2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Kismet

Re: 2020 Elections - CoronaPause

Post by Kismet »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:46 am
RedFromMI wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:58 am PB - have you ever considered that the militarization of communities by the police along with the easy availability of weapons has something to do with that situation?

Or that not paying a decent wage makes some people resort to means outside the system to survive?

No - I think you just would rather deflect and refuse to deal with the actual problems. Keep those uppity folks in line.

"Or that not paying a decent wage makes some people resort to means outside the system to survive?"

Then why was it during the years of the great depression the country was not inundated with crime and protests? Everybody was poor, every family was struggling. They dealt with the situation as best they could. They did not go out and steal and loot and rob people. IMO the big difference was in my parents generation of poverty you still played by the rules. There was a different sense of morality and common decency among the people struggling just to make ends meet. That in the 30s was a survival mentality which today has been replaced by an entitlement mentality.
I guess you never heard of Al Capone, Lucky Luciano and John Dillinger among others? :oops:
Prohibition also contributed as well

https://www.history.com/topics/great-de ... depression
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Kismet wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:56 am
RedFromMI wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:58 am PB - have you ever considered that the militarization of communities by the police along with the easy availability of weapons has something to do with that situation?

Or that not paying a decent wage makes some people resort to means outside the system to survive?

No - I think you just would rather deflect and refuse to deal with the actual problems. Keep those uppity folks in line.

"Or that not paying a decent wage makes some people resort to means outside the system to survive?"

Then why was it during the years of the great depression the country was not inundated with crime and protests? Everybody was poor, every family was struggling. They dealt with the situation as best they could. They did not go out and steal and loot and rob people. IMO the big difference was in my parents generation of poverty you still played by the rules. There was a different sense of morality and common decency among the people struggling just to make ends meet. That in the 30s was a survival mentality which today has been replaced by an entitlement mentality.
I guess you never heard of Al Capone, Lucky Luciano and John Dillinger among others? :oops:
Prohibition also contributed as well

https://www.history.com/topics/great-de ... depression
They were not representative of mainstream America. I do get your point, they took advantage of the system but they all found themselves dead at the hands of the FBI, except Capone and Luciano.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Actually, early in the Great Depression crime did increase - in particular murder along with the rise of criminal gangs like with Al Capone. Bootlegging, bank robbery, and loan sharking became more common. But a combination of recovery in 1934-7 coupled with WPA, CCC, and other federal work programs the rates soon declined again. And helping to lower the murder rate was the National Firearms Act of 1934, which outlawed the open ownership of things like machine guns and sawed-off shotguns (redefined as destructive devices).
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

RedFromMI wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:06 am

Actually, early in the Great Depression crime did increase - in particular murder along with the rise of criminal gangs like with Al Capone. Bootlegging, bank robbery, and loan sharking became more common. But a combination of recovery in 1934-7 coupled with WPA, CCC, and other federal work programs the rates soon declined again. And helping to lower the murder rate was the National Firearms Act of 1934, which outlawed the open ownership of things like machine guns and sawed-off shotguns (redefined as destructive devices).
My parents grew up in old Dutchtown in Rochester NY. It was a mix of German/ Italian/ Irish immigrants. My grandparents on both sides would have beaten any of their kids silly if they stole a piece of gum. The vast majority of these folks stood together as families and and made an honest living to get through the hardest part of the depression. It would have been the tiniest minority of them that ever broke the law. I grew up with all of the stories of the depression and how my parents got through it. My grandfather told this story at my sisters wedding reception in 1974. In their backyard was railroad tracks that ran east and west.

Often times in the middle of winter the coal cars would be parked in their back yard on those tracks. It would have been illegal to hop up on the cars and shovel out the coal. The railroad cops would have been all over that. They took a more unique approach. They would hit the sides of the coal cars with hammers and the vibrations would send coal tumbling over off the side. They would then scoop up what had fallen out of the cars. Was it devious? Yes it was. Was it illegal? No it was not. What was important to me was it was important to my grandfather that they were not stealing the coal. My grandfathers comment stuck with me all these years. There was no way he was going to let his family freeze with that coal parked in his backyard.
Bob Ross:
ggait

Post by ggait »

Joe's basement strategy working like a charm.

Just let Trump keep showing the voters who he really is.

Polls from key states are also pointing to trouble for Trump. The R.C.P. database lists thirteen states as battlegrounds: Arizona, Florida, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Nevada, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, Virginia, and Wisconsin. According to R.C.P.’s poll averages, Trump is leading in just three of these states—Iowa, North Carolina, and Texas—and only in Iowa is his advantage more than three percentage points. In Arizona, Florida, and Ohio, all of which Trump carried in 2016, Biden is slightly ahead. And in Michigan, which was another linchpin of Trump’s 2016 victory in the Electoral College, a new poll released on Monday showed Biden doubling his lead, to twelve points, compared with a survey that the same pollster, EPIC-MRA, took in January.

Caveats:

1. It is still early.
2. Trump has like a trillion dollars in the bank that he's going to use to spew truckloads of disinformation. And also all those Russian bots.
3. GOP deeply committed to keeping younger/darker people from voting.

Example yesterday's Georgia shirt show.

Example Iowa GOP trying to shut down the Iowa SOS (a Republican fyi) from mailing absentee applications to all voters. Why? Because Iowa just set a new record for primary election turnout after the SOS sent applications for mail-in ballots to all registered voters. We just can't have all those people voting!!!!

Let's go Joe! Let's go Joe!

https://www.newyorker.com/news/our-colu ... nald-trump
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
njbill

Post by njbill »

As the very stable genius says, if everyone votes, Republicans lose.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Pete, since it looks like Florida is going blue, I guess you’ll need to move to Mississippi. Biloxi looks nice.

You’ll feel right at home. You’ll still be on the Gulf. And, best of all for you, the Jefferson Davis presidential library is nearby.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

njbill wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:35 pm Pete, since it looks like Florida is going blue, I guess you’ll need to move to Mississippi. Biloxi looks nice.

You’ll feel right at home. You’ll still be on the Gulf. And, best of all for you, the Jefferson Davis presidential library is nearby.

:lol:

This state gets more red every day. We accept the (mostly Republican) wealthy/sane from states that are constantly squeezing the creators and job earners from states like NY, CT, NJ, IL, you know, the states going bankrupt and allowing folks to loot stores.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:26 pm
njbill wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:35 pm Pete, since it looks like Florida is going blue, I guess you’ll need to move to Mississippi. Biloxi looks nice.

This state gets more red every day. We accept the (mostly Republican) wealthy/sane from states that are constantly squeezing the creators and job earners from states like NY, CT, NJ, IL, you know, the states going bankrupt and allowing folks to loot stores.
So, Brown, ....when tRump wins this fall, THAN he will stop illegals from working and taking jobs from US Citizens?

He will be fiscally conservative?

Tell, us exactly, what you like about his policies. He clearly hasn't made you any happier.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

runrussellrun wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:15 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:26 pm

So, Brown, ....when tRump wins this fall, THAN he will stop illegals from working and taking jobs from US Citizens?

He will be fiscally conservative?

Tell, us exactly, what you like about his policies. He clearly hasn't made you any happier.

Not happy?!?!? Whatcha talkin' 'bout Willis! Guaranteed I am the happiest guy on this board except maybe Brook who lounges on my tax dollars with his massive sweet guvvy pension.

Also, I'm pro-immigration, so happy to see that continue.

So far as his policies that make me happy, I guess you start here:

https://www.nasdaq.com/articles/nasdaq- ... 2020-06-10

And then of course there is that other choice (D), and I guess you could start here:

https://twitter.com/MarkHiggie1/status/ ... 12384?s=20

I just don't know which side to choose, it's do difficult....please help me!!!!!

RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Things are getting a little desperate in Trump campaignland. Campaign is upset that a recent CNN poll showing a Biden lead is wrong and must be withdrawn:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/10/politics ... index.html
Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump's campaign is demanding CNN retract and apologize for a recent poll that showed him well behind presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden.

The demand, coming in the form of a cease and desist letter to CNN President Jeff Zucker that contained numerous incorrect and misleading claims, was immediately rejected by the network.

"We stand by our poll," said Matt Dornic, a CNN spokesman.

The CNN poll conducted by SSRS and released on Monday shows Trump trailing the former vice president by 14 points, 55%-41%, among registered voters. It also finds the President's approval rating at 38% -- his worst mark since January 2019, and roughly on par with approval ratings for one-term Presidents Jimmy Carter and George H.W. Bush at this point in their reelection years -- and his disapproval rating at 57%.

In the letter to Zucker, the Trump campaign argued that the CNN poll is "designed to mislead American voters through a biased questionnaire and skewed sampling."

"It's a stunt and a phony poll to cause voter suppression, stifle momentum and enthusiasm for the President, and present a false view generally of the actual support across America for the President," read the letter, signed by the Trump campaign's senior legal adviser Jenna Ellis and chief operating officer Michael Glassner.

The campaign formally requested that CNN retract the poll and publish a "full, fair, and conspicuous retraction, apology, and clarification to correct its misleading conclusions."
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

BROWN, because it's the color of your eyes, and what's behind them......you know, kit for brains.

ILLEGALS

What is Trump going to do about all the illegals working in the USA?
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

RedFromMI wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:27 pm Things are getting a little desperate in Trump campaignland. Campaign is upset that a recent CNN poll showing a Biden lead is wrong and must be withdrawn:

But PB told us it was the DemoRATS who were the ones suppressing free speech.

"reject the evidence of your eyes and ears"
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

ggait wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:23 pm Joe's basement strategy working like a charm.

Polls from key states are also pointing to trouble for Trump. The R.C.P. database lists thirteen states as battlegrounds: Arizona, Florida, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Nevada, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, Virginia, and Wisconsin. According to R.C.P.’s poll averages, Trump is leading in just three of these states—Iowa, North Carolina, and Texas—and only in Iowa is his advantage more than three percentage points. In Arizona, Florida, and Ohio, all of which Trump carried in 2016, Biden is slightly ahead. And in Michigan, which was another linchpin of Trump’s 2016 victory in the Electoral College, a new poll released on Monday showed Biden doubling his lead, to twelve points, compared with a survey that the same pollster, EPIC-MRA, took in January.

Caveats:

1. It is still early.
2. Trump has like a trillion dollars in the bank that he's going to use to spew truckloads of disinformation. And also all those Russian bots.

Example Iowa GOP trying to shut down the Iowa SOS (a Republican fyi) from mailing absentee applications to all voters. Why? Because Iowa just set a new record for primary election turnout after the SOS sent applications for mail-in ballots to all registered voters. We just can't have all those people voting!!!!

Is Joes strategy what Ali would have called the rope a dope? :D
Bob Ross:
njbill

Post by njbill »

RedFromMI wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:27 pm Things are getting a little desperate in Trump campaignland. Campaign is upset that a recent CNN poll showing a Biden lead is wrong and must be withdrawn:

Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump's campaign is demanding CNN retract and apologize for a recent poll that showed him well behind presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden.

The demand, coming in the form of a cease and desist letter to CNN President Jeff Zucker that contained numerous incorrect and misleading claims, was immediately rejected by the network.

"We stand by our poll," said Matt Dornic, a CNN spokesman.

The CNN poll conducted by SSRS and released on Monday shows Trump trailing the former vice president by 14 points, 55%-41%, among registered voters. It also finds the President's approval rating at 38% -- his worst mark since January 2019, and roughly on par with approval ratings for one-term Presidents Jimmy Carter and George H.W. Bush at this point in their reelection years -- and his disapproval rating at 57%.

In the letter to Zucker, the Trump campaign argued that the CNN poll is "designed to mislead American voters through a biased questionnaire and skewed sampling."

"It's a stunt and a phony poll to cause voter suppression, stifle momentum and enthusiasm for the President, and present a false view generally of the actual support across America for the President," read the letter, signed by the Trump campaign's senior legal adviser Jenna Ellis and chief operating officer Michael Glassner.

The campaign formally requested that CNN retract the poll and publish a "full, fair, and conspicuous retraction, apology, and clarification to correct its misleading conclusions."
One of my bosses back in the 80s had a BULLSHIRT stamp. Sometimes if he got a letter from opposing counsel with which he disagreed, he would stamp the letter and send it back. Around the office, we all thought it was pretty funny, that is, until one day when our opponent in a case attached a stamped copy of a letter as an exhibit to a motion. Fortunately for us, the court didn’t much care.

If my old boss were running CNN, I think he would’ve trotted out his old stamp and sent the letter back to poor wittle Donnie whose feelings are all hurt.

Me? I probably would’ve sent Trump a copy of Good Night Moon and a new Binky.
ggait

Post by ggait »

Rumor is that Ellis and Glassner had to sign this because Goebbels was out of the office today and unavailable.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:04 pm
ggait wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:23 pm Joe's basement strategy working like a charm.

Caveats:

1. It is still early.

No clue, but I'd vote for Ali over Biden and Biden over Trump on how they have handled similar situations, including (and maybe especially) Vietnam.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

holmes435 wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:23 am

Caveats:

1. It is still early.

No clue, but I'd vote for Ali over Biden and Biden over Trump on how they have handled similar situations, including (and maybe especially) Vietnam.
Who ever is advising Biden sure is a smart cookie. When your opponent keeps digging his own grave deeper and deeper just stand to the side and let em keep digging. Trumps mouth has finally caught up with him. I wonder how many times people close to Trump have advised him to STFU... just STFU Donnie?
Bob Ross:
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:07 am

Caveats:

1. It is still early.

Who ever is advising Biden sure is a smart cookie. When your opponent keeps digging his own grave deeper and deeper just stand to the side and let em keep digging. Trumps mouth has finally caught up with him. I wonder how many times people close to Trump have advised him to STFU... just STFU Donnie?
Good question. I think he has winnowed away -- not down, away -- all of the people who might have given him advice with candor. Now, everyone is like the Press Secretary -- just a pack of toadying mooks.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

seacoaster wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:28 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:07 am

Caveats:

1. It is still early.

Good question. I think he has winnowed away -- not down, away -- all of the people who might have given him advice with candor. Now, everyone is like the Press Secretary -- just a pack of toadying mooks.
When you already know your boss will never be loyal to you, why would you be loyal to your boss? Loyalty and respect have to be a 2 way street or they mean nothing.
Bob Ross:

Return to “POLITICS”