Orange Duce

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
runrussellrun

Re: Orange Duce

Post by runrussellrun »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:16 am
Another grapes of wrath story!
No that was our plane had caught on fire story and could not make the flight all the way to Alaska. Maybe I can pay homage to Mr Steinbeck and simply call it Travels with Cradle... :P
[/quote]

Such a fun, simple read. Steinbeck is great. No longer want that camper/pickup he had CHarlie in/on.......Airstream Interstate is the way to go. All black....people will stay away, think it's spook, spy, secret stuff.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:08 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:39 pm
old salt wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:15 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:52 pm Where's that bootlicker cartoon when we need it?

Perhaps an emoji.
Have you looked up your ass ?
:lol: :lol: :lol: It is hiding behind his I like Ike button which he also keeps safe and secure way up there in the nether regions.
That I found funny, cradle. :D
I'm indeed a very old guy, but my first chance to pull the lever was in 1980.

Salty clearly thinks he's the bootlicker referenced.
Doesn't think it's funny to be called a toady or a shill either.

Unfortunately all this hand waving he and others do to try to 'explain' Trump reveals a core lack of integrity.

It's really not that hard to recognize that he's a liar and a cheat.
And that he has made a practice of surrounding himself with liars and cheats, who will 'stay loyal' to him.

That is, it's easy unless one really doesn't know what lying and cheating is (which I just don't think is the case with any of you guys).

If I'm right that Salty and others know better, this loyalty to Trump is getting them dirty, causing them to not be fully honest and consistent in the standards they would have for any other POTUS, most particularly a POTUS with whom they otherwise had no partisan or policy alignment.

Here's the way you guys might want to think about this a little differently:

Trump dirties everyone who gets close to him. If you are actually concerned about people within institutions like the USAF, then you should be concerned with how having a liar and a cheat at the top can cause them to get dirty ethically.

Again, this is on Trump. He should have liquidated his properties and gone to a blind trust, or absent that, issued an Executive Order that no government business was to be done by any of his interests. Simple.
Your still a young whipper snapper MD. My first and only vote as a registered member of a political party was for Jimmy Carter in 1976. POTUS Carter is an honest, respected and decorated naval officer who came in to the job at the wrong time and under the wrong circumstances. Harry Truman is my favorite POTUS because to spin another Grapes of Wrath story... he left office dirt poor and having to deal with the criticism of having fired Douglas McArthur during Korea. That was way back when former presidents didn't make millions giving speeches to every special interest group under the sun. That was back in the day when POTUS had at least a modicum of integrity and respect for the people they served.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

old salt wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:18 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:59 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:57 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:55 pm
old salt wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:01 pm
a fan wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:57 pm There's nothing to legally sort out. It's totally legal. All of it.

Again, that's not the problem.

Conflict of interest.

You've heard of SCOTUS Justices recusing themselves from cases? You know there's no law forcing them to do that, right?
So we should give up the operational advantage of using Prestwick, because of a perceived conflict of interest, even if it's been vetted & established that there was no wrong doing ?
You have no sense of ethics.

The problem here is twofold:

(1) As a matter of ethics, any property owned by the president or his family should automatically be excluded from any U.S. government use or expenditure. PERIOD.

(2) Even if you somehow get around (1), U.S. utilization of the president’s property should not be increasing, as it has in 2017, 2018, and 2019.

Is there a reason why all of the most corrupt presidential administrations of the past century have been Republican administrations? The complete lack of ethical sense displayed in this thread may explain why.

DocBarrister :roll:
Deplorable
Indeed.
DocBarrister 8-)
...& you have no sense of what really matters & what is sometimes necessary to complete the mission.
So says the person obsessed with a private email server while supporting a moronic, narcissistic, corrupt, treasonous, incompetent, lying, sexual assaulting, bigoted, misogynistic, racist piece of garbage in Donald Trump.

DocBarrister 8-)
@DocBarrister
old salt

Post by old salt »

You forgot Benghazi Doc. This is gonna come back at you like Benghazi,
the home brew server, & the phony Russiagate hoax have.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:40 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:08 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:39 pm
old salt wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:15 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:52 pm Where's that bootlicker cartoon when we need it?

Perhaps an emoji.
Have you looked up your ass ?
:lol: :lol: :lol: It is hiding behind his I like Ike button which he also keeps safe and secure way up there in the nether regions.
That I found funny, cradle. :D
I'm indeed a very old guy, but my first chance to pull the lever was in 1980.

Salty clearly thinks he's the bootlicker referenced.
Doesn't think it's funny to be called a toady or a shill either.

Unfortunately all this hand waving he and others do to try to 'explain' Trump reveals a core lack of integrity.

It's really not that hard to recognize that he's a liar and a cheat.
And that he has made a practice of surrounding himself with liars and cheats, who will 'stay loyal' to him.

That is, it's easy unless one really doesn't know what lying and cheating is (which I just don't think is the case with any of you guys).

If I'm right that Salty and others know better, this loyalty to Trump is getting them dirty, causing them to not be fully honest and consistent in the standards they would have for any other POTUS, most particularly a POTUS with whom they otherwise had no partisan or policy alignment.

Here's the way you guys might want to think about this a little differently:

Trump dirties everyone who gets close to him. If you are actually concerned about people within institutions like the USAF, then you should be concerned with how having a liar and a cheat at the top can cause them to get dirty ethically.

Again, this is on Trump. He should have liquidated his properties and gone to a blind trust, or absent that, issued an Executive Order that no government business was to be done by any of his interests. Simple.
Your still a young whipper snapper MD. My first and only vote as a registered member of a political party was for Jimmy Carter in 1976. POTUS Carter is an honest, respected and decorated naval officer who came in to the job at the wrong time and under the wrong circumstances. Harry Truman is my favorite POTUS because to spin another Grapes of Wrath story... he left office dirt poor and having to deal with the criticism of having fired Douglas McArthur during Korea. That was way back when former presidents didn't make millions giving speeches to every special interest group under the sun. That was back in the day when POTUS had at least a modicum of integrity and respect for the people they served.
Well, I'm chasing you cradle. Sounds like about 4 years apart.
Carter certainly had the most positive, impactful post-Presidency.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

DocBarrister wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:17 pm
old salt wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:18 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:59 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:57 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:55 pm
old salt wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:01 pm
a fan wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:57 pm There's nothing to legally sort out. It's totally legal. All of it.

Again, that's not the problem.

Conflict of interest.

You've heard of SCOTUS Justices recusing themselves from cases? You know there's no law forcing them to do that, right?
So we should give up the operational advantage of using Prestwick, because of a perceived conflict of interest, even if it's been vetted & established that there was no wrong doing ?
You have no sense of ethics.

The problem here is twofold:

(1) As a matter of ethics, any property owned by the president or his family should automatically be excluded from any U.S. government use or expenditure. PERIOD.

(2) Even if you somehow get around (1), U.S. utilization of the president’s property should not be increasing, as it has in 2017, 2018, and 2019.

Is there a reason why all of the most corrupt presidential administrations of the past century have been Republican administrations? The complete lack of ethical sense displayed in this thread may explain why.

DocBarrister :roll:
Deplorable
Indeed.
DocBarrister 8-)
...& you have no sense of what really matters & what is sometimes necessary to complete the mission.
So says the person obsessed with a private email server while supporting a moronic, narcissistic, corrupt, treasonous, incompetent, lying, sexual assaulting, bigoted, misogynistic, racist piece of garbage in Donald Trump.

DocBarrister 8-)
"complete the mission"???
old salt

Post by old salt »

.:lol:. ...you wouldn't know. You think the USAF's mission is to generate kickbacks for Trump.
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

Until fairly recently presidents left office with modest assets. An interesting exception was the widow of James Garfield. Last week I was in Mentor, Ohio to visit the Garfield estate. After James Garfield was assassinated in Washington in 1881, his widow Lucretia was highly admired and subsequently given a trust of $350,000 raised by NY businessman Cyrus Field. That would be several millions in today’s dollar. It allowed her to expand the home in Mentor and build another in South Pasadena with the help of famed architects Green & Greene. Nevertheless, it took the National Park administration to save the Mentor home.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

ardilla secreta wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:00 pm Until fairly recently presidents left office with modest assets. An interesting exception was the widow of James Garfield. Last week I was in Mentor, Ohio to visit the Garfield estate. After James Garfield was assassinated in Washington in 1881, his widow Lucretia was highly admired and subsequently given a trust of $350,000 raised by NY businessman Cyrus Field. That would be several millions in today’s dollar. It allowed her to expand the home in Mentor and build another in South Pasadena with the help of famed architects Green & Greene. Nevertheless, it took the National Park administration to save the Mentor home.
A S, just saw your "auto signature"; LOVE IT!
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
CU88

Post by CU88 »

a fan wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:06 pm Score one for the Trump Administration!! Bravo!!

Press conference at the WH I saw said they were banning all non-tobacco flavors.

So long as they follow through, and this is real? Well done!

https://www.foxnews.com/health/trump-te ... n-proposal

LOL.

If the government is gonna ban vaping after it killed six people, then just wait until they find out how many people assault rifles have killed.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
3rdPersonPlural

Post by 3rdPersonPlural »

a fan wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:06 pm Score one for the Trump Administration!! Bravo!!

Press conference at the WH I saw said they were banning all non-tobacco flavors.

So long as they follow through, and this is real? Well done!

https://www.foxnews.com/health/trump-te ... n-proposal
The tobacco industry has sunk a LOT of money into the vaping industry and controls a significant majority of it.

Tobacco lobbyists are famously generous.

I have no proof to show, but I wouldn't be surprised if OD was shaking the finger of opprobrium with one hand while holding out the other palm up. Who wants to bet against Trump properties filling up with Tobacco conventions and this vaping ban fading away?
old salt

Post by old salt »

This is a play for suburban moms in the 2020 election.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

Yea, only suburban moms care about the health of their kids. :roll:
old salt

Post by old salt »

Pay attention -- we're talking about why Trump did this.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

old salt wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:33 pm Pay attention -- we're talking about why Trump did this.
Oh...Since that is the case, guess it will never happen.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

old salt wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:33 pm Pay attention -- we're talking about why Trump did this.
Here is why he did it....
...And that’s how the First Lady got involved. I mean, she’s got a son — together — that is a beautiful, young man, and she feels very, very strongly about it. She’s seen it. We’re both reading it. A lot of people are reading it. But people are dying with vaping.
Mel must feel so fuzzy..."she's got a son". :lol:
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

foreverlax wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:51 pm
Here is why he did it....
...And that’s how the First Lady got involved. I mean, she’s got a son — together — that is a beautiful, young man, and she feels very, very strongly about it. She’s seen it. We’re both reading it. A lot of people are reading it. But people are dying with vaping.
Mel must feel so fuzzy..."she's got a son". :lol:
i always wondered if it was his....did you see the look on her face? It was a "this MF done let da cat out da bag" type face....
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Epic Fail for the FDA -- not anticipating how ez it would be to fill bootleg vaping pods with THC oil.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/vaping/w ... e-n1052146

Real life Breaking Bad/Snowfall juvenile entrepreneur kingpin.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

old salt wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:34 pm Epic Fail for the FDA -- not anticipating how ez it would be to fill bootleg vaping pods with THC oil.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/vaping/w ... e-n1052146

Real life Breaking Bad/Snowfall juvenile entrepreneur kingpin.
Fact: More people have died in Trump's concentration camps than have died from vaping.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Trump says “anything’s possible” but “I don’t think the Israelis are spying on us. I really would find that hard to believe.”
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump

Return to “POLITICS”