2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
cradleandshoot

Re: 2020 Elections - CoronaPause

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:34 am
get it to x wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:43 am
holmes435 wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:54 pm Image
Trust me when I say the Chinese Communist Party is excited about a Biden Presidency. They even put down a deposit.
"deposit"?
Or are you just trolling again, spewing the nonsense about Hunter Biden?
Enough with your BS MD. Everybody that disagrees with you or offends your sensitive moderate Republican nature is not a troll. Grow the eff up and stop your whining.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:22 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:13 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:39 am
ggait wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:24 am Joe’s great contribution to black folks would be if he sends trump packing.
+1

Let's be clear, Trump's an absolute disaster.

For all the faux whining about Biden's bona fides, there's zero question that Trump is a disaster.

Gotta go.
"For all the faux whining about Biden's bona fides"

That is why Joe better find hisself one super duper VP candidate. This is one more election for POTUS where the American people will will forced to choose between 2 extraordinarily substandard candidates for the highest office in the land. Joe Biden is a nice guy, but he also has a freaky creepy side to him that I don't get. I know one thing for sure, election season 2020 will be a huge embarrassment to this nation yet again. So Joe Biden is the best candidate you brain damaged Democrats have to put forward? Can some one on this forum correct me if I am wrong? I always thought the objective in a major political election was to nominate the very best person your party had to offer? If Joe Biden is the best you have to offer, well then shame on all of you Democrats. :?
Which could bring us to the old saying about not having to be so fast as to outrun a bear; just being fast enough to outrun the bear’s other meal option. ;-)
We were told that 2016 was a "binary choice"...between someone with a lot of public service history and someone we'd never seen in such a role. A majority of Americans chose the experienced person, but just enough chose the wild card to win the Electoral College.

Well, he's no longer a 'wild card'.
We know how much of a disaster he is. He ain't changing.

So, it's a much easier choice.
Those who actually like how much of jerk he is, how dishonest he is, will go for him.
Some who care far more about a particular policy than they do about all else, may stick with him.

But most of those who honestly thought he might just become "Presidential" and "grow into the job" are fed up.

Meanwhile, the Dem's 2020 candidate, for whatever warts one may ascribe, has nowhere's near the negatives of the 2016 Dem offering.

It'll be a really gross election season because there are no lows that the incumbent won't go, but we'll get through it.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:41 am
Trust me when I say the Chinese Communist Party is excited about a Biden Presidency. They even put down a deposit.
"deposit"?
Enough with your BS MD. Everybody that disagrees with you or offends your sensitive moderate Republican nature is not a troll. Grow the eff up and stop your whining.
Sorry, IMO get it to X was trolling with the "deposit" comment...let him speak for himself Cradle.

Have a cup of coffee, we're not actually enemies here.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:42 am
ggait wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:24 am Joe’s great contribution to black folks would be if he sends trump packing.
+1

For all the faux whining about Biden's bona fides, there's zero question that Trump is a disaster.

Gotta go.

That is why Joe better find hisself one super duper VP candidate. This is one more election for POTUS where the American people will will forced to choose between 2 extraordinarily substandard candidates for the highest office in the land. Joe Biden is a nice guy, but he also has a freaky creepy side to him that I don't get. I know one thing for sure, election season 2020 will be a huge embarrassment to this nation yet again. So Joe Biden is the best candidate you brain damaged Democrats have to put forward? Can some one on this forum correct me if I am wrong? I always thought the objective in a major political election was to nominate the very best person your party had to offer? If Joe Biden is the best you have to offer, well then shame on all of you Democrats. :?
Which could bring us to the old saying about not having to be so fast as to outrun a bear; just being fast enough to outrun the bear’s other meal option. ;-)
We were told that 2016 was a "binary choice"...between someone with a lot of public service history and someone we'd never seen in such a role. A majority of Americans chose the experienced person, but just enough chose the wild card to win the Electoral College.

Those who actually like how much of jerk he is, how dishonest he is, will go for him.
Some who care far more about a particular policy than they do about all else, may stick with him.

But most of those who honestly thought he might just become "Presidential" and "grow into the job" are fed up.

Meanwhile, the Dem's 2020 candidate, for whatever warts one may ascribe, has nowhere's near the negatives of the 2016 Dem offering.

It'll be a really gross election season because there are no lows that the incumbent won't go, but we'll get through it.

That phrase has always bothered me. In what manner did Hillary ever perform a public 'service'? She exited government with a massive pension, she was always paid handsomely throughout her career, and not for nothing, signed off on forming documents for a Foundation which at its core was nothing but a pay to play kickback scheme.

Public service to me is one of two things: working for peanuts for a real charity or putting your life on the line in the military or police. Hillary is a multi-millionaire; her 'service' was to herself.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

+1

Gotta go.

Explain how this is a disaster

Tax cuts

Reinvestments

U.S. Treasury reported a $182 billion budget surplus in April 2017, the largest April surplus since 2001 (and the second-largest in history)

The stock market was set to break 30K just priorr to the Chinese Virus

Renegotiated Trade with China (killed the TPP)—in our favor

Renegotiated Trade with Mexico and Canada—in our favor

Renegotiated Trade with the UK and the EU—in our favor

Improved the financial participation of allies in NATO

Energy Independence

Wiped out the Caliphate

Reduced illegal border crossings

Small Business Deregulation

Manufacturing jobs returned

More minorities employed than ever before

millions fewer Americans on food stamps

America was stronger safer and more fully employed than anytime postwar.

Yeh that all sucks. Gotta stop that train. Trump Trump Harumph Trump!
Last edited by 6ftstick on Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

6ftstick wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:56 am
+1

Gotta go.

Explain how this is a disaster

Tax cuts

Reinvestments

U.S. Treasury reported a $182 billion budget surplus in April 2017, the largest April surplus since 2001 (and the second-largest in history)

The stock market was set to break 30K just priorr to the Chinese Virus

Renegotiated Trade with China(killed the TPP)

Renegotiated Trade with Mexico and Canada

Improved the financial participation of allies in NATO

Energy Independence

Wiped out the Caliphate

Reduced illegal border crossings

Small Business Deregulation

More minorities employed than ever before

millions fewer Americans on food stamps

America was stronger safer and more powerful than anytime postwar.

Yeh that all sucks. Gotta stop that train. Trump Trump Harumph Trump!

He made fun of a New York Times reporter. That's all they need.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:49 am
+1

Gotta go.

That phrase has always bothered me. In what manner did Hillary ever perform a public 'service'? She exited government with a massive pension, she was always paid handsomely throughout her career, and not for nothing, signed off on forming documents for a Foundation which at its core was nothing but a pay to play kickback scheme.

Public service to me is one of two things: working for peanuts for a real charity or putting your life on the line in the military or police. Hillary is a multi-millionaire; her 'service' was to herself.
I'm not a Hillary fan either PB, didn't vote for her. Went Libertarian as protest vote (liked the VP, not the P candidate, but still better than the two main candidates).

But, nah, I consider anyone who works in government, including the politicians, to also be public servants. Some are miserable "servants" but that's their role nevertheless.

IMO, Hillary lost because lots of people, too many such in a few key states, thought her "public service" was more about her own ego than "service" to them.

I don't think they have or can make that same argument, legitimately, about Joe.

And we know that Trump is ALL about his own ego, his own pocketbook.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:10 am
+1

Gotta go.

I'm not a Hillary fan either PB, didn't vote for her. Went Libertarian as protest vote (liked the VP, not the P candidate, but still better than the two main candidates).

But, nah, I consider anyone who works in government, including the politicians, to also be public servants. Some are miserable "servants" but that's their role nevertheless.

IMO, Hillary lost because lots of people, too many such in a few key states, thought her "public service" was more about her own ego than "service" to them.

I don't think they have or can make that same argument, legitimately, about Joe.

We all know NO SUCH THING.

Hillary lost because more than half the country saw that she held them in contempt and that she would drive the country further left than most of us were comfortable with.

Tell us how Joe Biden has improved the country in 5 decades of service.

Tell us how when Joe Biden can't piece together a coherent thought that he should be the most powerful man in the world.
Last edited by 6ftstick on Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

+1

Gotta go.

I'll repeat this often: Joe Biden is a good man. I am, however, very concerned with whom he chooses as his number 2 and I do not think he will last a full four years. He should choose Corey Booker or Amy Klobuchar (if it must be a woman as he has stated) but I do not think either will make the grade, for different reasons. Either pick makes him an easy winner.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

6ftstick wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:13 am
+1

Gotta go.

We all know NO SUCH THING.
ahhh, yes, 39% of Americans haven't yet come to that, IMO rather obvious, conclusion.
Note I didn't say "we ALL know"...the 39% remain afflicted by TDS.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:43 am
"deposit"?
Sorry, IMO get it to X was trolling with the "deposit" comment...let him speak for himself Cradle.

No we are not enemies quite the contrary. You just seem to have become real comfortable playing the trolling card on a regular basis. What you consider trolling I read as people speaking their minds. There are FLP and FRC folks that do it here every day on this forum. I disagree with you in that I don't think they baiting people into a response. I often times write and post things that I know people here will disagree with vehemently. I am not trolling anybody just to tick them off. If I post something that may be irritating to some folks, those were my thoughts at the time. When people think I am off my rocker, then they tell me so. It is not out of my wheelhouse to read why they think I am nuts and sometimes they are are right. When I know I am wrong, I will always admit it to everyone on this forum. All of our opinions are just that, unless there is a deliberate attempt to twist the facts.
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:14 am
+1

Gotta go.

I'll repeat this often: Joe Biden is a good man. I am, however, very concerned with whom he chooses as his number 2 and I do not think he will last a full four years. He should choose Corey Booker or Amy Klobuchar (if it must be a woman as he has stated) but I do not think either will make the grade, for different reasons. Either pick makes him an easy winner.
Well, PB, here's the thing...let's say you're right and he doesn't make it 4 years and the #2 gets the job for a couple of years...then we have another election in 2024. Let's say the #2 is some sort of far left firebrand radical (and presumably a woman, given Biden has already committed, and likely a black woman given the current climate) and we need to grind through her couple of years in office.

The GOP would then have an easier time of regrouping and putting up a candidate who can re-expand the GOP base to something that can actually compete for a majority of Americans' support.

Tragedy?
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:23 am
+1

Gotta go.

Well, PB, here's the thing...let's say you're right and he doesn't make it 4 years and the #2 gets the job for a couple of years...then we have another election in 2024. Let's say the #2 is some sort of far left firebrand radical (and presumably a woman, given Biden has already committed, and likely a black woman given the current climate) and we need to grind through her couple of years in office.

The GOP would then have an easier time of regrouping and putting up a candidate who can re-expand the GOP base to something that can actually compete for a majority of Americans' support.

Tragedy?

Not in the least PROVIDED elections remain fundamentally honest. America always has a positive outcome even when times seem dark.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

+1

Gotta go.

Tragedy?
I hate to say this MD, but I believe it to be very true. Both parties have to take into consideration who will nominate judges for the next 4 years. That is not a reason to vote for Trump, don't get me wrong. I think it is fairly obvious by now that the nomination of judges from both sides is predicated on a certain legal mindset. You have to know that the judges you nominate will have your back. It ain't suppose to be that way. That calling balls and strikes nonsense has been shown to be what it is. If your POTUS has nominated you well then... wink, wink, nod, nod, wink, wink you know what your president expects you to do.
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:18 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:43 am
"deposit"?

No we are not enemies quite the contrary. You just seem to have become real comfortable playing the trolling card on a regular basis. What you consider trolling I read as people speaking their minds. There are FLP and FRC folks that do it here every day on this forum. I disagree with you in that I don't think they baiting people into a response. I often times write and post things that I know people here will disagree with vehemently. I am not trolling anybody just to tick them off. If I post something that may be irritating to some folks, those were my thoughts at the time. When people think I am off my rocker, then they tell me so. It is not out of my wheelhouse to read why they think I am nuts and sometimes they are are right. When I know I am wrong, I will always admit it to everyone on this forum. All of our opinions are just that, unless there is a deliberate attempt to twist the facts.
And I don't think I've ever accused you of trolling, cradle.
I'll certainly tell you when I think you're off your rocker, but we then actually discuss our disagreement.

IMO, get it to X's "deposit" crack was to engender a negative response, not discourse. A trolling post.

That said, I wasn't sure... which is why I used a question mark.

I think, but don't know for sure, that he was referring to Hunter Biden.

I think he knows full well that Hunter Biden (and by implication Joe) never received a nickel from China...despite all the far right memes and disinformation about such.

Of course, he may have been referring to something else, in which case it may well have not been a trolling post but actually a reference to something else he may wish to share...I've not only been wrong many times before, but also can be under informed on some topic, so I want to leave the door open for either of such.

But if my hunch about his intent was correct, then IMO (IN MY OPINION), his post was trolling.
Feel free to disagree.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:32 am
+1

Gotta go.

Tragedy?
I hate to say this MD, but I believe it to be very true. Both parties have to take into consideration who will nominate judges for the next 4 years. That is not a reason to vote for Trump, don't get me wrong. I think it is fairly obvious by now that the nomination of judges from both sides is predicated on a certain legal mindset. You have to know that the judges you nominate will have your back. It ain't suppose to be that way. That calling balls and strikes nonsense has been shown to be what it is. If your POTUS has nominated you well then... wink, wink, nod, nod, wink, wink you know what your president expects you to do.
Well, if that's what it comes down to (it does not for me as I think there are WAY more important issues at stake), then I say give the Dems, even the radical leftist of the bunch Dems, 4 years of judges. The GOP (my party) has controlled the Senate 60% of the past 20 years, including the last 6 years and has had the POTUS gig for 12-8 of those years (60%), and 24-16 (60%) of the past 40. I'm ok with the Dems getting some judges through the gauntlet the next 4 years.

In 2024, this dynamic may be more important to me, but not until there's a tougher choice between the POTUS candidates than there is in 2020.

Right now, this is a slam dunk to me.

Now, if the Dems are smart and play a long game (I'm not betting on this), they may play it relatively 'straight' on their nominations and nominate super talented, experienced folks to these judge positions and likewise look for ways to unify the populace in various policy matters. They will focus on competence in government over blind ideology.

If they do so, it will be much tougher to displace them, and the groundswell of demographics will keep them in relatively strong power for a couple of decades.

But I wouldn't bet on that from the Dems. But I'm okay with giving them a crack at it.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

6ftstick wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:13 amTell us how when Joe Biden can't piece together a coherent thought that he should be the most powerful man in the world.
Sez the guy who genuflects before The Donald and his "ideas" on a daily basis. Sorry, anything he says about Joe Biden just can't be taken seriously.

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:32 am
+1

Gotta go.

Tragedy?
You know, the pity was: Garland was actually a Judge pretty much straight down the middle.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

dislaxxic wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:52 am
6ftstick wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:13 amTell us how when Joe Biden can't piece together a coherent thought that he should be the most powerful man in the world.
Sez the guy who genuflects before The Donald and his "ideas" on a daily basis. Sorry, anything he says about Joe Biden just can't be taken seriously.

https://www.foxnews.com/shows/ingraham-angle

https://www.foxnews.com/shows/ingraham-angle

Return to “POLITICS”