VIRGINIA Lacrosse

D1 Mens Lacrosse
admin
Site Admin

Re: VIRGINIA Lacrosse

Post by admin »

stupefied wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 3:32 pmDid not realize it was exclusive to UVA fans
The words "exclusive" and "fanlax" should never be in the same sentence. Not that kind of party. Doors wide open, unlimited food and beverages. Metaphorically.

stupefied

Post by stupefied »

admin wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 4:06 pm
stupefied wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 3:32 pmDid not realize it was exclusive to UVA fans
The words "exclusive" and "fanlax" should never be in the same sentence. Not that kind of party. Doors wide open, unlimited food and beverages. Metaphorically.

Lol
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

stupefied wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 3:32 pm https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... tate/53589

http://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files ... ansfer.pdf

As relatively new , you have to familiarize yourself with the procedure. Involves going to the compliance office for them to fill and submit info and then send academic and athletic information to gauge eligibility for others

This specific forum topic is featured on Fan Lax home page. Did not realize it was exclusive to UVA fans
Let’s discuss this topic on that thread then.
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

A decent win today.Bravo!
The Orfling

Post by The Orfling »

Congratulations to all Virginia lacrosse fans -- dominant win today! Your team looks awesome right now.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Just to put in a pin in it, Rode seems none the worse for having been replaced last game.
73.3%
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 5:34 pm Just to put in a pin in it, Rode seems none the worse for having been replaced last game.
73.3%
i'm not sure about that. looks like rode's shook and the coaches have lost the team.
rasheed

Post by rasheed »

wgdsr wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 6:07 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 5:34 pm Just to put in a pin in it, Rode seems none the worse for having been replaced last game.
73.3%
i'm not sure about that. looks like rode's shook and the coaches have lost the team.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
blue angels

Post by blue angels »

73.3%
Good one! Doubt it stops them from coming back here with something else. How about the Loyola troll! BWAAAH!!!! Army victorious over Loyola. Talking smack on another team’s board is never bright when you have a tough game coming up.
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

blue angels wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 6:26 pm
73.3%
Good one! Doubt it stops them from coming back here with something else. How about the Loyola troll! BWAAAH!!!! Army victorious over Loyola. Talking smack on another team’s board is never bright when you have a tough game coming up.
I think the person is pro hop but nice win today UVA from a loyola fan. Definitely peaking at the right time
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
blue angels

Post by blue angels »

houndace1 wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 6:40 pm
blue angels wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 6:26 pm
73.3%
I think the person is pro hop but nice win today UVA from a loyola fan. Definitely peaking at the right time
Thanks and good luck to you all. Single elimination for us all from here on out so can’t have a bad game. The Hounds will be tough in the tournament.
molo

Post by molo »

I usually don’t complain about announcers, but o got the impression that a decisive win
by a team with multiple NCs over a team that has come close a couple of times was some kind of upset. It’s May, and as Scott Boyle used to say, “The cream is rising.”
raddadsofficial

Post by raddadsofficial »

If UVA can keep up this level of play they'll be contenders, impressive effort
a global lifestyle movement and fashion house for Dads of extraordinary taste.
🏆 '16, '18, '21 & '22 NYC Fall, '19 SF Winter & '19 Boulder Spring ULAX " World Champions " 🏆
https://linktr.ee/raddadsofficial
instagram: @raddadsofficial
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

DALaxDad wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 9:28 pm Being from the dark ages, I’ll note that in 1971 Cornell was national champs and had two senior AA goaltenders. Bob Rule and Bob(?) Buhman split time their junior years (maybe one was a juco transfer). In any event, Rule started senior year, got hurt after clinching the Ivy championship, and then came back against Brown in the NCAA quarterfinals. Rule left the game losing 2-0 when he reinjured his knee and Buhman lead Cornell to the championship. AAs were named later back then.
Both guy's were L.I.'ers.Buhman went to Nassau Community College.Rule went to Cornell straight away.The game,played at Hofstra proved to be a seminal moment in NCAA lacrosse history.Both Bobby's were named AA's (First time in history) and became best buds.Buhman passed away a few years ago.Here's the obit from Newsday.Teammates,fast friends and terrific human beings.By the way the celebration of Buhman's life,mentioned in the article,went on for 3 days.I still have a headache. ;)

https://www.newsday.com/long-island/obi ... -1.9729076
HowieT3

Post by HowieT3 »

blue angels wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 6:26 pm Talking smack on another team’s board is never bright.
FIFY
52 70 72 99
03 06 11 19 21
molo

Post by molo »

Robert Morris gave Maryland a game in the NCAAT. UVA may not make it to Philly, but they will make it past RMU.
Fanlax999

Post by Fanlax999 »

VA looked really impressive in their win over ND. I am rooting for VA to win it all.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Like others, I thought the Cavs should have received the #2 seed. Then Penn. Then Duke.

God luck in Tourney...a very talented team, yours... and fun to watch.
blue angels

Post by blue angels »

molo wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 9:23 pm Robert Morris gave Maryland a game in the NCAAT. UVA may not make it to Philly, but they will make it past RMU.
Respectfully, not sure what Robert Morrises team that played Maryland last year has to do with this year unless they returned everyone. Regardless, that is not an unreasonable pick as there is no dominant team this year including Pedophile State. They have never won an NCAA tourney game so we will see. It wouldn’t surprise me to see Virginia get knocked out in the 2nd round or to get to Memorial Day weekend. It all depends on who gets hot.
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

How many teams ride as well as UVa? Yale, maybe (Eli Ivy opponents are used to it so make it look a bit less effective than it is to other teams). In close competitions a variable like that makes a difference. Otherwise, the usual truisms: goaltending, faceoffs, ground balls. Kraus apparently < 100% will matter by round 2.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”