January 6, 2021: Insurrection or “normal tourist” visitation?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
old salt

Re: January 6, 2021: Insurrection or “normal tourist” visitation?

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 9:34 pm
old salt wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 9:12 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 8:30 pm
a fan wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:32 pm
old salt wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:21 pm
a fan wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:10 pm
old salt wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:00 pm
a fan wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:55 pm It's like TrumpFans with their "the election was fixed". EVERYONE knows they wouldn't be making this complaint had Trump won.

So the 2016 election? Oh, that was fine: Trump won. But 2020? OBVIOUSLY that election was fixed. Toddler logic.
Yeah. The election rules in 2020 were the same as in 2016. Nothing was changed because of the pandemic.
:lol: ....right on cue, our card-carrying Deep Stater. How's that Durham doing, OS? Any day now, he'll prove that your boys didn't commit multiple Felonies, and you'll get your wish of having Putin's man inside the White House in Manafort.

Gee, can anyone here figure out why Old Salt thinks that 2020 was "bad"? Boy. This is really hard to figure out.
https://www.inquirer.com/politics/penns ... 11015.html

https://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/loc ... g/3138308/
:lol: :lol: :lol: But 2016 was flawless. Because of course it was.

Protip: whine when your guy wins. Then people will actually believe you.

How many Republicans won elections all over the nation-----hundred of elections, in every City, County, and State. Did ONE of them refuse to take their seat because of your claim that "the 2020 election was bad".

Nope. Because TrumpFans are too freaking stupid to do that. Because if the ballots are 'wrong" ALL OF THEM ARE WRONG, you morons, not just the "Trumpy lost" part of millions of ballots.

Sell it somewhere else. Republican voters think you're making perfect sense. You deserve each other.
I talked to John Gomes and Joe Ganim last month….😂😂😂 Old Fool using the Bridgeport election as evidence that the 2020 election was rampant with fraud…. Where was he when those republicans were arrested for Voter fraud in local jurisdictions?
They all prove how easy it is to commit voter fraud using unsolicited no excuse mail in ballots, without voter ID, harvested & submitted via drop boxes, just like Jimmy Carter & James Baker warned it would be. The GOP is late to the game.
This is good enough for me…..

https://apnews.com/article/f5f6a73b2af5 ... b35e82c18d
...& it's no longer worth the effort to arrest shoplifters.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 9:37 pm
a fan wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:55 pm It's like TrumpFans with their "the election was fixed". EVERYONE knows they wouldn't be making this complaint had Trump won.

So the 2016 election? Oh, that was fine: Trump won. But 2020? OBVIOUSLY that election was fixed. Toddler logic.
Yeah. The election rules in 2020 were the same as in 2016. Nothing was changed because of the pandemic.
:lol: ....right on cue, our card-carrying Deep Stater. How's that Durham doing, OS? Any day now, he'll prove that your boys didn't commit multiple Felonies, and you'll get your wish of having Putin's man inside the White House in Manafort.

Gee, can anyone here figure out why Old Salt thinks that 2020 was "bad"? Boy. This is really hard to figure out.

How many Republicans won elections all over the nation-----hundred of elections, in every City, County, and State. Did ONE of them refuse to take their seat because of your claim that "the 2020 election was bad".

Nope. Because TrumpFans are too freaking stupid to do that. Because if the ballots are 'wrong" ALL OF THEM ARE WRONG, you morons, not just the "Trumpy lost" part of millions of ballots.

Sell it somewhere else. Republican voters think you're making perfect sense. You deserve each other.
I talked to John Gomes and Joe Ganim last month….😂😂😂 Old Fool using the Bridgeport election as evidence that the 2020 election was rampant with fraud…. Where was he when those republicans were arrested for Voter fraud in local jurisdictions?
They all prove how easy it is to commit voter fraud using unsolicited no excuse mail in ballots, without voter ID, harvested & submitted via drop boxes, just like Jimmy Carter & James Baker warned it would be. The GOP is late to the game.

:lol: :lol: :lol: You sound stupid.
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 9:12 pm They all prove how easy it is to commit voter fraud using unsolicited no excuse mail in ballots, without voter ID, harvested & submitted via drop boxes, just like Jimmy Carter & James Baker warned it would be. The GOP is late to the game.
Yeah. And as I asked you YEARS ago: if this is such a big deal, why doesn't your team shut down mail in ballots?

Oh, that's right. You're just making up excuses for losing.

Years of these complaints, and your team does NOTHING. It's like all your fake complaints: if you REALLY cared, you'd get off your *sses and do something about it in Republican-run States.

Gee whiz golly, OS, how come none of them are doing that?

Could it possibly be that our elections are running well, and your Republican leaders know that, yet want to keep you chumps voting for them?
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 9:37 pm

That's right. We can't let non-white Republicans break laws. Only you guys get to break laws, and have Republican voters make excuses as to why it's sooooo cool to break laws.

I heard from the internet that the Deep State and the FBI tricked these shoplifters into doing it. You should get your man Durham on this.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 9:53 pm
Not possible. Old Salt, sitting in his home on the East Coast, told us that they don't arrest shoplifters.

Oh, I get it now: the man is a Republican. That's why the libs conspired to arrest him. We should get Giuliani to get him bail.

After all, we can't possibly hold Republicans accountable, now can we?
old salt

Post by old salt »

Yeah. The ExcuseMan cometh. That's why the shelves are empty & the products are locked up behind glass. Have a Bud Light.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:47 pm
Yeah. The ExcuseMan cometh. That's why the shelves are empty & the products are locked up behind glass. Have a Bud Light.
I am not making an excuse for thieves. Just providing some hard data. Hopefully it gets better. Pharmacies in my town don’t have stuff locked up.
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:30 am
I am not making an excuse for thieves. Just providing some hard data. Hopefully it gets better. Pharmacies in my town don’t have stuff locked up.
Why not?
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:46 am
Why not?
God has blessed people here.
“I wish you would!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Those pharmacies that have not gone out of business yet are keeping them locked up where I live. The local investigative reporters just covered the issue last week here in Rochester. For some reason socks and underwear are very popular now with shoplifters. There is a Walgreens not far from where I live that my wife and I frequent. The folks that work there will tell you that shoplifting in their store has been out of control for months. When the store is no longer profitable for Walgreens they will shut it down. They have already done so to several stores where we live. Then the people in the communities they serve complain about living in a prescription desert. :roll: I normally get any prescriptions at our local Wegmans. There is no shortage of "asset protection people" all over the store. Of course Danny Wegman knows he can't afford not to try and protect his merchandise. You can't walk 2 steps in any direction in his stores without being caught on a camera.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Doesn’t matter they’ve fashioned their own reality. Nothing that others experience is real or you’re just delusional and wrong. That’s how this works in those polluted minds.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:28 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:11 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:05 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:00 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:53 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 3:59 pm
a fan wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 2:14 pm
Kismet wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 1:28 pm
a fan wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 1:23 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 8:58 am Interesting thread, as you follow along in the video surveillance footage: https://x.com/VivekGRamaswamy/status/17 ... 93145?s=20
Sigh. So once again, we're supposed to take the claims made of this footage....that what you are seeing is factual?

So.....zero lessons learned from Covington Catholic? That's what you and these X posters are telling us.

They CLAIM this is what is happening in the videos-----"therefore" these are facts?
We're all DOOMED if we cannot agree what generally occurred on January 6, 2021. :oops:
If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck IT IS A DUCK!!!!!!!!

Vivek is just a younger version of lying Orange Fatso spewing the same garbage daily to all the suckers who believe all the sh*t they're shoveling. :oops:
I've said it before.....this is the self-awareness test that lets you know if your conspiracy theories are real or not:

Can you name a conspiracy theory that explains an outcome or person that you actually like?

In other words, if you're a Trump fan, do you believe in a conspiracy theory that involved Trump doing something bad?

Or if you love Obama, do you believe in any conspiracies that involve Obama doing something bad or evil?

Every. Single. One. of these conspiracy theories "coincidentally' align with TeamTinFoil's world views. That you can lack the self-awareness to figure this out is beyond me.

Do anti-vaxxers have ANY conspiracy theories that run counter to their views? So something like "the media is hiding just how effective vaccines are". Or does every single one of their theories align with what they think reality is? NONE of the theories run counter to your views? Gee, what a coincidence.

The parallel is to "if you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room"......."if all your conspiracy theories comport with your worldviews, you have the wrong conspiracy theories." Or better yet: don't have any of these stupid conspiracy theories, and act like a grown up and explain world events simply, and rationally.

Watching right wingers fall all over themselves to tell us Jan 6th was just another day at the office is just painful. Doubly so as these same people whine about the recent rash smash-and-grab crimes in cities. When Republicans break laws, it's no big deal, and let me tell you why it's not big deal.....but if anyone else dares break laws and steals a pair of sneakers? Oh, you should lock them up forever, but not before pulling them out to the yard, and shooting them.
Back up the bus there old sod. IMO all Americans of all political persuasions are deeply troubled by the horrific rash of smash and grabs. They are the reason people living in Urban areas are finding "Out of Business " signs were Walgreens, Rite Aid and CVS use to be. If you want to buy a pair of socks in many stores they are now behind lock and key. Your trying to make this a political whammy against Republicans. It is a societal problem that effects each and every American in a bad way. It hurts us all as citizens and it is a trend that keeps growing larger everyday. It is a troubling indicator that is telling us what direction our country is heading. Is anybody paying attention? I don't think so.
Nonsense, everything is the republicans fault and every post from social media, even from a presidential candidate indicates belief in a singular point made in that tweet. If you noticed, nothing in those threads implied trump was free and clear, but rest assured that’s how it will be conveyed around here. Ironically, they’ll go 1000 layers deep on something they want others to acknowledge, but rarely give anyone else’s posts a hot minute of consideration, especially if there is a remote chance it cuts the grain of what has been presented to them by those they consider convincingly omniscient in the mainstream media of their liking.

They want to play judge, jury, and executioner, while blindly following the pack.

All you have to do is watch the continual replies of discounting everything, zero acknowledgment of remote possibility in the singular item, slander and judge the person in the media, then make sure to throw shade where possible.

I really like the one that my algorithm presents me with tweets from a presidential candidate that I follow, rather than something more important like….who the fhuk knows. 😂😂 maybe, instead of telling me who I shouldn’t follow, they could recommend who I could follow to be sure my algorithm matches theirs….you know, like a good dictator would want. 😉 😂😂

Carry on ….
In an adult conversation most people accept that remote possibilities occur but they aren’t worth discussing further or even really acknowledging due to the very definition of “remote possibility”. There’s limited value in playing that out unless there’s another goal such as convincing others of another agenda or idea.

Nobody wastes time on remote possibilities in day to day life. You don’t do it in your job. And even mentioning remote possibility without discussing the severity of outcome is irrelevant. So it’s just a fishing expedition that doesn’t move a community discourse forward in any value added way.

That’s for nothing to do with judging, omniscience etc. it’s a stupid waste to go down rabbit holes absent any discussion of cost/consequence/outcome, even attempting to provide one’s own analysis and adjudication of the cause and prescribe your preferred best path to solve the situation. You dont Provide any of that but toss this out there like lobbing bombs and then do the innocent bunny rabbit thing. But it’s obviously tossing bombs while laying claims to innocence. I get it, I like to throw a cocktail into a room and see the dancing but to not admit your doing it is a bit dishonest.
Not true….details matter, immensely. I must consider as many possibilities as I can in my line of work. To think otherwise, proves my point.
It doesn’t prove anything actually. I use highly detailed information every day that can have catastrophic consequences if wrong (bank failures, taxpayer bailouts, etc). Considering a spectrum of outcomes doesn’t mean spending sum time evaluating each one. That’s silly. I simply know better than to be live you equally distribute your time to all potential possibilities. That’s a lot of you’re telling me that and I’ve seen engineering services business quite closely. Was hanging out with the executives of the in laws one two weeks ago.

Your comment about proving my point is bs. Maybe you can run game on others but don’t pull that with me. You didn’t prove anything. If anyone spent equal time more than T=0 on all possibilities they’d be frozen in paralysis and never get anything done. All tossing too many variables into things including deeply improbable is to corrupt the execution of the productive path or process and nothing more. That’s what’s happening with these posts, it’s like corrrupting a LLM.
It’s okay to not understand how I process and weigh decision making on a daily basis.I would not even consider questioning yours. Just because one entertains a modicum of outcomes, does not mean one is frozen with indecision.

Read my last post to afan….maybe it’ll make more sense. Rather than assuming.
That’s not the case you are assuming something here. You said what I said wasn’t true well I know many folks in your industry that do this. So your claim is as wrong was incorrect unless you think your mind and way is the only way. I can’t imagine you’d be claiming that though.

I didn’t prove your point that’s a lame way to make oneself feel better. The distribution of time spent on decisioning is never equal. And what you out here is wildly asymmetrically skewed it’s hard evidence. You are overwriting certain things and then claiming reality of consideration and that’s not trues. It’s just not. We see it everyday at here.

Going to @you are reading my mind” as a response is weak.

Considering all possibilities (in my line of work which I happen to be familiar with btw unlike some of these cats you can pull that on, especially now that I’m a shareholder I’m up in the Chairman and CFOs a** all the time, they’ve come to loathe me being around from formerly coming to me for advice)
Does not mean considering them equally and we have evidence of what you rodent here and it’s so heavily weighted in one way as to inform that you don’t value how you spend your time considering each equally.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Why not?
Because they don’t feel the need. That simple. If they did they would.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:56 am
Why not?
Nah that’s cape cod not Fairfield Co.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 9:51 am
youthathletics wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 8:58 am Interesting thread, as you follow along in the video surveillance footage: https://x.com/VivekGRamaswamy/status/17 ... 93145?s=20
Sigh. So once again, we're supposed to take the claims made of this footage....that what you are seeing is factual?

So.....zero lessons learned from Covington Catholic? That's what you and these X posters are telling us.

They CLAIM this is what is happening in the videos-----"therefore" these are facts?
We're all DOOMED if we cannot agree what generally occurred on January 6, 2021. :oops:

Vivek is just a younger version of lying Orange Fatso spewing the same garbage daily to all the suckers who believe all the sh*t they're shoveling. :oops:
I've said it before.....this is the self-awareness test that lets you know if your conspiracy theories are real or not:

Can you name a conspiracy theory that explains an outcome or person that you actually like?

In other words, if you're a Trump fan, do you believe in a conspiracy theory that involved Trump doing something bad?

Or if you love Obama, do you believe in any conspiracies that involve Obama doing something bad or evil?

Every. Single. One. of these conspiracy theories "coincidentally' align with TeamTinFoil's world views. That you can lack the self-awareness to figure this out is beyond me.

Do anti-vaxxers have ANY conspiracy theories that run counter to their views? So something like "the media is hiding just how effective vaccines are". Or does every single one of their theories align with what they think reality is? NONE of the theories run counter to your views? Gee, what a coincidence.

The parallel is to "if you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room"......."if all your conspiracy theories comport with your worldviews, you have the wrong conspiracy theories." Or better yet: don't have any of these stupid conspiracy theories, and act like a grown up and explain world events simply, and rationally.

Watching right wingers fall all over themselves to tell us Jan 6th was just another day at the office is just painful. Doubly so as these same people whine about the recent rash smash-and-grab crimes in cities. When Republicans break laws, it's no big deal, and let me tell you why it's not big deal.....but if anyone else dares break laws and steals a pair of sneakers? Oh, you should lock them up forever, but not before pulling them out to the yard, and shooting them.
Back up the bus there old sod. IMO all Americans of all political persuasions are deeply troubled by the horrific rash of smash and grabs. They are the reason people living in Urban areas are finding "Out of Business " signs were Walgreens, Rite Aid and CVS use to be. If you want to buy a pair of socks in many stores they are now behind lock and key. Your trying to make this a political whammy against Republicans. It is a societal problem that effects each and every American in a bad way. It hurts us all as citizens and it is a trend that keeps growing larger everyday. It is a troubling indicator that is telling us what direction our country is heading. Is anybody paying attention? I don't think so.
Nonsense, everything is the republicans fault and every post from social media, even from a presidential candidate indicates belief in a singular point made in that tweet. If you noticed, nothing in those threads implied trump was free and clear, but rest assured that’s how it will be conveyed around here. Ironically, they’ll go 1000 layers deep on something they want others to acknowledge, but rarely give anyone else’s posts a hot minute of consideration, especially if there is a remote chance it cuts the grain of what has been presented to them by those they consider convincingly omniscient in the mainstream media of their liking.

They want to play judge, jury, and executioner, while blindly following the pack.

All you have to do is watch the continual replies of discounting everything, zero acknowledgment of remote possibility in the singular item, slander and judge the person in the media, then make sure to throw shade where possible.

I really like the one that my algorithm presents me with tweets from a presidential candidate that I follow, rather than something more important like….who the fhuk knows. 😂😂 maybe, instead of telling me who I shouldn’t follow, they could recommend who I could follow to be sure my algorithm matches theirs….you know, like a good dictator would want. 😉 😂😂

Carry on ….
In an adult conversation most people accept that remote possibilities occur but they aren’t worth discussing further or even really acknowledging due to the very definition of “remote possibility”. There’s limited value in playing that out unless there’s another goal such as convincing others of another agenda or idea.

Nobody wastes time on remote possibilities in day to day life. You don’t do it in your job. And even mentioning remote possibility without discussing the severity of outcome is irrelevant. So it’s just a fishing expedition that doesn’t move a community discourse forward in any value added way.

That’s for nothing to do with judging, omniscience etc. it’s a stupid waste to go down rabbit holes absent any discussion of cost/consequence/outcome, even attempting to provide one’s own analysis and adjudication of the cause and prescribe your preferred best path to solve the situation. You dont Provide any of that but toss this out there like lobbing bombs and then do the innocent bunny rabbit thing. But it’s obviously tossing bombs while laying claims to innocence. I get it, I like to throw a cocktail into a room and see the dancing but to not admit your doing it is a bit dishonest.
Not true….details matter, immensely. I must consider as many possibilities as I can in my line of work. To think otherwise, proves my point.
It doesn’t prove anything actually. I use highly detailed information every day that can have catastrophic consequences if wrong (bank failures, taxpayer bailouts, etc). Considering a spectrum of outcomes doesn’t mean spending sum time evaluating each one. That’s silly. I simply know better than to be live you equally distribute your time to all potential possibilities. That’s a lot of you’re telling me that and I’ve seen engineering services business quite closely. Was hanging out with the executives of the in laws one two weeks ago.

Your comment about proving my point is bs. Maybe you can run game on others but don’t pull that with me. You didn’t prove anything. If anyone spent equal time more than T=0 on all possibilities they’d be frozen in paralysis and never get anything done. All tossing too many variables into things including deeply improbable is to corrupt the execution of the productive path or process and nothing more. That’s what’s happening with these posts, it’s like corrrupting a LLM.
It’s okay to not understand how I process and weigh decision making on a daily basis.I would not even consider questioning yours. Just because one entertains a modicum of outcomes, does not mean one is frozen with indecision.

That’s not the case you are assuming something here. You said what I said wasn’t true well I know many folks in your industry that do this. So your claim is as wrong was incorrect unless you think your mind and way is the only way. I can’t imagine you’d be claiming that though.

I didn’t prove your point that’s a lame way to make oneself feel better. The distribution of time spent on decisioning is never equal. And what you out here is wildly asymmetrically skewed it’s hard evidence. You are overwriting certain things and then claiming reality of consideration and that’s not trues. It’s just not. We see it everyday at here.

Considering all possibilities (in my line of work which I happen to be familiar with btw unlike some of these cats you can pull that on, especially now that I’m a shareholder I’m up in the Chairman and CFOs a** all the time, they’ve come to loathe me being around from formerly coming to me for advice)
Does not mean considering them equally and we have evidence of what you rodent here and it’s so heavily weighted in one way as to inform that you don’t value how you spend your time considering each equally.
Have a great Sunday
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 9:55 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:56 am
Why not?
Nah that’s cape cod not Fairfield Co.
Nantucket
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:03 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 9:51 am

Carry on ….

Have a great Sunday
Nope families all sick. Daughter acting like a civil war very who had to have both her legs ripped off by horses to survive.

But hope you do better today. I stand by my position which isn’t picking a fight but I do agree with the more rapid/forward folks here in the belief that you’re lobbing bombs that are one sided and awful light on fact, detail as well as super highly curated and seeming to hope to move the needle or shape things around it. You’re not teaching me about how social media works here or anything. It’s always one sided which is fine and it’s often completely untrue and has the potential to cause massive damage if it were further amplified and caught enough attention by low information low effort people.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Return to “POLITICS”