Orange Duce

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Trinity

Re: Orange Duce

Post by Trinity »

Ratcliffe lasted half a Scaramucci. Resume inflation is still a sin.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
ggait

Post by ggait »

So Trump says that he lets the press, not the WH, vet his nominees. Press does a good job at that and saves lots of money as compared to having the WH staff actually do their jobs. But in this case, the press did a bad/unfair job on the Rat.

Forking moron.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

old salt wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:30 pm Coats was no more qualified than Radcliffe to be DNI. He just kissed MSM ass.
I agree. Neither chap had the depth of experience to do an adequate job as DNI. No effing way. Now compare their quals to the well-honed nous and big-picture, forward-thinking qualities of Gentle Ben and Betsy.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:23 pm Is this the sort of thing that got Mike Rogers nixed by Trump the first go round?
Rogers, who retired in 2018, put this belief in accountability in practice after a serious situation arose and President Obama needed to be notified. He said he gathered in the White House situation room with the National Security team, cabinet members, the Secretary of Defense, the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and the President. Rogers told them the situation had “significant” implications for the country and “quite frankly, we have failed.”

Rogers told the room he was willing to step down to restore the nation’s confidence in the mission. But in “one of the greatest lessons in leadership I ever saw, [President Obama] stops me for a minute and he says, ‘Admiral, let there be no doubt in your mind, I have the ultimate accountability.’ And I just thought to myself, ‘That is a leader. That is someone who understands [that] you’re there when things are going well, and when things aren’t going so well, you stand up and take a round for your team.”

“You could never be a leader without being accountable.”
Hadn’t read that before, kudos to Obama.

I somehow still believe that in that unscheduled meeting Rodgers had with Trump in his Tower, that Rodgers shared some telling intel that Trumps holds in his back pocket. It was enough that Trump respects him too much to drag him into the swamp.

Yes, I used my tinfoil hat to wrap up the left over marbled ribeye.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:51 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:23 pm Is this the sort of thing that got Mike Rogers nixed by Trump the first go round?
Rogers, who retired in 2018, put this belief in accountability in practice after a serious situation arose and President Obama needed to be notified. He said he gathered in the White House situation room with the National Security team, cabinet members, the Secretary of Defense, the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and the President. Rogers told them the situation had “significant” implications for the country and “quite frankly, we have failed.”

Rogers told the room he was willing to step down to restore the nation’s confidence in the mission. But in “one of the greatest lessons in leadership I ever saw, [President Obama] stops me for a minute and he says, ‘Admiral, let there be no doubt in your mind, I have the ultimate accountability.’ And I just thought to myself, ‘That is a leader. That is someone who understands [that] you’re there when things are going well, and when things aren’t going so well, you stand up and take a round for your team.”

“You could never be a leader without being accountable.”
Hadn’t read that before, kudos to Obama.

I somehow still believe that in that unscheduled meeting Rodgers had with Trump in his Tower, that Rodgers shared some telling intel that Trumps holds in his back pocket. It was enough that Trump respects him too much to drag him into the swamp.

Yes, I used my tinfoil hat to wrap up the left over marbled ribeye.
I hope the ribeye was better than the theory that "Trump respects him too much". For a 'conspiracy theory' more likely Rogers pressed Trump on his Russia connections, or was forthright about his own views of Russia as a threat, and Trump got uncomfortable. The notion of being 'accountable' simply isn't in Trump's vocabulary.
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

Trinity wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:09 pm Ratcliffe lasted half a Scaramucci. Resume inflation is still a sin.
They became suspicious when he claimed to have taken down Darth Vader.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Trump won't allow Gordon to be acting DNI:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/02/us/p ... ion=Footer

"The White House is planning to block Sue Gordon, the nation’s No. 2 intelligence official, from rising to the role of acting director of national intelligence when Dan Coats steps down this month, according to people familiar with the Trump administration’s plans.

The decision to circumvent Ms. Gordon, who has served as the principal deputy director in the Office of the Director of National Intelligence, will probably upset Republicans and Democrats in the Senate. They have expressed doubts about Representative John Ratcliffe, Republican of Texas, who is President Trump’s choice to be the next Senate-confirmed leader of the agency.

Mr. Trump did not allow Ms. Gordon to personally deliver a recent intelligence briefing after she arrived at the White House, according to a person familiar with the matter. A spokeswoman for the Office of the Director of the National Intelligence, Amanda J. Schoch, said Ms. Gordon was not blocked from attending any recent briefing, but she declined to comment about what happened inside the Oval Office.

Opposition in the White House to letting her serve as acting director has raised the question of whether she will be ousted as part of a leadership shuffle at the intelligence director’s office that will be more to Mr. Trump’s liking.

A federal statute says that if the position of director of national intelligence becomes vacant, the deputy director — currently Ms. Gordon — shall serve as acting director."

But there appears to be a loophole: The law gives the White House much more flexibility in choosing who to appoint as the acting deputy if the No. 2 position is vacant, said Robert M. Chesney, a law professor at the University of Texas at Austin, who specializes in national-security legal issues.

Ms. Gordon will retire if told by the White House that Mr. Trump wants someone else in the deputy’s role who could then rise to fill the vacancy created when Mr. Coats departs, according to officials.

Ms. Gordon, who has served more than 30 years in intelligence posts at the C.I.A. and other agencies, has not been officially informed by the White House that Mr. Trump intends to name someone else to oversee the intelligence agency until the Senate confirms a new director of national intelligence, officials said."

OK, who? Devin Nunes?
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

https://www.msnbc.com/deadline-white-ho ... 5187397603

Poor Ratface. He joins Trump's pantheon of those "unfairly treated by the lame-stream media". Quite an august group...Flynn, Epstein, Stone, Kavanagh, Mitch, the reconstituted version of "Cutie Pie" Lindsey, Meadows, Da' Mooch, Kelly, Roy Moore, Alt Facts Conway......along with many other PATRIOTS.

TOO BAD, SO SAD.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

“I wish you would!”
wahoomurf

Donny D-K

Post by wahoomurf »

I've been looking for a term that 'splains why thisTRUMP guy captured the hearts and minds of so many Americans. EUREKA (apologies to Archimedes).I just may have found the answer.

Behold the Dunning-Kramer Effect : It's defined as a cognitive bias in which people mistakenly assess their cognitive ability as greater than it is. Related to the cognitive bias of illusory superiority and comes from the inability of people to recognize their lack of ability.

Likely the reason Trump(DD-K) has so many butt-sniffing followers in Congress (think poor old Ted Cruz), the Dictators DD-K strives to emulate, the soybean farmers that reap the reward$ of his tariffs and of course DD-K's many apologists here on LAXFAN. :roll:
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

The President actually said this today at Morristown Municipal Airport after a weekend of golf in New Jersey. He really did say this. “Hate has no place in our country.”
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

TLD:Mark Twain said, "it's easier to fool people than convince them they've been fooled."
FOOLED ? ;) WHY ? Could it be The Dunning-Kramer Effect? This Trump guy and so many of his FANLAX acolytes appear to be practitioners. Defined as a cognitive bias in which people mistakenly assess their cognitive ability as greater than it is. Further, DKE is related to the cognitive bias of illusory superiority and comes from the inability of people to recognize their lack of ability. HUH? ;)
Mark Twain was a master of reducing the complex and arcane to a succinct few words. A Friggin Genius.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Deporable!

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/politic ... 0000-event

Donald Trump, who's going to El Paso this week, owes city more than $500K for his February rally.
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

Apologize for the Scottish guy, but..........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maowkilRvZE

".....david duke, a bigot, a racist....a problem "
oligarchy thanks you......same as it evah was
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

ABV 8.3% wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:39 am Apologize for the Scottish guy, but..........

So, when Trump said during the 2016 campaign that he didn’t know who David Duke is, was he just senile?
Andersen

Post by Andersen »

runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:43 am
ABV 8.3% wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:39 am Apologize for the Scottish guy, but..........

So, when Trump said during the 2016 campaign that he didn’t know who David Duke is, was he just senile?
vapidness and brushing the teeth, hopefully twice daily. tRump is a horrible human. Doesn't mean he toys with YOUR media in saying such idiotic things.

MSM research is lame. Just look how they have been constantly asking Tulsi Gabbard about Assad/Sryia....since Feb. It's pathetic.

Predicted someone would bring up his obvious toying with the media's, when he said he had no idea. Get it now?
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

runrussellrun wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:29 pm

vapidness and brushing the teeth, hopefully twice daily. tRump is a horrible human. Doesn't mean he toys with YOUR media in saying such idiotic things.

MSM research is lame. Just look how they have been constantly asking Tulsi Gabbard about Assad/Sryia....since Feb. It's pathetic.

Predicted someone would bring up his obvious toying with the media's, when he said he had no idea. Get it now?
As usual, not sure I can decipher your point.

It was obvious to most of us, then, including Jake Tapper, that Trump was lying about it.
Why do you think he drives them crazy...very rarely has our society run across someone who lies so baldfacedly, so often.

I dunno about Tulsi, I haven't noticed the MSM media paying enough attention to her to notice if she'd been asked the question again and again.
I don't recall it being asked during the debates a single time, but I may have missed it?

BTW, what's her answer?
When I read about it long ago, I sure wondered what she'd been thinking. And whether she regretted it.

Everyone gets a couple of strikes before they're out, but I'd like to at least understand.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Had to just to remind myself how strongly he denied knowing who Duke is, and refused to turn away support from white supremacist groups:

Check out the scroll beneath Tapper and Trump; classic!

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=tr ... ORM=VRDGAR
LandM

Post by LandM »

Last 2 nights in ND now in MN.
Lots and lots and lots of trains. All near a RV park😄. Every 20 minutes and they toot :roll: All carrying coal. Sat at bar (no tables) and two young guys are in ND training miner management in 3 mines on coal production and productivity. Have mines in AL as that fuels the steel production. Mentioned coal was dead and they laughed. Granted in industry conversation but both were PhD’s. Not defending orange but lots and lots of trains.

Brookie if you get this far in this response - now we are in lake country - beautiful. New side to MN in Garfield off 94. I am looking for the cat :shock:

Return to “POLITICS”