Miscellaneous questions, thoughts, impressions, etc.

D1 Womens Lacrosse
wlaxphan20

Re: Miscellaneous questions, thoughts, impressions, etc.

Post by wlaxphan20 »

Dr. Tact wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:27 pm
K. Hoeg comes to mind as well.
You beat me this time :lol:
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

8meterPA wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 2:50 pm
Dr. Tact wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:55 pm
DMac wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:50 pm
seacoaster wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:40 pm Her presence on the field made the game 7 vs. 5.5, so to speak, and created enormous room for the Collinses and the Harris kid. In a sport with flow, you can make a difference without the stats that are so important to the radio jockeys.
This is where the "hockey assist" comes into play too which shows up nowhere in stats.
Mentioned this in the great CN debate as she too gets the D out of whack when she has
the ball....dishes, one more pass, shot. All created by that 7 v 5.5, so to speak.
Having an AA crease/GLE attacker makes an average team good., a good team great. Offenses that run schemes from X and that have that dual threat attacker are extremely hard to stop. Especially if they have soft handed top and elbow dodgers.
ie, "creasebeast" see Rosenzweig sisters, Ohlmiller as well.
See also Ortega, very good elbow dodger.

In fact, since I had time on my hands today as well was looking at overall NCAA points leaders
2022 should be an interesting race to see which player ends their career top in points. North and Ortega about even in total goals, Ortega ahead by about 40 points. I dont think there is anyone actively playing who is close in overall points...Rosensweig?
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

wlaxphan20 wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:28 pm
Yes! Aly Messinger too. She was so fun to watch. Very smooth stick skills, deceptive, and a fatally quick first step. Kayla Treanor, Halle Majorana, Katrina Dowd, Katie Hoeg...the list goes on.
Messinger was great but Treanor imo the best.
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

Hoeg terrific behind X
OuttaNowhereWregget

Still on Navy

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

I never thought of Navy as having a Big Three. But you guys are right – that’s exactly what they had for those two years. Plus as wlaxphan said, they also had a good supporting cast—one of whom was another personal favorite player of mine—Andie O’Sullivan.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

Laxfan500 wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:33 pm
Yes! Aly Messinger too. She was so fun to watch. Very smooth stick skills, deceptive, and a fatally quick first step. Kayla Treanor, Halle Majorana, Katrina Dowd, Katie Hoeg...the list goes on.
Messinger was great but Treanor imo the best.
K-Train.... It was a really good nick name. You couldn't stop that train when she started to crease roll
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

Ditto - I should have said a few that quickly came to mind but Hoeg dominated at X and was one of the best feeders in her time...and for the casual/wikipedia/sports radio fan, feeder doesn't equate to assists.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Dr. Tact wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:22 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 2:37 pm
Too bad you feel like that. That's precisely what I was trying not to do. A guy can't win for losing around here. If I bail on the discussion you say I can't take the heat. If I stay and debate--now I'm trying to get your goat. A guy like wlaxphan stays in there with me and he doesn't effect a condescending tone and I learn from him because he's patient to explain things. You guys ought to try it, then maybe our discussions would improve.
You weren't debating, you were shouting (w/o caps) that your opinion on the Collins twins didnt have room for a Larkin explanation. I have actually been one of the folks on this site who until now, havent beat you up publicly. You seem to still be chafed about my John Sung comments. I dont have time for your "expert analysis" that grabs the low hanging fruit (stats, pictures and videos) that makes you feel knowledgeable and in the in-crowd.

ONW, you have been told by many people that you are abrasive and talk (post) to hear yourself talk. I dont need your agreement with me, I dont need your approval of me, I dont need your comment on my daughter or her team "Choking" or being "Massacred", I dont need your snippy answers that you of course fact check to convince me of your argument. I DONT NEED YOU. Sorry that you dont have the self understanding/awareness of what you type. A suggestion, how about reading what you type a few times before you post and think if you are provoking or being controversial.

I am sorry that you feel you cant win for losing...I just dont know what to say that others havent already beat to death.
So if you and others are so convinced that you have me and all my ulterior motives figured out--why do you continue to engage me? Why do I even warrant the time it takes to type responses--yours or anyone else's? I can't for the life of me figure that out. Why not just ignore me? It would be better for all of us--I'm sure. I wrote that post about Navy this morning not in response to anyone or anything. Yet you engaged me on it, and it turned into this. You say my act is so well known on these boards, so why do you and others even bother to respond to my posts? Makes no sense to me.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Dr. Tact wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:22 pm I dont need your comment on my daughter or her team "Choking" or being "Massacred"
And just to clear my name of this slanderous charge, I have never said anything negative about your daughter on these boards—not ever and you know it. In fact the total opposite is true. And I apologized to you and others over a month ago during my well deserved time in the “sin bin” for my hurtful remarks regarding the Loyola/Syracuse game.

viewtopic.php?p=279710#p279710
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:07 am
Dr. Tact wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:22 pm I dont need your comment on my daughter or her team "Choking" or being "Massacred"
And just to clear my name of this slanderous charge, I have never said anything negative about your daughter on these boards—not ever and you know it. In fact the total opposite is true. And I apologized to you and others over a month ago during my well deserved time in the “sin bin” for my hurtful remarks regarding the Loyola/Syracuse game.

viewtopic.php?p=279710#p279710
You are correct. Feel vindicated. I got on a roll and the comments in red were not truthful.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Thank you. I appreciate that. And I have no idea what part of the yard the hatchet is buried in. Clean slate.
@inthe8m

Post by @inthe8m »

Dr. Tact wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:55 pm
DMac wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:50 pm
seacoaster wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:40 pm Her presence on the field made the game 7 vs. 5.5, so to speak, and created enormous room for the Collinses and the Harris kid. In a sport with flow, you can make a difference without the stats that are so important to the radio jockeys.
This is where the "hockey assist" comes into play too which shows up nowhere in stats.
Mentioned this in the great CN debate as she too gets the D out of whack when she has
the ball....dishes, one more pass, shot. All created by that 7 v 5.5, so to speak.
Having an AA crease/GLE attacker makes an average team good., a good team great. Offenses that run schemes from X and that have that dual threat attacker are extremely hard to stop. Especially if they have soft handed top and elbow dodgers.
You had me at "hello" ... I will add that great feeders often set other players up for FPSs and that certainly does not show up on the stat sheet.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Okay, this one goes wayyyy out there on the miscellaneous side.
For you Bloody Mary drinkers out there who have a couple/few cherry tomato plants growing in your garden(s) and are suddenly overrun with the little red tasty treats (although not as tasty as the grape tomatoes, of which I'm closing in on a couple thousand of), put 'em in little baggies and freeze them. They freeze like rocks which you can use for ice cubes in your Bloody Mary. I know, I know, this is very imaginative and just short of genius. If entertaining and serving those to your guests I'd be surprised if you didn't get a, "very cool, have never seen that before" comment. Tip for ya, if you start getting full from eating too many of the Bloody Mary marinated tomatoes, switch to Club Soda. I'd go with a twist of lime with that but suit yourself.
You're welcome.
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

DMac wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:08 pm Okay, this one goes wayyyy out there on the miscellaneous side.
For you Bloody Mary drinkers out there who have a couple/few cherry tomato plants growing in your garden(s) and are suddenly overrun with the little red tasty treats (although not as tasty as the grape tomatoes, of which I'm closing in on a couple thousand of), put 'em in little baggies and freeze them. They freeze like rocks which you can use for ice cubes in your Bloody Mary. I know, I know, this is very imaginative and just short of genius. If entertaining and serving those to your guests I'd be surprised if you didn't get a, "very cool, have never seen that before" comment. Tip for ya, if you start getting full from eating too many of the Bloody Mary marinated tomatoes, switch to Club Soda. I'd go with a twist of lime with that but suit yourself.
You're welcome.
so is it vodka and frozen tomatoes or vodka, bloody mary mix and frozen tomatoes? What about celery ice cubes? olive ice cubes?
DMac

Post by DMac »

Disclaimer, I'm not a liquor drinker. I learned many decades back that when I don't drink liquor no cops show up and there's no trouble. When I do, well, it's a bit of a different picture. Don't know anything about mixing drinks but I would think you'd go with the Bloody Mary mix and do everything the same as you normally would but just use the frozen tomatoes rather than ice cubes. Then again, there are no rules so whatever strikes your fancy, give it a shot (no pun intended there).
OuttaNowhereWregget

“Big news coming this afternoon... ”

UMass just posted this on Twitter. Any guesses?

https://twitter.com/umasslacrosse/statu ... 10533?s=21
OuttaNowhereWregget

Who needs cable TV or Netflix for compelling reality shows? Plenty to choose from right here.
OuttaNowhereWregget

A Living Legend coaches her charges...

Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:17 am “Big news coming this afternoon... ”

Hailey Connaughton - The 2021 Atlantic 10 Co-Offensive Player of the Year is BACK for a fifth season.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Brownlax wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:31 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:17 am “Big news coming this afternoon... ”

Hailey Connaughton - The 2021 Atlantic 10 Co-Offensive Player of the Year is BACK for a fifth season.
Do you consider the Minutewomen the favorites to win the A10 in ‘22?

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”