Race in America - Riots Explode in Chicago

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
tech37

Re: Race in America - Riots Explode in Minneapolis

Post by tech37 »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:09 pm
tech37 wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:58 pm... does this mean you're against All Lives Matter? You can't possibly understand how BLM may seem racist and exclusionary to many people who truly want us to treat each other equally? No empathy for those folks MPI?
The BLM movement is about the systematic racism *towards blacks*, not all people.
No fool'in... How then was Barack Obama president for eight years? Just a F'ing fluke?
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

tech37 wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:14 pm
tech37 wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:58 pm... does this mean you're against All Lives Matter? You can't possibly understand how BLM may seem racist and exclusionary to many people who truly want us to treat each other equally? No empathy for those folks MPI?
The BLM movement is about the systematic racism *towards blacks*, not all people.
No fool'in... How then was Barack Obama president for eight years? Just a F'ing fluke?
Or Rodney Miller and Ray McGuire.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:32 pm
youthathletics wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:20 pm If that were the case...why did he bother to pass legislation that supports black prisoners early releases. You guys make no damned sense. Use your heads from something other than a hat rack.
This is your idea of logic, then?

1. that bill applies to all prisoners, YA. But yes, most are black.

2. You think Trump is incapable of hypocrisy? You think he's consistent? Seriously? He can't even tell you what his own policies are.

And yet you think he's incapable of playing to the American racist because he signed a bill? 1+1= what, again?
Yes, logic, but for some reason you fail to see the First Step EO as having a meaningless value, which you agree is primarily for blacks; that is you guys only seeing blue. He also increased federal funding to HBCU's by 17%, close to 100 Million more than any other POTUS...lemma guess, that's throwing them the leftover chicken bones just to get their votes...right? Right!

WTH did 8 years of Biden and our first black POTUS do for the blacks...other than make matters worse or just kick the can down the road? He turned his head in Michigan in 2014 and then again w/Freddie Grey....probably upset he'd lose the union vote, but knew he'd never lose the black vote for his buddy Joe or HRC. Their only policy was more for transgenders and gays. But hey.....he did prove a black man can be president in such a racist country right? right. If we are keeping score that is 3 years of Trump=2, 8 years of BHO/BIDEN=0. ;)

Listen....I do not like Trump any more than you guys, but he is my POTUS and will do my best to keep things positive. Being a back seat driver all the time is like watching Housewives of New York....it's like nails on a chalkboard. I hate complainers....ever sat in a board room and have to endure that one guy that just bitches and moans all the time....its like a cancer.

~Stay Safe
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

“ ..ever sat in a board room and have to endure that one guy that just bitches and moans all the time....its like a cancer.”

Hundreds of times. And I’ve listened to the President whine for years now.
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:32 pm
a fan wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:32 pm
youthathletics wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:20 pm If that were the case...why did he bother to pass legislation that supports black prisoners early releases. You guys make no damned sense. Use your heads from something other than a hat rack.
This is your idea of logic, then?

1. that bill applies to all prisoners, YA. But yes, most are black.

2. You think Trump is incapable of hypocrisy? You think he's consistent? Seriously? He can't even tell you what his own policies are.

And yet you think he's incapable of playing to the American racist because he signed a bill? 1+1= what, again?
Yes, logic, but for some reason you fail to see the First Step EO as having a meaningless value, which you agree is primarily for blacks; that is you guys only seeing blue. He also increased federal funding to HBCU's by 17%, close to 100 Million more than any other POTUS...lemma guess, that's throwing them the leftover chicken bones just to get their votes...right? Right!

WTH did 8 years of Biden and our first black POTUS do for the blacks...other than make matters worse or just kick the can down the road? He turned his head in Michigan in 2014 and then again w/Freddie Grey....probably upset he'd lose the union vote, but knew he'd never lose the black vote for his buddy Joe or HRC. Their only policy was more for transgenders and gays. But hey.....he did prove a black man can be president in such a racist country right? right. If we are keeping score that is 3 years of Trump=2, 8 years of BHO/BIDEN=0. ;)

Listen....I do not like Trump any more than you guys, but he is my POTUS and will do my best to keep things positive. Being a back seat driver all the time is like watching Housewives of New York....it's like nails on a chalkboard. I hate complainers....ever sat in a board room and have to endure that one guy that just bitches and moans all the time....its like a cancer.

~Stay Safe
Sure you do

youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

seacoaster wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:09 pm “ ..ever sat in a board room and have to endure that one guy that just bitches and moans all the time....its like a cancer.”

touché ;) and that validates that both sides are guilty of just complaining, which is why my optimism is seen as 'trumpism'. Regardless of how many trolling posts and youtube videos TLD posts. :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:40 pm
seacoaster wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:09 pm “ ..ever sat in a board room and have to endure that one guy that just bitches and moans all the time....its like a cancer.”

touché ;) and that validates that both sides are guilty of just complaining, which is why my optimism is seen as 'trumpism'. Regardless of how many trolling posts and youtube videos TLD posts. :lol:
Pointing out your hypocrisy.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

tech37 wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:14 pm No fool'in... How then was Barack Obama president for eight years? Just a F'ing fluke?
There's no contradiction between there being systematic racism and there being a black president. especially when you look at how so many americans treated this president. and who these people elected as president after him.

tech, are you of the belief that there is no systematic racism in america?
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:47 pm
tech37 wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:14 pm No fool'in... How then was Barack Obama president for eight years? Just a F'ing fluke?
There's no contradiction between there being systematic racism and there being a black president. Really? Why not? That makes no sense. especially when you look at how so many americans treated this president. and who these people elected as president after him. How do you blame Trump voters when it was the Dem Party who nominated Hillary Clinton, arguably the worst POTUS candidate ever? Many moderates would not have voted for Trump had there been a better alternative. Now Biden? Your anger/hate is misdirected IMO.

tech, are you of the belief that there is no systematic racism in america? Belief? Why make it sound religious...hmmm. Is there a system that not everyone excels within, absolutely. Does race have anything to do with it? In this day and age, IMO, it's overstated.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

tech37 wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:15 pm system that not everyone excels within, absolutely. Does race have anything to do with it? In this day and age, IMO, it's overstated.
that is where, though i'm sure there are other splits in the road, where we part ways.
Caddy Day
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:32 pm Yes, logic, but for some reason you fail to see the First Step EO as having a meaningless value, which you agree is primarily for blacks; that is you guys only seeing blue. He also increased federal funding to HBCU's by 17%, close to 100 Million more than any other POTUS...lemma guess, that's throwing them the leftover chicken bones just to get their votes...right? Right!
YA, that's all great.

But that has NOTHING to do with your assertion, YA. You're telling us that "because Trump signed this one bill helping Blacks, it's metaphysically impossible for Trump to send dogwhistle messages to racists".

That's like saying because Obama told the truth once, it's impossible that he lied about why Benghazi was attacked. One has NOTHING to do with the other.

youthathletics wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:32 pm WTH did 8 years of Biden and our first black POTUS do for the blacks
Easy answer: Obamacare. Millions of black Americans helped by that.

And it wasn't 8 years. It was 2. After that, as you know, a President can't legislate. That's on McConnell.

You going to blame him?

I'd buy your optimism sales pitch if you were optimistic under Obama. You weren't. You all--well, except 6ft, he doesn't try to pretend to be anything other than a diehard partisan (tip of the hat for consistency on this-----you all put on this "boy, being President is hard, you should be patient" nonsense, forgetting you did no such thing when Obama was in office.

Case in point? Where's the optimism in what Obama did over 8 years, YA? "Whoops, I forgot to be optimistic". :lol: ;)
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

It's a simple as this- Gov. mandated empathy and citizens philosophically agreeing with every with law is NOT a thing. But equal protections under approved law IS.

If' you're in a position to make change, make change. Follow the laws. Vote in someone who thinks like you. If you're not, feel free to ignore and carry on.

99% of people treat others well, leave people alone and want to be left alone themselves.Those people follow the laws as written and aren't fraudulently denying loans, pulling people over for no reason, or calling the cops on bird watchers. If someone is doing those things, government needs to correct it and prosecute them. THe laws are there. Enforce them. File the complaint and grievance so it gets corrected. Vote.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

kramerica.inc wrote: 99% of people treat others well, leave people alone and want to be left alone themselves.
No way. Even with the relatively high levels of segregation in our country.
Caddy Day
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

So what’s your estimate of the percent?
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:45 pm
tech37 wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:15 pm system that not everyone excels within, absolutely. Does race have anything to do with it? In this day and age, IMO, it's overstated.
that is where, though i'm sure there are other splits in the road, where we part ways.
Fine. You talk about empathy but your empathy seems to flow in only one direction. Everyone is hurting right now. I'm afraid, IMO, you've fallen for a political movement that has seized an opportunity by using race as an excuse. A means to an end. Many people due to Covid shock and Trump overload are looking for any vehicle to vent their frustration but I'm afraid they're fallen for a false prophet. Critical thinking is a must, more than ever.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

tech37 wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:55 am
Matnum PI wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:45 pm
Fine. You talk about empathy but your empathy seems to flow in only one direction. Everyone is hurting right now. I'm afraid, IMO, you've fallen for a political movement that has seized an opportunity by using race as an excuse. A means to an end. Many people due to Covid shock and Trump overload are looking for any vehicle to vent their frustration but I'm afraid they're fallen for a false prophet. Critical thinking is a must, more than ever.

+1
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

Poor Lives Matter
They do, regardless of skin color.....imo, each of us has a role to perform the Golden Rule. As a country, we get about a C.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:23 pm
foreverlax wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:01 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:33 pm Life isn’t rocket science. Life is a series of choices. From the time you are a kid.

The vast majority of people who complain about life being hard are correct. And it’s even tougher when people make lousy decisions.

Show me someone, anyone, of any color, that has a “tough life.” Why is it tough? Almost every time I can point to a collection of bad choices, not institutional racism. Chose not to study, chose not to apply themselves, choose to go out and party, chose not to wear a condom. Guess what, later in life those small decisions add up. Now you don’t have the degree you need to move up in the world. Now you have a kid you need to support, with a lousy job. Now you can’t buy that bigger house or whatever else you need/want.

Life is hard. Even harder when you make bad decisions and expect good results. Don’t like your lot on life? Start working, start studying, start reading. Stop whining. Make better choices and better little decisions.
Bad choice can lead to a very tough life.

Good choices, while being black, can lead to a very tough life.

You can hide a lot of things, but your skin color is right there on your sleeve.
If you want it be a crutch. Crutch, maybe for some. /color]

Good choices, while being white, can lead to a very tough life.

Skin color is as relevant to people’s lot in life as their eye color, hair color or blood type. Skin color for a white guy is irrelevant

White male Christians have no clue what's relevant to non-white/non-male/non-Christians.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Tech, I have empathy for more than one person, more than one group of people. And I can empathize with this group for totally different reasons than that group. One of these groups is black Americans. They badly deserve our empathy. For me, politics has nothing to do with this.
Caddy Day

Return to “POLITICS”