Trump's Russian Collusion

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
old salt

Re: The Mueller Report and Impeachment

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:41 pm
old salt wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:34 pm
a fan wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:24 pm
old salt wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:11 pm
a fan wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:05 pm
old salt wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:55 pm So what ? Despite your "alarm", Mueller established no conspiracy with the Trump campaign.
Trump Tower. They attempted to collude with a spy.

You've never gone on record with this: you telling us that you don't care? All the key principles under the direct orders from Trump (obviously), met with a Russian spy, looking for dirt on Hillary. And of course, we only have the word of those present that no such dirt was offered.

Do you really not have a problem with that? That's ok in your book?
Yes I have -- it was stupid, amateurish, & unethical, ...just like so much that Trump & his campaign did.

Remember when I pointed out that Brennan testified about getting " led down a treasonous path, either wittingly or unwittingly."

If "colluding", you don't do it so openly.
Ok. So if you agree that this stuff happened....attempted collusion...then why are you so mad at our Intel for investigating these idiots? Just a few posts up you called them "innocent American citizens". Clearly that's not what they were.

And if you're in the FBI? And you read the internal memo about the Tower meeting. And then the Flynn meeting followed by his lie not just to the FBI, but to Pence? You're telling me you're not just a tad freaked out?

All of this, as I said from the start, is Occam's Razor. You are vilifying people for doing their jobs. As for the leaks? Easy ethical explanation: the FBI works for Trump. illegal? Yep. Should they to to jail? Yep. But it was, imho, an ethical move. As I have said dozens of times now, our Constitution isn't set up for these shenanigans. Trump put Comey and the FBI between the same rock and a hard place that the idiot Hillary did. So mistakes happened. Lines were crossed.

And think about who those leaks were targeted to.... they weren't targeted at me. I don't need a memo to understand Trump and his idiots are corrupt POS's. They were targeted at YOU, as well as FoxNation. Imagine their horror when they found out that you and FoxNation didn't care. Not even a little.
Yeah sure they were all Boy Scouts. ...that's why they systematically leaked to the MSM to undermine Trump's campaign, transition & Presidency.
SAD.
Folks doing their freaking jobs know that the new POTUS is a corrupt, lying POS, in suspected cahoots with a foreign adversary...and we call them doing everything in their power to address the challenge of that reality, "undermine Trump's campaign, transition & Presidency" ...as opposed to protecting the USA, doing their jobs.

If someone leaked illegally, knowing that they could not, would not, be heard up the chain of command by those now in office, that's a choice to subject oneself to punishment. But it may well be the right thing to do ethically.

It will be interesting to look back 10 years from now.
I'd replay the Evelyn Farkas "call to arms" to the leakers on MSNBC for you & afan, but it's been taken down by youtube .:lol:.
Keep cheering on your Heroes of the Resistance.
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video ... tions.html

...an interview she did on MSNBC's 'Morning Joe' on March 2nd, 2017 where Farkas appears to happily admit that she was responsible for leaking sensitive information about what parts of the government might have spied on President-elect Trump and his Trump Tower. Fox News ran a story on this titled: Former Obama official discloses rush to get intelligence on Trump team

The Farkas statement in question: "I had a fear that somehow that information would disappear with the senior [Obama] people who left, so it would be hidden away in the bureaucracy ... that the Trump folks – if they found out how we knew what we knew about their ... the Trump staff dealing with Russians – that they would try to compromise those sources and methods, meaning we no longer have access to that intelligence.
That's why you have the leaking ! "
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:34 pm ...and, and, and. Anything to keep the drumbeat going until the next election.
I told you they'd do that.

They're running the Benghazi 4=year playbook. A playbook that worked beautifully, if you'll recall.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Anyone who thought they could honestly report up Trump’s chain would be incredibly naive.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:42 pm
old salt wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:37 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:34 pm
Trinity wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:32 pm Because we know zero about the counterintelligence Investigation. Money streams? Leverage? Not addressed in the report.
And indeed, Mueller may punt the question to the category of "ongoing investigations".
...and, and, and. Anything to keep the drumbeat going until the next election.
Right, that's the most logical reason he'd punt the question. :roll:
That's the reason poor Ranger Bob is being dragged before Congress, to be badgered by both sides, for not giving them what they wanted.

After all this, we see that Strzok was right -- there was no there, there.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Trinity wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:52 pm Anyone who thought they could honestly report up Trump’s chain would be incredibly naive.
Well they could honestly report...but what would make them naive would be if they thought that would result in being applauded versus fired or even worse.

Dangerous stuff to tell the truth when those in power are corrupt and threatened.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Trump’s base doesn’t read. They have to see the movie to be horrified.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:53 pm
Trinity wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:32 pm Because we know zero about the counterintelligence Investigation. Money streams? Leverage? Not addressed in the report.
And indeed, Mueller may punt the question to the category of "ongoing investigations".
That's the reason poor Ranger Bob is being dragged before Congress, to be badgered by both sides, for not giving them what they wanted.

Right, NO COLLUSION/NO OBSTRUCTION. Witch Hunt. Hoax.
Boy you love you some Putin.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Trinity wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:55 pm Trump’s base doesn’t read. They have to see the movie to be horrified.
Painfully, I don't think they'll even watch the movie.
Not the base.
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:55 pm
Trinity wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:52 pm Anyone who thought they could honestly report up Trump’s chain would be incredibly naive.
Well they could honestly report...but what would make them naive would be if they thought that would result in being applauded versus fired or even worse.

Dangerous stuff to tell the truth when those in power are corrupt and threatened.
Yet what has Congress unearthed with all the leaks, whistle blowers, intel, witnesses ? ...where are the criminal referrals ?

It's not like Schiff & Blumenthal are camera shy.
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:56 pm

Boy you love some Joe McCarthy.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Ranger Bob!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

strzok, the guy that was plotting against Trump with Page!!?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ..... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:53 pm That's the reason poor Ranger Bob is being dragged before Congress, to be badgered by both sides, for not giving them what they wanted.

Yes. But they TRIED to collude. And they lied at every chance they got.

That should be enough. Sadly, it's not.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

The British Ambassador, in secret cables, suggests the worst cannot be ruled out regarding Trump and Russia. Trump says nobody likes that guy.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:58 pm

Yet what has Congress unearthed with all the leaks, whistle blowers, intel, witnesses ? ...where are the criminal referrals ?

Who would they refer a case to? Barr?
Seriously?

So...what witnesses have they subpoenaed that have then appeared?

I think this is gonna need to be done at the ballot box as Pelosi has clearly made the determination that impeaching with no GOP Senate support is a political no-win. That could change post-Mueller, but I doubt it.

And I'm not kidding about 'dangerous'.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:59 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:56 pm

Boy you love some Joe McCarthy.
McCarthy and Putin and Trump would be buddies, all populist, right-wing authoritarians.

My affinity would be to Joseph Welch, lawyer for the Army.
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:26 pm

Seriously?

I think this is gonna need to be done at the ballot box as Pelosi has clearly made the determination that impeaching with no GOP Senate support is a political no-win. That could change post-Mueller, but I doubt it.

They had plenty of time before Barr was AG.
All they needed was a referral letter to run before the cameras & try the case on MSNBC/CNN.
...after all, Schiff kept assuring us that he had direct evidence.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:40 pm

Seriously?

All they needed was a referral letter to run before the cameras & try the case on MSNBC/CNN.
Before the Mueller investigation was completed?

You're a piece of work, Salty. Keep the BS flying. Something might stick on that wall.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:40 pm

Seriously?

“I wish you would!”
tech37

Post by tech37 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:10 pm You mean "conspiracy", right? blah blah "conspiracy" blah blah = no indictments

I get it that you hate Dems but why the constant apologia for Trump? Wrong, I hate arrogant liberal aholes ;)
Typical Lax Dad

tech37 wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:48 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:10 pm You mean "conspiracy", right? blah blah "conspiracy" blah blah = no indictments

I get it that you hate Dems but why the constant apologia for Trump? Wrong, I hate arrogant liberal aholes ;)
“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”