2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Andersen

Re: 2020 Elections - CoronaPause

Post by Andersen »

Trump is renewing his Campaign Rally in Tulsa of all places and on Juneteenth of all dates. Very troubling...reminiscent of when Governor Reagan made the decision to open his 1980 presidential campaign in Philadelphia, Mississippi, It was code then, it’s code now.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Andersen wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:48 am Trump is renewing his Campaign Rally in Tulsa of all places and on Juneteenth of all dates. Very troubling...reminiscent of when Governor Reagan made the decision to open his 1980 presidential campaign in Philadelphia, Mississippi, It was code then, it’s code now.
So.....besides the crime bill,, what did Joe Biden do to help systemic racism?

Talk about code.........
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Pretty interesting Editorial from the Post:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... story.html

"AFTER A shambolic election two years ago — and several examples of poorly run primaries leading up to this week — one might have imagined that Georgia would have prepared better for its Tuesday primary vote. Instead, polling places in and around Atlanta were swamped and lines stretched for hours as poll workers struggled with new voting machines and sanitation procedures. Georgia’s experience confirmed that the coronavirus pandemic, combined with the sort of Election Day incompetence that has for years been a sad fixture of American democracy, threatens the integrity of the November presidential election. There is hardly anything more important than getting voting procedures and technology right over the next five months.

Unfortunately, many Republican politicians continue to manipulate voting rules for partisan advantage, exploiting the pandemic as an opportunity to suppress voting. The latest example is in Iowa. The state held a notably successful primary last Tuesday that smashed turnout records despite the closure of many polling places, in large part because the state’s Republican secretary of state sent every voter an absentee ballot application. That allowed local officials to consolidate in-person voting locations without causing the sorts of massive backups that marred primaries in Wisconsin, the District and Georgia.

Republican lawmakers in Iowa saw that success and apparently concluded that it should not be repeated. Just days after the primary, a state Senate committee advanced a bill that would bar the secretary of state from sending out absentee ballot applications to voters who have not requested them. Though voters in many states have complained that they never got the absentee ballots they requested, the Iowa legislation would make it harder for election officials to process absentee voter requests. It would also ban them from consolidating many polling places, even though the pandemic is likely to lead to a pressing shortage of poll workers and intensive pandemic precautions should be observed. The Des Moines Register points out that these moves come on top of the legislature’s probably illegal efforts to force felons to pay restitution before being able to vote.

To be sure, sending mail-in ballot applications to all voters and consolidating polling places do not guarantee a smooth Election Day. The District did both and still saw long lines, in part because officials closed too many locations. Georgia’s secretary of state sent out absentee ballot applications two months before the state’s primary, yet many voters still complained that they never received the mail-in ballots they asked for.

Even so, imagine how much worse the votes in the District and Georgia would have been if even fewer people had obtained mail-in ballots. And imagine how bad it could get if lots of poll workers refuse to show up to staff voting locations, forcing chaotic last-minute closures.

If Republicans fear that more people voting hurts them — and President Trump has explicitly said this is the case — the honorable response is to change their candidates or their policies. Instead, the party seeks to impose more electoral disasters on people who should feel nothing but fed up
."

Yeah, we can't just, you know, let people vote.
njbill

Post by njbill »

runrussellrun wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:40 pm So.....besides the crime bill,, what did Joe Biden do to help systemic racism?
Well, he did make peace with Corn Pop.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

runrussellrun wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:40 pm
Andersen wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:48 am Trump is renewing his Campaign Rally in Tulsa of all places and on Juneteenth of all dates. Very troubling...reminiscent of when Governor Reagan made the decision to open his 1980 presidential campaign in Philadelphia, Mississippi, It was code then, it’s code now.

Talk about code.........

Not only did he promote the crime bill and all its add-on effects (ruining generations of black families), another thing that Joe will need to answer for is he opposed forced busing.

Let's talk about code.
Andersen

Post by Andersen »

Andersen wrote: ↑Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:48 am
Trump is renewing his Campaign Rally in Tulsa of all places and on Juneteenth of all dates. Very troubling...reminiscent of when Governor Reagan made the decision to open his 1980 presidential campaign in Philadelphia, Mississippi, It was code then, it’s code now.

Talk about code.........
Served as Vice-President to a Black President for eight years?
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Andersen wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:30 pm
Andersen wrote: ↑Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:48 am

Talk about code.........
Served as Vice-President to a Black President for eight years?

Hanging around Michael Jordan for 8 years doesn't mean you also get to start on the All-Star team
Andersen

Post by Andersen »

But playing on the same team for eight years sure doesn't hurt.
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

Andersen wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:39 pm But playing on the same team for eight years sure doesn't hurt.
Playing is one thing. Joe was "riding the pineys". Joe's big moment was calling the ACA a "big effin deal". And getting a Ukrainian prosecutor fired.
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Regression to our mean? Let the weak set the pace? Nice ... :roll:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Maybe she's related to Corn Pop?

If we need that extra push over the cliff, ya know what we do...eleven, exactly.
ggait

Post by ggait »

Joe’s great contribution to black folks would be if he sends trump packing.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

ggait wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:24 am Joe’s great contribution to black folks would be if he sends trump packing.
+1

Let's be clear, Trump's an absolute disaster.

For all the faux whining about Biden's bona fides, there's zero question that Trump is a disaster.

Gotta go.
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

holmes435 wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:54 pm Image
Trust me when I say the Chinese Communist Party is excited about a Biden Presidency. They even put down a deposit.
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Trust me when I say all of our enemies and adversaries across the world want Trump to win in November, because they understand that the nation will continue to have deep partisan division, ineffective leadership, feckless functionaries, and mercenary little turds like Jared running the show here. Vote for Trump and you'll be able to say (and I paraphrase) "I stood against America when it really mattered."
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:39 am
ggait wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:24 am Joe’s great contribution to black folks would be if he sends trump packing.
+1

For all the faux whining about Biden's bona fides, there's zero question that Trump is a disaster.

Gotta go.
"For all the faux whining about Biden's bona fides"

That is why Joe better find hisself one super duper VP candidate. This is one more election for POTUS where the American people will will forced to choose between 2 extraordinarily substandard candidates for the highest office in the land. Joe Biden is a nice guy, but he also has a freaky creepy side to him that I don't get. I know one thing for sure, election season 2020 will be a huge embarrassment to this nation yet again. So Joe Biden is the best candidate you brain damaged Democrats have to put forward? Can some one on this forum correct me if I am wrong? I always thought the objective in a major political election was to nominate the very best person your party had to offer? If Joe Biden is the best you have to offer, well then shame on all of you Democrats. :?
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

seacoaster wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:00 am Trust me when I say all of our enemies and adversaries across the world want Trump to win in November, because they understand that the nation will continue to have deep partisan division, ineffective leadership, feckless functionaries, and mercenary little turds like Jared running the show here. Vote for Trump and you'll be able to say (and I paraphrase) "I stood against America when it really mattered."
It’s going to be interesting to see congressional Rs pivot on a dime to anti-Trump rhetoric that first Wednesday in November. They’re all going to want to tell us how they behaved the way they did to keep a cohesive party together. Unfortunately for them there’s audio and video.

It won’t be all sunshine and roses, but let’s hope this Trump experiment has pushed elected officials on both sides of the aisle to a realization that governing can’t be about making the other side out to be the enemy.
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:13 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:39 am
+1

Gotta go.
"For all the faux whining about Biden's bona fides"

That is why Joe better find hisself one super duper VP candidate. This is one more election for POTUS where the American people will will forced to choose between 2 extraordinarily substandard candidates for the highest office in the land. Joe Biden is a nice guy, but he also has a freaky creepy side to him that I don't get. I know one thing for sure, election season 2020 will be a huge embarrassment to this nation yet again. So Joe Biden is the best candidate you brain damaged Democrats have to put forward? Can some one on this forum correct me if I am wrong? I always thought the objective in a major political election was to nominate the very best person your party had to offer? If Joe Biden is the best you have to offer, well then shame on all of you Democrats. :?
Which could bring us to the old saying about not having to be so fast as to outrun a bear; just being fast enough to outrun the bear’s other meal option. ;-)
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

get it to x wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:43 am
holmes435 wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:54 pm Image
Trust me when I say the Chinese Communist Party is excited about a Biden Presidency. They even put down a deposit.
"deposit"?
Or are you just trolling again, spewing the nonsense about Hunter Biden?

Return to “POLITICS”