask.How is that fake? What the WB is adding is further context and information about the breadth of the corruption, including what looks like a coverup as well. Much of the information about Giuliani's involvement has been partially known as it was happening (in fact one of his trips to meet with Zelensky was canceled due to the press sunshine on his activities).

Now as to the identity of the WB? Does not matter. But you give away the store here - "partisan Democrat." Bias much?

Not really material to this issue.

Actually they did not walk back the entire story, but certainly misrepresented what they actually had. The fact that the NYT corrected anything is exactly what we should expect from our press. You never see Trump correcting any of his stories...

The evidence from your actual statements is that you effectively are a partisan. Not much difference than a racist saying "I am not a racist."
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

dislaxxic wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:06 pm
Agree. 100%

The right wing media today, and Trumpties the world over, are just tying themselves into knots over this. The VRWC, the right-wing media machine is throttling up into full outrage mode, something they are supremely good at.

It may well not help them one wit. Don't see how in the world this whole sordid affair could possibly expand the Trump Base even a tiny bit.

Enough is enough. This numbnut has to be put in his place. The country obviously was conned and lied into making a MAJOR mistake in the 2016 election.

So go vote in November 2020. If you're not secure enough in what you just wrote, you will push the impeachment insanity, while helping absolutely not one citizen of this country. It's a fairly obvious choice.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

RedFromMI wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:14 pm

This is a president for whom much of what he says is fake, and not much of his opposition fits that bill. What Trump says should be what is nauseating to you.

The most damning information is actually in the redacted and shortened summary of the 30 minute phone call between Trump and Zelensky. This was actually put out by the administration. For anyone who has seen a mob movie, the phone call was a classic pressurized ask.How is that fake? What the WB is adding is further context and information about the breadth of the corruption, including what looks like a coverup as well. Much of the information about Giuliani's involvement has been partially known as it was happening (in fact one of his trips to meet with Zelensky was canceled due to the press sunshine on his activities).

Now as to the identity of the WB? Does not matter. But you give away the store here - "partisan Democrat." Bias much?

Not really material to this issue.

Actually they did not walk back the entire story, but certainly misrepresented what they actually had. The fact that the NYT corrected anything is exactly what we should expect from our press. You never see Trump correcting any of his stories...

The evidence from your actual statements is that you effectively are a partisan. Not much difference than a racist saying "I am not a racist."

Really? So Tulsi Gabbard is my preferred candidate. But I'm 'partisan'?

Perhaps Trump has clouded your mind as he has done to many other Democrats, where it is near impossible for you to have anything less than a mini-hysterical accusatory convo any longer. I didn't even vote in 2016...could not have cared less who won and still don't. Do you think perhaps it is you who is partisan, and can no longer evidence nuance and reflective thinking?
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

So go vote in November 2020. If you're not secure enough in what you just wrote, you will push the impeachment insanity, while helping absolutely not one citizen of this country. It's a fairly obvious choice.
Talk sense, man...what the fork are you trying to say?? You like to couch your words in the veneer of "moderation" but you are fooling no one around here. Your words are those of a partisan rightwingnut incredulously out to justify (at best) or excuse (at worse) the CLEARLY improper behavior of our DOPUS.

An ADNI appointed by Trump gave a WB complaint to a TRUMP APPOINTED Inspector General and it was deemed, BY THE IG, as an "Urgent Concern".

What is so hard for you to understand about this??

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:21 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:18 pm
youthathletics wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:12 pm That’s about the only way this happens....R’s turn on him.

If the left only had a viable candidate, this would be a non issue. The left is pulling out all the stop in hopes the senate will follow in their lock step.
The Dems actually have a whole slew of "viable" candidates who can beat Trump, it's just that you and I aren't happy with the leading choices most likely to get the nod.

Unfortunately, we may need to suck it up for awhile and hope we can rebound to some sort of more centrist balance.
Dems have a number who can beat Trump. May not be your cup of tea, but in every way they are a massive improvement on Trump. They actually care about something besides themselves. They will bring back the rule of law, normal order.
As I've previously written, despite having never before, over 4 decades, voted for a Dem for President, I'll vote for the proverbial 'piece of wood' over Trump. Indeed over Pence too as he's up to his neck in it, total toady and he's got some views I can't countenance to boot.

Kasich, Romney...

Return to “POLITICS”