Race in America - Riots Explode in Chicago

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
holmes435

Re: Race in America - Riots Explode in Minneapolis

Post by holmes435 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:09 pm
holmes435 wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:56 pm
It's not like they're still in power... or running things... or even voting... I mean they were only sterilizing people of color through the early 70's... we've come so far! We have since elected a half black man president!

I mean just look at who the senate majority leader is and who the president is! It's not like they are a decade older than that guy or anything, it was so long ago.
Roger Stone and Mike Flynn couldn’t catch a break. They were railroaded.
"I am not a crook" - Roger Stone's back tattoo
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

sideshowbob wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:58 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:03 pm
sideshowbob wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:58 pm
6ftstick wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:09 pm The soft bigotry of low expectations.

Speaking Proper English is Racist, So Rutgers University Will “Deemphasize Traditional Grammar”

https://reformationcharlotte.org/2020/0 ... l-grammar/
You get your “news” from there? Unbelievable.

“American Exceptionalism” at its finest.
This is a meaningless post. If you find something in an article, regardless of the publisher, feel free to point out the lies or exaggerations. CNN for the most part is ridiculous, but because they have a few decent journos, I try to point out the actual lies.
It isn’t meaningless. The site referenced as a source seems to be “lies” and “exaggerations”. That is a blog, not journalism. Was surprised to see it embraced.

So we simply take your word for it? I find CNN and MSNBC to be a site for lies and exaggerations...can we ignore them as well?
DocBarrister

An Existential Threat to the Republican Party

Post by DocBarrister »

The nation’s inexorable demographic change — a majority of Americans will be people of color by 2045, according to the Census Bureau — is an existential threat to the Republican Party. It also appears to keep Mr. Trump awake at night, conjuring ways to hold back the tide. Early in his term, his administration laid plans to single out illegal immigrants, and scare them off, by having the census ask whether respondents were citizens. The Supreme Court blocked that foray last summer, having found the administration’s rationale “contrived.” But the president remains undeterred.

The challenges he faces in excluding illegal immigrants when allocating districts in the House of Representatives go beyond those that would likely stymie him in court. The fact is, there is no official count of undocumented immigrants, and the most widely accepted estimate of the current number — more than 10 million, according to the Pew Research Center — is an extrapolation from government figures; and it has been attacked as an undercount by some conservative groups. Federal law prohibits the government from using population estimates in the process of reapportionment.

Like many of the president’s actions and statements on immigration, this latest order is meant largely for the consumption of nativists in his GOP base, for whom the growing numbers of Hispanic and other immigrants, and their U.S.-born children, are an electoral nightmare. Rather than reckon with America’s diversity, they use every means at their disposal — suppressing the vote, ending asylum, impeding legal immigration — to turn back the clock. It’s a project doomed to fail, but Mr. Trump is all in.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... story.html

What Trump and the national Republican Party are trying to do now is little different from what former California Governor Pete Wilson and the CA GOP tried to do in the 1990s. Wilson tried to stop the inevitable ... the increased diversification of the population of California and the end of the domination of white conservatives in the state.

The result in California?

It is possible that no Republican will ever again win a California statewide office in our lifetimes. Even in San Diego, one of the last bastions of Republican power, the mayoral primaries resulted in two Democrats facing off in November ... no Republican candidate qualified for the general election.

That’s the price for hating immigrants and people of color ... as so many Trump supporters on our forum apparently do. Trump is hastening the demise of the Republican Party.

Good riddance.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
CU77

Post by CU77 »

After Trump got elected I thought that the nation might go the way of California.

California's last flirtation with Republicans was when Schwarzenegger jumped into a recall election against Democrat Governor Gray Davis in 2003. He actually did a decent job (and got elected to a second term in 2006), but he discovered that the Republicans in the Legislature were batsh*t insane, and so he worked with the Democrat majority to get stuff done. This drove the other Republicans even more bananas, and they lost even more seats. By 2011, Republicanism was essentially completely defunct, and it's been all Democrats all the time.

Now Trump is discrediting Republicanism at a national level. He's doing it differently: by being totally incompetent and uncaring himself, as well as demonstrating that about other Republicans.

Result is the same though: blue tsunami.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

CU77 wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:08 pm After Trump got elected I thought that the nation might go the way of California.

California's last flirtation with Republicans was when Schwarzenegger jumped into a recall election against Democrat Governor Gray Davis in 2003. He actually did a decent job (and got elected to a second term in 2006), but he discovered that the Republicans in the Legislature were batsh*t insane, and so he worked with the Democrat majority to get stuff done. This drove the other Republicans even more bananas, and they lost even more seats. By 2011, Republicanism was essentially completely defunct, and it's been all Democrats all the time.

Now Trump is discrediting Republicanism at a national level. He's doing it differently: by being totally incompetent and uncaring himself, as well as demonstrating that about other Republicans.

"After Trump got elected I thought that the nation might go the way of California."

You mean the rest of America would be doing bongs for breakfast too? :lol:
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

CU77 wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:08 pm After Trump got elected I thought that the nation might go the way of California.

Yep. Looking out for #1 - https://theweek.com/speedreads/927539/j ... ction-wing
CU77

Post by CU77 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:13 pm "After Trump got elected I thought that the nation might go the way of California."

I'm actually pretty unhappy about that part. I live a few miles from the largest-production legal pot-growing area in the state. It used to be flower farming, but pot seemed like it would be more lucrative, so most the flower farmers switched. Two local country supervisors, now known as the "doobie brothers", pushed through lax county regulations that allowed outside businesses to take control of most of it.

Now the stench in that area is unbelievable. Property values in nearby suburban tracts (already a relatively poor area) are crashing. AND there is way too much product, with prices also being undercut by illegal growers in more remote areas.

The whole thing is a huge mess.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:28 pm

Yep. Looking out for #1 - https://theweek.com/speedreads/927539/j ... ction-wing
Are folks actually still under the misconception that trump is a republican? His survival in NYC was based on all his contributions to the democrats whose palms needed to be greased with $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. These same democrats who happily took his money for years and years all of a sudden realized what a pig he is. :?
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
CU77

Post by CU77 »

Look at Trump's approval ratings among self-identified Republicans and Democrats.

Whatever he once was, he is now a Republican. In fact he is THE Republican, as loyalty to him (and may God's peace be upon him) is the sole test for whether a Republican office holder will face a primary challenge from a more loyal trumpista.
DMac

Post by DMac »

CU77 wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:31 pm Now the stench in that area is unbelievable. Property values in nearby suburban tracts (already a relatively poor area) are crashing. AND there is way too much product, with prices also being undercut by illegal growers in more remote areas.

Now, now, 77, one man's stench is another man's party to the nose recptors. ;)
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:28 pm

Imagine having to go, hat in hand, to Kushner for anything of value.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:13 pm

"After Trump got elected I thought that the nation might go the way of California."

One of California’s great products of the last 30 years:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=h0i62GnQoo0
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

CU77 wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:31 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:13 pm "After Trump got elected I thought that the nation might go the way of California."

I'm actually pretty unhappy about that part. I live a few miles from the largest-production legal pot-growing area in the state. It used to be flower farming, but pot seemed like it would be more lucrative, so most the flower farmers switched. Two local country supervisors, now known as the "doobie brothers", pushed through lax county regulations that allowed outside businesses to take control of most of it.

Now the stench in that area is unbelievable. Property values in nearby suburban tracts (already a relatively poor area) are crashing. AND there is way too much product, with prices also being undercut by illegal growers in more remote areas.

Mendocino is still nice. Humboldt? Eh.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

“I wish you would!”
6x6

Post by 6x6 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:46 pm
CU77 wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:31 pm

Mendocino is still nice. Humboldt? Eh.
Coincidentally speaking of Austin music.....funny to compare the two videos though....

https://youtu.be/epc1hDkbfLM

https://youtu.be/nFbI8uVUFP4
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Different takes but creative, better than just copying someone else’s song directly (cough, Weezer doing Africa, cough)
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Longtime City Dweller says Goodbye to DC:

https://humanevents.com/2020/07/23/good ... ington-dc/

This is how many, many people who left city life feel.

Despite what the left wants you to believe, and the actions of pandering mayors, government-mandated sympathy is not a thing. And this is why many people are not supporting in BLM.
a fan

Post by a fan »

kramerica.inc wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:03 pm Longtime City Dweller says Goodbye to DC:

Despite what the left wants you to believe, and the actions of pandering mayors, government-mandated sympathy is not a thing. And this is why many people are not supporting in BLM.
He's complaining about not being able to enjoy tea and a bad metro, and claiming that the DC Mayor violated the social contract.

He's too busy worrying about his tea to realize that that social contract doesn't exist for many Americans.

He's literally describing what's been happening in America over the last 30 years------it's the the separation of the have's and the have nots. So he says when the Metro doesn't work well, instead of working to make the system better in DC-----the have's instead, choose Uber. Problem solved, right?

And this genius is upset that that the have nots would dare to interrupt his afternoon tea by complaining that they have NEVER had a social contract with the DC Mayor. And he has NO IDEA he's doing this.

He's a lobbyist, btw. For big oil and fracking.

We're gutting our cities, folks. But hey, enjoy those low taxes, right? I'm sure we're not doing long term damage to our country.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:29 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:03 pm Longtime City Dweller says Goodbye to DC:

He's complaining about not being able to enjoy tea and a bad metro, and claiming that the DC Mayor violated the social contract.

He's too busy worrying about his tea to realize that that social contract doesn't exist for many Americans.

He's literally describing what's been happening in America over the last 30 years------it's the the separation of the have's and the have nots. So he says when the Metro doesn't work well, instead of working to make the system better in DC-----the have's instead, choose Uber. Problem solved, right?

And this genius is upset that that the have nots would dare to interrupt his afternoon tea by complaining that they have NEVER had a social contract with the DC Mayor. And he has NO IDEA he's doing this.

He's a lobbyist, btw. For big oil and fracking.

We're gutting our cities, folks. But hey, enjoy those low taxes, right? I'm sure we're not doing long term damage to our country.
Your post is quite confusing....you are arguing he is a genius and insert he's a lobbyist, as if that metters in his decision, then finsih with 'we are gutting out cities', that tends to validate his decision, which is primarily about gov't lack of leadership.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Of course it’s been happening for years. It’s why many cities are gutted, as you said.

He understands the difference between the haves and have nots.

His contention is that he is in the “have” camp, has paid his taxes, been the dutiful citizen, and that’s still not enough.

Return to “POLITICS”