Trump's Russian Collusion

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
cradleandshoot

Re: The Mueller Report and Impeachment

Post by cradleandshoot »

Dis... glad to see you back posting here. The air was starting to become way too clean again.. we needed a little bit of FLP stench to even things out. ;) My granddaughter should be along any minute now. I plan on heading to Lansdale in the near future. I just wanted to warn you for your own good. :D
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

Trump re-tweet
“I completely read the entire Mueller Report, and do you know what I concluded after reading both Volume 1 and Volume 2? There is no there there. NO THERE THERE! We completely wasted everybody’s time and taxpayer’s money.” @trish_regan
Getting insights from a beauty queen history major who can sing.
Regan was born in New Hampshire on December 13, 1972. She attended high school at Phillips Exeter Academy. She was Miss New Hampshire and represented her home state in the Miss America 1994 pageant.[1][2] Regan went on to study voice in Graz, Austria, and at the New England Conservatory of Music in Boston before enrolling at Columbia University. She graduated from Columbia with a B.A. in history in 2000.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

foreverlax wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:25 am Trump re-tweet
“I completely read the entire Mueller Report, and do you know what I concluded after reading both Volume 1 and Volume 2? There is no there there. NO THERE THERE! We completely wasted everybody’s time and taxpayer’s money.” @trish_regan
Regan was born in New Hampshire on December 13, 1972. She attended high school at Phillips Exeter Academy. She was Miss New Hampshire and represented her home state in the Miss America 1994 pageant.[1][2] Regan went on to study voice in Graz, Austria, and at the New England Conservatory of Music in Boston before enrolling at Columbia University. She graduated from Columbia with a B.A. in history in 2000.
This sayz more about YOU..........

.........pretend liberals provide list of female APPROVED "insights" influencers. (what, YOU didn't get this email from the DNC? )
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

runrussellrun wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:28 am
This sayz more about YOU..........I'm interested in the views of actual professionals who actually understand the subject matter, like lawyers, thank you.

.........pretend liberals provide list of female APPROVED "insights" influencers. (what, YOU didn't get this email from the DNC? )
Again, no clue what you are suggesting.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

foreverlax wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:50 am
This sayz more about YOU..........I'm interested in the views of actual professionals who actually understand the subject matter, like lawyers, thank you.

You are suggesting, not me, that there IS a list of actual professionals out there.......you're just not willing to share, or even acknowledge it exists. Got it.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

runrussellrun wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:02 am
foreverlax wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:50 am

You are suggesting, not me, that there IS a list of actual professionals out there.......you're just not willing to share, or even acknowledge it exists. Got it.
How about the excess of 800 former federal prosecutors who signed the letter about the obstruction of justice in the Mueller Report: https://arkvalleyvoice.com/more-than-80 ... d-justice/

They seem to know something _professionally_ about crime...
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Let's be clear. I was responding to a woman hating, misogynic, comment regarding an IVY league trained journalist......and how typical it was of the pretend liberal((s) , but very hateful, comments .
it was as if whatever aboutism
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

runrussellrun wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:21 am Let's be clear. I was responding to a woman hating, misogynic, comment regarding an IVY league trained journalist......and how typical it was of the pretend liberal((s) , but very hateful, comments .
RR, I think it's fair to challenge the dismissal of Regan as a beauty queen etc, when she clearly has more on the ball than her looks. But 'woman hating' is a pretty ridiculous claim in response.

And, while she was on a path at one point to perhaps be an actual 'journalist', she got off that path and these days is just a TV host spouting right-wing talking points. She's a 'host', a 'pundit' not a journalist. She certainly isn't a legal expert.

And her claim to have read the Mueller Report and claim of nothing there is patently ridiculous. Either she's lying about reading the Report or she's purposely misleading as to its contents.

Dismissing her as a right wing shill would be appropriate, which has nothing to do with her looks.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:44 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:21 am Let's be clear. I was responding to a woman hating, misogynic, comment regarding an IVY league trained journalist......and how typical it was of the pretend liberal((s) , but very hateful, comments .
RR, I think it's fair to challenge the dismissal of Regan as a beauty queen etc, when she clearly has more on the ball than her looks. But 'woman hating' is a pretty ridiculous claim in response.

And, while she was on a path at one point to perhaps be an actual 'journalist', she got off that path and these days is just a TV host spouting right-wing talking points. She's a 'host', a 'pundit' not a journalist. She certainly isn't a legal expert.

And her claim to have read the Mueller Report and claim of nothing there is patently ridiculous. Either she's lying about reading the Report or she's purposely misleading as to its contents.

Dismissing her as a right wing shill would be appropriate, which has nothing to do with her looks.
Take that exact quote and imagine tRump twatted the exact same thing. How would it be taken? Woman friendly? You're just being deliberate, otherwize. If looks don't matter, why bring them up? Something tRumps does.

Last edited by runrussellrun on Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Wednesday at 8 AM.

foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

runrussellrun wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:50 pm

Take that exact quote and imagine tRump twatted the exact same thing. How would it be taken? Woman friendly? You're just being deliberate, otherwize. If looks don't matter, why bring them up? Something tRumps does.

Good one...Trump is POTUS. Me, just another dolt wasting time her LP 2.0 posting anonymously.
ggait

Post by ggait »

Fancy credentials don't really tell you much. Certainly they are not an immunization shot from extreme bias or hackism.

I think all of the following are completely worthless, embarassing hacks: Laura Ingraham (Dartmouth, UVA Law and a Supreme Court clerk), Ann Coulter (Cornell, Michigan Law), Keith Olbermann (Cornell), Ted Cruz (Princeton, Harvard Law), Chris Cuomo (Yale), Jim Acosta (JMU), Hannity (college drop out), Lou Dobbs (Harvard). And of course Trump (Penn).

In contrast, I think folks like Anderson Cooper (Yale), Chris Wallace (Harvard), Shep Smith (Ole Miss), Bret Baier (Depauw), David Brooks (UChi) are worth listening to.

Margaret Brennan (UVA), Norah O'Donnell (Georgetown), Abby Hunstman (Penn) and Trish Regan (Columbia) are all easy on the eyes. But only Regan is a shameless hack.

And it is pretty weird how many of the FNC blondes are drawn from the ranks of beauty pageant alumni.

Mueller is credible and respected, but not really because of his fancy degrees (Princeton, UVA Law).
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

ggait wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:09 pm Fancy credentials don't really tell you much. Certainly they are not an immunization shot from extreme bias or hackism.

I think all of the following are completely worthless, embarassing hacks: Laura Ingraham (Dartmouth, UVA Law and a Supreme Court clerk), Ann Coulter (Cornell, Michigan Law), Keith Olbermann (Cornell), Ted Cruz (Princeton, Harvard Law), Chris Cuomo (Yale), Jim Acosta (JMU), Hannity (college drop out), Lou Dobbs (Harvard). And of course Trump (UPenn-Fordham Campus).

In contrast, I think folks like Anderson Cooper (Yale), Chris Wallace (Harvard), Shep Smith (Ole Miss), Bret Baier (Depauw), David Brooks (UChi) are worth listening to.

Margaret Brennan (UVA), Norah O'Donnell (Georgetown), Abby Hunstman (Penn) and Trish Regan (Columbia) are all easy on the eyes. But only Regan is a shameless hack.

And it is pretty weird how many of the FNC blondes are drawn from the ranks of beauty pageant alumni.

Mueller is credible and respected, but not really because of his fancy degrees (Princeton, UVA Law).
Fixed a typo.
“I wish you would!”
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:40 pm
ggait wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:09 pm Fancy credentials don't really tell you much. Certainly they are not an immunization shot from extreme bias or hackism.

I think all of the following are completely worthless, embarrassing hacks: Laura Ingraham (Dartmouth, UVA Law and a Supreme Court clerk), Ann Coulter (Cornell, Michigan Law), Keith Olbermann (Cornell), Ted Cruz (Princeton, Harvard Law), Chris Cuomo (Yale), Jim Acosta (JMU), Hannity (college drop out), Lou Dobbs (Harvard). And of course Trump (UPenn-Fordham Campus).

Fixed a typo.
Good catch, TLD.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Showtime's The Loudest Voice in the Room is airing now & still avail ON DEMAND.

Russel Crowe as Roger Ailes. Highly entertaining.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

runrussellrun wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:50 pm

I'm really not arguing with you, but if Trump wants to be negative about a woman, he puts down her looks, 'not my type, 'horse face', 'ugly', 'bleeding' etc. That's more 'woman hating' than being dismissive of this gal because she's a former beauty queen...who went to Columbia.

My wife is a former 'beauty/talent queen' too, also represented Massachusetts, but no one would dismiss her for being high school valedictorian, Dartmouth honors, HBS, Bain, etc! Of course, none of her jobs have ever had anything to do with being on camera for a network that has been run by sexists. Fox and its management and quite a few of its hosts are notorious in this regard.

I didn't take exception to the misogynist label, as being dismissive of a woman for her good looks does tread into that territory, albeit I'm pretty sure that wasn't what our fellow poster intended. It's not like Trump complimenting his daughter's body or otherwise ogling and pawing women.

But woman hating doesn't fit, for sure.

And his intent was simply to demand that we pay attention to someone actually well qualified to render an opinion on the Mueller Report, not a TV host spouting right wing tripe (or left wing tripe for that matter). Regan has a history of some pretty dumb/or purposely misleading, incendiary stuff, (I'd bet on the latter) so this was par for the course.
ggait

Post by ggait »

Fixed a typo.

Good catch, TLD.
Like almost all Fordham Rams, I give all/exclusive credit for Trump to Penn/Wharton. Seems fair since that is what Trump himself does.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
ggait

Post by ggait »

If I was doing the questioning tomorrow, my top topic would be to ask about the interplay between Barr and Mueller over the now famous OLC opinion.

It seems beyond fishy that Barr comes out (but only after Mueller has wrapped up his investigation and report) and says that Mueller didn't understand the OLC opinion; that Mueller was wrong to not make a prosecutorial conclusion on OOJ; that Barr was disappointed that Mueller didn't make a conclusion. Really?

When did you tell Barr about your view of the OLC opinion?
So Barr knew of your view for at least ____ weeks before your report was finalized?
Did Barr ever tell you he disagreed with that view?
Did Barr ever tell you he was disappointed in your view?
Did Barr ever instruct you to make a prosecutorial conclusion?
If Barr had so instructed, would you have followed that instruction?
If Barr had so instructed, could/would you have been able to reach such a conclusion?
The OLC opinion is just an internal DOJ policy. It isn't a law.
As the Attorney General, does Barr have the power to modify or interpret internal DOJ policies?
Did Barr ever attempt to clarify or interpret the OLC opinion in order to provide guidance to your work?

I think Mueller might actually answer those questions, especially in light of Barr's public comments. Made, conveniently, after the horse had long since left the barn.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

ggait wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:09 pm
Fixed a typo.

Good catch, TLD.
Like almost all Fordham Rams, I give all/exclusive credit for Trump to Penn/Wharton. Seems fair since that is what Trump himself does.
You sound like one of my best friends!
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Lost in the Mueller testimony hoopla :
https://dailycaller.com/2019/07/23/flyn ... -lobbying/

Michael Flynn Associate Found Guilty Of Illegally Lobbying For Turkey

A federal jury in Virginia found a former Michael Flynn business partner guilty Tuesday on charges that he illegally lobbied for the Turkish government while working for Flynn’s intelligence firm in 2016.
Bijan Rafiekian was found guilty on one charge that he operated as an unregistered foreign agent, and another that he conspired to do the same. The charges centered on work that Rafiekian did as an executive for Flynn Intel Group (FIG).
Prosecutors accused Rafiekian and Alptekin of lobbying secretly on behalf of the Turkish government to investigate Gulen, who the Turkish government accuses of masterminding a failed coup attempt in July 2016.

Alptekin hired FIG through a Dutch shell company he formed called Inovo BV. (RELATED: EXCLUSIVE: Michael Flynn Is Lobbying For Obscure Dutch Company With Ties To Turkish Government)

The case against Rafiekian appeared on thin ice earlier in July, after prosecutors wrapped up their case against the Iranian-American businessman.
Judge Anthony Trenga appeared close to tossing out the case last week, saying that the government’s evidence was “very speculative.” Trenga ultimately allowed the case to proceed.

Prosecutors acknowledged that they did not have evidence the Turkish government paid for the Gulen investigation. But they did cite emails that showed Flynn, Rafiekian and Alptekin suggesting that Turkish government officials were being briefed on the project. Alptekin indicated in one August 2016 email that a Turkish government official had given the “green light” for the project.
Flynn, Rafiekian, Alptekin and McCauley, who retired in 2015, attended a Sept. 19, 2016 meeting in New York City with two top Turkish government officials.

Flynn, who served as President Donald Trump’s national security adviser for 24 days, ultimately wrote an op-ed in The Hill on Nov. 8 2016 that accused Gulen of being a radical Islamist.

Prosecutors initially planned to call Flynn as a witness at Rafiekian’s trial. Flynn has cooperated with the government’s investigation as a condition of his plea agreement in the special counsel’s Russia investigation. But prosecutors reversed course on Flynn on July 3, declaring him an unindicted co-conspirator in the case.

Return to “POLITICS”