2022 Spontaneous/Miscellaneous Game Threads

D1 Womens Lacrosse
OuttaNowhereWregget

Re: 2022 Spontaneous/Miscellaneous Game Threads

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

Too funny. Two quick wits going at it. And I'm not being facetious. Both of these guys can level hilarious scorchers with the best of them.

wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

njbill wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 12:32 pm Yes, great, historic win.

No offense to Kayla Treanor, but Tumi should have gotten the Syr job.

Maybe it will end up with two winners, like what happened at Md. when KAH turned down the job after Cindy left. Terps ended up with Reese and have never looked back even though some Terp fans still hold a grudge against KAH. :lol:
Terps fans can hold a grudge if they want but I think KAH’s choice to go to NU was a win for the sport as well
njbill

Re: 2022 Spontaneous/Game Threads

Post by njbill »

I "need" to answer your question? :lol: And why is that?

I simply said Tumi should have gotten the job. I am entirely comfortable that the logical factual predicate underlying that statement is accurate.
njbill

Post by njbill »

wlaxphan20 wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 1:05 pm

Maybe it will end up with two winners, like what happened at Md. when KAH turned down the job after Cindy left. Terps ended up with Reese and have never looked back even though some Terp fans still hold a grudge against KAH. :lol:
Terps fans can hold a grudge if they want but I think KAH’s choice to go to NU was a win for the sport as well
Actually KAH had been at Northwestern for a number of years starting in 2001 as the club coach, then varsity coach in 2002. When Cindy left Md. several years later, KAH had just won her first two Nattys. Understandably, the Terps wanted this innovative, wildly successful coach to take over at her alma mater. Don't know this for a fact, but I've always suspected the negotiations broke down over $$$. Some Terp fans have held that against her ever since, especially one who has been in his tortoise shell for some time now. That is when all the name calling began (Evilston, Evil Empire, Darth Vader, etc.).

Now, Md. came up aces with their hire of Reese. She is perfect for the Md. job. Native Marylander through and through. Alum. Master recruiter (with the help of her able scouting network) of Md. talent.

Agree that what KAH has done at NU is a win for the sport as is what Cathy has done at UMD.
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

KAH is persona non grata at MD and it has nothing to do with her staying at NU. But I'm guessing you probably know this.
njbill

Post by njbill »

hmmm wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 1:29 pm KAH is persona non grata at MD and it has nothing to do with her staying at NU. But I'm guessing you probably know this.
Yes, there are other reasons (more than one) that happened subsequently, but the spurning of Md. kicked it off. A key piece of evidence is that that is when the name calling began. That started well before the other events happened.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

njbill wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 1:27 pm especially one who has been in his tortoise shell for some time now. That is when all the name calling began (Evilston, Evil Empire, Darth Vader, etc.).
I'm wondering if TL is still around. I thought for sure he'd be posting and enjoying the season his "Laxchix" are having this year but not a word. We lost a lot of folks over the past two years. I hope he's just involved in some time-consuming, interest-consuming new endeavor that has his full attention.
Testudo98

Post by Testudo98 »

KAH’s behavior after the 2010 championship game didn’t exactly endear her to Terps fans either. However, the feud between KAH and MD had been going on long before she was offered the job with the Terps.
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

njbill wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 1:27 pm
wlaxphan20 wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 1:05 pm

Actually KAH had been at Northwestern for a number of years starting in 2001 as the club coach, then varsity coach in 2002. When Cindy left Md. several years later, KAH had just won her first two Nattys. Understandably, the Terps wanted this innovative, wildly successful coach to take over at her alma mater. Don't know this for a fact, but I've always suspected the negotiations broke down over $$$. Some Terp fans have held that against her ever since, especially one who has been in his tortoise shell for some time now. That is when all the name calling began (Evilston, Evil Empire, Darth Vader, etc.).

Now, Md. came up aces with their hire of Reese. She is perfect for the Md. job. Native Marylander through and through. Alum. Master recruiter (with the help of her able scouting network) of Md. talent.

Agree that what KAH has done at NU is a win for the sport as is what Cathy has done at UMD.

Yes I agree, and agree on Cathy’s work at UMD as well
DMac

Re: 2022 Spontaneous/Game Threads

Post by DMac »

njbill wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 1:15 pm I "need" to answer your question? :lol: And why is that?

I simply said Tumi should have gotten the job. I am entirely comfortable that the logical factual predicate underlying that statement is accurate.
Because if she was already committed to Army and wasn't available for the job then all of your logical factual predicate is incidental regardless of how comfortable you are with it.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Testudo98 wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 1:51 pm KAH’s behavior after the 2010 championship game didn’t exactly endear her to Terps fans either. However, the feud between KAH and MD had been going on long before she was offered the job with the Terps.
The 2010 incident is one of the things I was referring to. Was not aware of what you say in your second sentence, however. Wonder why she was offered the job (or at least why did the Terps want her) if she was feuding with the school. Or had the person or persons involved in the feud left Md. by then?
Testudo98

Post by Testudo98 »

njbill wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 3:13 pm
Testudo98 wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 1:51 pm KAH’s behavior after the 2010 championship game didn’t exactly endear her to Terps fans either. However, the feud between KAH and MD had been going on long before she was offered the job with the Terps.
The 2010 incident is one of the things I was referring to. Was not aware of what you say in your second sentence, however. Wonder why she was offered the job (or at least why did the Terps want her) if she was feuding with the school. Or had the person or persons involved in the feud left Md. by then?
The people doing the hiring didn’t know about it until after she was offered.
tothedraw

Post by tothedraw »

Testudo98 wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 4:09 pm
This is so interesting to me. I was paying a lot of attention to D1 women's lacrosse at this time because players of mine and players I had coached against were going to these schools. The 2010 actions of that staff - I think the attorney in the equation had a lot to do with it, but could be way off- sealed my fandom of MD over NU. Both programs had phenomenal coaching and players, but I also liked MD's style more. If you aren't an alum or don't have a child on a team you pick favorites for different reasons.
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

This. The issue is with KAH and her fellow lax alums and there is a specific reason for it that has nothing to do with how she acted at a game. It really has nothing to do with lacrosse.
laxer12

Post by laxer12 »

tothedraw wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 6:08 pm
This is so interesting to me. I was paying a lot of attention to D1 women's lacrosse at this time because players of mine and players I had coached against were going to these schools. The 2010 actions of that staff - I think the attorney in the equation had a lot to do with it, but could be way off- sealed my fandom of MD over NU. Both programs had phenomenal coaching and players, but I also liked MD's style more. If you aren't an alum or don't have a child on a team you pick favorites for different reasons.
What actually happened? Can someone please explain?
Testudo98

Post by Testudo98 »

laxer12 wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 10:27 pm
It wouldn’t be appropriate to disclose what happened. It affected others who probably don’t want this rehashed in public.
Lax247

Post by Lax247 »

Testudo98 wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:47 am
It wouldn’t be appropriate to disclose what happened. It affected others who probably don’t want this rehashed in public.
When D was recruited to play there she said to us “you are gonna hear a lot of things about me. I just ask that you come to me first and don’t believe everything you hear”.
Testudo98

Post by Testudo98 »

Well, bless her heart. She’s been so mistreated and misunderstood.
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

The only reason you say that is because she is from NJ. If she wasn't you wouldn't make that statement. You can't see how that comes off as offensive? Pure biased speculation on your part.

Joe
laxer12

Post by laxer12 »

Testudo98 wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:47 am
Oh, alright. I thought it was something that happened publicly at the 2010 National Championship game. I didn't follow lacrosse that closely then and didn't know anything about it.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”