Sensible Gun Safety

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
cradleandshoot

Re: Sensible Gun Safety

Post by cradleandshoot »

OCanada wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2024 3:27 pm Dealing in stereotypes? The kids parents should be charged and tried with stiff penalties. Is recidivism a word you know?
Yes, and now thanks to you I even know how to spell it. Since you brought it up locally a couple of yutes driving a stolen car and trying to evade the police T boned a 92 year old man killing him instantly. The 17 year old yute driving the car was on parole and had been arrested 12 times over the course of one year. Yeah you read that right...12 times over the course of one year. Would that be what you might mean when you reference recidivism? :roll: I'm only asking for a friend.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2024 2:46 pm And through all of the outrage on this forum none of you ever mentions the scourge of illegal weapons. When you add up the carnage night after night in urban America it never registers a blip on The Nightly News with Lester Holt. Not even a peep about how many people are shot in Chicago on a typical weekend. :roll:
We do. And most everytime you bring it up too. But you just ignore it, glaze over and keep complaining.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2024 4:04 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2024 2:46 pm And through all of the outrage on this forum none of you ever mentions the scourge of illegal weapons. When you add up the carnage night after night in urban America it never registers a blip on The Nightly News with Lester Holt. Not even a peep about how many people are shot in Chicago on a typical weekend. :roll:
We do. And most everytime you bring it up too. But you just ignore it, glaze over and keep complaining.
It is not brought up with any intent about a sincere discussion about it. After the topic is given a brief glance y'all move back along the path of banning AR 15 type weapons.
Bob Ross:
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2024 4:07 pm
It is not brought up with any intent about a sincere discussion about it. After the topic is given a brief glance y'all move back along the path of banning AR 15 type weapons.
How about a compromise. You let the guys complaining about 5.56/2.23 10+ capacity semi-autos ban them, and we'll let you ban handguns. Deal?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2024 5:34 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2024 4:07 pm
How about a compromise. You let the guys complaining about 5.56/2.23 10+ capacity semi-autos ban them, and we'll let you ban handguns. Deal?
:lol:

come on cradle, YOU propose a solution to murders by handgun...whether "urban" or anywhere else. (I've done so at great length multiple times).

Putting aside that per capita murders are highest in districts run by R's, typically rural, yup, there is indeed a"scourge" of handgun murders in America, many happening in the poorest areas of the country regardless of who is in charge in that region. No one is denying that reality.

Tell us in detail what the policy (or policies) would be and how it or they would be implemented and paid for. Explain what would make it or them particularly effective, say to get us down to gun murder rate comparable to other major industrialized nations.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

He gets the W.T.F/C&S vote. They are pro school shooting.
“I wish you would!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2024 6:51 pm

Admit it, that video gave you an erection.
Bob Ross:
WaffleTwineFaceoff

Post by WaffleTwineFaceoff »

Wow. Quite the toxic Trifecta, TLD. Trolling, lying, and a personal attack achieved in a single post. Impressively sophomoric.
The only freedom which deserves the name is that of pursuing our own good in our own way, so long as we do not attempt to deprive others of theirs, or impede their efforts to obtain it. John Stuart Mill On Liberty 1859
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

WaffleTwineFaceoff wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 12:06 am

Wow. Quite the toxic Trifecta, TLD. Trolling, lying, and a personal attack achieved in a single post. Impressively sophomoric.
We're still waiting for your solution..........post anytime.
WaffleTwineFaceoff

Kismet wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 8:07 am
Does November 2023 work for you? This site has some nifty features. Such as searching user's posts. This thread. 11/14/23. Scroll down to the school/mass shooting intercept/offramp section. The section that outlines what experts - in the aftermath of Sandy Hook and at the behest of an Obama White House task force that included Biden - developed as a tool box to stop mass shootings BEFORE the day the shooter picks up a weapon and goes to school, church, workplace, club or mall.

The incident in Georgia, as facts emerge, is a textbook case of more than a year of missed intercept/offramp "see something, say something" opportunities by law enforcement, teachers, students, neighbors et. al with warning sirens BLARING. With a growing litany of numerous additional ancillary warning sirens being added in as more facts emerge, just for good measure. But folks here are dismissive and derisive regarding "see something, say something" as an incredibly powerful tool. Georgia is destined to be another textbook case of a shooting which should have been averted "a hundred times" in the days, weeks, months, and year BEFORE the day a trigger was pulled.

And now back to your regularly scheduled programming.
Last edited by WaffleTwineFaceoff on Sat Sep 07, 2024 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
The only freedom which deserves the name is that of pursuing our own good in our own way, so long as we do not attempt to deprive others of theirs, or impede their efforts to obtain it. John Stuart Mill On Liberty 1859
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

WaffleTwineFaceoff wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 8:36 am
This site has some nifty features. Such as searching user's posts. This thread. 11/14/23. Scroll down to the school/mass shooting intercept/offramp section. The section that outlines what experts - in the aftermath of Sandy Hook and at the behest of an Obama White House task force that included Biden - developed as a tool box to stop mass shootings BEFORE the day the shooter picks up a weapon and goes to school, church, workplace, club or mall.

The incident in Georgia, as facts emerge, is a textbook case of more than a year of missed intercept/offramp "see something, say something" opportunities by law enforcement, teachers, students, neighbors et. al with warning sirens BLARING. With a growing litany of numerous additional ancillary warning sirens being added in as more facts emerge, just for good measure. But folks here are dismissive and derisive regarding "see something, say something" as an incredibly powerful tool. Georgia is destined to be another textbook case of a shooting which should have been averted "a hundred times" in the days, weeks, months, and year BEFORE the day a trigger was pulled.

"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
WaffleTwineFaceoff

PizzaSnake wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 8:39 am
This site has some nifty features. Such as searching user's posts. This thread. 11/14/23. Scroll down to the school/mass shooting intercept/offramp section. The section that outlines what experts - in the aftermath of Sandy Hook and at the behest of an Obama White House task force that included Biden - developed as a tool box to stop mass shootings BEFORE the day the shooter picks up a weapon and goes to school, church, workplace, club or mall.

I assume you're trying to be clever and make some sort of point, but Google translate didn't come up with anything.

Enjoy your weekend, ladies and gentlemen.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Does November 2023 work for you? This site has some nifty features. Such as searching user's posts. This thread. 11/14/23. Scroll down to the school/mass shooting intercept/offramp section. The section that outlines what experts - in the aftermath of Sandy Hook and at the behest of an Obama White House task force that included Biden - developed as a tool box to stop mass shootings BEFORE the day the shooter picks up a weapon and goes to school, church, workplace, club or mall.

Apparently another amendment often gets in the way of your proposed solution - probable cause as a legal standard is quite high in most cases. Amazed that a proud constitutionalist misses this little nuance. The police knew about the kid and his family, they found them, interviewed them but could take any action because there is another amendment in this country that prevents it. Also in this case, they happened to MOVE to another place after the interview and sadly, that information never got to the new school and law enforcement. Mom is already a convicted criminal and that basic information never made it to the new school either.

Maybe some day you can rationalize for me why this country needs millions upon millions of semi-automatic weapons and makes it relatively easy to acquire them - (I understand why the companies that manufacture these weapons want more of them) - in fact there are more weapons than people - may explain why all the criminals have access to the same HUGE quantity and supply of firearms illegally - that are THAT easy to get.
WaffleTwineFaceoff

Kismet wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 8:51 am Apparently another amendment often gets in the way of your proposed solution - probable cause as a legal standard is quite high in most cases. Amazed that a proud constitutionalist misses this little nuance. The police knew about the kid and his family, they found them, interviewed them but could take any action because there is another amendment in this country that prevents it.
My second cup of coffee - I brewed up an A- this morning if I do say so myself (my spouse agrees) - is almost done and I shall direct my weekend toward doing a bunch of cool stuff. Fun is in the forecast.

Many folks here seem perfectly a-ok with red flag laws. I have my reservations, based on the feature the majority of such laws incorporate: The ex-parte part. I've expressed in at least a half dozen posts here my thoughts on allowing Red Flag laws that have checks and balances against abuses centered on the ex-parte part, and no consequences for those who abuse "throwing a red flag".

Many documented cases where disgruntled exes, co-workers, law enforcement, even judges, etc. have - knowing there are no consequences - steamrolled an innocent person. Removing the ex-parte part and imposing severe penalties (as in Felony/fines) for those abusing such laws would allow the selective activation of intervention which in the case of Georgia would have been very effective.

I hope that clears up my position - which I have stated many times here - regarding Red Flag laws. A potentially powerful tool for offramp/intervention which is in most instances being written in a way that provides no checks on abuses. The White House department of Gun Violence headed by Kamala has a statement on Red Flag laws with NO mention of protecting from abuses. That is why most folks look at Red Flag laws as flawed, and push back against them.

Okay, my excellent coffee is getting cold.

Have a nice weekend.
Last edited by WaffleTwineFaceoff on Sat Sep 07, 2024 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Typical Lax Dad

You are pro school shooting.
“I wish you would!”
WaffleTwineFaceoff

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 9:10 am

And you are deploying about 8 different logical fallacies to come up with that warped, slanderous, and patently false lie. I don't appreciate such a disgusting allegation. Administration has received a note from me to that effect. I would hope others on this thread would report your post, too, but I won't hold my breath.
Typical Lax Dad

WaffleTwineFaceoff wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 9:12 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 9:10 am

And you are deploying about 8 different logical fallacies to come up with that warped, slanderous, and patently false lie. I don't appreciate such a disgusting allegation. Administration has received a note from me to that effect. I would hope others on this thread would report your post, too, but I won't hold my breath.
You and people like you are also pro gun violence.
“I wish you would!”
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2024 4:03 pm
OCanada wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2024 3:27 pm Dealing in stereotypes? The kids parents should be charged and tried with stiff penalties. Is recidivism a word you know?
Yes, and now thanks to you I even know how to spell it. Since you brought it up locally a couple of yutes driving a stolen car and trying to evade the police T boned a 92 year old man killing him instantly. The 17 year old yute driving the car was on parole and had been arrested 12 times over the course of one year. Yeah you read that right...12 times over the course of one year. Would that be what you might mean when you reference recidivism? :roll: I'm only asking for a friend.
One way go duck the issue, its SOP for you. You provided no link or receipt. Where did the yute live
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

WaffleTwineFaceoff wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 8:42 am
PizzaSnake wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 8:39 am

I assume you're trying to be clever and make some sort of point, but Google translate didn't come up with anything.

Enjoy your weekend, ladies and gentlemen.
Use your inboard AI…
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."

Return to “POLITICS”