media matters

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Farfromgeneva

Re: media matters

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 10:45 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 10:38 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 10:35 pm https://www.cbsnews.com/news/elon-musk- ... -fidelity/

What had happened wuz….
I still want to know what the TL B would go for. 40 cents? No way it’s above 60 cents on the dollar when it broke 80 at origination basically when MS and BofA got hung with it. Think about it even if you believe Fidelity’s mark, you’ve got negative FCF, every covenant has busted within 2 quarters of closing and now an a Debt to EV ratio that was like .25-.3 or so, $13Bn in $46.5Bn, and is now more or less 1:1. And that EV involves a heck of a lot of goodwill and intangibles in it.
What’s the yield? SOFR + 1000….I believe it broke at 60.
Sofr + 475 at origination never sold they sat in it and then offered to a few buyers at 60 last Q4 with no takers. 60 cents on a 6.5yr remaining term equates to ballpark +1100bps with no bid there. Now down to less than 6yrs remaining. I bet it’s 40 and + 1500bps to clear - 20% for senior debt on that bad boy.

https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data ... ex99-c.htm
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 11:58 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 10:35 pm https://www.cbsnews.com/news/elon-musk- ... -fidelity/

What had happened wuz….
I still want to know what the TL B would go for. 40 cents? No way it’s above 60 cents on the dollar when it broke 80 at origination basically when MS and BofA got hung with it. Think about it even if you believe Fidelity’s mark, you’ve got negative FCF, every covenant has busted within 2 quarters of closing and now an a Debt to EV ratio that was like .25-.3 or so, $13Bn in $46.5Bn, and is now more or less 1:1. And that EV involves a heck of a lot of goodwill and intangibles in it.
Sofr + 475 at origination never sold they sat in it and then offered to a few buyers at 60 last Q4 with no takers. 60 cents on a 6.5yr remaining term equates to ballpark +1100bps with no bid there. Now down to less than 6yrs remaining. I bet it’s 40 and + 1500bps to clear - 20% for senior debt on that bad boy.

And it gets better:
https://www.businessinsider.com/twitter ... out-2023-7
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 9:21 am

What had happened wuz….

And it gets better:
Musk is a POS just a fact. That being said…

As a guy who’s made money from “time and materials” work and “best efforts” (success fee) I find anyone doing both and not crediting the T&M payment against the success fee to be the worst type of rent seeker. And I’m sure as agents for the seller who was in chaos they let the clock run hard on billing. So hard for me to be sympathetic to Wachtell but an agreement is an agreement and Musk is such a deadbeat that obviously he’s wrong and hope he pays full freight.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Typical Lax Dad

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 9:49 am

What had happened wuz….

And it gets better:

As a guy who’s made money from “time and materials” work and “best efforts” (success fee) I find anyone doing both and not crediting the T&M payment against the success fee to be the worst type of rent seeker. And I’m sure as agents for the seller who was in chaos they let the clock run hard on billing. So hard for me to be sympathetic to Wachtell but an agreement is an agreement and Musk is such a deadbeat that obviously he’s wrong and hope he pays full freight.
Musk should be happy. Watchell got his deal across the finish line. Management basically left a huge dump in his toilet and didn’t flush it.
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 10:16 am

What had happened wuz….

And it gets better:

Musk should be happy. Watchell got his deal across the finish line. Management basically left a huge dump in his toilet and didn’t flush it.
Except he didn’t want to cross the finish line. Why he’s stuffing everyone now. Or at least a contributing factor.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

a fan

Post by a fan »

And now Threads is here. That can't help the twitter cause.
Typical Lax Dad

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 10:36 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 10:16 am

What had happened wuz….

And it gets better:

Except he didn’t want to cross the finish line. Why he’s stuffing everyone now. Or at least a contributing factor.
Nope!!
“I wish you would!”
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

It appears that Microsoft owns the trademark and service mark “X.” If so, I wonder what Elon is going to do.

Wait: maybe it’s Zuck who owns X:

https://tsdr.uspto.gov/#caseNumber=8798 ... atusSearch
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Fox News’s Greg Gutfeld just said that the Holocaust wasn’t all bad for Jews — because those with “skills” and “utility” survived.

Just to note - the Nazis killed over 6 million people and practically wiped out the Jewish population in Europe. They only let up on the killing when they ran out of people to kill and delayed murdering the insignifcant percentage that they considered "helpful" to serve them as slaves.

Morons like Gutfeld are not only insane but dangerous.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Raiding a newspaper office and confiscating all their equipment is a violation of the First Amendment in regard to a Free Press

https://kansasreflector.com/2023/08/11/ ... ellphones/

“An attack on a newspaper office through an illegal search is not just an infringement on the rights of journalists but an assault on the very foundation of democracy and the public’s right to know,” Bradbury said. “This cannot be allowed to stand.”

“The road to fascism is lined with people telling you to stop overreacting.”- William K. Wolfrum.
Last edited by Kismet on Sun Aug 13, 2023 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Kismet wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 10:14 am Raiding a newspaper office and confiscating all their equipment is a violation of the First Amendment in regard to a Free Press

https://kansasreflector.com/2023/08/11/ ... ellphones/

“An attack on a newspaper office through an illegal search is not just an infringement on the rights of journalists but an assault on the very foundation of democracy and the public’s right to know,” Bradbury said. “This cannot be allowed to stand.”
Specifically against federal law to do the raid instead of a subpoena.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Bill Hemmer - Faux News anchor said this on national television this past week reagerding education in America -

" I remember, 20 years-old, going to Trier, Germany and trying to find the home of Karl Marx 'cause, you know, 1848, he wrote Mein Kampf. I wanted to know what was all about. So, that's part of the education in America."

Would like to know where he got his education because it was Adolf Hitler who wrote it in 1925 (not 1848) and not Karl Marx. Apparently does not know the difference between a Marxist and a fascist either. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
njbill

Post by njbill »

:lol: Sounds like something the late Tucker Carlson would say.

And I thought Sean Hannity was the dumbest employee at Fox.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Kismet wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 6:41 am Bill Hemmer - Faux News anchor said this on national television this past week reagerding education in America -

" I remember, 20 years-old, going to Trier, Germany and trying to find the home of Karl Marx 'cause, you know, 1848, he wrote Mein Kampf. I wanted to know what was all about. So, that's part of the education in America."

Would like to know where he got his education because it was Adolf Hitler who wrote it in 1925 (not 1848) and not Karl Marx. Apparently does not know the difference between a Marxist and a fascist either. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
ouch.
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 9:03 am
Kismet wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 6:41 am Bill Hemmer - Faux News anchor said this on national television this past week reagerding education in America -

ouch.
Henceforth we'll have half the Republican Party insisting Marx wrote Mein Kampf, and will tell you any evidence you have to the contrary is "fake".
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 10:07 am

ouch.
Henceforth we'll have half the Republican Party insisting Marx wrote Mein Kampf, and will tell you any evidence you have to the contrary is "fake".
Incredibly, then there is this about his education in his Wiki bio

"Hemmer holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in broadcast journalism from Miami University in Oxford, Ohio. While at Miami University, he joined Delta Tau Delta fraternity and studied in Europe at the Miami University Dolibois European Center, which was then located in Luxembourg City, Luxembourg."

How the eff do you study in Europe for any length of time and not know the difference between Marx and Hitler :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
Unless, of course, you're just another dumbass. :oops:
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Kismet wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 10:56 am

ouch.

"Hemmer holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in broadcast journalism from Miami University in Oxford, Ohio. While at Miami University, he joined Delta Tau Delta fraternity and studied in Europe at the Miami University Dolibois European Center, which was then located in Luxembourg City, Luxembourg."

How the eff do you study in Europe for any length of time and not know the difference between Marx and Hitler :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
Oktoberfest.
Typical Lax Dad

ouch.

A clown that grew up listening to Mike McConnell and Bill Cunningham on WLW…. I wonder how he ended up at Elder and not St. X or Moeller?
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 11:20 am

ouch.

Oktoberfest.
:lol: :lol:

Serious question for Miami of Ohio's "broadcast journalism" department...professors, what the heck?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

And yet Joe continually gets a pass from this crowd. 😂😂 I suppose Joe is the 10th wonder of the world, since he thinks the Grand Canyon in one of the 9 wonders of the world.

Seems Bill Hemmer could ask be POTUS. 😂
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard

Return to “POLITICS”