Johns Hopkins 2022

D1 Mens Lacrosse
51percentcorn

Re: Johns Hopkins 2022

Post by 51percentcorn »

Dordevic has posted on Twitter he has entered the portal. Now I know there are several people on this site that thinks Milliman should be locking this transfer up right about......now. But here's a clue - Syracuse people seem to think he would like a real shot at a ring - if that's true - to Sag A's point earlier - that's not going to happen for Hopkins next year. In addition to the fact he is majoring in communication and visual studies - sounds like Hopkins might see him next year but he could be wearing some shade of Red.
flalax22

Post by flalax22 »

Almost every transfer that has come in has had an existing connection with the coaching staff. I don’t get the sense that PM pays much attention to it to be honest.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

flalax22 wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 10:39 am Almost every transfer that has come is has had an existing connection with the coaching staff. I don’t get the sense that PM pays much attention to it to be honest.
Kirson and Versfeld had connections to Koesterer and Annino, respectively. What were Ferndandez, Szuluk, Jennings, and Maher's connections?
51percentcorn

Post by 51percentcorn »

flalax22 wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 10:39 am I don’t get the sense that PM pays much attention to it to be honest.
Where do you get that from? He has obtained 6 transfers in the past 2 seasons - one as I pointed out was IL's #1 ranked available transfer. He's had 2 suffer season ending injuries. Where is this evidence he doesn't pay much attention to it? Does he publish his log-on stats? He has himself - 2 full-time assistants and a DOLO. I have the sense there's enough people to keep a great list of who's in the portal - rank them by need - and contact the ones they might be interested in. It's the only outcome that makes sense because I am thinking PM would like to win - even if it were for only the most selfish reasons.
flalax22

Post by flalax22 »

HopFan16 wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 10:43 am
flalax22 wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 10:39 am Almost every transfer that has come is has had an existing connection with the coaching staff. I don’t get the sense that PM pays much attention to it to be honest.
Kirson and Versfeld had connections to Koesterer and Annino, respectively. What were Ferndandez, Szuluk, Jennings, and Maher's connections?
Szuluk was recruited by UMBC and picked Lafayette and Maher was also recruited by Cornell. Connect the dots.
Last edited by flalax22 on Mon May 02, 2022 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

51percentcorn wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 11:22 am
flalax22 wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 10:39 am I don’t get the sense that PM pays much attention to it to be honest.
Where do you get that from? He has obtained 6 transfers in the past 2 seasons - one as I pointed out was IL's #1 ranked available transfer. He's had 2 suffer season ending injuries. Where is this evidence he doesn't pay much attention to it? Does he publish his log-on stats? He has himself - 2 full-time assistants and a DOLO. I have the sense there's enough people to keep a great list of who's in the portal - rank them by need - and contact the ones they might be interested in. It's the only outcome that makes sense because I am thinking PM would like to win - even if it were for only the most selfish reasons.
I don't know anything about recruiting or the dynamics of it but our present staffs resumes are pfeiffer/cornell/delaware/airforce/valor christian/umbc/osu/jhu/amherst which is a bit different than jhu/cornell/jhu of the previous staff and so I would hope that the diversity of those backgrounds, the schools, the connections, the approaches to finding kids would help "unearth" players.

51, yes, the koolaid it takes to write "I think we can beat maryland this week" probably should be banned while posting and a lot of other things but we have perhaps 85 hours of the dog---t that has been this season and really the last 30 months of this once storied program and I'm going to cling to hope while we have it.

Sun has a story today on two prominent sons of a former head coach of ours and the lede is Hopkins focused.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

51percentcorn wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 10:31 am Dordevic has posted on Twitter he has entered the portal. Now I know there are several people on this site that thinks Milliman should be locking this transfer up right about......now. But here's a clue - Syracuse people seem to think he would like a real shot at a ring - if that's true - to Sag A's point earlier - that's not going to happen for Hopkins next year. In addition to the fact he is majoring in communication and visual studies - sounds like Hopkins might see him next year but he could be wearing some shade of Red.
Would very much like to see Dordevic in a Hopkins uniform. Isn’t he graduating from Syracuse this year? He could get an MBA at Carey.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

flalax22 wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 11:57 am
Szuluk was recruited by UMBC and picked Lafayette and Maher was also recruited by Cornell. Connect the dots.
Fair but I feel like if that's what counts as having a connection then every kid in the portal who is worth anything is going to have several connections to other coaches. Szuluk came in under the radar but Maher started as a top 30 recruit so I'd imagine he was recruited by something like a dozen major programs. Any word on if he's coming back next year? Instagram profile still lists Johns Hopkins University
flalax22

Post by flalax22 »

HopFan16 wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 12:49 pm
Fair but I feel like if that's what counts as having a connection then every kid in the portal who is worth anything is going to have several connections to other coaches. Szuluk came in under the radar but Maher started as a top 30 recruit so I'd imagine he was recruited by something like a dozen major programs. Any word on if he's coming back next year? Instagram profile still lists Johns Hopkins University
I haven’t heard if he’s coming back. What’s the status of Todaro? Medical Redshirt year?
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

flalax22 wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 12:58 pm
HopFan16 wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 12:49 pm
I haven’t heard if he’s coming back. What’s the status of Todaro? Medical Redshirt year?
Has to be at this point. He's been healthy for a couple of weeks now. No reason to burn a year of eligibility now especially since D pole has arguably become the strength of the team. But with Lyne (presumably) and Jennings gone (and maybe McManus too?) he could find a spot next year. Not entirely sure what Fernandez is doing.
Ruffled_Feathers

Post by Ruffled_Feathers »

Something that seemingly went unnoticed or wasn't discussed here at all was I'm fairly certain I saw Fernandez get a few runs out there against PSU this weekend toward the end of the game.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Ruffled_Feathers wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 1:12 pm Something that seemingly went unnoticed or wasn't discussed here at all was I'm fairly certain I saw Fernandez get a few runs out there against PSU this weekend toward the end of the game.
He did. Had a nice trail check to dislodge the ball from a PSU dodger but we couldn't come up with the GB. Still don't think he's 100% but obviously seems well enough to get a few runs when the game is not in doubt. I hope he's back next year and can give it a full season at full strength. Could really help on the wings.
flalax22

Post by flalax22 »

Ruffled_Feathers wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 1:12 pm Something that seemingly went unnoticed or wasn't discussed here at all was I'm fairly certain I saw Fernandez get a few runs out there against PSU this weekend toward the end of the game.
I missed that. That’s good news. I must confess while I was happy with the win I found that game difficult to watch.
Powellfan22

Post by Powellfan22 »

DocBarrister wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 12:13 pm
51percentcorn wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 10:31 am Dordevic has posted on Twitter he has entered the portal. Now I know there are several people on this site that thinks Milliman should be locking this transfer up right about......now. But here's a clue - Syracuse people seem to think he would like a real shot at a ring - if that's true - to Sag A's point earlier - that's not going to happen for Hopkins next year. In addition to the fact he is majoring in communication and visual studies - sounds like Hopkins might see him next year but he could be wearing some shade of Red.
Would very much like to see Dordevic in a Hopkins uniform. Isn’t he graduating from Syracuse this year? He could get an MBA at Carey.

DocBarrister
Pretty sure he doesn’t want to change one losing program for another.
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

Powellfan22 wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 2:33 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 12:13 pm

DocBarrister
Pretty sure he doesn’t want to change one losing program for another.
very sensitive times for the orange faithful these days apparently.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

plenty of that going around... ;)

On a more pleasant note, I'll be at Hopkins all day the next two days, judging start-up business plan competition and Center for Leadership Education bd meeting...nice to get back to in-person!
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

UNC's two-best offensive players (other than Gray, who is out of eligibility) both entered the portal today. Will likely be more once other teams' seasons end. I think this offseason will answer the question of how much PM is into the portal. There's going to to be a ton of talent available and Maryland can't get them all. One hopes. If a couple key guys stay, they bring in an impact transfer or two, and one or two guys in the incoming freshman class pops, things can change quickly. But, as always, all three of those things are up in the air right now. First thing's first...try to give Maryland a game so there's something to build on.

For those interested, Koleton Marquis has 59 pts in 9 games for the defending NJ state champs. He has 156 pts in his last season and a half. Almost an exact even split between goals and assists.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

HopFan16 wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 6:12 pm UNC's two-best offensive players (other than Gray, who is out of eligibility) both entered the portal today. Will likely be more once other teams' seasons end. I think this offseason will answer the question of how much PM is into the portal. There's going to to be a ton of talent available and Maryland can't get them all. One hopes. If a couple key guys stay, they bring in an impact transfer or two, and one or two guys in the incoming freshman class pops, things can change quickly. But, as always, all three of those things are up in the air right now. First thing's first...try to give Maryland a game so there's something to build on.

For those interested, Koleton Marquis has 59 pts in 9 games for the defending NJ state champs. He has 156 pts in his last season and a half. Almost an exact even split between goals and assists.
Any reason the Blue Jays shouldn’t be pursuing Kelly, Solomon, and Dordevic right now?

Any reason not to pursue Handley after Penn finishes their season?

Blue Jays need to get aggressive on the transfer portal.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
Sagittarius A*

Post by Sagittarius A* »

DocBarrister wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 7:28 pm
Any reason the Blue Jays shouldn’t be pursuing Kelly, Solomon, and Dordevic right now?

DocBarrister
The only way Dordevic is coming to Baltimore is if he passes through on his way down I-95.
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

DocBarrister wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 7:28 pm
HopFan16 wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 6:12 pm UNC's two-best offensive players (other than Gray, who is out of eligibility) both entered the portal today. Will likely be more once other teams' seasons end. I think this offseason will answer the question of how much PM is into the portal. There's going to to be a ton of talent available and Maryland can't get them all. One hopes. If a couple key guys stay, they bring in an impact transfer or two, and one or two guys in the incoming freshman class pops, things can change quickly. But, as always, all three of those things are up in the air right now. First thing's first...try to give Maryland a game so there's something to build on.

Any reason not to pursue Handley after Penn finishes their season?

Blue Jays need to get aggressive on the transfer portal.

DocBarrister
how about the guys with remaining eligibility show growth, live up to their potential, sweep this weekend, make the ncaas and want to come back next year so we don't have to blow it up and start all over next fall?

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”