Trump's Russian Collusion

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: The Mueller Report and Impeachment

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:58 pm Here ya go. Note the date, from pg 168 of this thread.
You waste a lot of my time responding to your repetitive hectoring.
You don't have to respond...

“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:30 pm
a fan wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:32 pm He's predicting that no matter what Horowitz says, you already have your own conclusion. And you'll fit and shape the report to your own needs.

Is he wrong?
Ask me after I see the IG's report.
I asked a question. YOU answered the question. Your words. Not mine.

And then you tell me "when I said ask me after I see the Horowitz report, I didn't really mean that. I gave you my REAL answer over 100 pages ago, and your a moron for not remembering that".

What is going on with you?
You are unbelievable, or just being willfully obtuse.
As I said months ago, I'm happy to wait for the IG report & now the other DoJ inquiries.
You keep pestering me with the same question, apparently expecting a different answer.
Asked & answered, months ago. Stop wasting my time.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:40 pm
old salt wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:58 pm Here ya go. Note the date, from pg 168 of this thread.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:43 pm
a fan wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:32 pm He's predicting that no matter what Horowitz says, you already have your own conclusion. And you'll fit and shape the report to your own needs.

Is he wrong?

And then you tell me "when I said ask me after I see the Horowitz report, I didn't really mean that. I gave you my REAL answer over 100 pages ago, and your a moron for not remembering that".

As I said months ago, I'm happy to wait for the IG report & now the other DoJ inquiries.
You keep pestering me with the same question, apparently expecting a different answer.
Salty,
It's very, very clear to everyone on here that you are the one being 'obtuse'.
It's predicted that Trump supporters and apologists will attack Horowitz if his findings don't conform to their belief set.
When asked if that's how you would respond, you demurred that you'd answer after you saw it.

Which to anyone other than yourself means you'll be willing to attack it (as you have the Mueller investigation) if you don't like the findings. You're withholding judgement, not saying (as you had earlier) that you'll accept whatever the IG comes back with...you had done the same at first re Mueller, but ahh well.
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:44 pm

Is he wrong?

Salty,
It's predicted that Trump supporters and apologists will attack Horowitz if his findings don't conform to their belief set.
When asked if that's how you would respond, you demurred that you'd answer after you saw it.

Which to anyone other than yourself means you'll be willing to attack it (as you have the Mueller investigation) if you don't like the findings. You're withholding judgement, not saying (as you had earlier) that you'll accept whatever the IG comes back with...you had done the same at first re Mueller, but ahh well.
Asked & answered 4 months ago. I've accepted what Mueller reported -- no conspiracy. You haven't. .:lol:.
None of us yet know what the IG & other DoJ inquiries are going to yield, but it looks like I might be getting the accounting I've asked for.
Are you willing to commit now that you'll be satisfied with them, not yet knowing what they will yield ? I'm happy to wait & see the evidence.
old salt wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:11 am
afan wrote :
My issue has been Old Salt and others calling for more investigations into the FBI and Hillary, while at the same time saying things like "show me the man, and I'll show you the crime".
Wrong again. I haven't called for a SC for Clinton or even Trump. I've written off holding Clinton accountable. We know what went down with & for her. I'm content with the IG investigation.

I just want some sort of credible investigation of what went on inside the DOJ, IC & Obama Admin in investigating the Trump campaign & admin.
I don't care if it's a SC, US Atty Huber, or IG Horowitz. I just want a credible investigation that identifies the bad actors, however many or few there were. We may already know all of their names & some of them may have been acting in good faith. But we need to know what happened & why, & how they exercised their powers of office.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

old salt wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:51 pm

Is he wrong?

Salty,

Asked & answered 4 months ago. I've accepted what Mueller reported -- no conspiracy. You haven't. .:lol:.
None of us yet know what the IG & other DoJ inquiries are going to yield, but it looks like I might be getting the accounting I've asked for.
Are you willing to commit now that you'll be satisfied with them, not yet knowing what they will yield ? I'm happy to wait & see the evidence.
afan wrote :
My issue has been Old Salt and others calling for more investigations into the FBI and Hillary, while at the same time saying things like "show me the man, and I'll show you the crime".
Wrong again. I haven't called for a SC for Clinton or even Trump. I've written off holding Clinton accountable. We know what went down with & for her. I'm content with the IG investigation.

I just want some sort of credible investigation of what went on inside the DOJ, IC & Obama Admin in investigating the Trump campaign & admin.
I don't care if it's a SC, US Atty Huber, or IG Horowitz. I just want a credible investigation that identifies the bad actors, however many or few there were. We may already know all of their names & some of them may have been acting in good faith. But we need to know what happened & why, & how they exercised their powers of office.
SOP from good old MD... Did you read the Mueller report?? :mrgreen: All of the answers are there grasshopper... :D
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:16 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:40 pm
Stop wasting bandwidth
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:51 pm None of us yet know what the IG & other DoJ inquiries are going to yield, but it looks like I might be getting the accounting I've asked for.
:lol: That's not what you asked for.

What you asked for months ago was, and I quote, a 'credible investigation". You have it. It's in your pocket. We're just waiting for the write up.

You should be happy now.

But you're not. And MDlax and the rest of us know why. If Horowitz hands out indictments, you'll use his report as your Bible. Unquestioned authority.

And if he doesn't or doesn't cast the worst possible light on your Deep State? You'll tear it apart, and question the legitimacy of the whole program.

So in answer to your unwittingly sad question "Are you willing to commit now that you'll be satisfied with them, not yet knowing what they will yield ?"

Yes! For F's sake, yes! Thats' what you do when you're rational.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:28 pm
old salt wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:51 pm

Is he wrong?

Salty,

afan wrote :

SOP from good old MD... Did you read the Mueller report?? :mrgreen: All of the answers are there grasshopper... :D
Actually, yes. and indeed the answers are indeed there.

Yes, not conspiracy indictment. But no conspiracy? no collusion? nope, lots of evidence...just not enough.

Definitely obstruction.

All there.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:16 pm
old salt wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:51 pm None of us yet know what the IG & other DoJ inquiries are going to yield, but it looks like I might be getting the accounting I've asked for.
:lol: That's not what you asked for.

What you asked for months ago was, and I quote, a 'credible investigation". You have it. It's in your pocket.
Investigation of what ? I say again -- this is the credible investrigation I'm waiting for :
old salt

Post by old salt »

Judge Sullivan is going to blow a gasket. .:lol:. ...withdraw plea, inadequate counsel, go to trial ? Flynn can do 6 mos standing on his head.
https://www.politico.com/story/2019/07/ ... rs-1403317

Flynn’s new lead attorney, Sidney Powell, suggested that prosecutors were insisting that the former Defense Intelligence Agency chief give inaccurate testimony about a belated filing Flynn’s firm made under the Foreign Agents Registration Act.

“The prosecutors have been adamant Mr. Flynn testify that he authorized filing the FARA form knowing and intending that it contain false statements,” Powell wrote. “Mr. Flynn cannot give that testimony because it is not true.”

Powell claims that during a June 27 discussion with prosecutor Brandon Van Grack, who was on Mueller’s team and is now handling Flynn’s case for the U.S. Attorney’s Office in D.C., Van Grack engaged in a “heated exchange” as the new Flynn lawyers explained his more benign view of his actions with respect to the Turkish-related lobbying.

Even if prosecutors don’t seek to re-open the case against Flynn, the falling-out could mean trouble for him when he’s finally sentenced on the single felony false-statement charge he admitted to. In advance of his expected sentencing last December, Mueller’s team said Flynn’s cooperation was so exemplary that he should not get any jail time.

However, Sullivan seemed to be considering prison time for Flynn. The judge ultimately postponed sentencing, at Flynn’s lawyers’ request, so that Flynn could demonstrate further cooperation by testifying at Kian’s trial.

In the new filings Sullivan has ordered, prosecutors and Flynn’s lawyers seem likely to offer starkly different assessments of whether he or the government is responsible for the breakdown.

As the details of Flynn’s rupture with prosecutors went public Tuesday, Powell sought to play down the significance of the disagreement.

“General Flynn followed the law and hired the FARA experts,” Powell said in an email to POLITICO. “General Flynn is still cooperating with the government even if they don't call him as a witness.”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:28 pm Judge Sullivan is going to blow a gasket. .:lol:. ...withdraw plea, inadequate counsel, go to trial ? Flynn can do 6 mos standing on his head.
https://www.politico.com/story/2019/07/ ... rs-1403317

Flynn’s new lead attorney, Sidney Powell, suggested that prosecutors were insisting that the former Defense Intelligence Agency chief give inaccurate testimony about a belated filing Flynn’s firm made under the Foreign Agents Registration Act.

“The prosecutors have been adamant Mr. Flynn testify that he authorized filing the FARA form knowing and intending that it contain false statements,” Powell wrote. “Mr. Flynn cannot give that testimony because it is not true.”

Powell claims that during a June 27 discussion with prosecutor Brandon Van Grack, who was on Mueller’s team and is now handling Flynn’s case for the U.S. Attorney’s Office in D.C., Van Grack engaged in a “heated exchange” as the new Flynn lawyers explained his more benign view of his actions with respect to the Turkish-related lobbying.

Even if prosecutors don’t seek to re-open the case against Flynn, the falling-out could mean trouble for him when he’s finally sentenced on the single felony false-statement charge he admitted to. In advance of his expected sentencing last December, Mueller’s team said Flynn’s cooperation was so exemplary that he should not get any jail time.

However, Sullivan seemed to be considering prison time for Flynn. The judge ultimately postponed sentencing, at Flynn’s lawyers’ request, so that Flynn could demonstrate further cooperation by testifying at Kian’s trial.

In the new filings Sullivan has ordered, prosecutors and Flynn’s lawyers seem likely to offer starkly different assessments of whether he or the government is responsible for the breakdown.

As the details of Flynn’s rupture with prosecutors went public Tuesday, Powell sought to play down the significance of the disagreement.

“General Flynn followed the law and hired the FARA experts,” Powell said in an email to POLITICO. “General Flynn is still cooperating with the government even if they don't call him as a witness.”
how about 5 years?
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
old salt

Post by old salt »

Flynn's "stunt" is going to put Team Mueller's strong arm tactics on trail, publicly & maybe in court.

Flynn's claiming the prosecutors were pressuring him to lie about the FARA application that Kellner prep'ed for Flynn & partners.
Meanwhile -- before Judge Sullivan, they recommended no jail time & painted him as a hero for his help in Mueller's investigation.
You can't just wash that away in public opinion.

If Flynn withdraws his plea, then the govt will have to decide if they want to try him & drag Yates, Comey, McCabe, Strzok & Priestap into court to defend they way they entrapped Flynn. Based on what they've already said in the media, that won't play well for them.

It will be a media circus & generate massive public sympathy for Flynn, more so if they drag his kid into it.
He's probably not having to pay for his lawyers now. It will make it easier for Trump to pardon him, if necessary.

Will the Barr DoJ go after Flynn for a FARA filing glitch & the false statement entrapment ?
Mueller's gonzo & so are Weismann & the other angry (D) head hunters.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Yeah, Flynn is a good guy, just a victim in all this.

His op ed was all on the up and up, he was entrapped, never meant to lie to anyone about anything. He deserves a Pardon!!!
old salt

Post by old salt »

.:lol:. ...read Papadop's book & see how Team Mueller handled him. Then see if we ever find out how many of the officials who made a run on him when he traveled overseas were US or allied agents or informants.

Where's Mifsud & who did he work for ? He's the one who supposedly started this whole thing.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

I made a down payment on a condo in Mifsud Tower Moscow. Lost everything.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
old salt

Post by old salt »

It's not all bad. Papadop's hot wife is still with him. They supposedly filmed a documentary reality tv show.

His book is a hoot -- he says he was treated like Cool Hand Luke during his 12 days in Club Fed.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Trump doesn’t want the Mueller team to talk. Since when is too much exoneration a bad thing?
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump

Return to “POLITICS”