Sensible Gun Safety

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Farfromgeneva

Re: Sensible Gun Safety

Post by Farfromgeneva »

ardilla secreta wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2024 5:15 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2024 8:24 am
Kismet wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2024 8:10 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2024 8:03 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2024 7:57 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2024 7:50 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2024 7:20 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 9:16 pm The C&S form of policing. When someone mentally ill calls the police, shoot them in the face and ask questions later because a criminal will do it to a police officer. Fair is fair. You don’t have time to determine if the person is crazy.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/07/23/us/sonya ... index.html
How is that my form of policing? The problem when having to deal with people having mental issues is getting the right help on the scene. How long should that take? The police don't always have an unlimited amount of time to wait. The best option from your perspective is for the police to stand down, leave the scene and let all concerned parties know that someone will be along shortly to help. A very cheerful have a nice might also help :roll: Oh and you might want to tell Uncle Henry to put down the knife.
The right help is an untrained cop. Nothing wrong with that body cam. Sh!t happens.
Fundamentally I couldn't agree with you more. There are way too many police officers on the streets that don't have the proper training on how to handle crisis situations. Not to defend the bad cops but dealing with these very stressful situations requires constant training that needs to be reinforced on a regular basis. That is difficult to do for too many police forces that are short officers and struggle every day to find enough officers for patrol duty.
I wonder what other countries and some jurisdictions do? Is there something called “best practices”? A big part of the problem with some police departments is poor training and the policy of escalation versus de-escalation. Just told a friend yesterday if we had far less guns on the streets, we would be able to draw from a better candidate pool. It’s a sh!tty dangerous job in some places. No justifiable reason for that cop to shoot that woman. None at all…. She should have done as ordered in not a justifiable reason….it is THE reason though.
Not to mention that the deputy worked at 6 agencies in 4 years, after being charged twice with DUI. He also failed to activate his body camera until AFTER he shot the lady. :oops:
I wonder why he didn’t pursue another profession?
He applied at a meat processing plant, but left when he found out they don’t shoot them.
Hammer time

https://youtu.be/IqLxv8pyLhY?si=bqPmkrnpYWdtROJ8
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Fine police work. Good shoot.
“I wish you would!”
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2024 8:55 pm

Land of the free, home of the scared shiteless?
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Typical Lax Dad

PizzaSnake wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 7:26 am

Just how it is. Tell the guy he ran through a stop sign and then kill him….dude should not have been acting big and bad.
“I wish you would!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 8:16 am

Just how it is. Tell the guy he ran through a stop sign and then kill him….dude should not have been acting big and bad.
I have to admit that you are correct. Way too many police forces are letting officers out on the street who don't have the proper frame of mind to do the job. I would have thought especially after what happened to Mr Floyd that this would have opened up the eyes of law enforcement. There are the vast majority of police departments that have taken positive steps. For reasons I don't understand too many others have regressed and headed in the other. This is just my opinion but I think these officers are just so frightened it is effecting their ability to do the job.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
3rdPersonPlural

Post by 3rdPersonPlural »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 9:43 am .............This is just my opinion but I think these officers are just so frightened it is effecting their ability to do the job.
I can't cite studies or filings but I suspect that patrolling and 'keeping the peace' among a heavily armed and frustrated (economically, socially, emotionally, etc.) population ain't easy. Do cops in countries with less liberal gun laws act like this?

I'm not in any way justifying the above video, but I am wondering WHY and pondering why Andy Griffith never had these issues. There has to be a back story. And there has to be a trend, because I can find a dozen more PDQ just like this. All cops aren't azzwholes. All cops know it is career debilitating to shoot a fleeing traffic stop. Why does it keep happening?
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

3rdPersonPlural wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 10:03 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 9:43 am .............This is just my opinion but I think these officers are just so frightened it is effecting their ability to do the job.
I can't cite studies or filings but I suspect that patrolling and 'keeping the peace' among a heavily armed and frustrated (economically, socially, emotionally, etc.) population ain't easy. Do cops in countries with less liberal gun laws act like this?

I'm not in any way justifying the above video, but I am wondering WHY and pondering why Andy Griffith never had these issues. There has to be a back story. And there has to be a trend, because I can find a dozen more PDQ just like this. All cops aren't azzwholes. All cops know it is career debilitating to shoot a fleeing traffic stop. Why does it keep happening?
I can give an example of what happened to a cop just the other day in my hometown. The cop was sitting in his cruiser doing paperwork. An 18 year old walked up to the cruiser and pumped 8 shots into it for no particular reason. This young man was quickly apprehended and if convicted might spend the rest of his life in jail. The report was that the officer, while unharmed was a complete nervous wreck after the incident.
Bob Ross:
njbill

Post by njbill »

Because he had Barney as his deputy. The bad guys really, really feared Barney.
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 9:43 am

I have to admit that you are correct. Way too many police forces are letting officers out on the street who don't have the proper frame of mind to do the job. I would have thought especially after what happened to Mr Floyd that this would have opened up the eyes of law enforcement. There are the vast majority of police departments that have taken positive steps. For reasons I don't understand too many others have regressed and headed in the other. This is just my opinion but I think these officers are just so frightened it is effecting their ability to do the job.
When everyone has a gun, why be afraid? More guns makes life safer. I hear it all time.
“I wish you would!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 10:37 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 9:43 am

When everyone has a gun, why be afraid? More guns makes life safer. I hear it all time.
That depends upon who the people with the guns are. You'll never ever not once hear me say more people with guns makes anyone safer. That being said law abiding people who play by the rules and have trained themselves on the rules of road when it comes to being responsible gun owners then I'm not concerned quite as much.
Bob Ross:
WaffleTwineFaceoff

Post by WaffleTwineFaceoff »

DMac wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 8:33 pm In all of your condescending post you have enlightened no one to anything, Waffle. Nothing you have said hasn't been seen on the long time running great gun debate thread. You and your like-minded are hell bent, heels dug in deep, ain't no one tellin' me what kind of gun I can't have. 2A and the militia is all I need to know. Your right, and the need for (you don't need an AR15), and wiseness in circulating these in big numbers are very different things, and I lean more to the need (not) and wiseness (not) side. 2A and the militia for justification of AR15s being circulated among the population is abuse of 2A, as is a lot of the gibberish coming from your like-minded, IMHO.
This is rich, coming from the class act who posted “I’m truly sorry the shooter missed the mark” in the “Trump Part II” thread the morning after the assassination attempt on a former president (which also killed an innocent and by all accounts decent family man). Please enlighten us as to how you spewing hate and vitriol moves the needle toward solutions. Hats off for achieving a rather impressive Daily Double: Heights of hypocrisy and a glaring lack of character.

Your post is still proudly sitting there, reflecting on Fanlax as a community, while fomenting the division so many folks here profess is the sole province of “right wing Maga militia gun nut extremists who are hiding behind every tree, bush, and blade of grass”, and form the majority of gun owners in America. Hint: they are a very small minority, and I ain’t one of them. I am, however, the one person on these forums who called out your post, and it didn’t so much as earn me a single “+1”.

Hey, I get it. There’s an easily understood and deep seated need for many here to define poster’s who dare to offer alternative ideas (and challenge rigid party line endorsed narratives regarding “America’s gun problem”) into low effort off the rack stereotypes. Fair enough.

What’s difficult to understand, however, is the lack of curiosity and interest here regarding criminal violence mitigation strategies which aren’t “anti-gun narrative approved” by the usual suspects, led by Mike “throw them up against the wall and frisk them” Bloomberg (and his merry band of prankster direct and ancillary money trough gorging organizations like JHU, Everytown, and Gifford), the Joyce Foundation, our opportunistic “do something” politicians, and the weaponized citizenry herd they have conditioned to reason with their emotions.

Any interloper having the audacity to cut through the crease here on Sensible ignites a pavlovian response from old dogs needing to yell “Check Sticks!” and lay down the wood one more time. My arrival here was inspired by an interest in sharing thoughts and ideas, and offering some insights into what I learned and came to believe when I asked myself the question “What is really going on with guns in America, and what practical/effective mitigation strategies (which don’t trample on the rights of the responsible and law abiding among us) can made a difference?”

The default reception to such idea sharing has in many cases been crickets, condescension, or an ad hominem/ stereotyping combo platter. So much for dialogue and discourse.

Recent example #1: I share that experts (tasked by Obama after Sandy Hook, and including Joe Biden) came up with policy recommendations which included a “Let’s identify tomorrow’s potential mass public shooters today” early warning system: a mass public shooter version of “see something, say something”. The response here: light disdain and incredulity.

It’s not like “see something, say something” would have prevented Sandy Hook, Uvalde, Parkland, Denver, Buffalo, Maine, Columbine, Virginia Tech, right? Oh, wait, according to qualified expert post event analysis every single one of those events (and the majority of others not listed) could/would/should have been averted utilizing that simple and powerful “leakage detection awareness” tool. But, yeah, roll your eyes at my suggestion we take the advice of experts who’ve developed a powerful prevention tool for averting future mass public shootings. PS: with the clearer picture slowly but steadily emerging on the July 13 shooter, we’ll likely be adding that event to the long list of “see something, say something” intervention opportunity failures. And I’m not referring to the failures of July 13 - but rather the failures in the days, weeks and months leading up to July 12.

Recent example #2: I pass along that many many health experts lament the difficulty of getting information regarding the role of powerful drugs in mass public shootings. 30% of America’s most horrific mass public shooters had clear mental health issues and were taking “Big Pharma” drugs with known side effects. Things like “may cause violent thoughts and fantasies, and suicidal ideation”. The other 70% of mass public shootings we don’t know if these drugs were present because of Hippa protections. Seems like it would be in the best interests of experts and the public to have this data, right? So where is the outcry for a bill to instantly revoke Hippa protections and make publicly known all mental health conditions and drugs prescribed for anyone, dead or alive, who perpetrates a mass public shooting? Plenty of folks here are calling for the 2A rights of 100mm of their fellow citizens to be taken away in the name of public good interest balancing, so revoking the Hippa protections of a handful or two of mass public shooters every year should be no big deal, correct? The response here to my introduction of statistical reality regarding the prevalence of “Big Pharma” in the brains of mass public shooters: light disdain and incredulity.

It’s clear that because 1) I reject modern era 2A “collectivist/militia only” interpretive revisionism, and 2) I oppose criminal gun violence solutions which are contingent upon non-criminal gun owners having their rights reduced to privileges, many here need to define me with stereotypes and labels. Do what you gotta do, and I'll do the same.

To those folks having fun twisting that pesky 2A into a pretzel, enjoy. To whoever figures out what an assault weapon is (and that isn’t in common usage like Justice Sotomayor and AOC recently stated), then by all means get AWB 2.0 rolling. In the meantime, I’ll be sticking to my keen interest in understanding other possibilities which could help lead the way in reducing America’s criminal violence problems, and continue to share my unenlightened gibberish here from time to time. Apologies in advance! ;)

Finally, to quite a few posters (despite in many cases noticeable differences of opinion to my own), I really appreciate and respect what you bring to the table here on Sensible, and in other threads on Fanlax I visit less frequently. You've helped me learn a lot, and better understand both opposing and aligned positions. I enjoy having my beliefs, perceptions, and ideas challenged, and my mind changed. I'm trying to keep my gray matter dusted off, elastic, and open to new ideas.

Dmac, you stay classy now, okay?

Enjoy your weekend.
The only freedom which deserves the name is that of pursuing our own good in our own way, so long as we do not attempt to deprive others of theirs, or impede their efforts to obtain it. John Stuart Mill On Liberty 1859
WaffleTwineFaceoff

Post by WaffleTwineFaceoff »

We also have police unions protecting the bad apples. Sort of like the Catholic church with their bad priests. Until the brotherhood acknowledges problems in their own house, it's hard to change culture. I have great respect for most law enforcement officers, practicing a "rock and hard place" profession where you might not come home for dinner. That being said, as suggested above, training with a focus on when to escalate or deescalate - often in split second decision making times - is something it seems could be better codified, and kept at the forefront of daily policing training and in the field practice. Easier said than done, obviously.
The only freedom which deserves the name is that of pursuing our own good in our own way, so long as we do not attempt to deprive others of theirs, or impede their efforts to obtain it. John Stuart Mill On Liberty 1859
Typical Lax Dad

WaffleTwineFaceoff wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2024 3:06 pm

We also have police unions protecting the bad apples. Sort of like the Catholic church with their bad priests. Until the brotherhood acknowledges problems in their own house, it's hard to change culture. I have great respect for most law enforcement officers, practicing a "rock and hard place" profession where you might not come home for dinner. That being said, as suggested above, training with a focus on when to escalate or deescalate - often in split second decision making times - is something it seems could be better codified, and kept at the forefront of daily policing training and in the field practice. Easier said than done, obviously.
What so they do in other countries?
“I wish you would!”
DMac

Post by DMac »

WaffleTwineFaceoff wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2024 2:59 pm
DMac wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 8:33 pm In all of your condescending post you have enlightened no one to anything, Waffle. Nothing you have said hasn't been seen on the long time running great gun debate thread. You and your like-minded are hell bent, heels dug in deep, ain't no one tellin' me what kind of gun I can't have. 2A and the militia is all I need to know. Your right, and the need for (you don't need an AR15), and wiseness in circulating these in big numbers are very different things, and I lean more to the need (not) and wiseness (not) side. 2A and the militia for justification of AR15s being circulated among the population is abuse of 2A, as is a lot of the gibberish coming from your like-minded, IMHO.
Let me dive into your book a little bit here.
This is rich, coming from the class act who posted “I’m truly sorry the shooter missed the mark” in the “Trump Part II” thread the morning after the assassination attempt on a former president (which also killed an innocent and by all accounts decent family man). Please enlighten us as to how you spewing hate and vitriol moves the needle toward solutions. Hats off for achieving a rather impressive Daily Double: Heights of hypocrisy and a glaring lack of character.
I'm not spreading any hate or vitriol here, just expressing my sentiments about the failed attempt...oh, and thanks for letting me know a, by all accounts, decent innocent family man was killed in the attempt. I find Trump to be a very dangerous and deranged man who has done a whole lot of damage to the country and will make his first round in the Oval Office look like a child's little tea party in comparison to what his vengeful (and essentially untouchable) self will be the second time around. This is a man who wants to be King, a dictator, and yes, der Fuhrer. Any way he's stopped I'll be good with however unclassy you find that

Your post is still proudly sitting there, reflecting on Fanlax as a community, while fomenting the division so many folks here profess is the sole province of “right wing Maga militia gun nut extremists who are hiding behind every tree, bush, and blade of grass”, and form the majority of gun owners in America. Hint: they are a very small minority, and I ain’t one of them. I am, however, the one person on these forums who called out your post, and it didn’t so much as earn me a single “+1”.
Sorry you were disappointed.

Hey, I get it. There’s an easily understood and deep seated need for many here to define poster’s who dare to offer alternative ideas (and challenge rigid party line endorsed narratives regarding “America’s gun problem”) into low effort off the rack stereotypes. Fair enough.

What’s difficult to understand, however, is the lack of curiosity and interest here regarding criminal violence mitigation strategies which aren’t “anti-gun narrative approved” by the usual suspects, led by Mike “throw them up against the wall and frisk them” Bloomberg (and his merry band of prankster direct and ancillary money trough gorging organizations like JHU, Everytown, and Gifford), the Joyce Foundation, our opportunistic “do something” politicians, and the weaponized citizenry herd they have conditioned to reason with their emotions.

Any interloper having the audacity to cut through the crease here on Sensible ignites a pavlovian response from old dogs needing to yell “Check Sticks!” and lay down the wood one more time. My arrival here was inspired by an interest in sharing thoughts and ideas, and offering some insights into what I learned and came to believe when I asked myself the question “What is really going on with guns in America, and what practical/effective mitigation strategies (which don’t trample on the rights of the responsible and law abiding among us) can made a difference?”

The default reception to such idea sharing has in many cases been crickets, condescension, or an ad hominem/ stereotyping combo platter. So much for dialogue and discourse.

Recent example #1: I share that experts (tasked by Obama after Sandy Hook, and including Joe Biden) came up with policy recommendations which included a “Let’s identify tomorrow’s potential mass public shooters today” early warning system: a mass public shooter version of “see something, say something”. The response here: light disdain and incredulity.

It’s not like “see something, say something” would have prevented Sandy Hook, Uvalde, Parkland, Denver, Buffalo, Maine, Columbine, Virginia Tech, right? Oh, wait, according to qualified expert post event analysis every single one of those events (and the majority of others not listed) could/would/should have been averted utilizing that simple and powerful “leakage detection awareness” tool. But, yeah, roll your eyes at my suggestion we take the advice of experts who’ve developed a powerful prevention tool for averting future mass public shootings. PS: with the clearer picture slowly but steadily emerging on the July 13 shooter, we’ll likely be adding that event to the long list of “see something, say something” intervention opportunity failures. And I’m not referring to the failures of July 13 - but rather the failures in the days, weeks and months leading up to July 12.

Recent example #2: I pass along that many many health experts lament the difficulty of getting information regarding the role of powerful drugs in mass public shootings. 30% of America’s most horrific mass public shooters had clear mental health issues and were taking “Big Pharma” drugs with known side effects. Things like “may cause violent thoughts and fantasies, and suicidal ideation”. The other 70% of mass public shootings we don’t know if these drugs were present because of Hippa protections. Seems like it would be in the best interests of experts and the public to have this data, right? So where is the outcry for a bill to instantly revoke Hippa protections and make publicly known all mental health conditions and drugs prescribed for anyone, dead or alive, who perpetrates a mass public shooting? Plenty of folks here are calling for the 2A rights of 100mm of their fellow citizens to be taken away in the name of public good interest balancing, so revoking the Hippa protections of a handful or two of mass public shooters every year should be no big deal, correct? The response here to my introduction of statistical reality regarding the prevalence of “Big Pharma” in the brains of mass public shooters: light disdain and incredulity.
This is nothing new, it's been discussed, actually has been for years now. What role do the drugs we've been dolling out for so many years play in all the gun violence. I'm a believer that they play a pretty big role but don't tell big pharma that.

It’s clear that because 1) I reject modern era 2A “collectivist/militia only” interpretive revisionism, and 2) I oppose criminal gun violence solutions which are contingent upon non-criminal gun owners having their rights reduced to privileges, many here need to define me with stereotypes and labels. Do what you gotta do, and I'll do the same.
You betchya, and there, IMO, is a big problem. Don't anyone dare mention there should be restrictions on much of any kind of weapon we, the people who are born with the right to bear arms, can have. You do not need an AR15/assault weapon that spreads lead like rainfall. But 2A, baby....don't even think about reducing the privileges. Nothing is too good for the militia.

To those folks having fun twisting that pesky 2A into a pretzel, enjoy. To whoever figures out what an assault weapon is (and that isn’t in common usage like Justice Sotomayor and AOC recently stated), then by all means get AWB 2.0 rolling. In the meantime, I’ll be sticking to my keen interest in understanding other possibilities which could help lead the way in reducing America’s criminal violence problems, and continue to share my unenlightened gibberish here from time to time. Apologies in advance! ;)
We're all rooting for you to come up with a solution, good luck.

Finally, to quite a few posters (despite in many cases noticeable differences of opinion to my own), I really appreciate and respect what you bring to the table here on Sensible, and in other threads on Fanlax I visit less frequently. You've helped me learn a lot, and better understand both opposing and aligned positions. I enjoy having my beliefs, perceptions, and ideas challenged, and my mind changed. I'm trying to keep my gray matter dusted off, elastic, and open to new ideas.

Dmac, you stay classy now, okay?
Will do, and you stay on top of things and keep working on those solutions. We need those because to date, NOTHING has changed. I believe that we, collectively, are quite alright with the collateral damage our gun, and "right" to bear arms culture brings. Proof is in the pudding.

Enjoy your weekend.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Croaker sure could have used gun safety lesson:

Man taking trash to dumpster with gun slips, shoots and kills self accidentally, police say
SAPD: Man slipped in a wet area and gun went off

https://www.ksat.com/news/local/2024/08 ... olice-say/

A man taking his trash to an apartment dumpster was shot and killed after he slipped while walking and the gun he was carrying went off accidentally, according to San Antonio police.

Officers were called just before 6 a.m. to the 12400 block of Starcrest Drive, not far from Jones Maltsberger Road after receiving word of a person wounded.

According to police, a man in his 50s or 60s was walking to a nearby dumpster while carrying both his trash and a gun. That’s when, police say, the man slipped in a wet area and somehow the gun went off, wounding him the chest.

Police said the man, however, continued to walk down the hill to the dumpster where he was later found. He was taken by ambulance to an area hospital, where he later died.

SAPD said investigators found a gun near the trash bags.

The San Antonio Police Department, the San Antonio Fire Department and EMS all responded to the call.

The name of the man killed has not yet been released.

Shame. But what the hell does a guy need a gun just to throw out the garbage?
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Typical Lax Dad

https://www.cnn.com/2024/08/19/us/balti ... index.html

The people shot should have been carrying.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

https://www.cnn.com/2024/08/20/us/lewis ... index.html

Someone should tell the victims that the guy was just exercising his second amendment right.
“I wish you would!”
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 12:07 pm https://www.cnn.com/2024/08/20/us/lewis ... index.html

Someone should tell the victims that the guy was just exercising his second amendment right.
Perhaps we should enact more gun control laws and background checks that will prevent this in the future.

Oh wait...
While Robert Card was “solely responsible” for the shootings – which left 18 people dead and 13 others wounded across two scenes – the commission’s final report found the Sagadahoc County Sheriff’s Office had probable cause to use Maine’s yellow flag law to begin the process of securing the gunman’s firearms in September 2023, the month prior to the shooting, but did not.

Additionally, the commission determined the leaders of Card’s Army Reserve Unit ignored recommendations by Card’s mental health providers to ensure weapons were removed from his home. The commanding officers also did not share with the sheriff’s office the totality of information about Card’s troubling behavior, which might have prompted them to change their approach, the report says.

“Although he might still have committed a mass shooting even if someone had managed to remove Card’s firearms before October 25, 2023,” the report says, “there were several opportunities that, if taken, might have changed the course of events.”
Typical Lax Dad

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 12:32 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 12:07 pm https://www.cnn.com/2024/08/20/us/lewis ... index.html

Perhaps we should enact more gun control laws and background checks that will prevent this in the future.

Oh wait...
While Robert Card was “solely responsible” for the shootings – which left 18 people dead and 13 others wounded across two scenes – the commission’s final report found the Sagadahoc County Sheriff’s Office had probable cause to use Maine’s yellow flag law to begin the process of securing the gunman’s firearms in September 2023, the month prior to the shooting, but did not.

Additionally, the commission determined the leaders of Card’s Army Reserve Unit ignored recommendations by Card’s mental health providers to ensure weapons were removed from his home. The commanding officers also did not share with the sheriff’s office the totality of information about Card’s troubling behavior, which might have prompted them to change their approach, the report says.

“Although he might still have committed a mass shooting even if someone had managed to remove Card’s firearms before October 25, 2023,” the report says, “there were several opportunities that, if taken, might have changed the course of events.”
It’s our God given right
“I wish you would!”
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 12:33 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 12:32 pm

Oh wait...

It’s our God given right
More laws will fix it.

Return to “POLITICS”