New England West-1 2019

HS Boys Lacrosse
beastboyz99

Re: New England West-1 2019

Post by beastboyz99 »

PrimeTime21, thoughts on tomorrow's game? Would love to hear your opinion as you have seemed to be spot-on with almost every prediction!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

7 PM - Brunswick v. Salisbury... :)
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

admin wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 9:59 am 7 PM - Brunswick v. Salisbury... :)
For you NE West afficianado's, two questions (or three actually):

1. Is this game streamed (and if so, please provide the link!)?

2. Where is it being played?

3. Who will win?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Cosby Field (Brunswick)
Laxxal22

Post by Laxxal22 »

Looks like Brunswick-Salsibury stream will be here: https://locallive.tv/archives/41302
grelch

Post by grelch »

3rdPersonPlural wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 8:52 pm
grelch wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 5:41 pm Salisbury squeaked by Taft 12-11
Well, shoot! I wish I'd have deferred stuff and sat that one through. Taft has the attack to put up numbers, but their D has looked outclassed both on the rope and on the clear (through the games I saw).

Holding 'bury to 12 while scoring 11 means that their D has stiffened and the manage to clear well enough to get the ball to that splendid Attack.

I guess. I didn't see the game.

Any color you can throw up for us, Grelch?
The usual. Not great at FOGO. Some unforced errors. Seemed to take their foot off the gas a bit from the end of the 3rd until the end of the 4th. In the 4th Taft seemed to find a soft spot from behind the cage. They were getting good looks from attacking the goal from behind. Tbh, it was in fact very difficult to watch the game. Instead videoing the entire box the camera was mostly trained up close on wherever the ball was and the picture was moving around like the camera man was in a washing machine.

Imo there's no question that if Salisbury doesn't play at full tilt for the entire game, especially on D, they're going to get beaten. I can see a similar game to 2 seasons ago where Wick were too strong. just hope that the parents from both schools behave themselves.
914laxer

Post by 914laxer »

I think Wick will jump on Bury early in the game as Bury will take a little bit to adjust to the environment and "the moment". Bury is from my point of view the better all around team, at least on paper. Outside of the face-off X where Wick will have a clear advantage. In order to win this game Bury's fogo (Jax Popovich) will have to make the the face-offs a scrum and a ground ball battle, not just get beaten outright. They have 2 very good wings that should dominate the ground ball battle if given the opportunity. Wick is no doubt a good team, but they are not near as good as last years team. (rightfully so). Bury on the other hand is probably just as good as last year.As I noted before the home field advantage is huge, it will definitely be the something that most Salisbury guys have never faced before which could definitely be a problem. If they want to win they will have to play their best game to date as wick will most definitely not beat themselves. Wick will need to dominate the X and have a fluid and cohesive offense that looks disorganized at times in the games I have watched. Luckily I believe that both teams come into this game with healthy squads as opposed to years past. Series definitely known for the rowdy crowds and huge home field advantages that come with the Friday night timing. To win this game as a away team you have to play close to a perfect game. Interested to see if there will be an open bar again and hopefully no parents run on the field this time haha.

Prediction:
Bury gets punched in the nose early on then comeback to win 13-12 in OT in a New England Prep classic for the ages.
beastboyz99

Post by beastboyz99 »

All great points above. Home field advantage is big, no doubt. The game is going to come down to Salisbury's D IMO. I don't really think this game will be close to be quite frank. I think Wick absolutely destroys bury tonight. I know some people may think that's crazy, but, I think Wick really has nothing to lose in this game since they have already lost a game this year and want to seek revenge for that loss. Bury is coming down to Wick and playing on an undefeated season which can be a bit of a mental case more than anything. Like I said, just my personal opinion.
NEWestFan

Post by NEWestFan »

Not so sure about that. 1) WIck has a lot to lose tonight, namely the NE West Championship and 2) WIck is a VERY young team with, for example, two starting Sophomores at Attack. It will be interesting to see how the younger players handle the pressure.
beastboyz99

Post by beastboyz99 »

Agree to some extent. I'd argue that Wick's and Bury's ultimate goal they set at the beginning of the season is the "mythical national championship". And with Wick's loss to Hill, that ultimate goal is very hard to fight back and earn. Hence, if they lose, it's not as big of a deal to them versus if Bury loses, where they lose the "mythical national championship". Obviously, the NE West championship is huge. Also, Wick is indeed very young (much younger than Bury), but they have been doing what they're doing all year long... Don't see what changes today. My claim is just an opinion. But just don't see Wick losing tonight.
914laxer

Post by 914laxer »

beastboyz99 wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 3:33 pm Agree to some extent. I'd argue that Wick's and Bury's ultimate goal they set at the beginning of the season is the "mythical national championship". And with Wick's loss to Hill, that ultimate goal is very hard to fight back and earn. Hence, if they lose, it's not as big of a deal to them versus if Bury loses, where they lose the "mythical national championship". Obviously, the NE West championship is huge. Also, Wick is indeed very young (much younger than Bury), but they have been doing what they're doing all year long... Don't see what changes today. My claim is just an opinion. But just don't see Wick losing tonight.
Agree with that statement but in this years case both teams I think will be attending Gieco, so have a shot at redemption.
PrepLax1142

Post by PrepLax1142 »

914laxer wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 3:43 pm
beastboyz99 wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 3:33 pm Agree to some extent. I'd argue that Wick's and Bury's ultimate goal they set at the beginning of the season is the "mythical national championship". And with Wick's loss to Hill, that ultimate goal is very hard to fight back and earn. Hence, if they lose, it's not as big of a deal to them versus if Bury loses, where they lose the "mythical national championship". Obviously, the NE West championship is huge. Also, Wick is indeed very young (much younger than Bury), but they have been doing what they're doing all year long... Don't see what changes today. My claim is just an opinion. But just don't see Wick losing tonight.
Agree with that statement but in this years case both teams I think will be attending Gieco, so have a shot at redemption.
Wick doesn't play in Geico and most likely never will... schedule conflict with graduation
ABClaxfan

Post by ABClaxfan »

PrepLax1142 wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 3:57 pm
914laxer wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 3:43 pm
Wick doesn't play in Geico and most likely never will... schedule conflict with graduation
They also already did the Geico tourney this year, it wasn’t the same as the past few years no Hill, Culver, MIAA, or NE W-1. It was also more of a showcase than a tournament
PrimeTime21

Post by PrimeTime21 »

beastboyz99 wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 9:50 pm PrimeTime21, thoughts on tomorrow's game? Would love to hear your opinion as you have seemed to be spot-on with almost every prediction!
Yeah. Thanks for the kind words. I mean I know most of the real players in the league and the institutional landscapes.

If Wick wins it will be with an elite goaltending and defensive effort. Not sure they have the roster Bury does.

That said, night game. Alums in town. “Refreshments will be served.” Wick will need this game. Salisbury guys are probably already looking forward to college.

Calling it now 9-8 Wick. Low scoring game
grelch

Post by grelch »

That was the Geico showcase. There is also the Geico National Championship which takes place in a few weeks.

http://geicolax.com/nationals/

Just checked the Wick livestream, and "We’re currently experiencing an issue with our streaming provider. " is what is posted.

Now's not the time for tech glitches LocalLive. Now's not the time
RumorMill

Post by RumorMill »

Yeah! Agree, just went online to bring up the livestream as well! Let's go 'Wick, get your livestream provider squared away ASAP!

Very disappointing! Was looking forward to watching the game on livestream. Hope the twitter accounts are up to speed!
ABClaxfan

Post by ABClaxfan »

Any news on the live stream?
RumorMill

Post by RumorMill »

Still not working! Conspiracy!
grelch

Post by grelch »

2-1 Salisbury after 1. Apparently a fairly sloppy game.
grelch

Post by grelch »

ABClaxfan wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 7:23 pm Any news on the live stream?
Apparently an Amazon server issue. LocalLive is working on it. There is audio at:

http://mixlr.com/robcasting-radio/

Return to “HS BOYS LACROSSE”