January 6, 2021: Insurrection or “normal tourist” visitation?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
old salt

Re: January 6, 2021: Insurrection or “normal tourist” visitation?

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:51 pm
old salt wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:25 pm
a fan wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 10:38 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:40 am I can't speak for a fan, but I took the USNA barb to be pointed at the paradox of someone with your background caring nothing for the rule of law. There was no shot at the USNA because they obviously DO NOT admit applicants with felony convictions. But you would.
Nailed it. Except I didn't name the school OS graduated from....he did.
What a weasel word denial. :oops:
a fan wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 11:22 am Felonies are awesome. Republicans don't have to follow laws in Old Salt's FoxNation world.

You should call your old school, and demand that High School kids have AT LEAST two felonies on their records before gaining admittance.
Here is afan's shot at my "old school" (USNA).
You see the letters USNA anywhere?

I didn't name it. YOU did. Get it?

Trying to respect your privacy, and you're seriously on me about it?

Talking past each other. It's what we do.....
:lol: ...trying to respect my privacy ? Did you think you were sending a PM ?
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 10:01 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:40 am I can't speak for a fan, but I took the USNA barb to be pointed at the paradox of someone with your background caring nothing for the rule of law. There was no shot at the USNA because they obviously DO NOT admit applicants with felony convictions. But you would.
a fan wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 11:22 am Felonies are awesome. Republicans don't have to follow laws in Old Salt's FoxNation world.

You should call your old school, and demand that High School kids have AT LEAST two felonies on their records before gaining admittance.

Sigh. Most who view this have no F'ing clue where you went to school...so when I am mindful of this (I'm not perfect), I don't mention it.

Want me to start calling you by your given name and the year you graduated, too?

So yes. Trying to respect your privacy. Why are you giving me a hard time for respecting you?
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:49 pm
PizzaSnake wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:45 pm
old salt wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:13 pm
Kismet wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 5:32 am
old salt wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 11:56 pm
a fan wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 8:08 pm
old salt wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 6:59 pm How weak is it to drag war & military service into this issue or for afan to take a shot at USNA because he disagrees with me.
Then stop gaslighting us, and respect your fellow posts enough to make honest posts if you don't want this response.

You know perfectly well that a felony conviction is a felony conviction, and that an American's party affiliation has nothing to do with it.
:lol: ...that's a joke, right ?

FTR -- Mike Flynn was not convicted of anything.
Flynn was convicted of the crime he committed - lying to the Feds. YOUR people tried to weasel his sentencing and then pardoned him.
What many of us still want to know is why he was so evasive in the first place. :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
https://www.cato.org/blog/two-things-ne ... flynn-case

Flynn has not yet been formally convicted of that crime because the conviction does not technically happen until the sentence is pronounced.
“In the 1833 case of United States v. Wilson, the Supreme Court ruled that a pardon could be rejected by the convict. Due to the findings in the 1925 case, Burdick v. United States, it seems as though accepting a pardon is, in fact, admitting guilt. In Burdick the appellant was offered a pardon but declined it, also refusing to testify in criminal court. The opinion of the case given by the justices seemed to uncover that 1) a pardon can be given before a conviction and sentence; 2) a pardon can be refused, and 3) acceptance of a pardon implies acceptance of guilt. ”

https://courtmartiallaw.com/military-la ... mit-guilt/
So Old Salt stating an opinion as a fact is wrong….again?
Wrong. That cite is re. Military Courts-Martial proceedings & says "seems/seemed".
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 10:10 pm

Sigh. Most who view this have no F'ing clue where you went to school...so when I am mindful of this (I'm not perfect), I don't mention it.

Want me to start calling you by your given name and the year you graduated, too?

So yes. Trying to respect your privacy. Why are you giving me a hard time for respecting you?
Got it. Thanks for respecting my privacy while insulting me.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 10:14 pm
old salt wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 6:59 pm How weak is it to drag war & military service into this issue or for afan to take a shot at USNA because he disagrees with me.
Then stop gaslighting us, and respect your fellow posts enough to make honest posts if you don't want this response.

You know perfectly well that a felony conviction is a felony conviction, and that an American's party affiliation has nothing to do with it.

Flynn was convicted of the crime he committed - lying to the Feds. YOUR people tried to weasel his sentencing and then pardoned him.
What many of us still want to know is why he was so evasive in the first place. :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

Flynn has not yet been formally convicted of that crime because the conviction does not technically happen until the sentence is pronounced.
“In the 1833 case of United States v. Wilson, the Supreme Court ruled that a pardon could be rejected by the convict. Due to the findings in the 1925 case, Burdick v. United States, it seems as though accepting a pardon is, in fact, admitting guilt. In Burdick the appellant was offered a pardon but declined it, also refusing to testify in criminal court. The opinion of the case given by the justices seemed to uncover that 1) a pardon can be given before a conviction and sentence; 2) a pardon can be refused, and 3) acceptance of a pardon implies acceptance of guilt. ”

Wrong. That cite is re. Military Courts-Martial proceedings & says "seems/seemed".
“Seems” like you are wrong again.
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 10:16 pm
a fan wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 10:10 pm

Got it. Thanks for respecting my privacy while insulting me.
Didn't insult YOU. I made fun of your gaslighting when it comes to convicted felons with R's by their name.

Insulted your gaslighting, yes. Guilty as charged.

And...you're welcome! ;)
DMac

Post by DMac »

a fan wrote
Sigh. Most who view this have no F'ing clue where you went to school...
Not so sure about that. I think there's a huge percent of fanlax members who don't even know where the water cooler is, most hang out and comment exclusively in the lacrosse section. Of the half dozen or so who like to argue...oops, I mean discuss the issues over here ad nauseum, every one of them know salty was commissioned when he graduated from USNA.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 10:23 pm

Flynn is not a "convicted felon". DoJ withdrew the charges. He was pardoned before he was sentenced.

https://www.courthousenews.com/sweeping ... e-charges/
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

DMac wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 10:43 pm
a fan wrote
Sigh. Most who view this have no F'ing clue where you went to school...
Not so sure about that. I think there's a huge percent of fanlax members who don't even know where the water cooler is, most hang out and comment exclusively in the lacrosse section. Of the half dozen or so who like to argue...oops, I mean discuss the issues over here ad nauseum, every one of them know salty was commissioned when he graduated from USNA.
It’s inconceivable to me that any one here would not know. Worst kept secret ever. Is being from St Louis classified too?

Not even sure why it an issue.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

If that's true, why did he need and get a pardon?
Ask your latest propaganda channel that question?

Arguably he's a traitor to his country.
Last edited by Kismet on Mon Oct 23, 2023 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 10:55 pm

Flynn is not a "convicted felon". DoJ withdrew the charges. He was pardoned before he was sentenced.

It seems like “innocent” people get sentenced then….
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 7:47 am

;)

In this situation, he plead guilty twice to a felony.

The pardon covered not only that felony, but also others which might be found during the Mueller prosecution. Guilty. But pardoned by Trump.

Judge Sullivan told Flynn: "You sold your country out".
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/12/18/judge-t ... aring.html
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:39 am

;)

The pardon covered not only that felony, but also others which might be found during the Mueller prosecution. Guilty. But pardoned by Trump.

Scroll to 31:25:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhRNDsLbOvQ

Enough about this criminal and fanatic.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:54 am

;)

Exactly.
Typical Lax Dad

;)

“IF you have an ounce of salt”….. ironic.
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:51 am

;)

“IF you have an ounce of salt”….. ironic.
So why wasn't Flynn indicted ? Is it now a crime to cite the 5th Amendment at a Congressional show trial fishing expedition ?
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Start a Criminal Mike Flynn thread already.

Meanwhile, the Defendant moves to dismiss:

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents ... rosecution
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Evidentially, the fifth means full on guilt. Opening his mouth is what got him in trouble the first time. He learned his lesson.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 7:20 am Evidentially, the fifth means full on guilt. Opening his mouth is what got him in trouble the first time. He learned his lesson.
I think both of us need to get to work. But I'll say this: what was/were the question or questions to which he invoked the Fifth?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 7:40 am
youthathletics wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 7:20 am Evidentially, the fifth means full on guilt. Opening his mouth is what got him in trouble the first time. He learned his lesson.
I think both of us need to get to work. But I'll say this: what was/were the question or questions to which he invoked the Fifth?
Oh...I agree with you, it should be rather easy to answer those, but in today's society and with Flynn speaking rather openly on youtube and podcasts, he knows damned well he said some things that could further his legal pain. "That which does not leave your lips, can not come back to bite you in the ass".
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard

Return to “POLITICS”