Orange Duce

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
old salt

Re: Orange Duce

Post by old salt »

old salt wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:41 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:29 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:18 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:32 am
old salt wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:20 am
seacoaster wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:06 amI tried to explain why this is a silly and embarrassing endeavor elsewhere in this thread, and received OS's clever "TDS" moniker and sash.
.:lol:. ...you received the TDS moniker on when you attacked me as a toady for introducing some facts about our previous attempts to purchase Greenland. You earned the sash when you re-attacked me as a toady when I introduced some facts about what was actually happening with Huawei. You're resistant to facts & fond of name calling & personal attacking those who post facts that are counter to your narrative.
Nah, I said that if you keep acting like a toady, you won't get the benefit of the doubt when you try to have a conversation you see as reasonable and based on 'facts' you introduce.

That's the problem you're having Salty.

You've made repeatedly clear that you supposedly don't like various aspects of Trump's behavior, just favor some of his policies, yet object to those critiques of his behaviors. At literally every turn. That smacks of being a toady.

You repeat all sorts of nonsense about HOAX, DEEP STATE, FAKE NEWS, blah blah blah, you defend every jerk he appoints...and then try to normalize what he spews with"explanations" of what would be a reasonable policy, sorta consistent, with his spewing. We call BS, you claim TDS.

For instance, you say the military was talking about "purchasing Greenland". But the "facts" you posted say something quite different, that the military is interested in establishing some bases in Greenland, requiring both their approval and the sale of some land. HUGE difference, but hey, it's Trump, don't take him literally...
That's just your interpretation. Did you see Gillian Tett of FT on MSNBC yesterday ? Today on MSNBC's MJ it was reported that the a proposed Greenland purchase was a serious discussion item within the Trump Admin. We don't know if the Greenland story was leaked by the US or the Danes & if it was done to embarrass Trump &/or scuttle the effort before it could be raised as a serious proposal.
Sorry, that's exactly what you posted to suggest that this was a serious current discussion (you had earlier posted about Truman, then objected when we said, how about today).

I didn't watch Ms. Tett, but I did read the excerpts you (might have been someone else) posted about her comments, and those of another reporter. Military interested in some bases, concerned about global warming, private equity might want to look at Greenland for same reasons. All of that makes sense. But that ain't "purchasing Greenland".

But Trump's an idiot and a jerk. And you want to somehow normalize that.
It's quite possible that Trump got the idea from the Pentagon, months ago :
https://www.washingtonpost.com/business ... directive/

With melting ice making the region more accessible, the United States has been firm in trying to counter any moves by Russia and China in the Arctic. China declared itself a “near-Arctic nation” last year and has defended its desire for a “Polar Silk Road” in which Chinese goods would be delivered by sea from Asia to Europe.

China recently sought to bankroll the construction of three airports in Greenland, drawing concern from then-Defense Secretary Jim Mattis and prompting the Pentagon to make the case to Denmark that it should fund the facilities itself rather than rely on Beijing.

“Countries should be wary of piling on monumental debt, particularly ‘loan to own’ projects, that undermines their freedom of political action and sovereign choices,” a Pentagon official, Johnny Michael, said previously. “Beijing’s lack of transparency in its polar research, expeditionary activities and approach to natural resource development is also of concern.”
This sort of reaction to the leaked story could have something to do with Trump's cancellation :
The idea of a sale to the United States was also ridiculed Friday by politicians in Denmark, including Lars Løkke Rasmussen, who was the country’s prime minister until June and now serves as the leader of the opposition party.
“It must be an April Fool’s Day joke ... but totally out of season!” he wrote on Twitter.

“Greenland is rich in valuable resources such as minerals, the purest water and ice, fish stocks, seafood, renewable energy and is a new frontier for adventure tourism,” the ministry said in a tweet. “We’re open for business, not for sale.”
Greenland is a financial burden to Denmark. China's trying to buy their way in.
It's not out of the realm of possibility that the purchase idea resurfaced out of the Pentagon.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

old salt wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:47 pm
seacoaster wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:06 amI tried to explain why this is a silly and embarrassing endeavor elsewhere in this thread, and received OS's clever "TDS" moniker and sash.
.:lol:. ...you received the TDS moniker on when you attacked me as a toady for introducing some facts about our previous attempts to purchase Greenland. You earned the sash when you re-attacked me as a toady when I introduced some facts about what was actually happening with Huawei. You're resistant to facts & fond of name calling & personal attacking those who post facts that are counter to your narrative.
Nah, I said that if you keep acting like a toady, you won't get the benefit of the doubt when you try to have a conversation you see as reasonable and based on 'facts' you introduce.

You've made repeatedly clear that you supposedly don't like various aspects of Trump's behavior, just favor some of his policies, yet object to those critiques of his behaviors. At literally every turn. That smacks of being a toady.

You repeat all sorts of nonsense about HOAX, DEEP STATE, FAKE NEWS, blah blah blah, you defend every jerk he appoints...and then try to normalize what he spews with"explanations" of what would be a reasonable policy, sorta consistent, with his spewing. We call BS, you claim TDS.

For instance, you say the military was talking about "purchasing Greenland". But the "facts" you posted say something quite different, that the military is interested in establishing some bases in Greenland, requiring both their approval and the sale of some land. HUGE difference, but hey, it's Trump, don't take him literally...
That's just your interpretation. Did you see Gillian Tett of FT on MSNBC yesterday ? Today on MSNBC's MJ it was reported that the a proposed Greenland purchase was a serious discussion item within the Trump Admin. We don't know if the Greenland story was leaked by the US or the Danes & if it was done to embarrass Trump &/or scuttle the effort before it could be raised as a serious proposal.
Sorry, that's exactly what you posted to suggest that this was a serious current discussion (you had earlier posted about Truman, then objected when we said, how about today).

I didn't watch Ms. Tett, but I did read the excerpts you (might have been someone else) posted about her comments, and those of another reporter. Military interested in some bases, concerned about global warming, private equity might want to look at Greenland for same reasons. All of that makes sense. But that ain't "purchasing Greenland".

With melting ice making the region more accessible, the United States has been firm in trying to counter any moves by Russia and China in the Arctic. China declared itself a “near-Arctic nation” last year and has defended its desire for a “Polar Silk Road” in which Chinese goods would be delivered by sea from Asia to Europe.

China recently sought to bankroll the construction of three airports in Greenland, drawing concern from then-Defense Secretary Jim Mattis and prompting the Pentagon to make the case to Denmark that it should fund the facilities itself rather than rely on Beijing.

“Countries should be wary of piling on monumental debt, particularly ‘loan to own’ projects, that undermines their freedom of political action and sovereign choices,” a Pentagon official, Johnny Michael, said previously. “Beijing’s lack of transparency in its polar research, expeditionary activities and approach to natural resource development is also of concern.”
This sort of reaction to the leaked story could have something to do with Trump's cancellation :
The idea of a sale to the United States was also ridiculed Friday by politicians in Denmark, including Lars Løkke Rasmussen, who was the country’s prime minister until June and now serves as the leader of the opposition party.
“It must be an April Fool’s Day joke ... but totally out of season!” he wrote on Twitter.

“Greenland is rich in valuable resources such as minerals, the purest water and ice, fish stocks, seafood, renewable energy and is a new frontier for adventure tourism,” the ministry said in a tweet. “We’re open for business, not for sale.”
It's not out of the realm of possibility that the purchase idea resurfaced out of the Pentagon.
It’s easier to name call.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
ggait

Post by ggait »

I know nothing about Greenland beyond being barely able to find it on the map.

But I do know that this is yet another episode where Trump shows himself to be completely incompetent as a manager.

Perhaps acquiring Greenland was a reasonable idea that merited some attention (probably not, but let's go with it for discussion sake). If so, Trump completely cluster-forked it. Went nowhere, nicked off an ally, gets the whole western world laughing at him for being a rando goofball and a crybaby.

Possibly, Trump is playing 3D chess and we just can't see it. More likely, he is the forking moron that everyone who works for him says he is.
Boycott stupid. Country over party.
old salt

Post by old salt »

ggait wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:08 pm

But I do know that this is yet another episode where Trump shows himself to be completely incompetent as a manager.

Perhaps acquiring Greenland was a reasonable idea that merited some attention (probably not, but let's go with it for discussion sake). If so, Trump completely cluster-forked it. Went nowhere, nicked off an ally, gets the whole western world laughing at him for being a rando goofball and a crybaby.

Possibly, Trump is playing 3D chess and we just can't see it. More likely, he is the forking moron that everyone who works for him says he is.
Trump didn't broach the idea. Who leaked the story to the WSJ ?
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:13 pm

Pompeo
“I wish you would!”
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

Murf. Dafuq. Perhaps you haven't divined that 3pp here is Whichcoast from the former planet.
Witchcraft, Whichcoast...whatever! Not sure the planet from which you arrived. I'm positive we speak a different language here on Earth. Both Anthony and I have spent most of our lives on Earth. Ergo I was confused that you admonished me to "ease up" on Da Mooch. Apparently, my comment about him coming to and supporting such a worthy cause didn't sit right with you. The game has raised a substantial amount of money for the hospice.

I never agreed with his politics, in spite of the fact we're both Republicans...the old kind. But I respect him immensely. Few famous folks would have the courage to publicly share such an epiphanic experience. He a tough cookie. He can easily withstand the Scientology-like harassment he'll no doubt get from Trump Nation. And I'm sure the FanLax hate squad will have much to write as well.

Dubuque or Dafuq? I get the 2 confused. Dubuque...IOWA? Dafuq...an Island off the South Carolina coast?
ggait

Post by ggait »

Just more proof that Trump is a lousy boss/manager. If he was a good boss/manager and handled things in a competent and serious way, he wouldn't so often get fragged/leaked on by those who work for him.

The people who work for Trump don't respect him. They keep saying he's a forking moron. They keep saying Trump asks them to do crazy short. Their words not mine.
old salt

Post by old salt »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... story.html

Senior administration officials had discussed the possibility of offering Denmark a deal in which the United States would take over its annual $600 million subsidy to Greenland in perpetuity, said two people familiar with the talks who were not authorized to reveal the internal deliberations.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

old salt wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:47 pm

Actually, it is indeed out of the realm of possibility that the PURCHASE IDEA resurfaced out of the Pentagon. The Pentagon is not THAT stupid.

I’m sure the Pentagon has discussed the strategic importance of Greenland at some point (there is a military base there for a reason), but the idea of buying Greenland?!? No ...

... the PURCHASE IDEA has “stupid” and “ignorant” written all over it and could have originated only from the Dear Leader of the Party of Stupid and Ignorant ... one Donald John Trump.

DocBarrister :roll:
@DocBarrister
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Trump is tougher on Denmark than North Korea.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
ggait

Post by ggait »

Or said another way.

Which is more likely:

1. There's a big conspiracy to make Trump look like an idiot being led by the intelligence community, the media, the deep state, our allies, academics and Trump's own words and actions.

2. Trump is an idiot.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

r's love their hero o d, and will blame this on The Swamp, Media, Obama, emails, texts, etc....
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

She was nasty. Trump can’t allow a woman to be nasty. Women used to walk all over America. Not on his watch.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

Yeah, but think about how much better, with minimal effort, in 2025, the next President will look after this stick on the ground hurdle of low bar.

Did I hear correctly, VA Tech is requiring students to declare a "pronoun" ?

THese are your people, gait, your issues of nothingness put into the spotlite. Why big creepy Trump will win again. You've done nothing but turned off luke warm democrats from voting, at all, in 2020.
oligarchy thanks you......same as it evah was
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

ggait wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:42 pm Or said another way.

Which is more likely:

1. There's a big conspiracy to make Trump look like an idiot being led by the intelligence community, the media, the deep state, our allies, academics and Trump's own words and actions.

2. Trump is an idiot.
Can't it ever be both?
a fan

Post by a fan »

ABV 8.3% wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:17 pm Yeah, but think about how much better, with minimal effort, in 2025, the next President will look after this stick on the ground hurdle of low bar.
If you think Trumpfans are going to hold the next President to the Trump standard, you're crispy crackers.

They're going to remember Trump as a saint who never lied, never exaggerated, and was perfect in every way.

And they're going to hammer a D POTUS---if they manage to get elected-----for every word they utter.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

ABV 8.3% wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:18 pm
ggait wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:42 pm Or said another way.

Which is more likely:

2. Trump is an idiot.
Can't it ever be both?
I believe because both answers were provided....it is indeed both.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

a fan wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:25 pm
ABV 8.3% wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:17 pm Yeah, but think about how much better, with minimal effort, in 2025, the next President will look after this stick on the ground hurdle of low bar.
If you think Trumpfans are going to hold the next President to the Trump standard, you're crispy crackers.

They're going to remember Trump as a saint who never lied, never exaggerated, and was perfect in every way.

And they're going to hammer a D POTUS---if they manage to get elected-----for every word they utter.
Screw Em......trump fans. Especially if they call themselves GOP members. Fakes. It should be about spending spending spending. So what too what you think will happen (the D's LOVE to spend and spend, so they can't bash Trump for being one of them...a spender. IS this how it goes? )

Wrong......has the in your face lying hurt the GOP pretend CONservatives from getting elected? Sure you will.....repeal obamacare....sure you will. Pass everify. Done years ago , where U been? :roll:
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Trinity wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:41 pm Trump is tougher on Denmark than North Korea.
Great post; short, clear and correct.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/eu ... story.html

"President Trump on Wednesday attacked Danish Prime Minister Mette Frederiksen, saying she had made “nasty” comments about his interest in having the United States purchase Greenland.

Trump announced Tuesday night that he was abruptly calling off a planned two-day state visit to Copenhagen next month over Frederiksen’s refusal to entertain the sale of Greenland, a self-governing country that is part of the kingdom of Denmark.

Frederiksen told reporters Wednesday she was surprised by Trump’s change in plans and also lamented the missed opportunity to celebrate the historic alliance between Denmark and the United States, saying preparations for the visit had been “well underway.”

Frederiksen called the idea of the sale of Greenland “absurd” over the weekend after news broke of Trump’s interest — a characterization that apparently offended him."

Il Duce is a snowflake. Sad.
a fan

Post by a fan »

ABV 8.3% wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:31 pm (the D's LOVE to spend and spend, so they can't bash Trump for being one of them...a spender. IS this how it goes? )
Pelosi has voted yes for every one of Trump's four massive spending bills.

That's SHOULD tell TrumpFans what's happening-----but they pay zero attention to actual bills. Which, of course, is why Trump tweets about stupid cr*p every five minutes.

Government has never been bigger.

Return to “POLITICS”