Johns Hopkins Coach Search

D1 Mens Lacrosse
CU77

Re: Johns Hopkins Coach Search

Post by CU77 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:12 pm They got rid of Petro. They didn't ask Tillman, Tiffany, Toomey, Tierney, Desko or Shay.
They aren't looking for proven talent. They want cheap (er) talent.
Again, JHU's athletics budget isn't the same as an OSU, UMich or UMD. Or comparable to many full D1 athletic programs, either.
On the other hand, Petro said he hadn't been contacted by Michigan when they were doing their search. So even the big-budget schools look for cheaper talent for the non-revenue sports.

And the story of how Denver got Tierney is an interesting one. It did NOT begin with an "are you interested?" phone call. Denver had a much more subtle strategy.
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:12 pm They got rid of Petro. They didn't ask Tillman, Tiffany, Toomey, Tierney, Desko or Shay.
Again, JHU's athletics budget isn't the same as an OSU, UMich or UMD. Or comparable to many full D1 athletic programs, either.
The IL said they did talk to Shay.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

CU77 wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:26 pm
On the other hand, Petro said he hadn't been contacted by Michigan when they were doing their search. So even the big-budget schools look for cheaper talent for the non-revenue sports.

And the story of how Denver got Tierney is an interesting one. It did NOT begin with an "are you interested?" phone call. Denver had a much more subtle strategy.
Something like cozying up to his son as equivalent to “let me stick the tip in and see how it feels?”
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:51 pm
CU77 wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:26 pm

Something like cozying up to his son as equivalent to “let me stick the tip in and see how it feels?”
:lol: :lol: :lol: You win!!
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

HopFan16 wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:46 pm
ZulbertiSocks wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:55 pm It's official. The announcement will be made tomorrow. Welcome, Coach....never mind, you'll have to wait.
ZulbertiSocks wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:36 pm They have their guy...it's not Galloway. Never was. Announcement tomorrow, everyone can stop pretending they know something. The new coach's last name rhymes with "obvious choice". But it has been fun reading about all of these so-called scenarios.
Looking like a big YIKES for ZulbertiSocks
flalax22

Post by flalax22 »

ZulbertSocks didn’t know what he was talking about? :shock:
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Post by WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus »

What are ZulbertiSocks, anyway? Something you’d wear while driving a Zamboni?

That’s the best I’ve got at the moment without posting a cat.
johnnyonthegunpowder

Post by johnnyonthegunpowder »

ZulbertiSocks sounds like the backward talk from the midget in the red room in Twin Peaks.

lol, there you go tech

Last edited by johnnyonthegunpowder on Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

johnnyonthegunpowder wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:32 pm ZulbertiSocks sounds like the backward talk from the midget in the red room in Twin Peaks.
johnny?...you might want to include a visual with that one :D

Thank you :D
Last edited by tech37 on Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Zulberti at his computer typing out that last post:

Typical Lax Dad

HopFan16 wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:16 pm Zulberti at his computer typing out that last post:

I may use that!
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:28 pm
HopFan16 wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:16 pm Zulberti at his computer typing out that last post:

I may use that!
Self portrait?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:24 pm What are ZulbertiSocks, anyway? Something you’d wear while driving a Zamboni?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Zulberti someone with a foot-fetish from lax players? :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Typical Lax Dad

tech37 wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:36 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:28 pm

I may use that!
Self portrait?
Yours 💩
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:48 pm
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:24 pm What are ZulbertiSocks, anyway? Something you’d wear while driving a Zamboni?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Zulberti someone with a foot-fetish from lax players? :lol:
ok, ok....
here's a little history on the socks:
https://www.syracuse.com/sports/2012/04 ... e_soc.html
and z with his penchant for carrying it on (somewhat):
https://powelllacrosse.com/sock-it-to-me/
love quarantines. in zulbertisocks' defense, days are running into each other. maybe we see his result after all the negotiations are over and it's just his timing (albeit could be a tad less deprecating).
FMUBart

Post by FMUBart »

The Zulberti I knew would smoke anything that burns...maybe he burned something prior to posting ;)
johnnyonthegunpowder

Post by johnnyonthegunpowder »

If we're talking socks and lacrosse it begins and ends with Terry Riordan.
Mr3Putt

Post by Mr3Putt »

FMUBart wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:33 pm The Zulberti I knew would smoke anything that burns...maybe he burned something prior to posting ;)
You have been classy the last couple weeks! Z - deserves to be in the HOF ! Any reference to jZ is reflective to the best time in DIV 1 lacrosse. I like appreciate HOBART but let’s take a step back !

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”