Johns Hopkins 2023

D1 Mens Lacrosse
HopFan16

Re: Johns Hopkins 2023

Post by HopFan16 »

jhu06 wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 12:55 pm "All 4 final 4 goalies are 60+save percentage"
"Rutgers has 7 grad students and 27 seniors"
"They are fast and physical at attack and midfield (cornell"
"They pick up groundballs you don't get that second chance against cornell"
"Another d3 grad transfer (from salisbury"
"Watch him use his size (bartolo) and brute force to score"
"These cornell attackmen can ride you (kirst 13ct)"

so many things in this game that have been missing from homewood, and that's just a portion of the comments from the broadcast and this game. A sense of urgency in turning over the roster, quality consistent goaltending, groundballs, size, physicality, force.
are you taking notes?

weird
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

HopFan16 wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 1:01 pm
jhu06 wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 12:55 pm "All 4 final 4 goalies are 60+save percentage"
"Rutgers has 7 grad students and 27 seniors"
"They are fast and physical at attack and midfield (cornell"
"They pick up groundballs you don't get that second chance against cornell"
"Another d3 grad transfer (from salisbury"
"Watch him use his size (bartolo) and brute force to score"
"These cornell attackmen can ride you (kirst 13ct)"

so many things in this game that have been missing from homewood, and that's just a portion of the comments from the broadcast and this game. A sense of urgency in turning over the roster, quality consistent goaltending, groundballs, size, physicality, force.
are you taking notes?

weird
actually it was just the goalie thing-which 51 did a post on midway through the 22 thread and then they kept coming fast and heavy.
Ruffled_Feathers

Post by Ruffled_Feathers »

The most interesting thing about your list is that none of the items you mentioned included anything referencing the great schemes or gameplan the coach drew up to make this happen...

It's almost like the games outcome hinges primarily on how well your players can play... ;)
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

Ruffled_Feathers wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 2:20 pm The most interesting thing about your list is that none of the items you mentioned included anything referencing the great schemes or gameplan the coach drew up to make this happen...

It's almost like the games outcome hinges primarily on how well your players can play... ;)
these were comments made by the broadcasters about the game they were broadcasting that I was quoting. Maybe one of the bored cornell diehards reading this fantasizing about monday can brief us on what percentage of their players today are PM's so that some baker underling can staple it to her wall for her.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

jhu06 wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 2:24 pm
Ruffled_Feathers wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 2:20 pm The most interesting thing about your list is that none of the items you mentioned included anything referencing the great schemes or gameplan the coach drew up to make this happen...

these were comments made by the broadcasters about the game they were broadcasting that I was quoting. Maybe one of the bored cornell diehards reading this fantasizing about monday can brief us on what percentage of their players today are PM's so that some baker underling can staple it to her wall for her.
You don't need a Cornell fan to tell you. PM was promoted to HC there in May 2017 and then left in April 2020. The vast majority of the players on that roster — including Kirst, Long, Adler, Kelleher, Petrakis, etc. — committed to Cornell during that timeframe, when PM was head coach. A couple of them committed earlier, when PM was still OC and then about half of their current freshman class came in after he left. But north of 75% of players are PM's recruits. Maybe Hopkins fans should give the guy who recruited Kirst/Long/Adler/etc. a chance to bring a couple of classes in the door at Homewood? Just a thought. I know, totally crazy.
Ruffled_Feathers

Found a link to this scrolling through lax twitter. For anyone who cares this is what JGJr moved on to...

https://www.epochlacrosse.com/john-gran ... r-advisor/
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

Ruffled_Feathers wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 2:43 pm Found a link to this scrolling through lax twitter. For anyone who cares this is what JGJr moved on to...

https://twitter.com/BCwlax/status/1530336967539367937

"Boston College is the most recent program to defeat Maryland in men or womens lacrosse at Homewood"-how long is that one going to hang up there?
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Ruffled_Feathers wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 2:43 pm Found a link to this scrolling through lax twitter. For anyone who cares this is what JGJr moved on to...

good for.him. hope there's some good cabbage in it.

remember o.c. tournament him and maybe jalbert were on an att line.
we were like "who the f*** are these guys?"
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

jhu06 wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 2:53 pm

https://twitter.com/BCwlax/status/1530336967539367937

"Boston College is the most recent program to defeat Maryland in men or womens lacrosse at Homewood"-how long is that one going to hang up there?
Interestingly enough, pretty sure that Hopkins is the most recent program to defeat Maryland at Byrd
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

I suspect he'll be doing a lot more than this....this doesn't seem like something that will require his full-time attention. Could see him having a much bigger presence in the box world, possibly in the NLL. He's already some kind of advisor for the new team based out of Texas
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

That’s a “we will throw you a couple of bones to rent your name since you weren’t planning on being unemployed at this time” position.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 3:41 pm

That’s a “we will throw you a couple of bones to rent your name since you weren’t planning on being unemployed at this time” position.
how does lacrosse have a ton of $ for facilities and scholarships but no $ to pay assistants?
CU77

Post by CU77 »

Different budgets, different fund sources.
HappyGilmore

Post by HappyGilmore »

jhu06 wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 11:27 pm
HappyGilmore wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 9:47 pm
Sagittarius A* wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 7:32 pm
Ruffled_Feathers wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 12:36 pm
This is not a sign that PM had his hand forced into anything or that only JHU guys work as coaches at JHU.
Aw c'mon. LOL
Definitely a good smart hire for the program, but I HIGHLY doubt Milliman had anything to with it.
This hire puts him squarely on the hot seat. He's the next fall guy; writing is on the wall.
Again, PM's best move at this point is to find an exit ramp while he still can.
Not sure I agree with Milliman not being involved. If he is as smart as some of you have said this is a good for him. I know that the JHU alumni pressure was getting to him. He also had communication issues with Jr. This will relieve the alumni pressure and he is getting a proven OC.
If you reread this profile you gain a sincere appreciation of who he is and what he's overcome in his personal life. I don't think he/the ad/or Daniels cares what alumni lacrosse or otherwise think and Daniels has made it abundantly clear that he delights in the tears of alumni yearning for "old hopkins".

https://hub.jhu.edu/magazine/2021/sprin ... -milliman/

that writer Mclaughlin btw is the best lacrosse writer by far right now.
Thanks for sharing the link. I may have a different read from the article than you. I think he cares very much what the alumni think. He just doesn’t show it publicly. I hope it works out for him at JHU. I think he cares very much about his players. I think he needs to open up with them and communicate better. Jr. was part of the commutation issue. Millman saw this and took care of it. Once again thanks for sharing the link.
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

HappyGilmore wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 6:12 pm
jhu06 wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 11:27 pm
HappyGilmore wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 9:47 pm
Sagittarius A* wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 7:32 pm
Ruffled_Feathers wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 12:36 pm
This is not a sign that PM had his hand forced into anything or that only JHU guys work as coaches at JHU.
Aw c'mon. LOL
Definitely a good smart hire for the program, but I HIGHLY doubt Milliman had anything to with it.
This hire puts him squarely on the hot seat. He's the next fall guy; writing is on the wall.
Again, PM's best move at this point is to find an exit ramp while he still can.
Not sure I agree with Milliman not being involved. If he is as smart as some of you have said this is a good for him. I know that the JHU alumni pressure was getting to him. He also had communication issues with Jr. This will relieve the alumni pressure and he is getting a proven OC.
If you reread this profile you gain a sincere appreciation of who he is and what he's overcome in his personal life. I don't think he/the ad/or Daniels cares what alumni lacrosse or otherwise think and Daniels has made it abundantly clear that he delights in the tears of alumni yearning for "old hopkins".

https://hub.jhu.edu/magazine/2021/sprin ... -milliman/

that writer Mclaughlin btw is the best lacrosse writer by far right now.
Thanks for sharing the link. I may have a different read from the article than you. I think he cares very much what the alumni think. He just doesn’t show it publicly. I hope it works out for him at JHU. I think he cares very much about his players. I think he needs to open up with them and communicate better. Jr. was part of the commutation issue. Millman saw this and took care of it. Once again thanks for sharing the link.
-new well liked alum oc
-his ex team is in the final
-he beat you know who that used to occupy his office
-they'll probably add some kids and have a fresher lineup of younger PM guys next fall not just petro holdovers and transfers
-I'm sure strong messages about the luncheons some of you were upset about were sent and will be addressed
-the martial law corona restrictions should be lifted at homewood next school year and I'm sure crawlys bffs who might not have been around last spring will be more engaged w/the program
-success of the ivies, delaware, rutgers, and struggles of acc/loyola/big east titans give hope that memorial day isn't just an acc/maryland only thing anymore
-should be a more optimistic fall than you'd think after that 22 campaign, but we'll see.
joewillie78

Post by joewillie78 »

Bored Cornell Diehards? Huh? How are we bored? We are "moonwalking" into the final on Monday. The last time I was this bored was when we won 42 in a row.

And yes, I am fantasizing about Monday. It reminds me of JANUARY 12, 1969.
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
Ruffled_Feathers

This discussion was happening during the multiple hour rain delay. Probably figured you guys like everyone else might be looking for something to do while waiting out the storm.
joewillie78

Post by joewillie78 »

Ruffled_Feathers wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 7:04 pm This discussion was happening during the multiple hour rain delay. Probably figured you guys like everyone else might be looking for something to do while waiting out the storm.
I had 4 sixes of FLOWER POWER. The only thing I was looking for during the break was the BOTTLE OPENER, as I love Ithaca Beer Company but none of their bottles are twist off.
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
DMac

Post by DMac »

joewillie78 wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 6:58 pm

Bored Cornell Diehards? Huh? How are we bored? We are "moonwalking" into the final on Monday. The last time I was this bored was when we won 42 in a row.

GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
Had to look that one up, Jw, thought maybe it was the day the Farrah Faucet poster came out.
joewillie78

Post by joewillie78 »

DMac wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 7:20 pm
joewillie78 wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 6:58 pm

GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
Had to look that one up, Jw, thought maybe it was the day the Farrah Faucet poster came out.
Lol Dmac. I actually had the Jacylyn Smith poster but the FF poster was also smoking.
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”