Johns Hopkins 2021

D1 Mens Lacrosse
runrussellrun

Re: Johns Hopkins 2021

Post by runrussellrun »

johnnyonthegunpowder wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:53 pm They were absolutely humming in the first. They looked like a team that had killer week of practice. Then it was just too much one v one. What gives?
it's called "sandbagging"

unless, these games mean absolutely nothing (impossible to claim the idiotic numbers game for ANY big team. How can you have a RPI/SOS when you only play the same 5 teams.

Wake us when the BIG tournament starts.

May 2nd, Johns Hopkins Blue Jays Vs UMass Minutepeople

webcast, at "www.jhulaxcantspellQuinnsnameright.com "

ESPuKE 4/ hulu download upstream
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
Drcthru

Post by Drcthru »

runrussellrun wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:20 pm
HopFan16 wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:17 am
wgdsr wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:03 am you guys can't talk about your suckitude without continuing to drop trash on someone else's lawn, can you? like clockwork.
Lol, cry me a river. It's relevant in the context of a discussion about a new staff taking over a program with a rich tradition—and what differences there may or may not be facing Milliman and co. compared to other recent situations. No one is forcing you to pay attention to this.
pure comedy.

Like Madonna being in the rockNroll hall of fame, but Kate Bush is not.

....comedy gold...
Or Neil Sedaka :D
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to do the dishes.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Drcthru wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:50 pm
wgdsr wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:03 am you guys can't talk about your suckitude without continuing to drop trash on someone else's lawn, can you? like clockwork.
Lol, cry me a river. It's relevant in the context of a discussion about a new staff taking over a program with a rich tradition—and what differences there may or may not be facing Milliman and co. compared to other recent situations. No one is forcing you to pay attention to this.
pure comedy.

....comedy gold...
Not familiar with Neil's work. A pedestrian "voice", as far as I know.........similar to the raspy, whinny "jersey boy" style of singing.

Will check him out, ..........would be shocked if he wrote his own songs, like Madonna did ;)

Who knows, maybe Neil sadaka was like Carole King........cool to find out, thank you for the lead.

Meanwhile, lousy artists/musicians like Peter Gabriel and Roger Waters dig some work with Kate.

Who collabeds with madonna? Dennis rodman?

big 10 should have only invited 4 teams.........made the "regular" season worth watching.........

otherwize, this is just the grapefruit league......spring training.

WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Post by WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus »

This thread is becoming pure drivel.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Drcthru wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:50 pm
pure comedy.

....comedy gold...
forgot Neil rote this song.......

https://secondhandsongs.com/work/23390

This was pretty much the hopkins half time show, played for the Goucher gals......
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:19 pm This thread is becoming pure drivel.
....becoming........ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

billee

pisica

macka

con meo

cath

mushuk

rasmlar

llumiau

nhung buc anh

sliki

etc, etc, etc.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:19 pm This thread is becoming pure drivel.
At this point, you want your 5 stars....to align with AT LEAST .....ummm.....5 points

chest thump about recruits............take the reality.....

next time, don't say how GOOD you are........and your "recruits".

cat pictures.....or, pictures of match stick men....but the Slicki Boys version.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cF6lruPMhQ
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

runrussellrun wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:26 pm
....becoming........ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

billee

pisica

macka

con meo

cath

mushuk

rasmlar

llumiau

nhung buc anh

sliki

etc, etc, etc.
Welcome to the world of sir-smoke-a lot

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TjIWLOBTasA
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

HopFan16 wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:10 pm Speaking of Sgt. Friday, you can watch him and LB take on Gilman today at 4pm on LSN.

I think everyone here except maybe one person understands that the change of culture and personnel is going to take a few years. Over the course of that time you hope to see tangible improvement but it's not going to be "done" for quite awhile.
Jack Webb had a very nice game in net yesterday in a 13-4 win by the Dons over Gilman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ywv0YLM1BfA

https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/hig ... story.html

The Sun credited Jack with 9 saves, though I had him at 11.

Gilman's Morris, who is headed to UVA, also had a good game with 13 saves, and seeing many more shots as Loyola dominated at X and in transition.
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

nyjay

Post by nyjay »

I can tell it's a Michigan week. Can just feel the excitement.
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

nyjay wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:22 pm I can tell it's a Michigan week. Can just feel the excitement.
On the big ten forum, I suggested camden yards for a hopkins maryland mens/womens game or b1g lacrosse tournament. The orioles and blue jay men are rebuilding, big ten wants to boost its brand on the east coast. Let's go. $10 general admission tickets $5 students free under 7 years old. Fill a stadium, sell some hot dogs and pretzels.
51percentcorn

Post by 51percentcorn »

jhu06 wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:20 am On the big ten forum, I suggested camden yards for a hopkins maryland mens/womens game or b1g lacrosse tournament. The orioles and blue jay men are rebuilding, big ten wants to boost its brand on the east coast. Let's go. $10 general admission tickets $5 students free under 7 years old. Fill a stadium, sell some hot dogs and pretzels.
????? You should go back to unreasonable criticism of the Hopkins program. While there may be an allure to holding a hockey game in Yankee Stadium or something like that - no one is pining for lacrosse inside any big stadium venue. Camden Yards can fit 46,000 people - you want to fill it? And why exactly would the Orioles - I hear their owner is an extremely reasonable man - agree to this? Part of the allure of baseball to the non seam heads is being outside on a warm day with perfect, perfect green grass - the Orioles are going to let possibly a lacrosse game get played let alone 10 for the men's/women's tournaments??? Oh and Mr Angelos - we have no money - in case these 46,000 yahoos don't show up. With Homewood or Johnny U 5-10 miles away?

Oh and scientists are saying we are on the precipice of a 4th surge - Nationals game got cancelled last night - they might have 4 players with the virus.

You keep thinking Butch
nyjay wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:22 pm I can tell it's a Michigan week. Can just feel the excitement.
You'll feel something if Hopkins loses - this is not a done deal
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

If Kevin Warren isn't careful, 06 is going to come for his job in Rosemont with all these carefully considered, fully fleshed, realistic plans he's got for the conference. And that's only if Baker doesn't hire him first as Hop's Message Board Liaison so that he can inform the staff, in a more official capacity, as to why they must bench all of the team's best players. Maybe he'll get to share office space with the President's Special Assistant for Men's Lacrosse Affairs (But Definitely Not Those Sweatpants-Wearing Women), Mr. Kyle Harrison.

At some point the act ceases to be amusing and just gets boring. We passed that point long ago, but especially in the last few weeks. The horse is dead and buried and decomposing.

As for Michigan—there is no way they play as poorly as they did in our first meeting. They literally did not cover Epstein on the wing—that's not going to happen again. Rowlett has quietly been one of the best FOGOs in the conference and we know they have some talent on offense. The Jays are going to have to play well to win. I haven't heard anything about tickets for the public for this one but there are some rumblings out there that barring any setbacks they are planning to open it up for the Maryland game/senior day in a few weeks.
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

-they announced that graduation is in person so makes sense they allow fans for the terp game. If that happens I expect the stadium to look like a ketchup bottle.
-hf16, I don't take your shots personally.

-things that matter about the michigan game
a)if they stop playing veterans like baskin and zinn who have proven over their careers they are not winning d1 lacrosse players
b)if the narewskis epsteins grimes etc who will be a part of the program in 2022 show improvement
-things that don't matter about the michigan game
a)the score since we're not making the ncaa tournament unless we win the b1g tournament
treat the rest of the month as a pre fall ball, work on developing talented players they believe in, sifting through the roster, use the next 2 months to put us 7 weeks ahead of 2022 maryland while testudo chases a ring.
xxxxxxx

Post by xxxxxxx »

jhu06 wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:12 am -they announced that graduation is in person so makes sense they allow fans for the terp game. If that happens I expect the stadium to look like a ketchup bottle.

a)if they stop playing veterans like baskin and zinn who have proven over their careers they are not winning d1 lacrosse players
b)if the narewskis epsteins grimes etc who will be a part of the program in 2022 show improvement
a)the score since we're not making the ncaa tournament unless we win the b1g tournament
treat the rest of the month as a pre fall ball, work on developing talented players they believe in, sifting through the roster, use the next 2 months to put us 7 weeks ahead of 2022 maryland while testudo chases a ring.
Cheap shots at some Seniors who have given all they had to the program from a frustrated old man on a laptop. Spending the next seven weeks as a pre fall ball while Maryland chases a ring is also one of the dumber comments on this forum. Get a life.
51percentcorn

Post by 51percentcorn »

Well, "06 is apparently coachable to some degree because he left the world of bizarre ideas and went back to his core competency of unreasonably criticizing a program of which he is reportedly a fan.

As several have pointed out before me - Hopkins has at least 5 games left (assuming no virus issues) - they are part of the BIG tournament - so they have things to play for. If you walk into the team room and implement what you are suggetsing - you will lose the team. It's one thing if it's the last game of a season when you absolutely know you are going nowhere but it's quite another when you still have 40% of the season left. This would decimate the program. Players would likely leave - some of whom you may want to stay and the word would go out by land and sea that Milliman quits on his players - hello decommits and trouble recruiting. He's already walking a razor thin edge in managing close to 60 of another guy's players - his '21 class got turned over and he didn't really have a chance to make a great case to any of the '22 attackmen. It's absolutely true Hopkins is probably not making the NCAA tournament let alone enjoying success in said tournament but you have to be true to your process and put the best team on the field that gives you the best chance to win. I'm all for getting Peshko, McDermott and some others runs when the opportunities present themselves.
nyjay

Post by nyjay »

I actually think the staff has done quite well balancing the competing priorities of winning and developing the young guys. Martin is a great example. Didn't play much and now his playing time is steadily increasing to the point where he'll probably be a "starter" by the end of the year. The young middies will also start seeing a lot more time (McDermott, Peshko and Raposo). I am a bit confused about LSM though - Delaney has had some very good games, but seems like Deans is seeing a lot less time now than at the beginning of the season, but maybe I'm wrong about that.
BlueJaySince1947

Post by BlueJaySince1947 »

xxxxxxx wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:44 am
jhu06 wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:12 am -they announced that graduation is in person so makes sense they allow fans for the terp game. If that happens I expect the stadium to look like a ketchup bottle.

Cheap shots at some Seniors who have given all they had to the program from a frustrated old man on a laptop. Spending the next seven weeks as a pre fall ball while Maryland chases a ring is also one of the dumber comments on this forum. Get a life.
Some of us "...frustrated old men..." have seen a LOT of Blue Jay lacrosse over the years , Sonny !
Listen and learn.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

nyjay wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:49 am I actually think the staff has done quite well balancing the competing priorities of winning and developing the young guys. Martin is a great example. Didn't play much and now his playing time is steadily increasing to the point where he'll probably be a "starter" by the end of the year. The young middies will also start seeing a lot more time (McDermott, Peshko and Raposo). I am a bit confused about LSM though - Delaney has had some very good games, but seems like Deans is seeing a lot less time now than at the beginning of the season, but maybe I'm wrong about that.
Not wrong. They’ve been using McManus and Szuluk at “LSM” when Delaney needs a rest. The other one plays close D. Then they rotate when Delaney is on the field. I put LSM in quotes because they’re basically just putting four poles out there. Not sure if Deans is being phased out or if they just like what they’ve seen from McManus and Szuluk and are looking for ways to get them both on the field.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”