2022 Spontaneous/Miscellaneous Game Threads

D1 Womens Lacrosse
OuttaNowhereWregget

Re: 2022 Spontaneous/Miscellaneous Game Threads

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

laxagainsthumanity wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 11:15 pm
watcherinthewoods wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:29 pm Please stop trying to assist the lax media is making the pac 12 relevant. The day is coming, but until then it continues to be an afterthought and with good reason. And I am actually a fan! SKO BUFFS!
I think the Pac12's stock would be significantly higher if they didn't spend so much of their season beating up on one another. Playing each other twice is terrible for everyone's resume.
I disagree. The National Hockey League went decades with only six teams and beat each other up a lot more often than 3 times a year (if you factor in the tournament for Pac-12 teams). I think the rivalries that are forming way out west are compelling, and good theater. One has to agree that the travel costs would get very expensive going east to find alternate opponents. There will be more and more teams popping up west of the Rockies as time goes on the way the sport is exploding across the Lower 48. For now however, I think the Pac-12 is alive and well. But that's just one fellow's opinion.
Justalaxdad

Post by Justalaxdad »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:51 am
watcherinthewoods wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:29 pm Please stop trying to assist the lax media is making the pac 12 relevant. The day is coming, but until then it continues to be an afterthought and with good reason. And I am actually a fan! SKO BUFFS!
I think the Pac12's stock would be significantly higher if they didn't spend so much of their season beating up on one another. Playing each other twice is terrible for everyone's resume.
I disagree. The National Hockey League went decades with only six teams and beat each other up a lot more often than 3 times a year (if you factor in the tournament for Pac-12 teams). I think the rivalries that are forming way out west are compelling, and good theater. One has to agree that the travel costs would get very expensive going east to find alternate opponents. There will be more and more teams popping up west of the Rockies as time goes on the way the sport is exploding across the Lower 48. For now however, I think the Pac-12 is alive and well. But that's just one fellow's opinion.
The difference is the NHL was a pro league and not competing with other leagues (conferences in this case). The Pac12 is competing with many other conferences so that’s who they will be compared to. They will get there though, it’s just going to take time and they have to get the east talent to go west.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Justalaxdad wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 9:09 am
The difference is the NHL was a pro league and not competing with other leagues (conferences in this case). The Pac12 is competing with many other conferences so that’s who they will be compared to. They will get there though, it’s just going to take time and they have to get the east talent to go west.
If players like Ashley Humphery are any indication--those heeding Horace Greeley's call will be many.
Justalaxdad

Post by Justalaxdad »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 10:51 am
Justalaxdad wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 9:09 am
If players like Ashley Humphery are any indication--those heeding Horace Greeley's call will be many.
I seriously don’t mean this in a disrespectful way but only you would reference Horace Greeley! 😂
OuttaNowhereWregget

Justalaxdad wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 11:30 am I seriously don’t mean this in a disrespectful way but only you would reference Horace Greeley! 😂
No offense taken, dad. I know where you're coming from. (As you know, I got a thing for cultural references :) )
DMac

Post by DMac »

OSU-Hop 8-8 at the half. Very competitive game.
OSU jumped out to a lead, Hop came blazing back,
OSU responded to get it back to even.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Louisville and Notre Dame slugging it out for seeding position in the ACC tourney. 14-14 in the 4th quarter 7:30 left
laxagainsthumanity

Post by laxagainsthumanity »

I don't watch Louisville all that much, but watching Nakazawa grow these last couple years has been so much fun. Such a remarkable young woman and just fun to root for.
OuttaNowhereWregget

laxagainsthumanity wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 2:15 pm I don't watch Louisville all that much, but watching Nakazawa grow these last couple years has been so much fun. Such a remarkable young woman and just fun to root for.
Absolutely! I would love to hear her interviewed and listen to her perspectives on coming to America, playing lacrosse in D1, etc. She's a very nifty player. Does so many interesting things out there. Really has great anticipation too.
OuttaNowhereWregget

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 2:10 pm Louisville and Notre Dame slugging it out for seeding position in the ACC tourney. 14-14 in the 4th quarter 7:30 left
The Golden Domers take the game 15-14 and clinch the 5th seed.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Hop wins it 17-14 but at least OSU didn't do something stupid like playing tight enough to get their feet tangled up in the last forty seconds.
Justalaxdad

Post by Justalaxdad »

DMac wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 2:31 pm Hop wins it 17-14 but at least OSU didn't do something stupid like playing tight enough to get their feet tangled up in the last forty seconds.
😂
laxagainsthumanity

Post by laxagainsthumanity »

DMac wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 2:31 pm Hop wins it 17-14 but at least OSU didn't do something stupid like playing tight enough to get their feet tangled up in the last forty seconds.
One of your best comments to date DMac.
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

I’m sure most people have heard by now but - Army overNavy for the first time in history! What a win for Coach Tumolo
njbill

Post by njbill »

Yes, great, historic win.

No offense to Kayla Treanor, but Tumi should have gotten the Syr job.

Maybe it will end up with two winners, like what happened at Md. when KAH turned down the job after Cindy left. Terps ended up with Reese and have never looked back even though some Terp fans still hold a grudge against KAH. :lol:
DMac

Post by DMac »

Was "Tumi" offered the job?
I think a statement like that
is actually inherently offensive.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Par for the course for you Dmac. Par for the course.
DMac

Post by DMac »

How's that?
The current coach wouldn't take offense to that?
Kinda like, "No offense, but you're ugly.", no?
Again, do you know if she was offered the job?
Treanor was named the third head coach in program history on June 23, 2021.
On June 28, 2021, Tumolo was named the Noto Family Head Coach of the Army Black Knights women's lacrosse team at the United States Military Academy.
Was she already committed to Army when Gary decided to make the switch?
Last edited by DMac on Sun Apr 24, 2022 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
njbill

Post by njbill »

That's my opinion. I don't think Treanor gives a rat's ass about my opinion and, thus, wouldn't give it any thought or take any offense.

Now that you are phone buddies with Treanor you are way too invested in this. Why don't you call her up and ask what she thinks?

I think Tumolo should have gotten the job. She didn't. Life goes on. She's doing a bang up job at Army. Treanor seems to be doing just fine at Syracuse.

If you think Treanor should have gotten the job, that's fine. You are entitled to your opinion. You wouldn't see me say "that's offensive." But then I'm not you.

I think you need to eat another gummy.
DMac

Post by DMac »

In all your huff you need to answer the question.
Was Tumi already committed to Army when the Cuse HC job opened?
Was she offered the job? Was one actually chosen over the other or
was only one available? If she wasn't available then no, she shouldn't have
gotten the job.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”