Trump's Russian Collusion

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
LandM

Re: The Mueller Report and Impeachment

Post by LandM »

To 3putt and CU
My wife thought it would be a great idea to take the PSU trailer from NY to Vancouver Island- Bill and Ted’s excellent adventure. Word of caution if you try this do not bring any firearms or only one is coming home :lol: :lol:

Between driving from NY to CO, at least we had a 3 month break and back, and now our excellent adventure the most heartening thing learned is that people in this country and Canada want to do the right thing, generous, helpful, respectful and kind. Doubtful you will ever see a cult. Me thinks the writer needs to get a life and visit around.

BTW looking at those heads and Crazy Horse was pretty cool. But anyone who thinks the world is coming to an end walk, not ride, if you can the grounds of Gettysburg. Somehow we survived that.

Best
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

laxxygilmore wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:52 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:38 pm Remember....it all leads back to Obama's desk. :D
Hmm...this desk? :shock: :)
Holy cr*p...... His foot is on the desk!! Obamer is disrespecting the office of the Presidency!!!
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:38 pm Remember....it all leads back to Obama's desk. :D
This a.m. on MJ, David Ignatius looked uneasy. .:lol:.
In an appearance on Fox News Channel yesterday, before his nomination was announced, Ratcliffe told host Maria Bartiromo on Sunday Morning Futures that it’s time to investigate the origins of the investigation of Trump.

“What I do know, as a former federal prosecutor, is it does appear that there were crimes committed during the Obama administration,” he told Bartiromo. “We talked earlier about Michael Flynn. His phone call with the Russian ambassador was a highly classified NSA intercept. Someone in the Obama administration leaked that call to the Washington Post. That's a felony.”

Ratcliffe said the faith and trust of the American people in the Justice Department has been shaken, and it’s up to the attorney general to restore it. “The only way to get that back is, therefore, to be real accountability with a very fair process,” he said. “Again, I have supreme confidence in Bill Barr's ability to deliver that.”
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:47 pm “We talked earlier about Michael Flynn. His phone call with the Russian ambassador was a highly classified NSA intercept. Someone in the Obama administration leaked that call to the Washington Post. That's a felony.”
Ah, so now we care about felonies. Haven't we been told repeatedly that they're just no big deal?
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

a fan wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:52 pm
old salt wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:47 pm “We talked earlier about Michael Flynn. His phone call with the Russian ambassador was a highly classified NSA intercept. Someone in the Obama administration leaked that call to the Washington Post. That's a felony.”
Ah, so now we care about felonies. Haven't we been told repeatedly that they're just no big deal?
And I thought we were against the "criminalization of politics" too? Unless it's a political enemy; then it's OK. Gotcha. Banana Republic anyone?
a fan

Post by a fan »

You don't understand, seacoaster.

Using the DoJ and FBI to go after your political enemies is totally ok, so long as it doesn't happen to your team.

If it happens to your team? Oh, it's an outrage. But if it happens to the "other team"? Oh, that's just following laws and stuff.

Neat, huh?
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

a fan wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:14 pm You don't understand, seacoaster.

Using the DoJ and FBI to go after your political enemies is totally ok, so long as it doesn't happen to your team.

If it happens to your team? Oh, it's an outrage. But if it happens to the "other team"? Oh, that's just following laws and stuff.

Neat, huh?
You're cute......and talking condescendingly I might add, about ONE persons opinion and TAATS teams.

How about me? You? THat person over there? Her? Them The crowd at a Dead & Company concert? Think we ALL are on your mythical teams?
We would just like our lawmakers to follow the laws they write. It's pretty simple. We are teamless. We are the majority.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

seacoaster wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:10 pm
a fan wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:52 pm
And I thought we were against the "criminalization of politics" too? Unless it's a political enemy; then it's OK. Gotcha. Banana Republic anyone?
Back in 2016 as we were running up to the election and shortly after, I made that comparison. We are the Congo.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

runrussellrun wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:09 pm

Neat, huh?
You're cute......and talking condescendingly I might add, about ONE persons opinion........
Ummm. Guilty.

You're right. I'm not talking to you here. You're not the one(s) who told us that felony convictions are no big deal....so why are you taking offense?
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

a fan wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:20 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:09 pm

Neat, huh?
You're cute......and talking condescendingly I might add, about ONE persons opinion........
Ummm. Guilty.

You're right. I'm not talking to you here. You're not the one(s)) who told us that felony convictions are no big deal....so why are you taking offense?
Which team AM I on? Apparently you missed the point that the vast majority of US registered voters don't have a team. Miss the old AFAN, who was contemplative, thoughtful, actually believed TAATS was real, but now concedes there's nothing to be done.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
a fan

Post by a fan »

Dude----I'm reacting to specific posters who, when R's are involved, have bent over backwards to diminish felonies.....

But when folks who were mean to Trump are involved, felonies are, well, felonies.

You're asking me to not react to that position. Sorry mate, this position annoys me.

I"m 100% on your side. So are most of the posters here. I want all of our government reps (in whatever form) to follow the law. And when they don't, and we can prove they didn't? Indict.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

old salt wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:47 pm
This a.m. on MJ, David Ignatius looked uneasy. .:lol:.
In an appearance on Fox News Channel yesterday, before his nomination was announced, Ratcliffe told host Maria Bartiromo on Sunday Morning Futures that it’s time to investigate the origins of the investigation of Trump.

“What I do know, as a former federal prosecutor, is it does appear that there were crimes committed during the Obama administration,” he told Bartiromo. “We talked earlier about Michael Flynn. His phone call with the Russian ambassador was a highly classified NSA intercept. Someone in the Obama administration leaked that call to the Washington Post. That's a felony.”

Ratcliffe said the faith and trust of the American people in the Justice Department has been shaken, and it’s up to the attorney general to restore it. “The only way to get that back is, therefore, to be real accountability with a very fair process,” he said. “Again, I have supreme confidence in Bill Barr's ability to deliver that.”
I'm sorry but this could get fun 8-)
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

a fan wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:34 pm I want all of our government reps (in whatever form) to follow the law. And when they don't, and we can prove they didn't? Indict.
amen

I am getting tired of "business as usual" being folks from both sides leaking information to suit their political agendas.

If you are a government employee and see something illegal - there are whistle-blower rules in place (I think). You can even suggest a reporter look at something..., but flat out violations of law and security clearances should equal jail time.
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
ggait

Post by ggait »

This a.m. on MJ, David Ignatius looked uneasy.
Nonsense. What could Ignatius and Wapo possibly have to worry about. Ever heard of the Pentagon Papers?

And I wouldn't assume Cong. Ratcliffe will get confirmed. Pretty faint praise for him so far from GOP Senators.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Ignatius was sick about the unbridled racism spewing from that toadstool in the Oval Office, and the Silence of The Lambs.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

HooDat wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:23 pm
a fan wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:34 pm I want all of our government reps (in whatever form) to follow the law. And when they don't, and we can prove they didn't? Indict.
amen

I am getting tired of "business as usual" being folks from both sides leaking information to suit their political agendas.

If you are a government employee and see something illegal - there are whistle-blower rules in place (I think). You can even suggest a reporter look at something..., but flat out violations of law and security clearances should equal jail time.
Of course, there's leaking and there's 'leaking of classified information'...two very different things.

But don't kid yourself that the whistleblower laws are sufficient to truly protect the whistleblower....folks' lives are often destroyed, with little to no vindication or compensation at all. The only situations that really make sense to avail oneself of those protections is when there's big money fraud at stake and the whistleblower stands to get very, very rich when their information leads to a big financial recovery by the gov't.

But disclose classified information, without clear authorization to do so?
Yup, you do so at your own peril.
All the more so for higher classification levels...

On the other hand, it may be worth it for your soul.
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

could also gently point a reporter in a direction to dig - ala Deep Throat
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Trinity wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:51 pm Ignatius was sick about the unbridled racism spewing from that toadstool in the Oval Office, and the Silence of The Lambs.
On the other hand, he was effusive in his admiration for the men and women with whom he toured so many of the hotspots in the ME over the last few weeks.

Stark contrast in tone, rightfully so.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

HooDat wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:32 pm could also gently point a reporter in a direction to dig - ala Deep Throat
Deep Throat was indeed 'leaking,' not just nudging the reporters to follow particular leads.

But was it 'classified'?
Well, sorta depends on who is doing the 'classifying' right?
Imagine the outrage if someone at that level leaked damning information about Trump...

But it was certainly a great service to the nation, albeit something he wanted not disclosed for decades...
old salt

Post by old salt »

ggait wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:32 pm
This a.m. on MJ, David Ignatius looked uneasy.
Nonsense. What could Ignatius and Wapo possibly have to worry about.
He'll be losing a source (probably more than one).
Maybe his expense account records will be unmasked.
He'll get a Deep State Hero of the Resistance Award for his part in taking out Nat Sec Advisor Flynn.
Flynn was the appetizer, Trump was the entree.

Return to “POLITICS”