2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
6ftstick

Re: 2020 Elections - A Coming Reckoning?

Post by 6ftstick »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:24 pm So you are saying black women aren’t ever capable of running a municipality or other form of government?
Hows that workin out in Seattle? Atlanta? Chicago? San Francisco? DC?

Defund the Police!
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Is that a confirmation that you don’t believe Black women are capable of running a municipality?

Atlanta is doing just fine. Ask peter because the south is killing it. My house had nearly doubled in 7yrs since purchase getting close to 7 figures early this year on a tree lined street with a lot of faux hippies (bc if it costs $500k for a starter home that’s a 100yr old A frame, 3bd,1.5ba you can’t really be a hippy despite sending your kids to Padeia). Mostly professors and CDC professionals. Little commercial district that’s authentic like Haight in 1970 bounding my neighborhood to the west and a well known golf course northbound called Druid Hills Country Club. To the East is an 84ac Park with a crappy 9 hole public I can walk over to with 3 clubs and a 12 pack w a buddy which sits across the street from an excellent public elementary school I walk my kids to when I’m not traveling. No fires, taxes are fine (for now, and admittedly I’m atlanta city but dekalb co for property tax purposes so get the best of both worlds-better schools and cheaper property taxes than Fulton Co), my kids were having a rain dance party on the street yesterday which I got a nice video of from my wife. Tell me your expertise with respect to Atlanta when you make your suggestions or claims with respect to Atlanta. Hope it’s more than having news feed alerts from QAnon.

Doesn’t Condelleza Rice run the BCS committee?
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
CU88

Re: 2020 Elections - CoronaPause

Post by CU88 »

ggait wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:31 pm
CU88 wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:01 am JUN. 15, 2020, AT 5:58 AM

How To Read 2020 Polls Like A Pro

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/ho ... ike-a-pro/
538 lists 47 national polls done in June. Good polls, bad polls, Dem polls, Rep polls, whatever polls.

Biden was ahead in 45 of them. Two were ties.

Wonder how that preposterous threatened lawsuit by the Trump Campaign against CNN over their poll is going?

Trump doing a bit better in the state polls, but not doing good.

Fingers crossed.

Let's go Joe! Let's go Joe!
Yes, fingers crossed. I am probably the most annoying non-Democrat Troll on these boards, as I despise the o d and all he stands for. I am still thinking that as the incumbent, he has the edge and is going to win re-election. He gets so much free media attention and everything he says and does gets broadcast across all forms of media.

However, I look back at 2016 and see that HRC had a lead in most polls and was outspending o d by 2:1.

If my reading is correct, right now o d & friends have already spent an nearly $200,000,000 on his behalf. The consultants are certainly getting rich, but Trump trails Biden by an average of eight points in polls, and his approval ratings are falling.

If anyone should understand the limits of a fundraising advantage, it’s o d. HRC spent nearly twice as much as o d did in 2016, and we saw how that turned out.
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

RedFromMI wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:28 pm She is not black, but the woman in charge in New Zealand has reduced their 'rona infection to zero. And they are now back to rugby live...

There are other examples (say Germany) where a woman in charge has led to better outcomes...

Yup, Maggie Thather in the UK.

I notice libs always leave her off their lists, even though she single handedly saved a ruined state.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:06 pm Is that a confirmation that you don’t believe Black women are capable of running a municipality?

Atlanta is doing just fine. Ask peter because the south is killing it. My house had nearly doubled in 7yrs since purchase getting close to 7 figures early this year on a tree lined street with a lot of faux hippies (bc if it costs $500k for a starter home that’s a 100yr old A frame, 3bd,1.5ba you can’t really be a hippy despite sending your kids to Padeia). Mostly professors and CDC professionals. Little commercial district that’s authentic like Haight in 1970 bounding my neighborhood to the west and a well known golf course northbound called Druid Hills Country Club. To the East is an 84ac Park with a crappy 9 hole public I can walk over to with 3 clubs and a 12 pack w a buddy which sits across the street from an excellent public elementary school I walk my kids to when I’m not traveling. No fires, taxes are fine (for now, and admittedly I’m atlanta city but dekalb co for property tax purposes so get the best of both worlds-better schools and cheaper property taxes than Fulton Co), my kids were having a rain dance party on the street yesterday which I got a nice video of from my wife. Tell me your expertise with respect to Atlanta when you make your suggestions or claims with respect to Atlanta. Hope it’s more than having news feed alerts from QAnon.

Look, I'm not hoping the libs and Antifa come to Buckhead and trash Lenox Square Mall, but short of that, I doubt you'll ever admit to how awful Atlanta truly is. Downtown is a dangerous oasis where every human bolts at five double zero. Traffic is 3rd world. Kirkwood may as well be Thunderdome.

The rest of Georgia is awesome.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:06 pm Is that a confirmation that you don’t believe Black women are capable of running a municipality?

Not enough "real Americans" live in Atlanta for PB's taste...
ggait

Post by ggait »

CU 88 -- Everyone has poll-watching PTSD after 2016. Nobody knows nuthin' until after the election is over.

But 2020 has several fundamentally different features than 2016. So much gets overlooked by saying that Hillary was leading, she lost, the polls were off -- so Trump can do it again. Ways 2020 is different:

Joe is MUCH better liked than Hillary ever was.
Trump dominated Hillary among those who disliked both candidates.
Currently, Joe is dominating Trump among those who dislike both.
2016 was a GOP home game because we'd previously had 8 Dem years.
Folks didn't think Trump could win, and so voting for him was made easier -- symbolic protest vote.
Since Hillary was a lock, that also made it easier to vote third party. 5% voted third party in 2016; don't see that for 2020.
Folks didn't think Trump would actually be like how he was during the campaign; now they know how he has been.
2016 was an open seat election.
2020 is primarily a Trump referendum election, and Trump is extremely unpopular.

Joe is not Hillary. Joe is in a much stronger position versus Trump than Hillary was. But you have to play the game out.

Bottom line seems to be that Trump is going to lose if (big ifs) Dems come out to vote, and are actually able to vote (Covid, GOP suppression efforts).
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

I live reasonably close to Kirkwood in Candler Park so I don’t think you have any idea what you are talking about. Was in a social club when I first moved to Atlanta called the Atlanta Diplomats to meet people, got sponsored in and it was a shallow adult fraternity with a ton of rich guys, most of whom are in CRE or “wealth managers” (basically retail financial advisors with a nicer title and their Rolodex of friends from Westminster and their parents friends to live on). Looked at Buckhead, Morningsife, VaHighlands, Candler Park and Inman for a year and probably well over 100 homes before buying. Buckhead is shallow, superficial and lame. Shiny but empty calories. I have friends and colleagues that live all over that neighborhood but Kirkwood, Memorial Ave, Cabbagetown, even south of I20 in East Atlanta has been turned over in the last decade. I can’t even pick up tax liens in these aforementioned neighborhoods anymore. The traffic is in Sandy Springs, Cobb Co and the suburbs, it’s not the city. Hell west side over to Bankhaeqd is being redeveloped as an extreme extension of Ga tech w student housing and retail. What you’re saying just isn’t true at all.

The rest of Georgia is awesome? You really don’t know anything about the state. Macon is a hell gole. North Georgia is a joke, we had a cabin on the cartecay River on the edge of Ellijay 15 mi from the foot of the AT trail at Amicalola St Park. Bought as a short sale From a blown up developer cheap coming out of the crisis when we first moved down there. Pretty area but the towns are run down except one tiny square in Ellijay and a few blocks in blue ridge supported by wealthy Atlanta people who can afford to visit or have places up the there. Albany Ga is a train wreck of poverty and bad attitudes, same for Columbus. Even Savannah is far larger than the 20 block grid near the river most tourists associate with the town. Go East from Atlanta? Augusta is grubby. There’s these little old money towns around lake Oconee but beyond the money, toms of poverty and bad stuff going on. My FIL bought a cabin at Cuscowilla few years ago and I used to rent a house at plantation for clients around masters so know that area well. Also used to do diplomat shooting (and then dancer and whatever other activities at the cabins) at Burge, a private club that’s the oldest working plantation in the south. The stretch from Macon to Savannah on 16 is a wasteland.

Trust me, I can speak to most of the state fairly well. You’re just not correct. Either made up, speculation or dishonesty but what you’re stating isn’t true.

Now I don’t love Atlanta for the superficiality, especially the Buckhead and related. When people want to make the stretch in buckhead the “rodeo drive of Atlanta” and developers building pricey loft apartments to be like NYC even though that’s down by necessity in Ny for adaptive reuse and not in a sprawl of a city like Atlanta with no effective boundaries. The mop headed old money crowd like kids at Pace Academy who punch and another kid and break their face and don’t get in trouble, the over inflated belief in their own lacking abilities by the money crowd, obsession with football and especially UGA which is one of the most overrated institutions on the planet if you really met more than say 100 grads. Emory also overrated, Ga State and Tech serve students far better. But none of those issues are specific to a region, it’s just the middle and upper class of Atlanta that I find boring,unoriginal and kind of full of s*%t. Hence finding the one pristine neighborhood, kept a the douchy hipsters out of Little Five Points. Got a huge nice park 3-4 blocks away, a good bbq spot three blocks away called Fox Bros, best burgers in the region nearby at vortex. Easy access out to Stone Mountain or to I20 as well as 285 which I try to avoid.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:48 pm

Apparently not in CNY or WNY like one or two posters he canals with. It’s northern and yet still part of his problem.

To be a real American I guess you have to inherit your money and live easy in a no tax state and opine on everyone else problems from a gilded seat.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

[quote="Peter Brown" post_id=157604 time=15922

literally....the BEST female rockNroll artist of all time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n14lwdpYkAA

Peter Brown.....why don't you buy US made firearms? commie bastard.

thanks for playing, doc B
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:02 pm I live reasonably close to Kirkwood in Candler Park so I don’t think you have any idea what you are talking about. Was in a social club when I first moved to Atlanta called the Atlanta Diplomats to meet people, got sponsored in and it was a shallow adult fraternity with a ton of rich guys, most of whom are in CRE or “wealth managers” (basically retail financial advisors with a nicer title and their Rolodex of friends from Westminster and their parents friends to live on). Looked at Buckhead, Morningsife, VaHighlands, Candler Park and Inman for a year and probably well over 100 homes before buying. Buckhead is shallow, superficial and lame. Shiny but empty calories. I have friends and colleagues that live all over that neighborhood but Kirkwood, Memorial Ave, Cabbagetown, even south of I20 in East Atlanta has been turned over in the last decade. I can’t even pick up tax liens in these aforementioned neighborhoods anymore. The traffic is in Sandy Springs, Cobb Co and the suburbs, it’s not the city. Hell west side over to Bankhaeqd is being redeveloped as an extreme extension of Ga tech w student housing and retail. What you’re saying just isn’t true at all.

The rest of Georgia is awesome? You really don’t know anything about the state. Macon is a hell gole. North Georgia is a joke, we had a cabin on the cartecay River on the edge of Ellijay 15 mi from the foot of the AT trail at Amicalola St Park. Bought as a short sale From a blown up developer cheap coming out of the crisis when we first moved down there. Pretty area but the towns are run down except one tiny square in Ellijay and a few blocks in blue ridge supported by wealthy Atlanta people who can afford to visit or have places up the there. Albany Ga is a train wreck of poverty and bad attitudes, same for Columbus. Even Savannah is far larger than the 20 block grid near the river most tourists associate with the town. Go East from Atlanta? Augusta is grubby. There’s these little old money towns around lake Oconee but beyond the money, toms of poverty and bad stuff going on. My FIL bought a cabin at Cuscowilla few years ago and I used to rent a house at plantation for clients around masters so know that area well. Also used to do diplomat shooting (and then dancer and whatever other activities at the cabins) at Burge, a private club that’s the oldest working plantation in the south. The stretch from Macon to Savannah on 16 is a wasteland.

Trust me, I can speak to most of the state fairly well. You’re just not correct. Either made up, speculation or dishonesty but what you’re stating isn’t true.

Now I don’t love Atlanta for the superficiality, especially the Buckhead and related. When people want to make the stretch in buckhead the “rodeo drive of Atlanta” and developers building pricey loft apartments to be like NYC even though that’s down by necessity in Ny for adaptive reuse and not in a sprawl of a city like Atlanta with no effective boundaries. The mop headed old money crowd like kids at Pace Academy who punch and another kid and break their face and don’t get in trouble, the over inflated belief in their own lacking abilities by the money crowd, obsession with football and especially UGA which is one of the most overrated institutions on the planet if you really met more than say 100 grads. Emory also overrated, Ga State and Tech serve students far better. But none of those issues are specific to a region, it’s just the middle and upper class of Atlanta that I find boring,unoriginal and kind of full of s*%t. Hence finding the one pristine neighborhood, kept a the douchy hipsters out of Little Five Points. Got a huge nice park 3-4 blocks away, a good bbq spot three blocks away called Fox Bros, best burgers in the region nearby at vortex. Easy access out to Stone Mountain or to I20 as well as 285 which I try to avoid.
You do anything lacrosse related in the area? Hit me up if you need any contacts, I know most of them.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:02 pm I live reasonably close to Kirkwood in Candler Park so I don’t think you have any idea what you are talking about. Was in a social club when I first moved to Atlanta called the Atlanta Diplomats to meet people, got sponsored in and it was a shallow adult fraternity with a ton of rich guys, most of whom are in CRE or “wealth managers” (basically retail financial advisors with a nicer title and their Rolodex of friends from Westminster and their parents friends to live on). Looked at Buckhead, Morningsife, VaHighlands, Candler Park and Inman for a year and probably well over 100 homes before buying. Buckhead is shallow, superficial and lame. Shiny but empty calories. I have friends and colleagues that live all over that neighborhood but Kirkwood, Memorial Ave, Cabbagetown, even south of I20 in East Atlanta has been turned over in the last decade. I can’t even pick up tax liens in these aforementioned neighborhoods anymore. The traffic is in Sandy Springs, Cobb Co and the suburbs, it’s not the city. Hell west side over to Bankhaeqd is being redeveloped as an extreme extension of Ga tech w student housing and retail. What you’re saying just isn’t true at all.

Atlanta is one of our best markets.....Holeman & Finch, Miller Union, Kimball House...

Ever hit the Ticonderoga Club? The man who runs that place was pretty much our first customer ever.....
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:04 pm

Apparently not in CNY or WNY like one or two posters he canals with. It’s northern and yet still part of his problem.

To be a real American I guess you have to inherit your money and live easy in a no tax state and opine on everyone else problems from a gilded seat.
Lol. I see you’ve been to Boca Grande where Little Petey lives under the Gasparilla Island Bridge.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

holmes435 wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:40 pm

You do anything lacrosse related in the area? Hit me up if you need any contacts, I know most of them.
[/quote

Have a couple of buddies who are involved, one who played on the ND title game in 2010 and one who was an older Hobart alum that worked for LB3 but what I could use is some in town contacts that could help get into a league for a 7 (soon to be 8) yr old boy and 5 (very soon, 6/19, to be 6) girl in town if possible. Most programs are in the burbs.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

a fan wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:28 pm

Atlanta is one of our best markets.....Holeman & Finch, Miller Union, Kimball House...

Ever hit the Ticonderoga Club? The man who runs that place was pretty much our first customer ever.....
Thought Ticonderoga was gone, from Krog St Mkt, but ironically they had spiedies (from upsstate NY, my hood) on the menu.
Holman is pretty good. Vortex burgers are still better than that special thing they run some nights on the cheap burgers, but I’ve has good food there. Not sure I know Kimball House but surely at least stumbled in there with a client at some point which is the case with almost any decent restaurant or bar in the area. My favorite spot is Tex Mex joint called agave and like the Kevin Rathbuns places. Tom Colicchio has a Craft for a minute when we first got down early last decade that had excellent food but Atlanta was ready for dope buffalo rib and shoulder braised for $50 and he happened to be in a bad luck location called the mansion but the food was excellent. After they left Del Friacos put a spot in but between food quality and service it gave a bad name to NYC DelFriscos.

You need to get into three spots: Hals, Bones and Chops. If it ever mattered I have some connections with the Buckhead Life group which has a few high end restaurants.

Miller Union has Pappy at semi reasonable prices not that long ago but gone for a bit.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:48 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:04 pm

Lol. I see you’ve been to Boca Grande where Little Petey lives under the Gasparilla Island Bridge.
Don’t know if I’ve been there but the younger brother of one of my best friends from binghamton ran a spot called the Boca Beach and Resort club. The whole family behaved like degenerates but Mensa level thinks in 1s and 0s genetically. My friend Charlie triple majored at Harvard in Math, engineering and computer science and the NSA paid for him to get a masters in math but he skipped PhD because “discrete math is nonsense”. His brother Ron, with a thin mustache and gold chains in HS, ended up at Cornell’s hotel school and then took high level lifestyle gigs like that for a while now lives in Denver and owns a couple of panini shops. I stayed there a few times when he was mgr at the hookup rate. Very sleek, wealth eurotash style to it, but at the rate I would pay plus free drinks and meals who cares.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

ggait wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:54 pm CU 88 -- Everyone has poll-watching PTSD after 2016. Nobody knows nuthin' until after the election is over.

But 2020 has several fundamentally different features than 2016. So much gets overlooked by saying that Hillary was leading, she lost, the polls were off -- so Trump can do it again. Ways 2020 is different:

Joe is MUCH better liked than Hillary ever was.
Trump dominated Hillary among those who disliked both candidates.
Currently, Joe is dominating Trump among those who dislike both.
2016 was a GOP home game because we'd previously had 8 Dem years.
Folks didn't think Trump could win, and so voting for him was made easier -- symbolic protest vote.
Since Hillary was a lock, that also made it easier to vote third party. 5% voted third party in 2016; don't see that for 2020.
Folks didn't think Trump would actually be like how he was during the campaign; now they know how he has been.
2016 was an open seat election.
2020 is primarily a Trump referendum election, and Trump is extremely unpopular.

Joe is not Hillary. Joe is in a much stronger position versus Trump than Hillary was. But you have to play the game out.

Bottom line seems to be that Trump is going to lose if (big ifs) Dems come out to vote, and are actually able to vote (Covid, GOP suppression efforts).
All sage points; fingers crossed.
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
cradleandshoot

Re: 2020 Elections - CoronaPause

Post by cradleandshoot »

CU88 wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:31 pm
ggait wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:31 pm
CU88 wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:01 am JUN. 15, 2020, AT 5:58 AM

How To Read 2020 Polls Like A Pro

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/ho ... ike-a-pro/
538 lists 47 national polls done in June. Good polls, bad polls, Dem polls, Rep polls, whatever polls.

Biden was ahead in 45 of them. Two were ties.

Wonder how that preposterous threatened lawsuit by the Trump Campaign against CNN over their poll is going?

Trump doing a bit better in the state polls, but not doing good.

Fingers crossed.

Let's go Joe! Let's go Joe!
Yes, fingers crossed. I am probably the most annoying non-Democrat Troll on these boards, as I despise the o d and all he stands for. I am still thinking that as the incumbent, he has the edge and is going to win re-election. He gets so much free media attention and everything he says and does gets broadcast across all forms of media.

However, I look back at 2016 and see that HRC had a lead in most polls and was outspending o d by 2:1.

If my reading is correct, right now o d & friends have already spent an nearly $200,000,000 on his behalf. The consultants are certainly getting rich, but Trump trails Biden by an average of eight points in polls, and his approval ratings are falling.

If anyone should understand the limits of a fundraising advantage, it’s o d. HRC spent nearly twice as much as o d did in 2016, and we saw how that turned out.
"He gets so much free media attention and everything he says and does gets broadcast across all forms of media."

If anybody is paying any attention the bat carp crazy stuff he keeps putting out everyday, that should be working against him.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

OH NO libs bad news.

A potential covid treatment breakthrough AND the retail sales numbers are 25% higher than expected.

Dow Jones futures are up almost 1000 points.

Better apply more pressure to that race war.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

6ftstick wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:55 am OH NO libs bad news.

A potential covid treatment breakthrough AND the retail sales numbers are 25% higher than expected.

Dow Jones futures are up almost 1000 points.

Better apply more pressure to that race war.
If you are talking about the steroid - reduces deaths for people on ventilators by a third, and 20% for those just on oxygen. Good start, but not a cure.

Dow futures are hardly meaningful at this point for the election, but it is nice that the numbers are up.

But when the question gets asked - are you better off than you were four years ago, Trump is still in big trouble, especially since his bad actions/inactions are directly related to death counts in the 100K+ instead of a couple of thousand. We are not able to open up like Japan, SK, New Zealand, and now parts of Europe...

Return to “POLITICS”