2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
ggait

Re: 2020 Elections - Enough Divisiveness Already

Post by ggait »

I've already signed up to knock on doors this Fall for Sleepy/Creepy. Also been giving $$$. Absolutely voting a straight party ticket from top to bottom regardless of circumstances.

Never done any of those things before in my life.

Not taking anything for granted until January 21, 2021.

Trump has completely deranged me. And the GOP has to pay for that.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:12 pm
wgdsr wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:15 pm
tech37 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:49 pm and can you imagine Kanye and Trump debating with Biden in absentia? Not a good look for moderate swing voters like myself ;)
i didn't even think about that. is kanye even serious, has that been vetted yet?
i guess we'll see if he starts a campaign, real $$ and effort.

trump, kanye, the green party candidate and no joe. i actually would take that as a poor man's debate.

i'd been saying around the office back in january/feb that there had to be biden/trump debates and no one had better take that away from me!!!
Kanye said he wants to run the United States like Wakanda. Peter, Tech, Get it to x, Kramerica are right. Kanye is going to carry the black vote and it’s going to hurt Biden.
:lol:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

ggait wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:47 am I've already signed up to knock on doors this Fall for Sleepy/Creepy. Also been giving $$$. Absolutely voting a straight party ticket from top to bottom regardless of circumstances.

"Trump has completely deranged me. And the GOP has to pay for that."

I understand your desire to Johnny pile on the GOP. IMO they are doing a fine job of a party falling apart at the seams already. Do I think the Democrats will do any better? Of course not, that is not the point. I have no problem with passing the torch off to the Dems and watch them rumble, bumble and stumble around. In true form then the Republicans will want to win again so they can "fix things." :roll:
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

ggait wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:47 am I've already signed up to knock on doors this Fall for Sleepy/Creepy. Also been giving $$$. Absolutely voting a straight party ticket from top to bottom regardless of circumstances.

You come across as an imntelligent individual

But

Renegotiated trade deals with Mexico Canada China and Europe resulting in 10's of Billions surplus for US business

Wiping out the ISIS Caliphate, no more children being crucified by barbarians

the Market was about to break 30,000

The largest labor participation rate since records were kept

Minority Unemployment best ever

Middle class tax cuts

100's of thousands of manufacturing jobs returned to the US—jobs liberal progressives said would never return

Trillions of dollars repatriated to the US

Millions fewer Americans on food stamps

NATO partners actually paying their share to protect them

All that has deranged you?

But you support Biden and liberal progressive who will

increase violence in the streets

Defund the Police

Expand abortion

Spread Autonomous zones in major American cities

Support Black Lives Matter—a marxist front group (Alicia Garza, one of three co-founders of the Black Lives Matter national organization, has repeatedly talked about how convicted cop killer and wanted domestic terrorist Joanne Chesimard, also known as Assata Shakur, is one of her main inspirations. Susan Rosenberg, a member of the board of directors for the left-wing Thousand Currents group, which handles the intake of donations made to Black Lives Matter, is a convicted terrorist who, among other things, was suspected of helping Shakur escape from prison.)

Then You can't be trusted with the vote
tech37

Post by tech37 »

6ftstick wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:39 am

But

Renegotiated trade deals with Mexico Canada China and Europe resulting in 10's of Billions surplus for US business

Middle class tax cuts

100's of thousands of manufacturing jobs returned to the US—jobs liberal progressives said would never return

Defund the Police

Expand abortion

Support Black Lives Matter—a marxist front group (Alicia Garza, one of three co-founders of the Black Lives Matter national organization, has repeatedly talked about how convicted cop killer and wanted domestic terrorist Joanne Chesimard, also known as Assata Shakur, is one of her main inspirations. Susan Rosenberg, a member of the board of directors for the left-wing Thousand Currents group, which handles the intake of donations made to Black Lives Matter, is a convicted terrorist who, among other things, was suspected of helping Shakur escape from prison.)

Sure there are people who feel like ggait, we see quite a few right on this board. What happens though if the more extreme factions of left gain real power/influence? Biden won't stand a chance. What will happen to markets and all those 401ks? Many people's nest eggs gone with no way to recover under a Biden admin that is intent on reversing the Trump pro-business landscape right out of gate.

It's possible the indifference shown by D governors/mayors, letting anarchy reign in so-called sanctuary cities, and supporting disastrous policies like "defund police," may be a wake up call for swing voters (silent majority) who fear for their family's future.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

tech37 wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:12 am

But

Middle class tax cuts

Defund the Police

Expand abortion

Sure there are people who feel like ggait, we see quite a few right on this board. What happens though if the more extreme factions of left gain real power/influence? Biden won't stand a chance. What will happen to markets and all those 401ks? Many people's nest eggs gone with no way to recover under a Biden admin that is intent on reversing the Trump pro-business landscape right out of gate.

It's possible the indifference shown by D governors/mayors, letting anarchy reign in so-called sanctuary cities, and supporting disastrous policies like "defund police," may be a wake up call for swing voters (silent majority) who fear for their family's future.
For the first time in my life, I am pulling every democrat lever that I see. Every single one.
“I wish you would!”
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:11 am

But

Middle class tax cuts

Defund the Police

Expand abortion

For the first time in my life, I am pulling every democrat lever that I see. Every single one.

Obviously enjoys the destruction of American cities.
Typical Lax Dad

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:36 am

But

Middle class tax cuts

Defund the Police

Expand abortion

Aren’t you voting for Yeezy?
“I wish you would!”
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:43 am

But

Middle class tax cuts

Defund the Police

Expand abortion

I don't know who I will vote for. Please shoot me if I ever come on a website and write something like this: 'I am pulling every ____ lever that I see'. My mind will be proven to be useless mush at that stage, so no need for me to keep sucking oxygen.
Typical Lax Dad

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:50 am

But

Middle class tax cuts

Defund the Police

Expand abortion

I don't know who I will vote for. Please shoot me if I ever come on a website and write something like this: 'I am pulling every ____ lever that I see'. My mind will be proven to be useless mush at that stage, so no need for me to keep sucking oxygen.
You still picking those figs out of your teeth?
“I wish you would!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:50 am

But

Middle class tax cuts

Defund the Police

Expand abortion

that your mind is useless mush is more than a little obvious to most of us. :lol:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

But

Middle class tax cuts

Defund the Police

Expand abortion

Gotta love 6ft's last one bolded above.
Yup, the brown shirt response.

I'm VERY happy with my GOP Governor (competence/empathy/conservative), but he's not on the ballot this cycle.
So, I too will be pulling only D levers for the first time in my life, first time ever for a D lever for President.

tech, I do understand your concern about the far left becoming ascendant.
Particularly in light of the shattering of all norms in checks on Presidential power.
That said, I'm not concerned with Biden's first term.
Beyond that, different story.
That's what 2022 and 2024, and beyond, can be about, assuming the GOP breaks its Trumpist fever/death grip.

But this white supremacist, nativist, whining, corrupt, incompetence needs to get washed out of the GOP first. That's going to be difficult as so many chose to 'bend the knee' to Trump and Trumpism, but it's a necessity.

Do so, and Dems will be forced to compete for the middle of the electorate.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:03 am

But

Middle class tax cuts

Defund the Police

Expand abortion

I'm VERY happy with my GOP Governor (competence/empathy/conservative), but he's not on the ballot this cycle.
So, I too will be pulling only D levers for the first time in my life, first time ever for a D lever for President.

Particularly in light of the shattering of all norms in checks on Presidential power.
That's what 2022 and 2024, and beyond, can be about, assuming the GOP breaks its Trumpist fever/death grip.

But this white supremacist, nativist, whining, corrupt, incompetence needs to get washed out of the GOP first. That's going to be difficult as so many chose to 'bend the knee' to Trump and Trumpism, but it's a necessity.

… don't do so, at your own risk!
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

But

Middle class tax cuts

Defund the Police

Expand abortion

Dems ABANDONED the working middle class when Obama ran. It was DNC policy look up
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

But

Middle class tax cuts

Defund the Police

Expand abortion

What do my first ten points have too do with "white supremacist, nativist, whining, corruption, incompetence"
Typical Lax Dad

6ftstick wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:12 am

But

Middle class tax cuts

Defund the Police

Expand abortion

Dems ABANDONED the working middle class when Obama ran. It was DNC policy look up
Blame the black guy: https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2 ... -families/
“I wish you would!”
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:15 am

But

Middle class tax cuts

Defund the Police

Expand abortion

Here ya go read it and weep

28 November 2011

Although there have been hints before of a new Democratic strategy of abandoning lower class whites, Thomas Edsall makes it all but official today in the New York Times, the virtual megaphone of the Democratic Party:

For decades, Democrats have suffered continuous and increasingly severe losses among white voters. But preparations by Democratic operatives for the 2012 election make it clear for the first time that the party will explicitly abandon the white working class.

All pretense of trying to win a majority of the white working class has been effectively jettisoned in favor of cementing a center-left coalition made up, on the one hand, of voters who have gotten ahead on the basis of educational attainment — professors, artists, designers, editors, human resources managers, lawyers, librarians, social workers, teachers and therapists — and a second, substantial constituency of lower-income voters who are disproportionately African-American and Hispanic.

The Democrats’ new path, Edsall writes, follows the path laid out by analysts Ruy Teixeira, John Halpin, and Stanley Greenberg.

“Heading into 2012,” Teixeira and Halpin write, one of the primary strategic questions will be:

Will the president hold sufficient support among communities of color, educated whites, Millennials, single women, and seculars and avoid a catastrophic meltdown among white working-class voters?

For his part, Greenberg, a Democratic pollster and strategist and a key adviser to Bill Clinton’s 1992 campaign, wrote a memorandum earlier this month, together with James Carville, that makes no mention of the white working class. “Seizing the New Progressive Common Ground” describes instead a “new progressive coalition” made up of “young people, Hispanics, unmarried women, and affluent suburbanites.
Typical Lax Dad

6ftstick wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:20 am

But

Middle class tax cuts

Defund the Police

Expand abortion

28 November 2011

Although there have been hints before of a new Democratic strategy of abandoning lower class whites, Thomas Edsall makes it all but official today in the New York Times, the virtual megaphone of the Democratic Party:

For decades, Democrats have suffered continuous and increasingly severe losses among white voters. But preparations by Democratic operatives for the 2012 election make it clear for the first time that the party will explicitly abandon the white working class.

All pretense of trying to win a majority of the white working class has been effectively jettisoned in favor of cementing a center-left coalition made up, on the one hand, of voters who have gotten ahead on the basis of educational attainment — professors, artists, designers, editors, human resources managers, lawyers, librarians, social workers, teachers and therapists — and a second, substantial constituency of lower-income voters who are disproportionately African-American and Hispanic.

The Democrats’ new path, Edsall writes, follows the path laid out by analysts Ruy Teixeira, John Halpin, and Stanley Greenberg.

“Heading into 2012,” Teixeira and Halpin write, one of the primary strategic questions will be:

Will the president hold sufficient support among communities of color, educated whites, Millennials, single women, and seculars and avoid a catastrophic meltdown among white working-class voters?

For his part, Greenberg, a Democratic pollster and strategist and a key adviser to Bill Clinton’s 1992 campaign, wrote a memorandum earlier this month, together with James Carville, that makes no mention of the white working class. “Seizing the New Progressive Common Ground” describes instead a “new progressive coalition” made up of “young people, Hispanics, unmarried women, and affluent suburbanites.
So, you meant to say the DNC abandoned white working class people? I posted a link that seemed to indicate that the erosion of the middle income class was halted in 2011....so it’s not the working class that interest you? That’s what I thought. Thanks for confirming it.

Ain’t no white people in these categories: “new progressive coalition” made up of “young people, Hispanics, unmarried women, and affluent suburbanites.”
“I wish you would!”
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:24 am
6ftstick wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:20 am

But

Middle class tax cuts

Defund the Police

Expand abortion

28 November 2011

So, you meant to say the DNC abandoned white working class people? I posted a link that seemed to indicate that the erosion of the middle income class was halted in 2011....so it’s not the working class that interest you? That’s what I thought. Thanks for confirming it.
You just confirmed you have no reading comprehension
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

6ftstick wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:13 am

But

Middle class tax cuts

Defund the Police

Expand abortion

What do my first ten points have too do with "white supremacist, nativist, whining, corruption, incompetence"
I could debate a number of those points, but it's really not the point.

Eliminate the "white supremacist, nativist, whining, corruption, incompetence" of Trump and Trumpism and you can try to make a case, competing for the middle of the electorate, but that requires dumping Trump and Trumpism wholly, first.

Embracing "the white supremacist, nativist, whining, corruption, incompetence of Trump and Trumpism" loses the center and enables Dems to not have the reject the nut jobs of the far, far left.

Going forward, want to compete and force the Dems to compete?
Dump Trump.

Return to “POLITICS”