Loyola University Lacrosse 2020

D1 Mens Lacrosse
ohmilax34

Re: Loyola University Lacrosse 2020

Post by ohmilax34 »

I don't think that is their final rankings. I think that's been available on their website for many months.
thatsmell

Post by thatsmell »

Liam Powderly is still uncommitted, so Loyola could still "blow it" by landing him.

:lol:
I never knew no Godfather. I got my own family, Senator."
thatsmell

Post by thatsmell »

Fall Scrimmage date for the Hounds-
Sat Oct 12
Villanova vs. Loyola @ Ridley 1200 hours.
I never knew no Godfather. I got my own family, Senator."
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:13 pm Congrats to Loyola for having zero players on Ty Zander's Top 100 of the class of 2019 players list!
Quite a remarkable feat and it undoubtedly bodes well for their future.

Geez, I like Ty and all, but seriously, the dude is wayyyyyyyyyy off here, missing Pacheco, Kamish, Griffin, Taylor, Teitelebaum, VandenHeuvel, and Poitras, among others... Loyola always gets the shaft when it comes to respect, then we go out and beat everyone. SMDH.

BTW, if I see Shellenberger at #1 on one more list... Robert Schain of Bullis was a more feared player when they palyed in the same HS league, and Schain on that list is at #28.

Anyhoo, let the scoreboard talk, fellas. D1 Natty gold coming soon to the RAC.
ohmilax34

Post by ohmilax34 »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:00 am
kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:13 pm Congrats to Loyola for having zero players on Ty Zander's Top 100 of the class of 2019 players list!

Geez, I like Ty and all, but seriously, the dude is wayyyyyyyyyy off here, missing Pacheco, Kamish, Griffin, Taylor, Teitelebaum, VandenHeuvel, and Poitras, among others... Loyola always gets the shaft when it comes to respect, then we go out and beat everyone. SMDH.

BTW, if I see Shellenberger at #1 on one more list... Robert Schain of Bullis was a more feared player when they palyed in the same HS league, and Schain on that list is at #28.

I bet a Loyola player or two makes the final top 100. And what about the Ohio kid Petr?
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

ohmilax34 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:32 am

I bet a Loyola player or two makes the final top 100. And what about the Ohio kid Petr?

Who is that (Petr)?

Ohio State has become Calvert Hall West, unless you're a Kelly then you head to Chapel Hill.
ohmilax34

Post by ohmilax34 »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:45 am

Who is that (Petr)?

Ohio State has become Calvert Hall West, unless you're a Kelly then you head to Chapel Hill.
You’re Petr. Or Peter. This is the Ohio kid. https://www.uslaxmagazine.com/high-scho ... f-the-year
luvlaxlife

Post by luvlaxlife »

Anyone know when the 2019 IL recruiting issue is going to drop?
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

ohmilax34 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:54 am

Who is that (Petr)?

You’re Petr. Or Peter. This is the Ohio kid. https://www.uslaxmagazine.com/high-scho ... f-the-year

Ahhhh...I'm not swift in the early morning hours! Apologies.

And you are spot-on correct...James is a total D1 beast. I'm telling you good people, and especially you bad people at Inside Lacrosse, Loyola's freshmen class this year is the best in the country and the scoreboard will prove me right. Just watch these young Hounds get at it come February 1... Watch and weep, to those who overlooked every last one of them.

('but you lost Spencer and Stover and bahwahawahabawaha...' :( Gtfoh with that simplistic analysis!! Our team will absolutely kill this year; may take a few games to wrinkle out rhythm, but once we do, watch out!).
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

ohmilax34 wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:41 pmI don't think that is their final rankings. I think that's been available on their website for many months.
You can find a more current list that's better updated and more dynamic but, from where I'm sitting... It's not as good, not as reliable.
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

this is playful sarcasm right?? unfortunately we don't get the top recruits every single year which frustrates me beyond belief
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:28 am
ohmilax34 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:54 am

Who is that (Petr)?

Ahhhh...I'm not swift in the early morning hours! Apologies.

And you are spot-on correct...James is a total D1 beast. I'm telling you good people, and especially you bad people at Inside Lacrosse, Loyola's freshmen class this year is the best in the country and the scoreboard will prove me right. Just watch these young Hounds get at it come February 1... Watch and weep, to those who overlooked every last one of them.

('but you lost Spencer and Stover and bahwahawahabawaha...' :( Gtfoh with that simplistic analysis!! Our team will absolutely kill this year; may take a few games to wrinkle out rhythm, but once we do, watch out!).
honest question do you see Loyola taking a couple losses in 2020 before things start to eventually gel? i'd love to pick your brain and see which teams you think will result in wins vs losses for the 2020 schedule
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

admin wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:16 am
ohmilax34 wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:41 pmI don't think that is their final rankings. I think that's been available on their website for many months.
You can find a more current list that's better updated and more dynamic but, from where I'm sitting... It's not as good, not as reliable.
i queried Loyola into their search bar for this list and only Pacheco, Kamish, James came up. But if you look at the class rankings, James isn't even given a single star but hes the best recruit in the loyola 2019 recruiting class. They're also missing Najee Taylor on the class rankings too. Teitelbaum is given 4 stars but not even an overall rated number.

The star count for 2019 and the 2020 class if off. I'm also struggling to understand how Lehigh outrecruited us.....
Last edited by houndace1 on Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
NovaHound

Post by NovaHound »

Ok - read the article on Evan James. So he's a basketball player too?? And how does that translate to lacrosse? I think the recent #7 experience has shown it pays off pretty well. :lol:

I think Loyola has a good incoming class based upon the bio's I reviewed and the Highlights I watched. Of course we'll need to see how highlights compare when they compete against other eqaully good players.

And I agree with Peter Brown - Hounds may start slow but once they find their rythym watch out.

Can't wait to get back up to the RAC and watch! ;)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Houndace, i think it has to do with numbers. When there's a large amount of data (from disparate sources), the information can be sloppy. But when Ty puts pen to paper and says, These are my Top 100, for obvious reasons, the list is cleaner.
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

admin wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:52 am Houndace, i think it has to do with numbers. When there's a large amount of data (from disparate sources), the information can be sloppy. But when Ty puts pen to paper and says, These are my Top 100, for obvious reasons, the list is cleaner.

ah, and Ty with the help of IL, also releases the final top recruiting classes as well in a couple of weeks correct? By then, every star/rating should be fleshed out
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

houndace1 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:27 am

this is playful sarcasm right?? unfortunately we don't get the top recruits every single year which frustrates me beyond belief

We get the 'top' recruits fine. It's Inside Lacrosse that misses the mark here.

You shall see.
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:37 pm
houndace1 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:27 am

We get the 'top' recruits fine. It's Inside Lacrosse that misses the mark here.

You shall see.
as an accountant, i believe in numbers and what story or end result they can tell - what can i say?

PB, does each coach at their respective school have a certain way they recruit? i've seen on twitter that they look for certain attributes/types of athletes and students but i've always wondered what they mean by this
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

houndace1 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:29 am honest question do you see Loyola taking a couple losses in 2020 before things start to eventually gel? i'd love to pick your brain and see which teams you think will result in wins vs losses for the 2020 schedule

I think this year's Hounds will take 3-5 of the February/March games to figure out rhythms on both sides of the field. Once we do, watch out; I wouldn't trade our team for any other in the US. I know Charley T agrees.

Our defense will be stellar beyond belief. I think G-town's Brandau missed out on choosing where to be a GK; he could have had the best defense in D1 in front of him for at least 2 years. Not to mention a significantly improved FOGO situation. Whoever gets the nod in goal will need to prove themselves early though, so let's see how well we deny shooters. UVA will be a fun early test, as they have the shooters.

Our offense, I repeat myself for the billionth time, will be as good as the Spencer-led offense, but for different reasons and better reasons too. You will see Lindley become a D1 1st team AA this year...watch. Olmstead will fight for that spot on AA as well. We will get the ball on offense so much more this year; Bailey and the two newcomers will excel at FO. Win the ball, win the game; Yale has proven that a FOGO-capable team (without a tremendous offense) will be there in the end.

Our freshmen are VERY talented, providing needed legs, energy, and optimism. And for those doubters and haters out there, don't forget to come back here and apologize when we're playing on Memorial Day 2020.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

houndace1 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:43 pmPB, does each coach at their respective school have a certain way they recruit? i've seen on twitter that they look for certain attributes/types of athletes and students but i've always wondered what they mean by this
I heard somewhere that Coach Danowski likes pedigrees. e.g. Players with fathers who were professional athletes. Thoroughbred horse stuff.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”