2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
seacoaster

Re: 2020 Elections - A Coming Reckoning?

Post by seacoaster »

Gabe Sherman, recounting the fact that Trump is Xi's pet President. I thought he hated those "ChiComms"? He's really asking for their assistance in a national election:

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/06 ... ng-to-hide

"John Bolton’s account that Donald Trump asked Chinese President Xi Jinping last June to buy more American farm products to help Trump’s reelection is so explosive that White House officials prevented Bolton from directly quoting Trump in Bolton’s new tell-all memoir. “I would print Trump’s exact words but the government’s prepublication review process has decided otherwise,” Bolton writes in The Room Where it Happened.

For months, Bolton has been in a standoff with the Trump administration over the book’s contents. Back in January, the White House sent a cease-and-desist letter to Bolton’s lawyer demanding that Bolton’s book not be released without the removal of certain details from the manuscript. Most recently, William Barr’s Justice Department filed a federal lawsuit asking the judge to block the release of the book next week. Vanity Fair has seen unredacted pages from the book and it’s clear why the White House tried to keep Trump’s words secret: they are deeply embarrassing and illustrate Trump’s naked politicization of America’s foreign policy.

According to an unredacted passage shown to Vanity Fair by a source, Trump’s ask is even more crudely shocking when you read Trump’s specific language. “Make sure I win,” Trump allegedly told Xi during a dinner at the G20 conference in Osaka, Japan last summer. “I will probably win anyway, so don’t hurt my farms.… Buy a lot of soybeans and wheat and make sure we win.”

(The White House did not respond to a request for comment.)

Bolton renders Trump’s interactions with President Xi in vivid detail. In the passages, Trump comes off like a needy supplicant. For example, at last year’s G20 dinner, with only interpreters present, Xi explained to Trump why China was building concentration camps for the country’s minority Uighur population. Trump allegedly told Xi he approved of the brutal human rights violation. “According to our interpreter, Trump said to Xi, ‘go ahead, you’re doing exactly the right thing.’” Bolton writes. Earlier in the same passage, Bolton writes that Trump told Xi on a phone call ahead of their G20 meeting: “I miss you,” and then said, “this is totally up to you, but the most popular thing I’ve ever been involved with is making a deal with China.… Making a deal with China would be a very popular thing for me
.’”

Another passage shows Trump’s racist views on immigration. Bolton describes how Trump derailed a White House meeting about Iran strategy by bringing up a right wing conspiracy that Black South Africans were killing white South African farmers and stealing their land. According to Bolton, Trump blurted out that he wanted to grant the white South Africans “asylum and citizenship
.”

All of the apparatus of our government mortgaged for the Trump reelection effort -- his Obama wannabe act.
njbill

Post by njbill »

The “make sure I win” comment suggests another angle on this case I had not considered.

Obviously, one of Bolton’s key defenses is that Trump’s censoring requests are politically motivated and are not driven by true national security concerns. I had been focusing on the stuff still in the book that Trump is now objecting to.

But the above comment is a classic example of Trump requesting that language be taken out for political reasons, not legitimate national security reasons.

It is a true smoking gun.

So not only will Bolton be able to argue that Trump’s new requested deletions are inappropriate, he will be able to point to the deletion requests from the outset (such as the above) to show a pattern and practice on Trump’s part to delete politically sensitive language from the book.

And, of course, this lawsuit will be dismissed on January 21 if Trump loses.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

njbill wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:49 pm The “make sure I win” comment suggests another angle on this case I had not considered.

Obviously, one of Bolton’s key defenses is that Trump’s censoring requests are politically motivated and are not driven by true national security concerns. I had been focusing on the stuff still in the book that Trump is now objecting to.

But the above comment is a classic example of Trump requesting that language be taken out for political reasons, not legitimate national security reasons.

It is a true smoking gun.

So not only will Bolton be able to argue that Trump’s new requested deletions are inappropriate, he will be able to point to the deletion requests from the outset (such as the above) to show a pattern and practice on Trump’s part to delete politically sensitive language from the book.

And, of course, this lawsuit will be dismissed on January 21 if Trump loses.
If true (and I think it likely is) it pretty much proves Schiff right: you know he won't learn any lesson; you know he will do it again and again until called to account.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

Amy K withdraws from VP consideration and recommends that the VP nominee be a woman of color.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

CU77 wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:27 am Amy K withdraws from VP consideration and recommends that the VP nominee be a woman of color.
Good Amy.
DNC Cash ensures you go along or you won’t get along.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Trump is pushing for more than the usual three debates, which is a sign he knows he is losing.

I have long thought that Trump would try to duck debates this year because he knows he is so terrible at them, with the only exception being if he was well behind which he is at the moment.

Trump must really be concerned because he has to know that there is a very good chance he will hurt his own chances in debates. He is hoping Biden will commit a major gaffe, which of course is possible.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/18/politics ... index.html
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:23 am
CU77 wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:27 am Amy K withdraws from VP consideration and recommends that the VP nominee be a woman of color.
Good Amy.
Just spinning? Or do you have any evidence of the threat you suggest here?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

seacoaster wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:21 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:23 am
Good Amy.
Just spinning? Or do you have any evidence of the threat you suggest here?
My take on her move is that she saw the historic moment we're in, recognized that her own path to being the next VP was highly unlikely, and decided to make as positive a situation out of it as she possibly could. It's what I like about her, her practical nature coupled with her looking for positives that can bring people together...too bad she's not the POTUS nominee, but she's going to be a player downstream regardless.

And we need more Amy Klobuchar's in the mix.
You can find her problem-solving, practical ilk on both sides of the aisle, at least usually, but the GOP is quite a mess right now. Trumpism is brutal. I like Tim Scott's stepping up...2024 possibilities.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

In the interview, she seemed quite emotional about the situation in Minneapolis, and said she felt that it was her duty to her state to do everything she could to help heal the wounds there.

Sure, you can write that off as spin if you like. Watching her in real time, I believed her.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

njbill wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:19 pm Trump is pushing for more than the usual three debates, which is a sign he knows he is losing.

I have long thought that Trump would try to duck debates this year because he knows he is so terrible at them, with the only exception being if he was well behind which he is at the moment.

Trump must really be concerned because he has to know that there is a very good chance he will hurt his own chances in debates. He is hoping Biden will commit a major gaffe, which of course is possible.

Biden should only agree to debates with no audience.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Klobuchar isn’t up for reelection until 2024 so I doubt it is about the DNC cash.

My daughter, a rabid Warren fan, thinks Amy did this to get back at Warren for her “post-it” remarks during the campaign. By throwing her support to one of the black candidates, my daughter thinks Amy is trying to undermine Warren’s chances.

I don’t agree and spent some time (unsuccessfully) trying to talk my daughter back off that ledge. I keep telling her that Warren isn’t going to get it, but she is still holding out hope.

Among other things, the Dems can’t afford to lose her Senate seat. The Massachusetts governor is Republican and would very likely appoint a Republican to replace her. Yes, there would be a special election at some point, but can you say Scott Brown?

My take is more along the lines of MD’s. I think she is trying to shore up support among her base.

Amy’s key job in the campaign is to ensure that Minnesota stays blue and perhaps help with Wisconsin.
njbill

Post by njbill »

CU77 wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:56 pm
njbill wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:19 pm Trump is pushing for more than the usual three debates, which is a sign he knows he is losing.

Biden should only agree if the moderators are Rachel Maddow, Chuck Todd, and Don Lemon. With a special appearance by Megyn Kelly to ask Trump about how all the lawsuits brought against him by the women he has assaulted are going.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

njbill wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:08 pm

Biden should only agree if the moderators are Rachel Maddow, Chuck Todd, and Don Lemon. With a special appearance by Megyn Kelly to ask Trump about how all the lawsuits brought against him by the women he has assaulted are going.
Megyn Kelly would indeed be fun.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Maybe they could sell it to Trump by telling him it would get boffo ratings.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Trump wants to put Biden on display as much as possible:

Biden appears to have started “the long goodbye.”

https://www.barelytherebiden.com/
CU88

Post by CU88 »

I don't see Biden doing any debates.
Why should he?

Be proactive now and say when o d releases all of his full tax return's, I will see him at the debates.
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
CU77

Post by CU77 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:51 pm Biden appears to have started “the long goodbye."
He's not the only one:

seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

CU77 wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:53 pm In the interview, she seemed quite emotional about the situation in Minneapolis, and said she felt that it was her duty to her state to do everything she could to help heal the wounds there.

Sure, you can write that off as spin if you like. Watching her in real time, I believed her.
Yes, that is why I asked Cosmo the question. She seemed pretty in earnest that now was not her time to leave the State behind.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

It will be interesting to see how the polls shake out.
In 2016 we regularly heard, “If you don’t vote for Hillary, you’re not a woman.”
Now we’re hearing, “If you don’t vote for Biden, “you’re not black.”
Much like Trump does- Democrats have a habit of deflecting and accusing others of their own sins.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:19 pm It will be interesting to see how the polls shake out.
In 2016 we regularly heard, “If you don’t vote for Hillary, you’re not a woman.”
Now we’re hearing, “If you don’t vote for Biden, “you’re not black.”
Much like Trump does- Democrats have a habit of deflecting and accusing others of their own sins.

Trump will win comfortably. Every single one of the persons who say they will vote for him will absolutely vote this Fall.

Return to “POLITICS”