Orange Duce

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
youthathletics

Re: Orange Duce

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:59 am
Peter Brown wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:42 am If you are reporting on the "favor" line from the transcript, without mentioning that the VERY next sentence is about wanting an investigation into meddling in the 2016 election...

...you are being misleading.

It's right here. Come on people, be honest.
Honest question: why is a sitting President talking to a foreign leader about looking into the behavior of a political rival (Biden and his son)?

What does that have to do with the business of the American people.

Take your time. Come up with a reasonable answer as to why that's ok, and how that serves the American people.
Because Biden gave the ex leader of Ukraine a 6 hour ultimatum or no goodies....then compounded his issue, by stating go ahead and call Obamaif you think I am kidding, he'll back me....implicating BHO as well. That could very well be hanging over our heads AND may have been why there was so much Russian/Ukraine 'stuff' going on during 2015/2016. Remember how they were saying those troll farms and hackers were using software that could mask where an IP address originating from.....Ukraine?
Last edited by youthathletics on Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:55 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:42 am If you are reporting on the "favor" line from the transcript, without mentioning that the VERY next sentence is about wanting an investigation into meddling in the 2016 election...

Honest question: why is a sitting President talking to a foreign leader about looking into the behavior of a political rival (Biden and his son)?

Take your time. Come up with a reasonable answer as to why that's ok, and how that serves the American people.
Because Biden gave the ex leader of Ukraine a 6 hour ultimatum or no goodies....then compounded his issue, by stating go ahead and call Obama he'll back our deal....implicating BHO as well. Biden is a Shyster...not too far different than Trump.
No comparison. Biden was expressing the conclusion of many allies in the West (as well as his boss BHO) that this particular prosecutor was not actually investigating anything but effectively exonerating criminal behavior. And the Obama administration did this more or less in the open, unlike the Trump administration here who have been hiding their actions as much as they can.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

RedFromMI wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:58 pm
youthathletics wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:55 pm

Because Biden gave the ex leader of Ukraine a 6 hour ultimatum or no goodies....then compounded his issue, by stating go ahead and call Obama he'll back our deal....implicating BHO as well. Biden is a Shyster...not too far different than Trump.
No comparison. Biden was expressing the conclusion of many allies in the West (as well as his boss BHO) that this particular prosecutor was not actually investigating anything but effectively exonerating criminal behavior. And the Obama administration did this more or less in the open, unlike the Trump administration here who have been hiding their actions as much as they can.

I like Joe Biden...I think he is a decent man, somewhat conflicted because he is a politician. There is no doubt his kid is a mini-disaster with almost no discernible skills. There's also no doubt why Hunter was paid like he was by the Ukrainians. And I would assume like most father-son relationships, he had some alone time and at the very least told his Dad that the Ukrainians who were paying him were good fella's. That all sucks, but such is life in politics.

Would I impeach Joe even were he to have made a decision that directly benefited his kid? No. I never advocated impeaching Clinton either. In fact, I thought Clinton did a pretty decent job. Much like I think Trump is doing a pretty decent job.

You have a chance every 4 years to register your dislike of a POTUS and VPOTUS candidate. If you subscribe to this never-ending impeachment circus, then be careful what you wish for, because this country truly will be torn asunder. All for BS. Think on this topic, my fellow laxxers. I do not like the look of the near-constant lunacy by Dems.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

All the whining about Hunter using his father's title to make money is ironic.

Suddenly something is wrong...and yet, those same folks don't see that the same thing is happening now with Trump and Co.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

foreverlax wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:21 pm All the whining about Hunter using his father's title to make money is ironic.

Suddenly something is wrong...and yet, those same folks don't see that the same thing is happening now with Trump and Co.

I don't see the "whining" that you do. Almost every politician and his/her family take advantage of their lot in life; some of the most corrupt politicians in America are right in Baltimore Maryland, where I assume some of this board resides. No one so far as I know has sought Elijah Cummings arrest...go google his wife's charity and fundraising situation and get back to me. (And most people could not care less that Elijah bankrolls himself via his wife's sham charity where companies that he regulates contribute; why is there no noise on that issue? hmmmm)

What democrats are doing (on this board and on television) via impeachment are in effect saying they don't like the voting results. There's a solution: go vote, and stop the real whining.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:28 pm
foreverlax wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:21 pm All the whining about Hunter using his father's title to make money is ironic.

I don't see the "whining" that you do. That doesn't surprise me in the least. Almost every politician and his/her family take advantage of their lot in life; some of the most corrupt politicians in America are right in Baltimore Maryland, where I assume some of this board resides. No one so far as I know has sought Elijah Cummings arrest...go google his wife's charity and fundraising situation and get back to me. (And most people could not care less that Elijah bankrolls himself via his wife's sham charity where companies that he regulates contribute; why is there no noise on that issue? hmmmm) None of that has a thing to do with Trump...I agree that there is plenty of corruption at every level of government. Both by the pols and those trying to influence outcomes. But that is where we are.

What democrats are doing (on this board and on television) via impeachment are in effect saying they don't like the voting results. There's a solution: go vote, and stop the real whining.That is simply a R talking point...I actually do vote.
Not a fan of impeachment for all the reason's stated, but at some point, DOPUS has to learn, even he has to follow the law. I gave up on the hope that he would start acting like he respected the conventions of his office he holds.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

foreverlax wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:39 pm

I don't see the "whining" that you do. That doesn't surprise me in the least. Almost every politician and his/her family take advantage of their lot in life; some of the most corrupt politicians in America are right in Baltimore Maryland, where I assume some of this board resides. No one so far as I know has sought Elijah Cummings arrest...go google his wife's charity and fundraising situation and get back to me. (And most people could not care less that Elijah bankrolls himself via his wife's sham charity where companies that he regulates contribute; why is there no noise on that issue? hmmmm) None of that has a thing to do with Trump...I agree that there is plenty of corruption at every level of government. Both by the pols and those trying to influence outcomes. But that is where we are.

What democrats are doing (on this board and on television) via impeachment are in effect saying they don't like the voting results. There's a solution: go vote, and stop the real whining.That is simply a R talking point...I actually do vote.
Not a fan of impeachment for all the reason's stated, but at some point, DOPUS has to learn, even he has to follow the law. I gave up on the hope that he would start acting like he respected the conventions of his office he holds.
Valid point forever, but how in the heck can he sit back and just do his job when +75% of the media is attempting to destroy him each day.

I challenge you to find one article a day that has any positive vibe or even leaning neutral vibe from our news media WRT to this administration. They are in full attack mode.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
old salt

Post by old salt »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:11 pm

Valid point forever, but how in the heck can he sit back and just do his job when +75% of the media is attempting to destroy him each day.

I challenge you to find one article a day that has any positive vibe or even leaning neutral vibe from our news media WRT to this administration. They are in full attack mode.
I don't relish the prospect of impeachment, for the reasons PB articulates. It's a dangerous precedent if it becomes a recall mechanism or vote of no confidence, used to void the result of a national election.

In this case -- it may be too late to stop it now. Given the MSM bias & Congressional show trials like today's Schiff parody video follies, it might the only way Trump can get anything close to a fair hearing.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

I can find all kinds of positive articles on Trump. Same places I would have found negative articles about BHO. ;)

Hard to find actual news that reports just the facts and allows the reader to form their own conclusions.

Some portion of the attacks by the MSM are based on things that Trump has actually said or tweeted....self-inflicted comments, "like you can keep your doctor."

I do share your frustration. Listening to Jordan last night on Fox News with BB - Jordan was asked if he would have had a different view if it was flipped around - like BHO going after Don Jr, he repleid, "It's the democrats..Biden Biden Biden."
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:55 pm Because Biden gave the ex leader of Ukraine a 6 hour ultimatum or no goodies....then compounded his issue, by stating go ahead and call Obamaif you think I am kidding, he'll back me....implicating BHO as well. That could very well be hanging over our heads AND may have been why there was so much Russian/Ukraine 'stuff' going on during 2015/2016. Remember how they were saying those troll farms and hackers were using software that could mask where an IP address originating from.....Ukraine?
That's all great. Pretend every word you wrote is true. Then our Intel community calls them, looking for help.

Because otherwise, you're telling me that you think Obama should have sat in on all the meetings surrounding the Russia investigation instead of Comey.

Get the problem now?

Nixon would have LOVED this idea of how our government should be run. Hell, he'd be elected for a third term, and all his shenanigans would have been buried.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:20 pm So let's answer our question: is there a good reason to bring up Biden with the leader of Ukraine? Not really.
So shrug your shoulders, it's no big deal. And if the next President calls Putin looking for dirt, you're good with that, too.....so long as the "economy is good"...which really means "so long as the economy is good for me".

Got it. Laws? Who needs them, right? I'm down.
Peter Brown wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:20 pmI'd skip past any discussion of anything that did not benefit America. That's me.
First of all, this sounds like "whatever it takes to keep the party going".

Second of all----you understand that not everyone has the same definition of "what benefits America", right?
Peter Brown wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:20 pm Trump is a strange dude. He fights like a dog. You may not like it, I may not like it, but all this projecting going on here with left-to-liberal lax fans comes back to this: most R's historically have avoided 'the fight', preferring to be seen as 'sensible'. That didn't work out too well for them as the country's politics veered more and more left. So they elected a fighter.
Chapter and Verse from FoxNation. "It's ok that Trump does this, or acts like this, or fleeces taxpayer money "because".....(enter rambling excuse that doesn't really say anything at all)". Well done
Peter Brown wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:20 pm You and others seem to go absolutely bananas with any possible reason to impeach the guy rather than focusing on what we as a country ought to be about, and that is voting.
Don't care if he's impeached or not. I want our leaders to follow laws, and avoid blatant conflicts of interest.

Your attitude here is: Trump will stop breaking laws and feasting on taxpayer money when his term is up, stop complaining. It's only 4 years of this, so who cares?

What the heck did they teach you on Charles Street? Have any classes entitled "Ethics? Who needs them 101", or "So what, that's not illegal 401"? ;)

Come on, man.
Peter Brown wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:20 pm Every liberal comment about impeachment simply drives me further and further away from any other nominee.
So your plan is to ignore the candidate your voting for, and instead focus on whether or not the Democratic Party was mean to Trump, eh?

Good luck with that.
Peter Brown wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:20 pm And every false media report of which there are simply too many to even list makes me question everything I read or hear. I posted the transcript so you could see how misleading the 'favor' topic was.
So you're so obtuse that you're going to pretend that if you run a small nation that depends on funding from the United States to help keep Putin out, and the President calls you, and asks you to do him a favor-----you don't think there's an implied quid pro quo.

Stick your head in the sand, and pretend like there's nothing there.

You do understand that you're telling the next POTUS that this is how you want him/her to behave, right?
a fan

Post by a fan »

The "logic" being bandied about these days makes me worry about just how cr*ppy our colleges have become. 1+1= squirrel. Must be the new math everyone keeps talking about.....
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

a fan wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:47 pm

The "logic" being bandied about these days makes me worry about just how cr*ppy our colleges have become. 1+1= squirrel. Must be the new math everyone keeps talking about.....
It's not logical...calling a spade a spade, it's just plain old hypocrisy. Legal, Ethical and Moral...what the DNI said. Sadly it seems he is all alone in that regard.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

old salt wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:20 pm

I don't relish the prospect of impeachment, for the reasons PB articulates. It's a dangerous precedent if it becomes a recall mechanism or vote of no confidence, used to void the result of a national election.

In this case -- it may be too late to stop it now. Given the MSM bias & Congressional show trials like today's Schiff parody video follies, it might the only way Trump can get anything close to a fair hearing.
This isn’t about a “recall mechanism” or a “vote of no confidence.” We are far beyond that.

This is about a president who clearly abused his office to coerce a foreign American ally into smearing his leading political opponent, using American military assistance as a hammer. It’s also about a White House and administration that clearly attempted to cover up the president’s crimes.

Those are all criminal acts by the president and members of his administration. It’s absolutely disqualifying. He should be forced to resign immediately. Nixon’s crimes pale in comparison.

I think the disgraceful reaction of Trump’s supporters only reflects their disdain for our nation and our democracy, needless to mention the rule of law. Do I even need to raise the complete and utter hypocrisy of the deplorable MAGA hordes?

DocBarrister :roll:
@DocBarrister
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:29 pm
youthathletics wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:55 pm Because Biden gave the ex leader of Ukraine a 6 hour ultimatum or no goodies....then compounded his issue, by stating go ahead and call Obamaif you think I am kidding, he'll back me....implicating BHO as well. That could very well be hanging over our heads AND may have been why there was so much Russian/Ukraine 'stuff' going on during 2015/2016. Remember how they were saying those troll farms and hackers were using software that could mask where an IP address originating from.....Ukraine?
That's all great. Pretend every word you wrote is true. Then our Intel community calls them, looking for help. (It is true, it came from Biden's lips.)

Because otherwise, you're telling me that you think Obama should have sat in on all the meetings surrounding the Russia investigation instead of Comey. (Nope....not even close, my point is that Biden AND Obama used defined "contingent quid pro quo" with a foreign country...but that is irrelevant to the business of our country, right?...wrong.
As I stated yesterday, and seacoaster so eloquently laid it all out. There was no defined quid pro quo in the unclassifed doc yesterday...but there sure was, as he put it & I am paraphrasing here...'mob style innuendo' .

We can not say Trump is dragging us into the gutter when we were already there.....we just did not put lipstick on it until HRC lost.
~Livy
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:47 pm

It's more the studied indifference of the MSM (& here) to the financial dealings of Hunter Biden, before Trump made it an issue.

This should have been thoroughly investigated & reported by the MSM as soon as Biden declared as a candidate.

It would not have inoculated Biden from accusations of conflict of interest, but he could have addressed it on his terms & preempted Trump's version.
The old shine a light on your problem theory.
a fan

Post by a fan »

[
old salt wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:20 pm In this case -- it may be too late to stop it now. Given the MSM bias & Congressional show trials like today's Schiff parody video follies, it might the only way Trump can get anything close to a fair hearing.
You know Republicans keep saying that they hate Trump more than they hate America?

I figured you and Pete Brown and L&M out. You hate liberals more than you love the rule of law and any notion of ethics.

So If Tulsi wins the election, and looks to Putin and anyone else she chooses for intel and other help....hacking, whatever.....on their opponent that's now a green light.

Tulsi could call China and ask them for campaign help "hey I noticed you don't like our FDA laws. My donors don't either. Can you run advertising on Prop 101 during the election using the American Corporations you own?"

Problem? What problem? That's not illegal, man.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:02 pm It's more the studied indifference of the MSM (& here) to the financial dealings of Hunter Biden, before Trump made it an issue.
You're doing it again. You and everyone else who made fun of Prestwick and all the other Trump conflicts don't get to say whataboutBiden?

Obviously you don't believe your own BS surrounding Prestwick. Otherwise, you'd say "of COURSE they're not covering Biden. Because that's not illegal, and there's no story".

You don't get to have it both ways.
old salt wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:02 pm This should have been thoroughly investigated & reported by the MSM as soon as Biden declared as a candidate.
Nope. You and millions of your fellow Republicans told our Congress in no uncertain terms that conflicts don't bother you. Are you angry because they got the message?

Partisan horsehockey. Either conflicts bother you, and apply to everyone in government, or they don't.

You said they don't. So stop complaining.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:12 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:02 pm It's more the studied indifference of the MSM (& here) to the financial dealings of Hunter Biden, before Trump made it an issue.
You're doing it again. You and everyone else who made fun of Prestwick and all the other Trump conflicts don't get to say whataboutBiden?

Obviously you don't believe your own BS surrounding Prestwick. Otherwise, you'd say "of COURSE they're not covering Biden. Because that's not illegal, and there's no story".

You don't get to have it both ways.
old salt wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:02 pm This should have been thoroughly investigated & reported by the MSM as soon as Biden declared as a candidate.
Nope. You and millions of your fellow Republicans told our Congress in no uncertain terms that conflicts don't bother you. Are you angry because they got the message?

Partisan horsehockey. Either conflicts bother you, and apply to everyone in government, or they don't.

You said they don't. So stop complaining.
So you don't think the MSM should examine Hunter Biden's business dealing with the countries his VP Dad had influence over ?
If everything was legal, report it as such.
Report how much Hunter made, what he did to earn it & tell us why it was not a conflict of interest,
The same level of scrutiny that Trump & his family received.
Then the voter can decide if it matters.

There was plenty of justification for why the USAF used Prestwick.
None of it was included in the incomplete initial blockbuster scoops.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:04 pm So you don't think the MSM should examine Hunter Biden's business dealing with the countries his VP Dad had influence over ?
Of course I do. But I'm not the guy who made fun of us over our complaints of conflicts of interest.

Sorry mate, you don't get to complain about Hunter. I do. And so does everyone who think Trump's conflicts aren't ok.

Not only have you waved Trump's conflicts on----you made fun of anyone who thought that they were bad.

So you have ZERO standing to complain about anything Biden did in the Ukraine.

Return to “POLITICS”