Orange Duce

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: Orange Duce

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Bandito wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:45 pm
seacoaster wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:32 pm A comment from a reader of the NY Times:

“I think it’s ridiculous,” Mr. Trump told reporters. “It’s a witch hunt. I’m leading in the polls. They have no idea how they stop me. The only way they can try is through impeachment. This has never happened to a president before.”

Six sentences: six lies. Is that a record?

1) It's not ridiculous. it's very serious
2)Witches are not involved
3)He's losing in the polls
4) They know how to 'stop' him
4) there are at least two other ways to get rid of him, not counting 2020 election; 25th amendment, forced resignation
5)It happened to three other presidents
Rasmussen the only credible poll ( predicted he’d win in 2016 had him at 52 percent. You just can’t help yourself.

You are gonna have a terrible time from 2020-24. Good riddance. You Dems are psychopaths
Hi Manuel.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Bandito wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:29 pm
RedFromMI wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:28 pm Oh and for Bandito - Rasmussen is generally considered to be a fairly inaccurate pollster with a definite R lean. They get a C+ rating from fivethirtyeight.com, compared with YouGov (online only polling) which gets a B, Fox News which gets an A, Ipsos at B+, and NBC News/WSJ rated at A- for example. Latest poll results for these mentioned pollsters (not all using the same polling groups) are:

YouGov (Sep 22-23, 1000 adults) approve 43%, disapprove 49% (and adjusted by 538 to 44/51 using current estimated biases to adjust)
Rasmussen (Sep 19-23, 1500 likely voters) 53/45 (adjusted 47/46)
Ipsos (Sep 16-18, 1116 adults) 40/55 (41/54)
Fox News (Sep 15-17, 1008 registered voters) 45/54 (43/55)
NBC/WSJ (Sep 13-16, 900 RV) 43/53 (41/55)

Current 538 weighted average for presidential approval is 43.2% approve, 52.9 disapprove. This number has been quite stable since last winter, and the last time Trump had net positive approval was a few weeks into his term, and the last time he had less than 50% disapprove numbers was late March 2017. You are deluding yourself if you think our current president has positive approval. The data is there, you just choose to look at one very biased source.
They correctly predicted him winning the presidency. How’s it feel? You must’ve been so woke and mad when you found out the MSM lied to you. It’s gonna definitely suck more for yourself when he is President til 2024.

Some more facts for you:

Russian collusion—failed

Obstruction—failed

Tax returns—failed

Emoluments—failed

Recession hysteria—failed

"Trump is a racist"—failed

Ukraine—likely another failure

Democrats' new 2020 motto:

"When all else fails, impeach"

They hate Trump more than they love America

You are a loser plain and simple. I’m a winner and so are Americans
Except that he did actually collude, he continues to obstruct (and there are clear examples of obstruction in the Mueller Report, plus what he is doing now in preventing the whistleblower from talking to Congress), his tax returns are not yet protected (just not yet available as this winds through the courts), he is violating the emoluments clause and there are active lawsuits about it still, there is likely a slowdown on the horizon as Trump economics does not make much sense, he still is definitely a racist and white nationalist (just not in your mind), and the House is opening an impeachment inquiry, which is quite serious.

Just because you don't see it plainly in front of your eyes is a testament to your blindness. You can keep calling me names, but that does not make you correct.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Heidi Przybyla, senior political correspondent at USA Today, says tonight on Ari Melber's show that Trump called Pelosi today and asked how we can work something out with respect to the whistleblower complaint. Pelosi replied to him that the only thing Trump can do is follow the law and release the complaint to Congress.

There is more than a whiff of desperation here...
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Apparently Trump's speech today was met with some of the following reactions:

laughter
yawning
Wilbur Ross sleeping through most of it

Twitter reactions about it were brutal - including some who questioned whether he was on drugs, or in medical distress, as it was a slow monotone throughout.

But just on cue - Fox news analyst calls it his best speech ever - "Look at the body language, he was confident, he was reading slowly, he didn't repeat himself a bunch of times which he has always done in the past."

You wonder what they are watching - I have seen some of the clips from his speech, and I quite understand the non-Fox reactions...
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Every day he gets a trophy.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

RedFromMI wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:34 pm Apparently Trump's speech today was met with some of the following reactions:

laughter
yawning
Wilbur Ross sleeping through most of it

Twitter reactions about it were brutal - including some who questioned whether he was on drugs, or in medical distress, as it was a slow monotone throughout.

But just on cue - Fox news analyst calls it his best speech ever - "Look at the body language, he was confident, he was reading slowly, he didn't repeat himself a bunch of times which he has always done in the past."

You wonder what they are watching - I have seen some of the clips from his speech, and I quite understand the non-Fox reactions...
He was his most animated when he talked about how awful "globalists' are, about nationalism and the sovereignty of each nation, leading to the notion that every country should put itself first...only to whine about how they'd done so...

There was actually some decently written stuff (nothing particularly inspiring) but some solid stuff that sounded more Ivanka than anyone else in his orbit. It wasn't clear that he'd read beyond the first part previous to today as it was all delivered pretty perfunctorily.

That said, the "Trump Doctrine" was on display.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

Trump has a Trump Doctrine...that is laughable for sure!!

Trump admits he held up Ukraine military aid so allies would pay their share
“Other countries should also pay because, frankly, it affects them more. I mean, that’s a barrier. That’s a wall between Russia and the UK. And they don’t pay,” Trump said during a meeting Tuesday with British Prime Minister Boris Johnson at the United Nations. “And why are they not paying? Why is it always the United States that’s paying?”
“I’d withhold agai​n​. And I’ll continue to withhold until such time as Europe and other nations contribute to Ukraine​,” he said, calling out Germany and France.

EU-Ukraine relations - factsheet

"Since 2014, the EU and the European Financial Institutions have mobilised a package of more than €15 billion in grants and loans to support the reform process, with strong conditionality on continued progress."
Bandito

Post by Bandito »

Trinity wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:38 pm Every day he gets a trophy.
He owns you everyday. Dems have lost their minds. 2020 landslide. You guys are pathetic
Farfromgeneva is a sissy soy boy
Bandito

Post by Bandito »

Nancy Pelosi just said she hasn't read the transcript yet ...

That's a full admission that she went for impeachment with ZERO facts.

The Democrat party is the enemy of the people.

Democrats are toast. They’re done. Adios Democrats. Good luck in 2020. Better find your safe spaces
Farfromgeneva is a sissy soy boy
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

Bandito wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:49 am Nancy Pelosi just said she hasn't read the transcript yet ...

Democrats are toast. They’re done. Adios Democrats. Good luck in 2020. Better find your safe spaces
There is no transcript to be read...just a memorandum.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

foreverlax wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:51 am
Bandito wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:49 am Nancy Pelosi just said she hasn't read the transcript yet ...

There is no transcript to be read...just a memorandum.
A memo that likely has been further edited by the administration. That is also why the House needs to interview the whistleblower.

Also, the IG actually made a criminal referral to the DOJ based on the whistleblower complaint, that Justice declined to prosecute.

Bandito thinks it is over. It is just beginning...
a fan

Post by a fan »

Well, say bye bye to an infrastructure bill.

And a real trade deal with China. And N Korea. And, not that we didn't already know this, Iran talks.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

RedFromMI wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:25 am It is just beginning...
Go for it Red... your average voter (the silent majority) has already done the eye roll over this. Next...you and the other resistance warriors will just pi$$ them off... go for it. ;)

I for one hope we can get back solving important issues such as:

USMCA ratification
trade negotiations with China
immigration
Iran/NoKo
infrastructure
etc., etc.
Last edited by tech37 on Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Average voter doesn't matter, tech. They don't get a say.

If McConnell decides the Republican party is better off with Pence running things for a year----and then running for reelection in a few short months as a the "savior of the Republican party"? Bye, bye Trumpypants.

If I'm McConnell, I'd JUMP at the chance to replace Trump with Pence. McConnell will get reelected no matter what, so he's not in danger.

And let's say they don't vote to impeach. They are telling any and all future Presidents that they have the green light to call leaders around the world, looking for dirt on their political opponents, and toying with funds and favors if they don't comply. That sound smart to you?
tech37

Post by tech37 »

a fan wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:17 pm Average voter doesn't matter, tech. They don't get a say.
Sure they do, in 2020.
a fan

Post by a fan »

:lol: I meant regarding impeachment.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

a fan wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:38 pm :lol: I meant regarding impeachment.
I didn't, from the start :D
old salt

Post by old salt »

foreverlax wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:56 am Trump has a Trump Doctrine...that is laughable for sure!!

“Other countries should also pay because, frankly, it affects them more. I mean, that’s a barrier. That’s a wall between Russia and the UK. And they don’t pay,” Trump said during a meeting Tuesday with British Prime Minister Boris Johnson at the United Nations. “And why are they not paying? Why is it always the United States that’s paying?”
“I’d withhold agai​n​. And I’ll continue to withhold until such time as Europe and other nations contribute to Ukraine​,” he said, calling out Germany and France.

"Since 2014, the EU and the European Financial Institutions have mobilised a package of more than €15 billion in grants and loans to support the reform process, with strong conditionality on continued progress."
Chaff. Your EU fact sheet is not military aid. The EU is not providing lethal military aid & restricts it's loans & grants for that purpose.

That's what makes the US aid different. Things like the Javelin anti-tank weapons which were mentioned.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/01/ ... se-called/
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

old salt wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:06 pm
foreverlax wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:56 am Trump has a Trump Doctrine...that is laughable for sure!!

Chaff. Your EU fact sheet is not military aid. The EU is not providing lethal military aid & restricts it's loans & grants for that purpose.

That's what makes the US aid different. Things like the Javelin anti-tank weapons.
Aid is aid...if it is earmarked for butter, use the other pocket for bullets.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

a fan wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:03 pm Well, say bye bye to an infrastructure bill.

And a real trade deal with China. And N Korea. And, not that we didn't already know this, Iran talks.

Senate Press Gallery
@SenatePress
The #Senate agreed to S.J. Res. 54, to terminate the president's emergency declaration regarding a border wall, 54-41.

GOP voting in favor:
Alexander
Blunt
Collins
Lee
Moran
Murkowski
Paul
Portman
Romney
Toomey
Wicker
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Return to “POLITICS”