Race in America - Riots Explode in Chicago

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
tech37

Re: Race in America - Riots Explode in Minneapolis

Post by tech37 »

a fan wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:17 pm
tech37 wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:04 pm So based on that logic, why aren't a lot more people acting out the madness? We're all victims. Funny it's just those who live in or near large Dem run cities whose governments have condoned that madness. a fan you can spin it anyway you like, but de Blasio's lack of leadership (for one) has allowed NYC to fall into a state of disrepair, a barely livable city. So all the minutia and/or assumptions you spout, as to when and why, means nothing when you miss the big picture. de Blasio's handling of the events and failure to uphold law and order, has been horrendous.
That's an ENTIRELY different message than your gripe that "Defund the police" led to more violence in NYC. Completely different conversation. So I take it were done with the "defund the police" nonsense that has nothing to do with the rise in violence in NYC in the 6 months previous to the budget cut vote.....and you'd rather talk about DeBlasio?

No problem. Yep, I agree. From where I sit way out here, it appears that DeBlasio isn't the best mayor NYC has ever had. :lol: Anything else?

I disagree about the cause, however. You think it's because they've "condoned" bad behavior in these cities. I think the problem is that policing in these cities is broken, which is what is leading to these long term problems in the first place. And yep, that blame. sits at the feet of Council and the Mayor.
Broken? They were ordered to stand down...what are you talking about?
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:19 pmAre anarchists that launch mortar round fireworks directly at the police bad people. Why do they have to hide among the "peaceful protesters" ? Why don't the "peaceful protesters" do something about them. If the "peaceful protesters" are willing to stand around with their thumbs stuck up their ass they are equally as guilty as the anarchists are. Enough of this BS about the vast majority of protesters are peaceful. If the vast majority ignores the small minority then they are accepting their tactics by doing nothing about them. Why don't the anarchists organize their own protest independent of the peaceful folks so they can stand up and be counted. Why??? Because they are a bunch of f***ing cowards that are like cockroaches that don't like the bright light being shined on them. It is easier to hide behind other people and use them as your human shields.

Are cops that launch "less than lethal" round directly at peaceful protestors' heads bad people. Why do they have to hide among the "good cops" ? Why don't the "good cops" do something about them. If the "good cops" are willing to stand around with their thumbs stuck up their ass they are equally as guilty as the bad cops are are. Enough of this BS about the vast majority of cops are good. If the vast majority ignores the small minority then they are accepting their tactics by doing nothing about them. Why don't the bad cops organize their own department independent of the good cops so they can stand up and be counted. Why??? Because they are a bunch of f***ing cowards that are like cockroaches that don't like the bright light being shined on them. It is easier to hide behind other people and use them as your human shields.

Huh. It works both ways.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

For all of you self hating white bozos, aka Democrats, try learning why white privilege is a myth, written by a non-white guy:

https://nypost.com/2020/07/11/the-falla ... g-society/

According to median household income statistics from the US Census Bureau, several minority groups substantially out-earn whites. These groups include Pakistani Americans, Lebanese Americans, South African Americans, Filipino Americans, Sri Lankan Americans and Iranian Americans (in addition to several others). Indians, the group I belong to, are the highest-earning ethnic group the census keeps track of, with almost double the household median income of whites. In Canada, several minority groups also significantly out-earn whites, including South Asian Canadians, Arab Canadians and Japanese Canadians.

I really can’t tell if I feel bad for you or you’re an enemy of freedom.
a fan

Post by a fan »

tech37 wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:31 pm
tech37 wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:04 pm So based on that logic, why aren't a lot more people acting out the madness? We're all victims. Funny it's just those who live in or near large Dem run cities whose governments have condoned that madness. a fan you can spin it anyway you like, but de Blasio's lack of leadership (for one) has allowed NYC to fall into a state of disrepair, a barely livable city. So all the minutia and/or assumptions you spout, as to when and why, means nothing when you miss the big picture. de Blasio's handling of the events and failure to uphold law and order, has been horrendous.
That's an ENTIRELY different message than your gripe that "Defund the police" led to more violence in NYC. Completely different conversation. So I take it were done with the "defund the police" nonsense that has nothing to do with the rise in violence in NYC in the 6 months previous to the budget cut vote.....and you'd rather talk about DeBlasio?

No problem. Yep, I agree. From where I sit way out here, it appears that DeBlasio isn't the best mayor NYC has ever had. :lol: Anything else?

I disagree about the cause, however. You think it's because they've "condoned" bad behavior in these cities. I think the problem is that policing in these cities is broken, which is what is leading to these long term problems in the first place. And yep, that blame. sits at the feet of Council and the Mayor.
This is what I said: "Jesus...DeBlasio should be proud. Anyone think this is photoshopped?"

Then this: "Why seacoaster? Seems relevant considering it's an example of racial policies run amok in NYC. No cops to be found, and if there was, what could they do?"

Then this: "I see, just a coincidence... So you think this would inevitably happen, despite all of the anarchy that has ensued since Dem mayor's forgot about law and order and put all the onus on police? Wow..."

Then this: "Mocking?... Jesus H a fan, I'm depressed as hell. Violent crime is up in NYC, yeah, it's all just a coincidence."

I never mentioned "defund the police" in this instance, kram did.

It was about de Blasio and his mishandling of things from the start. You spun it to your liking, but missed the main point.
I didn't spin it to my liking....I missed in the back and forth you were having with seacoaster that you didn't say defund the police, Kram did....and then assumed that when you later complained about crime outcomes in NYC, you were blaming "defunding" for the crime. Totally confused you with Kramerica. And Kramerica wasn't, therefore, blaming the crime in NYC on defunding either.

My apologies, I made a mistake there. Apologies to you both!
Last edited by a fan on Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
a fan

Post by a fan »

tech37 wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:34 pm

Underlying policing issues that percolate and boil over. If you don't address these problems, 2020 is nothing compared to what will come later.

We're talking past each other. You're focusing on what's happening in 2020. I'm looking at the larger picture.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

a fan wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:25 pm
tech37 wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:34 pm

Underlying policing issues that percolate and boil over. If you don't address these problems, 2020 is nothing compared to what will come later.

We're talking past each other. You're focusing on what's happening in 2020. I'm looking at the larger picture.
OK. Obviously the death of G Floyd was the match that lit the fuse, on top of Covid and everything that came with that. Do you think Floyd was killed because he was black?
DocBarrister

Christians and Racism

Post by DocBarrister »

Racism among white Christians is higher than among the nonreligious. That's no coincidence.

Over the last several weeks, the United States has engaged in a long-overdue reckoning with the racist symbols of the past, tearing down monuments to figures complicit in slavery and removing Confederate flags from public displays. But little scrutiny has been given to the cultural institutions that legitimized the worldview behind these symbols: white Christian churches.

... A close read of history reveals that we white Christians have not just been complacent or complicit; rather, as the nation's dominant cultural power, we have constructed and sustained a project of perpetuating white supremacy that has framed the entire American story. The legacy of this unholy union still lives in the DNA of white Christianity today — and not just among white evangelical Protestants in the South, but also among white mainline Protestants in the Midwest and white Catholics in the Northeast.

... As a white Christian who was raised Southern Baptist and shaped by a denominational college and seminary, it pains me to see these patterns in the data. Even worse, these questions only hint at the magnitude of the problem.

... But even when controls are introduced in a statistical model for a range of demographic characteristics, such as partisanship, education levels and region, the connection between holding racist attitudes and white Christian identity remains stubbornly robust.

... Moreover, these statistical models refute the assertion that attending church makes white Christians less racist. Among white evangelicals, in fact, the opposite is true: The relationship between holding racist views and white Christian identity is actually stronger among more frequent church attenders than among less frequent church attenders.

... The plain testimony of history is that, alongside what good we white Christians have done, white Christian theology and institutions have also declared the blessings of God on the enslavement of millions of African Americans, the construction of a brutal system of racial segregation enforced by law and lynchings, the resistance to the civil rights movement and the mass incarceration of millions of African Americans.

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/r ... cna1235045

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

We have the highest incarceration rate of any nation in the world. We have the highest incarceration rate of developed countries by a factor of like 6x.

Why is America full of criminals? Any Trump supporters or right-wingers want to hypothesize?
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

When BLM came to white rural America. Reasonable white men and women even exist in Franklin county Virginia, along with the traditional redneck Neanderthals still living in 1950 America.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Who knew, bicycling while black is a crime in the US? Probably only black cyclist knew it.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

holmes435 wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:43 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:19 pmAre anarchists that launch mortar round fireworks directly at the police bad people. Why do they have to hide among the "peaceful protesters" ? Why don't the "peaceful protesters" do something about them. If the "peaceful protesters" are willing to stand around with their thumbs stuck up their ass they are equally as guilty as the anarchists are. Enough of this BS about the vast majority of protesters are peaceful. If the vast majority ignores the small minority then they are accepting their tactics by doing nothing about them. Why don't the anarchists organize their own protest independent of the peaceful folks so they can stand up and be counted. Why??? Because they are a bunch of f***ing cowards that are like cockroaches that don't like the bright light being shined on them. It is easier to hide behind other people and use them as your human shields.

Are cops that launch "less than lethal" round directly at peaceful protestors' heads bad people. Why do they have to hide among the "good cops" ? Why don't the "good cops" do something about them. If the "good cops" are willing to stand around with their thumbs stuck up their ass they are equally as guilty as the bad cops are are. Enough of this BS about the vast majority of cops are good. If the vast majority ignores the small minority then they are accepting their tactics by doing nothing about them. Why don't the bad cops organize their own department independent of the good cops so they can stand up and be counted. Why??? Because they are a bunch of f***ing cowards that are like cockroaches that don't like the bright light being shined on them. It is easier to hide behind other people and use them as your human shields.

Huh. It works both ways.
Whatever projectiles the police use they are being authorized to do so by their superiors. I don't believe individual officers are allowed to fire anything because they feel like it. These officers are following orders. I don't believe people the launching mortar rockets at the police are operating under anybody's authority but their own. You may not see the difference but many people do.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

holmes435 wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:51 pm We have the highest incarceration rate of any nation in the world. We have the highest incarceration rate of developed countries by a factor of like 6x.

Why is America full of criminals? Any Trump supporters or right-wingers want to hypothesize?
"We have the highest incarceration rate of any nation in the world."

That could be because we have more criminals than any other nation in the world? :roll:
tech37

Post by tech37 »

jhu72 wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:42 pm Who knew, bicycling while black is a crime in the US? Probably only black cyclist knew it.
Obviously just an example of Bike Privilege. Let's ban bikes, that will solve it.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

holmes435 wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:51 pm We have the highest incarceration rate of any nation in the world. We have the highest incarceration rate of developed countries by a factor of like 6x.

Which party fetishizes prosecutors, Holmes? Ever watch MSNBC? Every lib DOJ jackwagon who needs scratch finds a home on that cesspool media trash heap.

How about Kamala? She argued to a court to keep prisoners past their sentences because the ‘labor is cheap’.

Most judges are ex- prosecutors, not ex public defenders. You think their sympathies lie with the accused?

Who do you suppose lawyers vote for on overwhelming numbers?

The whole industry is one large dung pile of Democrats while it pretends to ‘care’ about people of color.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

riot makers in Richmond Virgina ~ disguised white supremacists:

https://www.nbc12.com/2020/07/25/protes ... -set-fire/
https://www.wsls.com/news/virginia/2020 ... es-matter/

“There were white supremacists marching under the banner of Black Lives Matter, an attempt to undermine an otherwise overwhelmingly peaceful movement toward social justice,” Mayor Stoney said.

The mayor of Richmond thanked the Black Lives Matter protesters he said tried to stop the white supremacists from spearheading the violence.

White supremacists - the real trouble makers.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:02 am

"We have the highest incarceration rate of any nation in the world."

That could be because we have more criminals than any other nation in the world? :roll:
My question: "Why is America full of criminals?"

Your answer: "That could be because we have more criminals than any other nation in the world? :roll:"

Again, why do you think we are full of criminals / have more criminals than any other nation in the world?
DMac

Post by DMac »

Because we just love putting people in cages, we (collectively) think that's how people learn their lessons. War on drugs, just a brilliant way to find occupants for those empty cells. Back child support...put 'em in jail (now that makes a lot of sense). Jail 'em, that's what we do....works like a champ too, eh?
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

tech37 wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:05 am
jhu72 wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:42 pm Who knew, bicycling while black is a crime in the US? Probably only black cyclist knew it.
Obviously just an example of Bike Privilege. Let's ban bikes, that will solve it.
Just more white privilege - that's correct.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

DMac wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:46 am Because we just love putting people in cages, we (collectively) think that's how people learn their lessons. War on drugs, just a brilliant way to find occupants for those empty cells. Back child support...put 'em in jail (now that makes a lot of sense). Jail 'em, that's what we do....works like a champ too, eh?
… can't be, we are the land of the free! :lol:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

DMac wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:46 am Because we just love putting people in cages, we (collectively) think that's how people learn their lessons. War on drugs, just a brilliant way to find occupants for those empty cells. Back child support...put 'em in jail (now that makes a lot of sense). Jail 'em, that's what we do....works like a champ too, eh?
You fergot what happens if you don't pay yer taxes. You could be the nicest person in the world, that won't impress uncle sam one little bit. Those must be the kinda criminals we want in jail? :D

Return to “POLITICS”