Sensible Gun Safety

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
CU88

Re: Sensible Gun Control

Post by CU88 »

Trinity wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:22 am Trump called NRA chief Wayne LaPierre to tell him universal background checks are off the table, never mind an assault weapons ban. Rinse. Repeat. Swamp.
o d wants to win in 2020, so he needs to suck NRA #!&@.
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
DMac

Post by DMac »

Well, as a political strategy it's probably not a bad idea. Let the Dems lead the charge in the great gun debate, start driving gun sales back up with idiotic sh*t like, "those who support the gun industry and America’s idolatrous gun culture are morally complicit in the over 37,000 annual gun deaths in our nation", or lumping them altogether as members of the Satanic Gun Club. Get that, "they're gonna come and grab all of our guns" frenzy going again, tell all the white folk what a bunch of racists and bigots they are too, that'll ensure another Trump victory. The Dems need to get their sh*t together and come up with better ideas than just, "we need to get Trump out of office".
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

DMac wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:24 am Well, as a political strategy it's probably not a bad idea. Let the Dems lead the charge in the great gun debate, start driving gun sales back up with idiotic sh*t like, "those who support the gun industry and America’s idolatrous gun culture are morally complicit in the over 37,000 annual gun deaths in our nation", or lumping them altogether as members of the Satanic Gun Club. Get that, "they're gonna come and grab all of our guns" frenzy going again, tell all the white folk what a bunch of racists and bigots they are too, that'll ensure another Trump victory. The Dems need to get their sh*t together and come up with better ideas than just, "we need to get Trump out of office".
Trump won by 800,000 votes with the Russians part of the campaign effort. It’s not like voters flocked to Trump. Even lost the majority by 3,000,000 votes. Not sure Trump will gain more voters this time around. It is hard to tell.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:34 am
DMac wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:24 am Well, as a political strategy it's probably not a bad idea. Let the Dems lead the charge in the great gun debate, start driving gun sales back up with idiotic sh*t like, "those who support the gun industry and America’s idolatrous gun culture are morally complicit in the over 37,000 annual gun deaths in our nation", or lumping them altogether as members of the Satanic Gun Club. Get that, "they're gonna come and grab all of our guns" frenzy going again, tell all the white folk what a bunch of racists and bigots they are too, that'll ensure another Trump victory. The Dems need to get their sh*t together and come up with better ideas than just, "we need to get Trump out of office".
Trump won by 800,000 votes with the Russians part of the campaign effort. It’s not like voters flocked to Trump. Even lost the majority by 3,000,000 votes. Not sure Trump will gain more voters this time around. It is hard to tell.
Dems can run on universal background checks for sure. Favored by the vast majority, including Rs. In reality Trump's strategy is going to be like last time - hang on tight to his base, get them in a froth and angry about everything not in their "tribe" and gin up as many third party candidates to divert votes from the D nominee.

What makes this harder this time is his base may be all that remains, and I am not sure that outside of that base the Rs can tar the D nominee as they did Hillary - they had been working on her for _years_ before the 2016 election...
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

CU88 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:14 am
Trinity wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:22 am Trump called NRA chief Wayne LaPierre to tell him universal background checks are off the table, never mind an assault weapons ban. Rinse. Repeat. Swamp.
o d wants to win in 2020, so he needs to suck NRA #!&@.
The COOO is cocksure (OED),an endorsement from Wayne and his NRA fellow travelers, will ensure he get's a second term.
DMac

Post by DMac »

RedFromMI wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:39 am
Dems can run on universal background checks for sure. Favored by the vast majority, including Rs. In reality Trump's strategy is going to be like last time - hang on tight to his base, get them in a froth and angry about everything not in their "tribe" and gin up as many third party candidates to divert votes from the D nominee.

What makes this harder this time is his base may be all that remains, and I am not sure that outside of that base the Rs can tar the D nominee as they did Hillary - they had been working on her for _years_ before the 2016 election...
Agree, they can run on universal background checks, but the way I see it they're not smart enough to stop the discussion there. They have to dwell on the gun(s) and the restrictions that need to be put on this one and that one, and the number of rounds in a clip, etc, etc, etc. Dwell on what your plan is to keep guns out of the hands of those who are killing people with them and stop talking about the type(s) of gun(s) you're not going to let people have. That's a sure fire way to drive gun sales up (see Hillary and Barack) and garner votes for Trump. I'm not a gun nut and have no allegiance to either the D or R, but I sure do see the Ds as being a bunch of floundering idiots who are going to blow it again the same way they did last time. Joe or Lizzy are going to beat Trump? Not the way I see it. Trump won the last one by 800,000 (as is written here anyway) and the Ds (like DocB) drove a big part of that number right to him, IMO.
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

Once and for all can you and everyone else who mentions it just STOP with the frickin’ 3,000,000 bull-shirt!?!? We’ve got an electoral college - deal with it. It’s not like he was the President to lose the popular and win the election. The Ds weren’t smart enough to deal with that reality last time. Maybe they’ll wake up in 2020, maybe they won’t.
Typical Lax Dad

SCLaxAttack wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:37 pm
Once and for all can you and everyone else who mentions it just STOP with the frickin’ 3,000,000 bull-shirt!?!? We’ve got an electoral college - deal with it. It’s not like he was the President to lose the popular and win the election. The Ds weren’t smart enough to deal with that reality last time. Maybe they’ll wake up in 2020, maybe they won’t.
Did anyone say we didn't have an EC? The point is that it wasn't a landslide. Nobody is suggesting, at least I am not, that the guy didn't really win the election...... He won.
ggait

Post by ggait »

SC -- we are all smart enough to know how the EC works.

It is just like how they keep score in tennis. In about 4.5% of tennis matches, a player wins the match but loses the majority of the points.

Point is, losing the majority of points/votes is, by definition, a narrow victory of the match/election. A squeeker where you have to thread the needle.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
DMac

Post by DMac »

How the hell does that happen?
Can only figure a double fault doesn't count as winning the point?
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

Asking, for a friend. How are background checks done? Does one have to produce an ID? I thought that that was racist?
oligarchy thanks you......same as it evah was
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

ABV 8.3% wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:20 pm

Asking, for a friend. How are background checks done? Does one have to produce an ID? I thought that that was racist?
:lol: Logic is not valid in discussions of things that make sense, only feelings and prejudices.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Typical Lax Dad

ABV 8.3% wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:20 pm

Stop and frisk was rampant in Charlestown.
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

What does your response have to do with background checks and ID requirements?

Just being a cad, ignoring the "it's racist to require ID's " reality. A FAN will tell you the same.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yW2LpFkVfYk
Typical Lax Dad

ABV 8.3% wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:38 pm What does your response have to do with background checks and ID requirements?

Just being a cad, ignoring the "it's racist to require ID's " reality. A FAN will tell you the same.

The police wasn't checking ID when stopping and frisking? The act of requiring an ID is not racist. .... I believe you know that. Have you not researched how voter ID laws and the manner in which they are administered have disparate impacts on various populations? Let me find some for you.... but of course Google will only list what they want you to read...... :lol: I am all for having election day as a national holiday..... not going to happen......why is that? Lower voter turnout is a good thing?

Here you go: https://www.brennancenter.org/sites/def ... t%20al.pdf

Post me a link to voter fraud..... other than Rudy seeing the bus with the same license going back and forth.....
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

DMac wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:10 pm How the hell does that happen?
Can only figure a double fault doesn't count as winning the point?
If you win a set 6-4

Lets say one of those LOSES is a deuce 4 times/game, so how does one count the points GG is talking? Does the winner of a 4 deuce game get 8 pts? (4 for regular game, 4 in OT/Deuce ) What does the loser get? zero pts? Or 6? (have to win a game by 2 pts ) If its winner take all, loser gets nothing , than I could totally see how the winner of the match could have fewer pts. Especially if they won their games 4-0. That's only 24 total points. Using my scenario, the loser would have 32 total points, for the set.
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:45 pm
ABV 8.3% wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:38 pm What does your response have to do with background checks and ID requirements?

The police wasn't checking ID when stopping and frisking? The act of requiring an ID is not racist. .... I believe you know that. Have you not researched how voter ID laws and the manner in which they are administered have disparate impacts on various populations? Let me find some for you.... but of course Google will only list what they want you to read...... :lol: I am all for having election day as a national holiday..... not going to happen......why is that? Lower voter turnout is a good thing?

Post me a link to voter fraud..... other than Rudy seeing the bus with the same license going back and forth.....
Maybe you should stick to those shorter comments, have no idea what you are writing.

Requiring ID's is NOT racist, according to you......yet say you have researched ID laws and concluded that they are, indeed, racist and impacts various populations? (I have, btw. )
Typical Lax Dad

ABV 8.3% wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:03 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:45 pm

Maybe you should stick to those shorter comments, have no idea what you are writing.

Requiring ID's is NOT racist, according to you......yet say you have researched ID laws and concluded that they are, indeed, racist and impacts various populations? (I have, btw. )
You and I both know the mere fact of asking for an ID is not racist. Most people in this country have some form of ID. Restrictive voter ID laws are at the margins and disproportionately impact poor people. In close elections, particularly local, those numbers make a difference. As voting is a constitutional right, I am for not disenfranchising people without cause. Vote fraud is virtually non existent. There must be some other reason why we want to make it harder to vote but to get yourself an AR-15 should be easier..... wake up.

https://www.brennancenter.org/new-votin ... ns-america
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

Harder to vote? Nonsense. The main thrust of abuse is poll closure and registration removal. Every state in the US requires a photo ID in order to register to vote. It's a fact.

All the stuff YOU are talking about, and that I added a lil more detail spice to, has NOTHING to do with requiring an ID.

But, are you sure you and me and AFAN agree that requiring a photo ID to vote is NOT, repeat NOT racist intent. Along with everyone else . You sure about this :lol:

BTW, since I have a LTC (license to carry) in the state of Massachusettes), doesn't EVERY state requiring your FID/LTC card, in addition to another form of photo ID? When I buy shotgun shells, they always ask for the FID/LTC card.

Oh....that's right....states right to do their states rights thing...... Texas, you just show a drivers license and they hand you a gun? But, in Mass., you can't? Why are we looking to the FED govt. to solve this problem ?
Last edited by ABV 8.3% on Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Typical Lax Dad

ABV 8.3% wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:17 pm Harder to vote? Nonsense. The main thrust of abuse is poll closure and registration removal. Every state in the US requires a photo ID in order to register to vote. It's a fact.

All the stuff YOU are talking about, and that I added a lil more detail spice to, has NOTHING to do with requiring an ID.

But, are you sure you and me and AFAN agree that requiring a photo ID to vote is NOT, repeat NOT racist intent. You sure about this :lol:

BTW, since I have a LTC (license to carry) in the state of Massachusettes), doesn't EVERY state requiring your FID/LTC card, in addition to another form of photo ID?

Oh....that's right....states right to do their states rights thing...... Texas, you just show a drivers license and they hand you a gun? But, in Mass., you can't? Why are we looking to the FED govt. to solve this problem .
Is the LTC the same as LTBAG (license to buy a gun)? You know better..... you are not dumb..... All of those voter ID laws added were at the State level..... I don't know the answer but can you give me a reason why so many laws have gotten more restrictive since 2010? Been around since 1776 and in the last 9 years we have cramped down even more? What drove that decision?

Return to “POLITICS”