General Chatter
Typical Lax Dad

Re: School Closings

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
livelovelax

Post by livelovelax »

If most univerties require that all students have a vaccination, and the overwhelming majority of doctors and epidemiologists state that Omocron will result in a cold, then why are we closing down and going remote. The Pandemic of Fear continues! Fauci just stated masks may be here forever. Not me. Vote them out now!
Typical Lax Dad

livelovelax wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 1:09 pm If most univerties require that all students have a vaccination, and the overwhelming majority of doctors and epidemiologists state that Omocron will result in a cold, then why are we closing down and going remote. The Pandemic of Fear continues! Fauci just stated masks may be here forever. Not me. Vote them out now!
Community spread.
Laxgunea

Post by Laxgunea »

Community spread ... and what's the problem with that if it's just a cold? Exhibit A: Omicron. Someone can harbor the virus asymptomatically for a long time, all the while it is mutating away. Given the choice, do you want more human incubators or fewer?
Hopefully the Omicron spike is fast and short. If so, then we avoid closings. But until actual data is available, Omicron may still shut down some seasons. It may feel like a cold, or less, but does it lead to myocarditis sometimes? Without knowing that, how do actuaries approve sports seasons in a spike? My money is on no final decisions until February.
Bart

Post by Bart »

livelovelax wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 1:09 pm If most univerties require that all students have a vaccination, and the overwhelming majority of doctors and epidemiologists state that Omocron will result in a cold, then why are we closing down and going remote. The Pandemic of Fear continues! Fauci just stated masks may be here forever. Not me. Vote them out now!
Man, I can't believe I was duped to vote for Fauci.
Essexfenwick

Post by Essexfenwick »

Remember when Fauci said Covid is not a major threat? I do
Remember when Fauci said masks are not really effective in keeping out virus, which is small enough to pass through material? I do.
Remember when Fauci advised against closing off travel from China? I do
Remember when Fauci advised against closing off travel from Europe? I do
Remember when Fauci based all of his predictions on the garbage IHME models that were OFF BY MILLIONS and then later told reporters, “You can’t really rely on models.” I do

Remember when Fauci endorsed Tinder hookups, unbelievably. Then said Americans should never shake hands again? I do
Remember when Fauci and Dr. Birx used the Imperial College Model to persuade President Trump to lock down the entire US economy. Then Imperial model has since been confirmed as A COMPLETE FRAUD. I do.

But the worst is he is completely unaware that hordes of unvaxxed people are flooding the border and spreading out into the country. Thats some high level stupidity.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Essexfenwick wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 1:35 pm
Remember when Fauci said masks are not really effective in keeping out virus, which is small enough to pass through material? I do.
Remember when Fauci based all of his predictions on the garbage IHME models that were OFF BY MILLIONS and then later told reporters, “You can’t really rely on models.” I do

Remember when Fauci endorsed Tinder hookups, unbelievably. Then said Americans should never shake hands again? I do
Remember when Fauci and Dr. Birx used the Imperial College Model to persuade President Trump to lock down the entire US economy. Then Imperial model has since been confirmed as A COMPLETE FRAUD. I do.

But the worst is he is completely unaware that hordes of unvaxxed people are flooding the border and spreading out into the country. Thats some high level stupidity.
Amazing post. A fair amount of ignorance and then a big finish with a splash of xenophobia.

Impressive.

DocBarrister :?
@DocBarrister
livelovelax

Post by livelovelax »

Also, Fauci stated that funds were never used for gain of function………..but the head of the NIH said that those same funds were used. Insane! These same people have no curiosity about China's CCP manufacturing this but instead want to vilify the Republicans and half of America.

America will be shut down for alot of 2022 for the cover of requiring mass mail in ballots during the mid term elections. Corrupt beyond belief.
Essexfenwick

Post by Essexfenwick »

DocBarrister wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 1:57 pm

Amazing post. A fair amount of ignorance and then a big finish with a splash of xenophobia.

Impressive.

I agree. But Fauci is more than a fair amount of ignorance. It’s a huge amount like totally incoherent. I wasn’t aware he was Xenophobic but checked and found out he lives in an all white section of a very mixed race city so I think you’re on to something.
Typical Lax Dad

Laxgunea wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 1:24 pm Community spread ... and what's the problem with that if it's just a cold? Exhibit A: Omicron. Someone can harbor the virus asymptomatically for a long time, all the while it is mutating away. Given the choice, do you want more human incubators or fewer?
Hopefully the Omicron spike is fast and short. If so, then we avoid closings. But until actual data is available, Omicron may still shut down some seasons. It may feel like a cold, or less, but does it lead to myocarditis sometimes? Without knowing that, how do actuaries approve sports seasons in a spike? My money is on no final decisions until February.
Ask the folks at your university…..I agree with your decision timeline. Wait and see.
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Mon Dec 20, 2021 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Typical Lax Dad

Drcthru

Post by Drcthru »

Essexfenwick wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 2:08 pm

Impressive.

I agree. But Fauci is more than a fair amount of ignorance. It’s a huge amount like totally incoherent. I wasn’t aware he was Xenophobic but checked and found out he lives in an all white section of a very mixed race city so I think you’re on to something.
Projection?
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to do the dishes.
Drcthru

Post by Drcthru »

livelovelax wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 1:59 pm Also, Fauci stated that funds were never used for gain of function………..but the head of the NIH said that those same funds were used. Insane! These same people have no curiosity about China's CCP manufacturing this but instead want to vilify the Republicans and half of America.

America will be shut down for alot of 2022 for the cover of requiring mass mail in ballots during the mid term elections. Corrupt beyond belief.
As of July 2020, five states – Colorado, Hawaii, Oregon, Utah and Washington – hold elections almost entirely by mail. Heard of any mass voter fraud in these states?
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to do the dishes.
Essexfenwick

Post by Essexfenwick »

Drcthru wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 3:04 pm

Impressive.

Projection?

No I don’t know enough about DocBarrister to say any such thing.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Admin,

I don't think this thread belongs on the lacrosse side of the forum any longer...unfortunately there are a handful of posters who don't want to share news about decisions impacting lacrosse but rather just want to go on unhinged, repeated diatribes.

I think it's actually trolling, as much of it is indeed Putinesque misinformation designed to inflame not inform, but at a minimum it doesn't belong amongst actual lacrosse-related discussions.
Essexfenwick

Post by Essexfenwick »

Putinesque ?

The virus came from Xi and China. Try to keep up.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Essexfenwick wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:21 pm
Drcthru wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 3:04 pm

Impressive.

Projection?

No I don’t know enough about DocBarrister to say any such thing.
Classic case, Drcthru.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

As a scientist but not an epidemiologist i assume given those i know and know of don’t put much weight on that stat. My brother in law is a Harvard PhD, internationally known, and doesn’t
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

OCanada wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 3:29 pm As a scientist but not an epidemiologist i assume given those i know and know of don’t put much weight on that stat. My brother in law is a Harvard PhD, internationally known, and doesn’t
Which stat?
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

I found this interesting:

60 days after first case

Measles. 50,600

Omicron 244,000,000

Its about generation time. Measles is 15 days. Omicron >5

Sent to me by an AD.

JPWelland

Return to “GENERAL CHATTER”