JUST the Stolen Documents/Mar-A-Lago/"Judge" Cannon Trial

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: The Politics of National Security

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

seacoaster wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:48 am I thought you didn’t speculate. A desperate gambit by “Biden, coordinates with his media lackeys”? The problem is that the phrases and statement attributed to Trump sound exactly like him; are completely in character; and are embodied in his and his family’s own choices about public service.

Thanks for the history lesson. And the easy effort at diminishing MD by invoking his Ivy education and lack of military service is telling. And small. Well done.
Also a little silly as I've previously told him I wasn't old enough to have done so. He knows that, yet the stupid swipe.

As I grew up I assumed I would volunteer if not drafted... I would not have avoided the draft. That's simply where my mindset was at the time. Since then I've grown more understanding of those who did avoid out of principle...but Trump has no principle in this matter I'd defend.

I do find it also weak how he'd think my "Ivy" background is an insult. Small minded. But ahhh well.
LandM

Post by LandM »

MD,
Certainly not justifying what was said, if what is being reported was what was said......still doubtful on the full context as to what was said because as we know, some times people embellish a story. What Fox News is reporting was said, which I did go out and find, I can unfortunately see that attitude today. Not sure about you but I have been in meetings with 20 different people who have 20 different versions of what happened. Mattis was not shy and cannot see Kelly being either. I also do not understand the moral compass the military and vets have received, not sure it is completely warranted. BUT I will say, as my older brother was drafted and he quickly joined the Navy and my dad went to Vietnam twice, there was not a whole lot of love going on for the troops back then. Ironically Joe Biden will have to run on a somewhat similar record as Trump in that I believe asthma allowed him to defer multiple times even though he was a pretty good football player and based on his age, he would have been right in the thick of the war. I wish my dad were alive to see the swing in the pendulum, he would have enjoyed it. To end, it would be nice to see the full transcripts - sheez, I need to run for Congress :lol: Until then the back and forth is not really going to change a mind. Telling enough, and the only experience I think one should have real-time is female football sideline reporters - love to see them think about emotions when knocked on their arse by a 320 pound guy (btw my wife rolls her eyes when I complain) but I think there are a few folks out here who might have had the ability to take that deferment. Water under the bridge but a little late to make amends for guys who did not and yes, I do know you were not old enough to go there as my middle brother who is 3 years older, I do not think had to sign up for the draft.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

LandM wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:20 am MD,
Certainly not justifying what was said, if what is being reported was what was said......still doubtful on the full context as to what was said because as we know, some times people embellish a story. What Fox News is reporting was said, which I did go out and find, I can unfortunately see that attitude today. Not sure about you but I have been in meetings with 20 different people who have 20 different versions of what happened. Mattis was not shy and cannot see Kelly being either. I also do not understand the moral compass the military and vets have received, not sure it is completely warranted. BUT I will say, as my older brother was drafted and he quickly joined the Navy and my dad went to Vietnam twice, there was not a whole lot of love going on for the troops back then. Ironically Joe Biden will have to run on a somewhat similar record as Trump in that I believe asthma allowed him to defer multiple times even though he was a pretty good football player and based on his age, he would have been right in the thick of the war. I wish my dad were alive to see the swing in the pendulum, he would have enjoyed it. To end, it would be nice to see the full transcripts - sheez, I need to run for Congress :lol: Until then the back and forth is not really going to change a mind. Telling enough, and the only experience I think one should have real-time is female football sideline reporters - love to see them think about emotions when knocked on their arse by a 320 pound guy (btw my wife rolls her eyes when I complain) but I think there are a few folks out here who might have had the ability to take that deferment. Water under the bridge but a little late to make amends for guys who did not and yes, I do know you were not old enough to go there as my middle brother who is 3 years older, I do not think had to sign up for the draft.
I dunno how many years there were no draft #'s assigned, but I think my year was either the first or second such.

There are now a whole bunch of media outlets which have confirmed the fundamentals of the reporting in the Atlantic. I expect there will be more such. I'd expect the WSJ to do so in due course if that hasn't already happened.

Now, if these reported statements and views and decisions were quite contrary in tone and substance to Trump's public statements, then we'd have reason to question whether these 4 senior officials had just misheard or misunderstood him...but we really do know the way Trump speaks, the attitude he takes, the decisions he's made in his personal life, the decisions his family has made, etc.

This really is who Trump is.
How each of us process that realization is up to us.
Each of us brings our own perspective on how important this is to us.
Clearly, some think it's meaningless, or just another media hoax. In denial, IMO.

On the comparison, Biden has an enormously different public personae re military service and respect for such. I agree that his student deferments and ultimately the asthma disqualification (except in national emergency) is not a stark contrast (Biden looks a lot like Cheney in this respect), but I don't think we get the impression that a doctor was paid to falsely report a condition that did not exist at all. I don't think we'll see Biden directly go after the bone spurs thing, but he'll continue to speak to the military service of his son and to his own feelings for the sacrifices of families who send their loved ones into harm's way...he can empathize with those sacrifices, those emotions. Trump reportedly discouraged his kids from serving...
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Glenn Greenwald (a liberal, but one with a functioning brain) is by far the smartest journo to read. Anyone who believes our media should read this. A complete takedown of ‘sources’. Media should be embarrassed but aren’t. Orange Man Bad and all that.

https://theintercept.com/2020/09/05/jou ... -opposite/

It’s possible because news outlets have completely distorted the term “confirmation” beyond all recognition. Indeed, they now use it to mean the exact opposite of what it actually means, thereby draping themselves in journalistic glory they have not earned and, worse, deceiving the public into believing that an unproven assertion has, in fact, been proven. With this disinformation method, they are doing the exact opposite of what journalism, at its core, is supposed to do: separate fact from speculation.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Peter Brown wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:47 pm Glenn Greenwald (a liberal, but one with a functioning brain) is by far the smartest journo to read. Anyone who believes our media should read this. A complete takedown of ‘sources’. Media should be embarrassed but aren’t. Orange Man Bad and all that.

It’s possible because news outlets have completely distorted the term “confirmation” beyond all recognition. Indeed, they now use it to mean the exact opposite of what it actually means, thereby draping themselves in journalistic glory they have not earned and, worse, deceiving the public into believing that an unproven assertion has, in fact, been proven. With this disinformation method, they are doing the exact opposite of what journalism, at its core, is supposed to do: separate fact from speculation.
The Duke lacrosse story & Dan Rather's reporting on W's service record were too good not to be true. It sounded just like them.
Other media outlets — including Associated Press and Fox News — now claim that they did exactly that: “confirmed” the Atlantic story. But if one looks at what they actually did, at what this “confirmation” consists of, it is the opposite of what that word would mean, or should mean, in any minimally responsible sense. AP, for instance, merely claims that “a senior Defense Department official with firsthand knowledge of events and a senior U.S. Marine Corps officer who was told about Trump’s comments confirmed some of the remarks to The Associated Press,” while Fox merely said “a former senior Trump administration official who was in France traveling with the president in November 2018 did confirm other details surrounding that trip.”

In other words, all that likely happened is that the same sources who claimed to Jeffrey Goldberg, with no evidence, that Trump said this went to other outlets and repeated the same claims... Or perhaps it was different sources aligned with those original sources and sharing their agenda who repeated these claims. Given that none of the sources making these claims have the courage to identify themselves, due to their fear of mean tweets, it is impossible to know.

But whatever happened, neither AP nor Fox obtained anything resembling “confirmation.” They just heard the same assertions that Goldberg heard, likely from the same circles if not the same people, and are now abusing the term “confirmation” to mean “unproven assertions” or “unverifiable claims” (indeed, Fox now says that “two sources who were on the trip in question with Trump refuted the main thesis of The Atlantic’s reporting”).

...journalism is not supposed to be grounded in whether something is “believable” or “seems like it could be true.” Its core purpose, the only thing that really makes it matter or have worth, is reporting what is true, or at least what evidence reveals. And that function is completely subverted when news outlets claim that they “confirmed” a previous report when they did nothing more than just talked to the same people who anonymously whispered the same things to them as were whispered to the original outlet.

Quite aside from this specific story about whether Trump loves The Troops, conflating the crucial journalistic concept of “confirmation” with “hearing the same idle gossip” or “unproven assertions” is a huge disservice. It is an instrument of propaganda, not reporting. And its use has repeatedly deceived rather than informed the public.
https://www.france24.com/en/20181112-tr ... -armistice
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

old salt wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:23 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:47 pm Glenn Greenwald (a liberal, but one with a functioning brain) is by far the smartest journo to read. Anyone who believes our media should read this. A complete takedown of ‘sources’. Media should be embarrassed but aren’t. Orange Man Bad and all that.

The Duke lacrosse story & Dan Rather's reporting on W's service record were too good not to be true. It sounded just like them.
Other media outlets — including Associated Press and Fox News — now claim that they did exactly that: “confirmed” the Atlantic story. But if one looks at what they actually did, at what this “confirmation” consists of, it is the opposite of what that word would mean, or should mean, in any minimally responsible sense. AP, for instance, merely claims that “a senior Defense Department official with firsthand knowledge of events and a senior U.S. Marine Corps officer who was told about Trump’s comments confirmed some of the remarks to The Associated Press,” while Fox merely said “a former senior Trump administration official who was in France traveling with the president in November 2018 did confirm other details surrounding that trip.”

In other words, all that likely happened is that the same sources who claimed to Jeffrey Goldberg, with no evidence, that Trump said this went to other outlets and repeated the same claims... Or perhaps it was different sources aligned with those original sources and sharing their agenda who repeated these claims. Given that none of the sources making these claims have the courage to identify themselves, due to their fear of mean tweets, it is impossible to know.

But whatever happened, neither AP nor Fox obtained anything resembling “confirmation.” They just heard the same assertions that Goldberg heard, likely from the same circles if not the same people, and are now abusing the term “confirmation” to mean “unproven assertions” or “unverifiable claims” (indeed, Fox now says that “two sources who were on the trip in question with Trump refuted the main thesis of The Atlantic’s reporting”).

...journalism is not supposed to be grounded in whether something is “believable” or “seems like it could be true.” Its core purpose, the only thing that really makes it matter or have worth, is reporting what is true, or at least what evidence reveals. And that function is completely subverted when news outlets claim that they “confirmed” a previous report when they did nothing more than just talked to the same people who anonymously whispered the same things to them as were whispered to the original outlet.

Quite aside from this specific story about whether Trump loves The Troops, conflating the crucial journalistic concept of “confirmation” with “hearing the same idle gossip” or “unproven assertions” is a huge disservice. It is an instrument of propaganda, not reporting. And its use has repeatedly deceived rather than informed the public.
https://www.france24.com/en/20181112-tr ... -armistice

The Duke fiasco is quite analogous to every TDS story. The same level of blind partisan rage and deceit.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

The former official, who declined to be named, largely confirmed reporting from Jeffrey Goldberg in The Atlantic magazine, which cited sources who said Trump rejected the idea of a cemetery visit and proceeded to refer to the fallen soldiers as "losers" and "suckers."

Trump has forcefully denied the report in The Atlantic.

Of course Trump is telling the trust this time.....

Like Daddy, Like Son
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Bingo.
https://www.thedailybeast.com/trumps-de ... an-jerk

He doesn't hate the troops, he just sounds like an A--Hole.

Trump routinely makes callous comments about US military personnel.
...it's because of the wars they're forced to fight, not the troops themselves.
https://twitter.com/SharylAttkisson/sta ... 5827356672

Sharyl Attkisson🕵️‍♂️
@SharylAttkisson Sep 3
Let me explain.
Scheduled "scandals" will be rolled out regularly between now & Nov. 3.
The media, politicos, propagandists pretend it's organic & pretend to be aghast.
Most of America understands what's going on.
After all, it's not exactly a new approach in politics.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:28 pm Bingo.
https://www.thedailybeast.com/jerk

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
there ain’t no bottom... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
njbill

Post by njbill »

“Scheduled scandals”? :lol:

It’s the last 60 days before the election. What do you expect?

I guess with Trump, there are so many scandals, they do need to be scheduled.

Wanna bet whether Trump has any October surprises he intends to roll out? The Durham Report for one. I’m sure Roger Stone is working on something. He has to earn that pardon.

I just hope that what Joe and the Dems still have yet to deploy will make the stuff we’ve seen so far look like kindergarten story time.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:25 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:10 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:25 pm
old salt wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:24 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:31 pm
old salt wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:40 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:27 pm
old salt wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:40 pm
CU88 wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:25 am President Trump has disparaged the intelligence of American military service members, asked that wounded veterans be kept out of military parades, and described service members who died in war as “losers,” “suckers,” and other insults. According to multiple unnamed senior aides who witnessed the remarks, in 2018 Trump declined to visit a cemetery where American war casualties were buried because he feared his hair would become disheveled in the rain, and remarked “Why should I go to that cemetery? It’s filled with losers.” On the same European trip, Trump described marines killed in battle as “suckers” for having lost their lives.
Anyone who would make a claim like that & not go in the record, is a gutless coward.
Like a guy that ducks the army claiming bone spurs....
It's just a job he wasn't interested in.
You were right!!
Per @JenGriffinFNC: This former official heard the President say about American veterans: “’What’s in it for them? They don’t make any money?’ It was a character flaw of the President: he could not understand why someone would die for their country, not worth it.”
You & Trump finally agree on something. It's a job. They volunteered.
You whining?
Again he tries to actually provide cover for Trump. Sad.

Now Fox News confirms the report...
:roll: ...that's hardly confirmation. FNC was just put in touch with the same 4 unnamed sources,
Believe Bolton. He has no reason to defend Trump. Bolton said Kelly recommended that Trump not go.
This was thoroughly covered when it happened. Trump went to a WWI cemetery closer to Paris the next day, also in the rain.
This is a desperate hail mary rehash by Biden, coordinated with his media lackeys.

Trump has made no secret about his feeling of futility for our losses in "endless wars". He ran on it.
As a young Ivy intellectual, did you never question the senseless carnage of WW-I, & ask why the US was dragged into a war between inbred European royalty, feuding over the spoils of empire. I know my USMC great uncle did, as he suffered from the effects of mustard gas the rest of his life. You obviously weren't enthused enough about Vietnam to volunteer.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Sharyl Attkisson🕵️‍♂️
@SharylAttkisson Sep 3
Let me explain.
The media, politicos, propagandists pretend it's organic & pretend to be aghast.
So says the paranoid, lying anti-vaxxer alleged "journalist" who cannot find enough people and organizations to sue to cover her lousy reporting.
Ever wonder why she is STILL not employed (and has not been for quite some time) in her field by ANYBODY?
Last edited by Kismet on Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Kismet wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:32 am

Sharyl Attkisson🕵️‍♂️
@SharylAttkisson Sep 3
Let me explain.
So says the paranoid, lying anti-vaxxer alleged "journalist" who cannot find enough people and organization to sue to cover her lousy reporting.
Ever wonder why she is not employed in her field by ANYBODY?

Why is it that Democrat’s are the ones who always say ‘if you don’t vote for me you ain’t black’ or ‘I support women just not that woman’?

The hypocrisy burns.

Also Sheryl Atkinson has more journalistic integrity in her pinkie than every mainstream journo combined. Every TDS story between here and 11-3 is a coordinated hit. Tuesday is Cohens book, when Democrats suddenly believe everything Michael Cohen says. :lol: :lol:
njbill

Post by njbill »

Peter Brown wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:23 am Every TDS story between here and 11-3 is a coordinated hit.
Let’s hope they work! 🤞

It’s everyone’s patriotic duty to do what they can to defeat Trump for the good of the country!
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

njbill wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:42 am
Peter Brown wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:23 am Every TDS story between here and 11-3 is a coordinated hit.
Let’s hope they work! 🤞

It’s everyone’s patriotic duty to do what they can to defeat Trump for the good of the country!

Unfortunately for you grasshopper, Trump is pulling away as we speak. You can thank your Antifa cousins for a lot of that; the rest was predictable.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Pulling away? :lol:

You might want to check the legit polls. Try RCP to see them all.

Pete, you do understand you are watching in the rearview mirror and that “pulling away” means he is falling behind, right?
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

njbill wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:16 am Pulling away? :lol:

You might want to check the legit polls. Try RCP to see them all.

Pete, you do understand you are watching in the rearview mirror and that “pulling away” means he is falling behind, right?

I feel for you, man. I feel for all the TDS-afflicted. 11-4 is going to be a dark day for you, you won't even be able to go to work you'll be so depressed. And I'll remind you, gently, that the warning signs were there, when you guys kept spiking the football saying 'Joe has a 15 point lead, Orange Man Bad, etc...'.

It's going to be glorious. But deserved.

My real question is: what then? What is your move at that stage, after Trump wins convincingly? Are even more Americans 'racists', 'sexists', etc? Or do you take a minute to do some soul searching of your own and realize most Americans reject elitism, nihilism, leftism? I'm so curious.
njbill

Post by njbill »

How is Trump going to get bailed out this year? No Comey. No wikileaks.

You better hope your boy has some good stuff up his sleeve.

What has Roger Stone been tasked with this year?

Maybe Rudy has finally found the goods on Joe in Ukraine.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Oh the sacrifice!

Donald Trump Jr.: “As we drove past the rows of white grave markers [at Arlington Cemetery], in the gravity of the moment...I also thought of...all the sacrifices we’d have to make—giving up a huge chunk of our business and all international deals.”

https://www.axios.com/donald-trump-jr-a ... 7892c.html

I am starting to like the trumps, they call it like they see it.

Military Suckers and Losers.

US Defense Budget has NEVER made a profit. What a Failure.

MAGA
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Return to “POLITICS”