media matters

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
DMac

Re: media matters

Post by DMac »

Big Sky Gov speaks.
NBC News
NBC News
Montana becomes first state to ban TikTok after governor signs bill into law
Story by Doha Madani • 28m ago
Must do something about this immediately!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTmfwklFM-M
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Fox to RepubliCON: you don't have evidence

CON to Fox: you hide evidence

Fox hides evidence? Am I hearing this right?

It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Treasonous right wing media makes a "retraction" of a FAKE NEWS matter they spent a week on previously:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VT2JdOS-NgE

Fox News host Laura Ingraham casually mentions that a story she and the network pushed for days about undocumented immigrants that completely made up. Small wonder why this FAKE NEWS network has been successfully sued for over a billion dollars.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

With another billion or so to go
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

CNN canned CEO Chris Licht this morning.

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/06/07/cnn-ceo ... ticle.html
old salt

Post by old salt »

So much for the attempt to steer CNN back to the center.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

old salt wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 5:50 pm So much for the attempt to steer CNN back to the center.
Think it is much deeper than that.

Their ratings are in the tank. Profits off like 30%. Lots of unhappy higher profile staff. The disastrous morning show rollout culminating with the very public firing of Don Lemon (certainly justified but executed poorly) and then having to move Kaitlyn Collins to 9:00PM slot to stem the bleeding there where they recently finished behind Newsmax in that time slot.

Malone and Zaslav will continue to push the move to the center right even if there is no room for CNN in that space.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Kismet wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:06 am CNN canned CEO Chris Licht this morning.

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/06/07/cnn-ceo ... ticle.html
He was cooked the day that Vanity Fair expose was released.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
old salt

Post by old salt »

Kismet wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 5:57 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 5:50 pm So much for the attempt to steer CNN back to the center.

Their ratings are in the tank. Profits off like 30%. Lots of unhappy higher profile staff. The disastrous morning show rollout culminating with the very public firing of Don Lemon (certainly justified but executed poorly) and then having to move Kaitlyn Collins to 9:00PM slot to stem the bleeding there where they recently finished behind Newsmax in that time slot.

Malone and Zaslav will continue to push the move to the center right even if there is no room for CNN in that space.
I hope their new owners will give them the time to do so & they don't chase ratings back to the hard left .

Despite the Trump town hall & Lemon controversy, I noted an increase in variety & depth of news content vs opinion.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

old salt wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 6:02 pm

I hope their new owners will give them the time to do so & they don't chase ratings back to the hard left .

Despite the Trump town hall & Lemon controversy, I noted an increase in variety & depth of news content vs opinion.
Well, Licht got a pretty quick hook. Of course, he deserved it. The 15000 word confessional to Tim Alberta at The Atlantic sent his bosses and staff over the edge. He's been replaced with some longer time executives already on staff with good track records. Perhaps they will do better - have to fix the profit and bleeding viewership and quickly.

No more former DOPUS town halls for sure.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Kismet wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 6:59 pm

Well, Licht got a pretty quick hook. Of course, he deserved it. The 15000 word confessional to Tim Alberta at The Atlantic sent his bosses and staff over the edge. He's been replaced with some longer time executives already on staff with good track records. Perhaps they will do better - have to fix the profit and bleeding viewership and quickly.

All a result of ‘The Trump Effect’. When he came down the escalator in 2015, every news agency was hiring staff to load up. They got swole on cash and it’s running dry now.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Given the way Fox is covering the indictment, it doesn't look like they've actually learned any lessons.

But they are removing those who actually put their intentional lying in writing...https://www.cnn.com/2023/06/09/media/fo ... index.html

Gotta think it was the stupidity of putting it in writing...
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Kismet wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 6:59 pm

Their coverage of the indictments has included a lot of Republican voices, and air time for former and current Trump lawyers.

Pretty straight. The takeaway is that this is super serious, very damning, but the politics may benefit Trump within the GOP primaries.

MSNBC has had some of those Trump people interviewed as well, but overall more tilted to 'damning'.

Fox is ridiculously over the top, wall to wall, apologists and direct attacks on law enforcement. No relief other than to briefly cut away to some other non indictment 'story'.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:12 pm Given the way Fox is covering the indictment, it doesn't look like they've actually learned any lessons.

But they are removing those who actually put their intentional lying in writing...https://www.cnn.com/2023/06/09/media/fo ... index.html

Gotta think it was the stupidity of putting it in writing...
... after watching a little CNN and MSNBC I tuned to Fox. Watched McCullum, Chaffetz, Levin and some new woman who was reasonable. The other three were pathetic. McCullum looked like she was going to breakdown crying, trying to cover it in a fair fashion, just couldn't do it. Levin was a call in, lying sack, no attempt to present the facts -- lots of deflection, what aboutism and anger. Chaffetz, was full of bad information but it wasn't clear he was just out right lying or just wasn't very well informed. Probably a little of both. The new woman made all three of them look pathetic and unprofessional.

Cavuto and Andrew McCarty did a segment. Cavuto did a good job. McCarthy was far better than the others of at least giving the appearance of non-partisanship while acting as a commentator.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:04 pmLevin was a call in, lying sack, no attempt to present the facts -- lots of deflection, what aboutism and anger.
I don't know how he maintains that anger all the time. I remember listening to him on the radio for the first time and half the show was yelling in anger. I guess it's a character, otherwise he'd have had a heart attack decades ago.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 7:34 pm
jhu72 wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:04 pmLevin was a call in, lying sack, no attempt to present the facts -- lots of deflection, what aboutism and anger.
I don't know how he maintains that anger all the time. I remember listening to him on the radio for the first time and half the show was yelling in anger. I guess it's a character, otherwise he'd have had a heart attack decades ago.
Ritalin
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 7:36 pm
Ritalin
Type A personalities are known for this.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:10 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 7:36 pm
Ritalin
Type A personalities are known for this.
I learned that folks who have a combination of adhd and anxiety often seek out the harder illegal version, aka cocaine. Has to do with a high overlap in low dopamine levels. I worry like hell that my son has very light/mold sensory deprivation so seeks out more physicality and related but that it’s really lower dopamine levels given my own experiences in life.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articl ... hd#effects

Excerpt

How does cocaine affect people with ADHD?

Person staring at paintings in a galleryShare on Pinterest
Grant Faint/Getty Images
As cocaine is a stimulant drug, it can cause feelings of increased energy and euphoria in people without ADHD.

However, in people with ADHD, cocaine may have a calming effect, as it increases dopaminergic transmission, which is dysfunctional in ADHD. Dopamine is a neurotransmitter involved in pleasure, motivation, and learning. Cocaine may, therefore, help people with ADHD manage symptomsTrusted Source of impulsivity, restlessness, and inattentiveness.

The drug affects certain brain structures, including the:

accumbens and ventral pallidum, which form the reward system
amygdala and hippocampus, which are responsible for working memory
orbitofrontal and subcallosal cortices, which play a role in volition
prefrontal cortex and cingulate gyrus, which are important for executive control
It inhibits the reuptake of dopamine, norepinephrine, and serotonin, meaning that more of these “pleasure chemicals” remain circulating in the blood.

The effects in people without ADHD include increased arousal, euphoria, and increased vigilance and alertness. However, individuals with ADHD may experience relief from the executive and behavioral dysfunctions that occur with the condition.

Are people with ADHD more susceptible to cocaine use disorder?

People with ADHD might be more susceptible to cocaine use disorder and other substance use disorders. For example, a 2014 reviewTrusted Source notes research in which 23% of young adults with substance use disorders also had ADHD.

In a 2021 Canadian studyTrusted Source involving 6,872 people aged 20–39 years, the participants with ADHD were significantly more likely to have a substance use disorder than those without the condition.

When considering cocaine specifically, some studies indicate that the prevalence of cocaine use among adults with ADHD is about 26%, with 1 in 10 individuals developing cocaine use disorder. Comparatively, in the general population, 1.9% of people aged 12 years and older will have used the drug in the last year.

Why may some people with ADHD use cocaine as a treatment?

There are many reasons why people with ADHD may “self-medicate” with cocaine. However, the primary reason is that the effects of cocaine on the brain may help alleviate some of the symptoms associated with ADHD.

Cocaine acts in a similar way to prescription medications on the systems that do not function as they should in people with ADHD. Using cocaine causes a surge in dopamine, making up for the lack of the chemical.

Cocaine use in ADHD may not produce the classic “rush” and high energy state that people without the condition often experience. Instead, those with ADHD may find that cocaine provides more focus and calm. This can be appealing to people who can feel as though they cannot keep up with the world around them.

However, a person should never consider cocaine use as a treatment for ADHD because of the associated risks of this illegal drug.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

FTR those of you unfamiliar with angry radio hosts probably never listened to a reformed FLP liberal named Michael Savage. :D
That is an odd but understandable observation. I've listen to Mr Levin on radio often. I hardly ever remember him going off the rails. I do know his legal prowess puts all of the dimestore amateur lawyers on this forum to shame. Y'all don't like that one little bit... :D
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:

Return to “POLITICS”