Johns Hopkins 2022

D1 Mens Lacrosse
nyjay

Re: Johns Hopkins 2022

Post by nyjay »

primitiveskills wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:03 pm
nyjay wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:02 pm
primitiveskills wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 7:58 pm
nyjay wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 7:54 pm I recognize I’m a caveman, but just no fight in this team. Not a single frustration penalty despite being down 17. I want my kids to be good sports. But not sure I want this.
Meh. If you've ever played, and have played in a game like this, you know how incredibly mentally difficult it is to play in this type of game and continue to play the right way. "Frustration penalties" aren't a sign of pride and effort. They are clear signs of the opposite.
And btw “if you ever played” is pretty douchey too tough guy.
Simple statement of fact.
Go fuc$ yourself
primitiveskills

Post by primitiveskills »

GSP wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:04 pm
primitiveskills wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:01 pm
GSP wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 7:58 pm
primitiveskills wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 7:51 pm
GSP wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 7:45 pm
nyjay wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 7:36 pm No one cares. So polite. Taking our beating like good boys.
22-4. WITH A FULL QUARTER LEFT!!!!!!

A very public spanking.
Total humiliation.
Maryland is sending Hopkins the very clear message that they no longer belong in D1.
Yeah, I'm sure that's what's happening. Maybe Hopkins should take Penn St, Michigan,Loyola, a top-10 Jacksonville team. and all the others that have lost to this "D3" team has beaten down with them?
Down 22-4 late in Q3.
Opponents clear their bench and put in all 3rd stringers.
And Hopkins keeps its starters in?????
Tells you all you need to know about this coaching staff.
Another dumb comment.
Let me guess. You will now claim that Hopkins WON the 4th quarter.
"Winning a quarter" is not a thing. Why would I say that?
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

nyjay wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:04 pm
nyjay wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 7:54 pm I recognize I’m a caveman, but just no fight in this team. Not a single frustration penalty despite being down 17. I want my kids to be good sports. But not sure I want this.
Meh. If you've ever played, and have played in a game like this, you know how incredibly mentally difficult it is to play in this type of game and continue to play the right way. "Frustration penalties" aren't a sign of pride and effort. They are clear signs of the opposite.
Go fuc$ yourself
That escalated quickly. Yea, Brick killed a guy.
nyjay

Post by nyjay »

Go fuc$ yourself
I believe in the merit of frustration penalties.
masondixonlax

Post by masondixonlax »

LaxPundit07 wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:06 pm
Go fuc$ yourself
Yeah let's go back to Maryland tossing salads or whatever QK said
primitiveskills

Go fuc$ yourself
You have a great day!
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Quint said the Terps are a gourmet salad with feta.
primitiveskills

10stone5 wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:09 pm Quint said the Terps are a gourmet salad with feta.
I like feta
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

masondixonlax wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:08 pm
Go fuc$ yourself
Yeah let's go back to Maryland tossing salads or whatever QK said
Tossing salads! QK should have picked a better analogy….that is rough.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
primitiveskills

That's as complete a game by as complete a team as I've seen. What can you do?
flalax22

Post by flalax22 »

Go fuc$ yourself
I saw that
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

primitiveskills wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:10 pm
10stone5 wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:09 pm Quint said the Terps are a gourmet salad with feta.
I like feta
who doesn't like feta?
nyjay

Post by nyjay »

primitiveskills wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:08 pm
Go fuc$ yourself
You have a great day!
You too. But you know, if you'd ever actually played the game, you'd understand that when you talk smack, it's hard to be too upset when you get the crosscheck to the mouth. But, as I said at the outset, I guess I'm just a caveman.
Sagittarius A*

Post by Sagittarius A* »

primitiveskills wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 7:17 pm This Terps team is a juggernaut. Literally no weaknesses. Wisnauskas' transformation as a player is probably the most remarkable I've seen at this level.

Any Hopkins fan who sees this an indictment of the coaching staff simply doesn't understand the game. This team is going to walk away with the national championship.
OMG. What are you even talking about? Ohio State was very competitive against UMD last week on Maryland's home field.
I see Owen Murphy's 4 goals and 1 assist who scored as much as the entire HOPKINS Team before Tillman called it off, who "found a better home" after Genius Peter Milliman ran him off.
Absolute National embarrassment for this coaching staff AND for Jenn Baker who brought him here. There's no sugar coating a debacle.

On a positive note, congrats to the Lady Jays who defeated Ohio State today.
They looked great. They played with heart and determination and were solid in their fundamentals. Their clearing and ground ball play was stellar. It was a great send off for Janine Tucker.
DALaxDad

Post by DALaxDad »

BTW, the 73 Maryland team may have only won the finals in OT, when the Hop went to stall ball, it beat 6 of the other 7 teams in the NCAA tournament by 10 or more goals either during the season or in the tournament, including JHU. UMD didn’t play the other team.
primitiveskills

nyjay wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:20 pm
Go fuc$ yourself
You have a great day!
You too. But you know, if you'd ever actually played the game, you'd understand that when you talk smack, it's hard to be too upset when you get the crosscheck to the mouth. But, as I said at the outset, I guess I'm just a caveman.
Truce. We disagree on the significance and value of frustration penalties. All good.

Also, edited to say that the "if you ever played" phrase was indeed a bit a-hole-ish. Yet another reminder of the risks of posting during a frustrating loss!
Last edited by primitiveskills on Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
primitiveskills

DALaxDad wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:26 pm BTW, the 73 Maryland team may have only won the finals in OT, when the Hop went to stall ball, it beat 6 of the other 7 teams in the NCAA tournament by 10 or more goals either during the season or in the tournament, including JHU. UMD didn’t play the other team.
Indeed. Frank Urso was a cheat code (before there were cheat codes!).
flalax22

Post by flalax22 »

Sagittarius A* wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:22 pm
primitiveskills wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 7:17 pm This Terps team is a juggernaut. Literally no weaknesses. Wisnauskas' transformation as a player is probably the most remarkable I've seen at this level.

Any Hopkins fan who sees this an indictment of the coaching staff simply doesn't understand the game. This team is going to walk away with the national championship.
OMG. What are you even talking about? Ohio State was very competitive against UMD last week on Maryland's home field.
I see Owen Murphy's 4 goals and 1 assist who scored as much as the entire HOPKINS Team before Tillman called it off, who "found a better home" after Genius Peter Milliman ran him off.
Absolute National embarrassment for this coaching staff AND for Jenn Baker who brought him here. There's no sugar coating a debacle.

They looked great. They played with heart and determination and were solid in their fundamentals. Their clearing and ground ball play was stellar. It was a great send off for Janine Tucker.
The problem I have with PM is inconsistency in his culture change and standards. There have been some serious off field behavior issues with this team in the last twelve months and he ran Murphy off for some missed academic meeting.
primitiveskills

flalax22 wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:40 pm
Sagittarius A* wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:22 pm

The problem I have with PM is inconsistency in his culture change and standards. There have been some serious off field behavior issues with this team in the last twelve months and he ran Murphy off for some missed academic meeting.
Yeah, I have no real insight into the off-field stuff or the Murphy situation. Aside from today's abomination, what I've seen so far is a team that is generally competitive (including x3 with Maryland last year) with some pretty glaring talent disadvantages (brought into stark relief today) vs the top teams. I've seen several of next years' recruits who I am confident will be very good D1 players. And given that this is not SEC football, Milliman's going to get a chance to turn this around, regardless of who might be calling for his head. So we'll see.
nyjay

Post by nyjay »

primitiveskills wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:30 pm
nyjay wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:20 pm
Go fuc$ yourself
You have a great day!
Truce. We disagree on the significance and value of frustration penalties. All good.

Also, edited to say that the "if you ever played" phrase was indeed a bit a-hole-ish. Yet another reminder of the risks of posting during a frustrating loss!
Thank you for this post. All is indeed good. I do think behavior during a true beat down is very challenging and a very fine line. I'm honestly not sure what I really want from kids I'm coaching or from my own kids in those situations, but again, I admit to certain caveman tendencies. I will say this though, if the Jays held their anger and frustration today, I hope they keep that little black bit of anger very close to their heart and spend a lot of time making sure that it grows and is nurtured and focused upon until the time is right for it to come back and bite the Terps. As Michael Jordan (who was clearly one of the best competitors of all time (which isn't entirely a compliment)) once said, "and I took that personally."

PS - Anyone notice the controversy between Ridgefield, CT (coached by Roy Colsey, who always played with an edge) and Fairfield-Warde this week? Very interesting and bears upon this conversation.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”