media matters

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
old salt

Re: media matters

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:56 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:55 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:19 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:18 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:51 pm Grenada and Iraq were equal.
They are to the families of those who did not return.

My first cousin was a med student in Grenada then. He was grateful to be rescued.
:lol: :lol: :lol: “Rescued”…from who?
They were trapped in the middle of a violent revolution. They were restricted to campus, running out of food & water, & subject to shoot on sight martial law if they left campus.
Who were they rescued from?
PRA & Cuban paramilitary.

https://www.nytimes.com/1983/10/28/worl ... raise.html
FROM RESCUED STUDENTS, GRATITUTE AND PRAISE
old salt

Post by old salt »

old salt wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:58 pm

My first cousin was a med student in Grenada then. He was grateful to be rescued.
They were trapped in the middle of a violent revolution. They were restricted to campus, running out of food & water, & subject to shoot on sight martial law if they left campus.

https://www.armyupress.army.mil/Journal ... gent-Fury/
...open-source military periodicals indicated a potentially sizable force. There were 701 Cuban Revolutionary Armed Forces (FAR) troops on Grenada. Of these, 43 advised (and, in some cases, commanded) PRA units. Ten Ministry of Interior officers provided similar advice to the People’s Revolutionary Militia (PRM). The Cuban construction engineer battalion was armed and organized as a military unit. The engineers lived in barracks, carried weapons and had received defense orders from Fidel Castro and their commander, Colonel Pedro Tortoló Comas. Air reinforcement from Cuba was possible.

The Grenadian PRA was composed of two infantry battalions, an antiaircraft battery and an artillery battery. This force had trained to deal with US airborne and amphibious tactics. Its armament included six BTR60PBs and some BRDM2 armored vehicles (which are still used by the Soviets), seven 130mm towed artillery pieces and six twin 23mm towed air defense guns. The PRA was supplemented by seven PRM infantry battalions which had conducted major anti-invasion maneuvers in April 1983.

Soviet, Libyan, North Korean, East German and Bulgarian contingents were on the island. The Soviets, in particular, were rather well armed for “diplomats.”

The total possible opposition to the US operation was 10 battalions plus combat support and combat service support units. US staff planning officers had to plan for the worst case. As it turned out, both the Cubans (who had almost 12-percent casualties) and the Grenadian PRA fought hard for the first two days. The PRM did not contribute much to the island’s defense.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:07 pm afan -- you are incredibly dishonest the way you restate my position, too many to pick apart all of them, examples --

-- I did not say the riots were Pelosi's fault. She was partially at fault for the inadequate defense of the Capitol
:lol: Right. It's not her fault. It's only partially her fault. Did she trick the rioters into storming that building, OS?
old salt wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:07 pm obtw -- you say I never criticize Trump. I've repeatedly said he fomented a riot on Jan 6th & is not qualified for future service.
I JUST said you don't criticize Trump's policies. This isn't a policy. But sure, there's one. :roll: But this is qualified, naturally, with (snicker) Pelosi failing to guard the Capitol building. It's "partially" her fault.
old salt wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:07 pm - I repeatedly said the Jan 6 rioters should be prosecuted & sentenced, as should the BLM/Antifa rioters. They should all be punished to the same standard.
Yep. You said that. But that isn't ALL you said. For one group? Oh, more words of condemnation. And added hyperbole that they were far more severe than they actually were. For the other? Out comes Nancy Pelosi and other dumb excuses and scapegoats.

THAT is the problem. You can't help yourself but to maximize something you don't like....and minimize something you DO like.
old salt wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:07 pm FTR -- I advocated deadly force for Jan 6th & said Babbit deserved her fate, she knew what to expect.
I remember that. But again, that's not ALL you said.
old salt wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:07 pm -- All riots are not the same ? You think the BLM/Antifa riots are ok & the Jan 6 riots are an armed insurrection ?
I said all of this at the time...and feel the same today:

-I think the BLM riots were from people who were fed up, and who are sick of the broken social contract by their government----a freaking Dem-controlled government, FFS. YOU should join in with their complaints. And then bad actors joined in....regular ol' criminals...for the violent stuff. I know this, because I saw it myself in Denver, and know doggone well that happened in other cities.

-I think that Jan 6th was a bunch of idiots having a temper tantrum because their guy lost. But for the people who didn't enter the building? I've got their back 1000%. Even though I think they're a bunch of idiots? Protesting the government is as American as it gets. Good for them for going to DC peacefully.

-Antifa? I mocked you for falling for FoxNews insisting what they did was on a massive scale----when it was tee-tiny, and mocked FoxNation for claiming they're a Dem wing. They HATE the Dems just as much as the R's. And Yep, they're idiots.

But----but----what Antifa did was 1000% more dangerous than Jan6th. Why do I say this? Fire. The use of Fire. Intentionally, by organized morons. My opinion? You threaten buildings (which means people) with fire? You go to jail for a LONG time

That's it. That's what it looks like to call balls and strikes, OS.

Jan 6th could have had DOZENS dead, if the Police didn't figure out on the spot that was a bad idea. And we got LUCKY that those idiots didn't run into Senators. But I'm delighted to report that Antifa in Portland was WORSE, even though it was a far smaller protest....because some of those reckless idiots thought FIRE was a good idea. Fire can kill dozens of people with one single match.

So no, they're not all the same.
old salt wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:07 pm You need to get over your Fox phobia. Facts are still facts, no matter who reports them.
That's not it, and you know it.

What is "FoxNation nonsense" is you parroting chapter and verse of Hannity blaming Pelosi for ANY of the actions of others. Don't even bring her up. Just don't. I didn't blame Portland officials for not having fire hoses on hand to put the fire out immediately, for heaven's sake. I blamed the idiots who carried and threw the fire.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:06 pm \
old salt wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:07 pm -- All riots are not the same ? You think the BLM/Antifa riots are ok & the Jan 6 riots are an armed insurrection ?

-I think the BLM riots were from people who were fed up, and who are sick of the broken social contract by their government----a freaking Dem-controlled government, FFS. YOU should join in with their complaints. And then bad actors joined in....regular ol' criminals...for the violent stuff. I know this, because I saw it myself in Denver, and know doggone well that happened in other cities.

-I think that Jan 6th was a bunch of idiots having a temper tantrum because their guy lost. But for the people who didn't enter the building? I've got their back 1000%. Even though I think they're a bunch of idiots? Protesting the government is as American as it gets. Good for them for going to DC peacefully.

-Antifa? I mocked you for falling for FoxNews insisting what they did was on a massive scale----when it was tee-tiny, and mocked FoxNation for claiming they're a Dem wing. They HATE the Dems just as much as the R's. And Yep, they're idiots.

But----but----what Antifa did was 1000% more dangerous than Jan6th. Why do I say this? Fire. The use of Fire. Intentionally, by organized morons. My opinion? You threaten buildings (which means people) with fire? You go to jail for a LONG time
On Jan 6, like the BLM/Antifa riots, you had a core of violent, destructive criminals, hiding in the midst of mostly peaceful protesters.
I'm not giving any of them a pass. I want them all judged equally. The Dems ignored Antifa, even when they burned.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:58 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

http://america.aljazeera.com/articles/2 ... eagan.html

You do know that the USA invasion isn’t taught in Grenadian schools….
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:14 pm

On Jan 6, like the BLM/Antifa riots, you had a core of violent, destructive criminals, hiding in the midst of mostly peaceful protesters.
I'm not giving any of them a pass. I want them all judged equally. The Dems ignored Antifa, even when they burned.
Then leave the Pelosi blame out of it. She's not to blame for someone else's actions.

It appears you agree with my assessment. And there we have the peace.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:21 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:14 pm

Then leave the Pelosi blame out of it. She's not to blame for someone else's actions.

It appears you agree with my assessment. And there we have the peace.
I mentioned Pelosi because her guidance to the CPB was the reason the Jan 6 committee did not address the security issue.
Thanks to FNC, we finally heard from the CP Chief on that. He wasn't heard in the Jan 6 comm public testimony. Now we know why.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Like I said off the deep end. Pretty sad, really.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:27 pm I mentioned Pelosi because her guidance to the CPB was the reason the Jan 6 committee did not address the security issue.
Thanks to FNC, we finally heard from the CP Chief on that. He wasn't heard in the Jan 6 comm public testimony. Now we know why.
That's an entirely different conversation.

But if you want a comment: Happy---overjoyed-----to agree with you that the Jan 6th committee was a partisan mess.

Sure would have been nice for the R's to lead the doggone thing, don't you think? And REALLY looked at the thing like adults?

We never get that with these things. I'm surely not blaming just the Dems for this state of affairs.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:43 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:27 pm I mentioned Pelosi because her guidance to the CPB was the reason the Jan 6 committee did not address the security issue.

But if you want a comment: Happy---overjoyed-----to agree with you that the Jan 6th committee was a partisan mess.

Sure would have been nice for the R's to lead the doggone thing, don't you think? And REALLY looked at the thing like adults?

We never get that with these things. I'm surely not blaming just the Dems for this state of affairs.
It's relevant to the discussion on FNC. They put Chief Sund on the air when the Jan 6 comm would not.
I don't recall seeing him on CNN or MSNBC before that, but I could have missed it.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:57 pm

It's relevant to the discussion on FNC. They put Chief Sund on the air when the Jan 6 comm would not.
I don't recall seeing him on CNN or MSNBC before that, but I could have missed it.
You did. No harm, no foul.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/tv/2023/01/0 ... r-live.cnn
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:32 pm

Good interview by Jake Tapper (3 mos ago). They did not go into the comms on Jan 6 between Sund & Pelosi via the CPB & the delay it caused.
Last night on the FNC interview was the first time I heard about it.
Having heard Chief Sund's side of the story, with Pelosi now out of the loop,
McCarthy & Shumer should rehire him, imo. He was in a no win situation.
He should have been allowed to hash out his NG request with DoD well in advance.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

old salt wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:14 pm [On Jan 6, like the BLM/Antifa riots, you had a core of violent, destructive criminals, hiding in the midst of mostly peaceful protesters.
As mentioned, off the deep end. What the heck were you watching during this event? SO FAR....over 1,000 charged and north of 600 convicted or plead guilty to a variety or misdemeanors and felonies including seditious conspiracy. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Nowhere close to the protests near Lafayette Park a few years back where you were gloating over Nat Guard helos being used to disperse crowds
Last edited by Kismet on Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 11:12 pm
a fan wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:32 pm

Good interview by Jake Tapper (3 mos ago). They did not go into the comms on Jan 6 between Sund & Pelosi via the CPB & the delay it caused.
Last night on the FNC interview was the first time I heard about it.
Having heard Chief Sund's side of the story, with Pelosi now out of the loop,
McCarthy & Shumer should rehire him, imo. He was in a no win situation.
He should have been allowed to hash out his NG request with DoD well in advance.
Does not sound like friendly tourists and patriots to me…..what about you? It was no big deal right? Overblown? Why make calls?

A joke of an interview by Hannity. He was fishing for specific answers and he wasn’t getting them.
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Kismet wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 6:02 am
old salt wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:14 pm [On Jan 6, like the BLM/Antifa riots, you had a core of violent, destructive criminals, hiding in the midst of mostly peaceful protesters.
As mentioned, off the deep end. What the heck were you watching during this event? SO FAR....over 1,000 charged and north of 600 convicted or plead guilty to a variety or misdemeanors and felonies including seditious conspiracy. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
I’d like an analysis of the malice and the palace please..
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
old salt

Post by old salt »

Nowhere close to the protests near Lafayette Park a few years back where you were gloating over Nat Guard helos being used to disperse crowds
That's ok, Kamala told 'em where to go for bail money.

A NG helo hovering over the Capitol steps on Jan 6th would have pushed the crowd back. Especially if it had a loud speaker & door gunners.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

old salt wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 1:33 pm

A NG helo hovering over the Capitol steps on Jan 6th would have pushed the crowd back. Especially if it had a loud speaker & door gunners.
Your Tommy tough Nuts guys at the time - how many felonies/misdemeanors did they prosecute and convict?
After Benedict Donald came out of the basement to go to church........ :D :D :D :D :D
old salt

Post by old salt »

Kismet wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 1:38 pm

Your Tommy tough Nuts guys at the time - how many felonies/misdemeanors did they prosecute and convict?
After Benedict Donald came out of the basement to go to church........ :D :D :D :D :D
It was up to DC, it was their jurisdiction, not the Feds. The Capitol is different.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 1:51 pm

It was up to DC, it was their jurisdiction, not the Feds. The Capitol is different.
In what way?
“I wish you would!”
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 1:52 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 1:51 pm

In what way?
and while you're at it, please do explain that Lafayette and the WH vicinity are under the enforcement control of the US Park Police which last time I checked is a FEDERAL jurisdiction agency just like the Capitol except that that the primary agency of jurisdiction enforcement.
there is the US Capitol police.

DoJ IG issued a report on it - DoJJ is also a FEDERAL agency.

https://www.doioig.gov/reports/review/r ... yette-park

HUMINA! HUMINA!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “POLITICS”