Re: Syracuse 2023

Post by 10stone5 »

Top 10 ?
Memorial Day ?

We’ll see.
Finster

Post by Finster »

10stone5 wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 1:14 pm Top 10 ?
Memorial Day ?

We’ll see.

Can one of you guys start the ‘24 thread?
Powellfan22

Post by Powellfan22 »

Finster wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 1:21 pm
Memorial Day ?

We’ll see.

Why can't you?
Finster

Post by Finster »

Powellfan22 wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 2:03 pm
Memorial Day ?

We’ll see.

Why can't you?

Like the 22 jersey, I feel it’s an honor to be the thread starter; the new 2024 Syracuse thread should be started by an esteemed long time poster. I’m too new here.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Finster wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 9:13 am
Powellfan22 wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 2:03 pm
Memorial Day ?

We’ll see.

Why can't you?

Like the 22 jersey, I feel it’s an honor to be the thread starter; the new 2024 Syracuse thread should be started by an esteemed long time poster. I’m too new here.
They’re called “old heads” or “white caps”
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
molo

Post by molo »

Nice to see some respect for the older generation and elder statesmen. Take it, dmac.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

45wewantmore wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 7:31 am
Syracuse D has had far too many break downs in communication and individual errors to be competitive in the AC

I used to post on the syracuse.com Orange lax forum. A long while ago I said several times SU should remain indy and not join any conference. That joining the Big East and ACC would be a dead end for them. A few cynical ˢʰᵗᵗᵗᵗᵗᶠᵒʳᵇʳᵃᶦⁿˢ said I didn't know waddafeck I was talking about. Well, all these years later our Orange haven't exactly been world beaters in D1 lax. True, they have been competitive and in the NCAA tourny since 2010 when they stopped being indy. But in the old days SU fans on the now inactive forum considered anything less than a Championship round finale to be a losing season. I wonder what those geniuses are thinking now.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
JeremyCuse

Post by JeremyCuse »

Brooklyn wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 9:26 pm
Syracuse D has had far too many break downs in communication and individual errors to be competitive in the AC

I used to post on the syracuse.com Orange lax forum. A long while ago I said several times SU should remain indy and not join any conference. That joining the Big East and ACC would be a dead end for them. A few cynical ˢʰᵗᵗᵗᵗᵗᶠᵒʳᵇʳᵃᶦⁿˢ said I didn't know waddafeck I was talking about. Well, all these years later our Orange haven't exactly been world beaters in D1 lax. True, they have been competitive and in the NCAA tourny since 2010 when they stopped being indy. But in the old days SU fans on the now inactive forum considered anything less than a Championship round finale to be a losing season. I wonder what those geniuses are thinking now.
SU didn't have to join the BE in lacrosse but Desko made a calculated decision that it would ultimately benefit SU. The ACC argument is moot as once SU jointed the conference it joined for all sports, there was no scenario where the ACC was going to let them remain an indy for Lax or remain in the BE or whatever.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

JeremyCuse wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 12:31 am
Brooklyn wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 9:26 pm

SU didn't have to join the BE in lacrosse but Desko made a calculated decision that it would ultimately benefit SU. The ACC argument is moot as once SU jointed the conference it joined for all sports, there was no scenario where the ACC was going to let them remain an indy for Lax or remain in the BE or whatever.
Tying one to the other, as in Syracuse’s relative performance in/out of conference membership, as if ignoring all the other variables doesn’t make sense. The AQ forces everyone into a conference eventually in all sports. And frankly it would say something about the health of the sport at this level if any program did. Big East would’ve eventually made them join if they had not been marginalized.

There’s no evidence it was possible to remain independent or that it would’ve been a path of more success. That’s just taking two “datapoints” and saying “see clear and direct relationship and I was right!
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Giving up their indy status sure has done SU lax a whole lotta good. Not. But such is life ...
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Brooklyn wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 9:26 am

Giving up their indy status sure has done SU lax a whole lotta good. Not. But such is life ...
Can you say for sure how it would be today had they have even been able to which isn’t the case at all of course? It’s pointless because ACC membership just a few years later makes it pointless. What were they in the Big East for lacrosse for even a full class cycle?
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 9:31 am

Can you say for sure how it would be today had they have even been able to which isn’t the case at all of course? It’s pointless because ACC membership just a few years later makes it pointless. What were they in the Big East for lacrosse for even a full class cycle?

I don't have a crystal ball. All I can say is that things did not quite work out as predicted by those who said it would. The record speaks for itself.

Whatever the case, let's hope the good old days of lax success come back to Cuse.

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Brooklyn wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 9:39 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 9:31 am

I don't have a crystal ball. All I can say is that things did not quite work out as predicted by those who said it would. The record speaks for itself.

Whatever the case, let's hope the good old days of lax success come back to Cuse.
Correction, let’s hope the good old days of 1986 success come back and on future Kraus Simmons days.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 9:54 am

Correction, let’s hope the good old days of 1986 success come back and on future Kraus Simmons days.

I remain a yuge fan of the 1990 Championship team above all. GREATEST team of all time. Have the winning game on video disc though it is available on youtube. What a squad, what a time for Cuse lax fans!

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”