media matters

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
a fan

Re: media matters

Post by a fan »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:18 pm
dislaxxic wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 11:49 am Hundreds of defense attorneys WISH they could call it a "peaceful tourist visit"...
To sustain his false claims that the January 6 Committee released a biased selection of videos, Tucker Carlson has insinuated that only he and the J6C have had access to the video of the attack.

That’s, of course, false. The defense attorneys have had access to most of the same video to which Tucker has claimed exclusive access. In fact, his claims that Jacob Chansley was unfairly treated is an implicit attack on Albert Watkins, Chansley’s defense attorney during the period he pled guilty to facts Tucker ignored, such as that he ignored an officer’s direction to get out of Mike Pence’s seat or that he “considered it a win” that Members of Congress had to “hunker down, put on their gas masks and retreat into their underground bunker.” (Chansley has since retained William Shipley, an even more partisan attorney, one who has sown partisan nonsense about legal cases going at least as far back as the Mike Flynn case.)

Plus, defense attorneys have had access to far more: the other evidence collected as part of the investigation. In responses to two defendants — Ryan Nichols and Shane Jenkins — attempting to delay their trials so they might review the files Tucker has boasted about accessing, DOJ has laid out the evidence available to defense attorneys (this is the version submitted in the Jenkins case).
Just amazing how habitual lying has become the bread and butter of the current version of the GOP... :shock:

Does Carlson not think that, by now, with hundreds of cases done and others still coursing through the system, no attorney would have sought this in the course of discovery and receipt of Brady information? Complete bullsh*t. There is no purpose other than burnishing the "lying brand" and keeping then grievance quotient happy, watching, and buying pillows. The Carlson show on January 6 has done almost as much damage as the Dominion lies, but this time in only a single segment.
He knows EXACTLY what he's doing. He knows that those Defense teams had these videos, and more.

How do you all think the Jan 6th riots happened in the first place? Manipulation. And the smarter elements of the Republican party and their smarter voters tolerate this behavior.....knowing full well what's happening.
njbill

Post by njbill »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:23 pm Legal folks:

Sicknick family lawsuit? probably not, right?

Any other liability?

Question, can Dominion's suit be broadened to personally include Carlson, Hannity et al who they now have in writing as the key, knowing actors in the defamation?

Are there other suits in progress? Against My Pillow, Sydney, etc?

Any other plaintiffs have sound causes of action now with this discovery material?
This will only be partially responsive and partially tongue in cheek.

I thought that Tucker and some of the others were already named defendants, but I could be wrong about that. If they are not, I think it is quite unlikely that they could be added as additional defendants at this late date. The case is set for trial in April. I’d be quite surprised if the judge would allow new parties to be brought in a month before trial.

I think Josh Hawley has a very strong defamation case against Tucker for playing a video showing Joshie is evidently the slowest Senator in Congress. Apparently, Dianne Feinstein, Chuck Grassley, Patrick Leahy, Mitch McConnell, and the other octogenarians can run faster than Hawley can. Sad. Just sad.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

njbill wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 3:33 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:23 pm Legal folks:

Sicknick family lawsuit? probably not, right?

Any other liability?

Question, can Dominion's suit be broadened to personally include Carlson, Hannity et al who they now have in writing as the key, knowing actors in the defamation?

Are there other suits in progress? Against My Pillow, Sydney, etc?

Any other plaintiffs have sound causes of action now with this discovery material?
This will only be partially responsive and partially tongue in cheek.

I thought that Tucker and some of the others were already named defendants, but I could be wrong about that. If they are not, I think it is quite unlikely that they could be added as additional defendants at this late date. The case is set for trial in April. I’d be quite surprised if the judge would allow new parties to be brought in a month before trial.

I think Josh Hawley has a very strong defamation case against Tucker for playing a video showing Joshie is evidently the slowest Senator in Congress. Apparently, Dianne Feinstein, Chuck Grassley, Patrick Leahy, Mitch McConnell, and the other octogenarians can run faster than Hawley can. Sad. Just sad.
I thought Pirro (hiccup) and Dobbs were the Fox personalities named as individual defendants, but the complaint seems to identify only FNC as a defendant. It does have individual paragraphs in the Parties and Relevant Non-Parties" section relating to Bartiromo, Dobbs, Hannity, Carlson, and Pirro (hic...) from Fox, and Giuliani, Powell, and Lindell as separate circus performers. Not sure if Dominion tried to amend at some point to add Fox Corporation.
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:23 am
old salt wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:24 am Stay tuned on this too. Wait & see what comes out on the Jan 6 video & see how that aligns with MSNBC's coverage of the Jan 6 committee.
I missed this doozy...well, we've now seen what Fox and Carlson did with the 41 hours of video...and we've seen McConnell's and a bunch of other GOP Senators' reaction, the head of the Capitol police's reaction, the reaction of the Brian Sicknick family...

Tell us, which was the "lie"???
What was the lie ? That the protesters killed police, specifically Officer Sicknick.

I haven't followed it closely, but I saw how deceptively the msm, Dems & then Jan 6 comm depicted events --
from the large number of nonviolent protesters inside the building to the selective editing of Hawley jogging, not alone, but behind a pack of
others, as directed by the CP..

The footage of the Q Shaman showed that, even though he pleaded guilty, his sentence was excessive for what was actually non-violent trespassing, especially in comparison to the sentences or non-prosecution of violent protesters in Portland & other BLM/Antia riot cities.

That's enough to undermine the credibility of the Jan 6 committee & their commercially produced made-for-tv docudrama,
which ignored the entire security issue to cover for Pelosi's negligence in failing to protect the Capitol in the face of an known threat,
then scapegoating her Capitol Police Chief.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 4:13 pm
old salt wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:24 am Stay tuned on this too. Wait & see what comes out on the Jan 6 video & see how that aligns with MSNBC's coverage of the Jan 6 committee.
I missed this doozy...well, we've now seen what Fox and Carlson did with the 41 hours of video...and we've seen McConnell's and a bunch of other GOP Senators' reaction, the head of the Capitol police's reaction, the reaction of the Brian Sicknick family...

What was the lie ? That the protesters killed police, specifically Officer Sicknick.

I haven't followed it closely, but I saw how deceptively the msm, Dems & then Jan 6 comm depicted events --
from the large number of nonviolent protesters inside the building to the selective editing of Hawley jogging, not alone, but behind a pack of

The footage of the Q Shaman showed that, even though he pleaded guilty, his sentence was excessive for what was actually non-violent trespassing, especially in comparison to the sentences or non-prosecution of violent protesters in Portland & other BLM/Antia riot cities.

That's enough to undermine the credibility of the Jan 6 committee & their commercially produced made-for-tv docudrama,
which ignored the entire security issue to cover for Pelosi's negligence in failing to protect the Capitol in the face of an known threat,
Oh, that's easy to respond to.

You know all the stuff that happened in Portland and BLM/Antifa riot cities (that you hilariously lump together in true FoxNation fashion...and naturally completely ignore how many of those people were indeed prosecuted)

It wasn't the rioters fault. It was the government's fault that that happened for "failing to protect the cities in the face of a known threat". :lol:

And Antifa? They were "tricked by the FBI" into attacking those Federal courthouses. So that makes it ok.

Anything else? Boy, these excuses of yours sure come in handy. Two sets of rules, OS. You never fail to play this game.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

The moron issued a written threat to the VP and left it in the Senate chamber. Maybe that's why he plead guilt and why he received the sentence he got.

No matter how you try the facts are that nearly 1,000 perps have been charged and over 600 have been convicted.

Keep shilling
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

njbill

Post by njbill »

In the fog of the day, and even in the days afterwards, yes, there were allegations that protesters had killed police officers, including Sitnik. Once the dust settled, it’s now clear that that wasn’t accurate. Sitnik, however, indisputably was attacked on January 6. Was it a complete and utter and unrelated coincidence that he had a stroke the next day? I know if I were a family member of his I would think not.

Tucker’s video actually shows indisputably that the QAnon shaman was guilty of the charges he pled guilty to, which were trespassing and disrupting a congressional proceeding. For some reason, Tucker omitted video where the guy made verbal threats and failed to disclose the written threat he made and left in the building that day.

Also, and material to his sentence, he brought a weapon into the building and carried it around all day, including into the Senate chamber, where he brandished it in the very same place that the chief justice of the supreme court presides over impeachment trials.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 4:24 pm

Oh, that's easy to respond to.

You know all the stuff that happened in Portland and BLM/Antifa riot cities (that you hilariously lump together in true FoxNation fashion...and naturally completely ignore how many of those people were indeed prosecuted)

It wasn't the rioters fault. It was the government's fault that that happened for "failing to protect the cities in the face of a known threat". :lol:

And Antifa? They were "tricked by the FBI" into attacking those Federal courthouses. So that makes it ok.

Anything else? Boy, these excuses of yours sure come in handy. Two sets of rules, OS. You never fail to play this game.
In some cases like Portland & Minneapolis, it was the government's fault for inadequate preparation & response.

Regarding sentences for other riots, Show Me. Has VP Harris backed a bail fund for the Jan 6th rioters ?

https://www.portlandtribune.com/news/91 ... 0f1b9.html

https://minnesotareformer.com/2021/05/2 ... struction/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/pu ... story.html
Prosecutors drop many rioting charges as dozens charged in D.C. protests appear in court
June 1, 2020

A car burns near the White House in Washington on Sunday.

Dozen of people arrested over the weekend when mass protests in the District erupted in mayhem were released from custody Monday after appearing in court on an array of charges, including burglary, destruction of property and violating a municipal curfew.

Although many of those arrested were charged by police with felony rioting, that charge was dropped by prosecutors in most cases.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 4:41 pm In some cases like Portland & Minneapolis, it was the government's fault for inadequate preparation & response.
Great news. The rioters are in the clear with you now.
old salt wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 4:41 pm Regarding sentences for other riots, Show Me. Has VP Harris backed a bail fund for the Jan 6th rioters ?

Prosecutors drop many rioting charges as dozens charged in D.C. protests appear in court
June 1, 2020

Dozen of people arrested over the weekend when mass protests in the District erupted in mayhem were released from custody Monday after appearing in court on an array of charges, including burglary, destruction of property and violating a municipal curfew.

Although many of those arrested were charged by police with felony rioting, that charge was dropped by prosecutors in most cases.
:lol: Next time, tell your team to not riot in a well-lit place with cameras everywhere with their faces showing.

All wars are not the same....that you understand with no trouble, right? Well..same thing with riots.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Well, we now have another instance of Salty truly off the deep end.

Let's be clear, being an Annapolis graduate and serving, presumably honorably, does not make one immune to partisan, click-bait trash later in life.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

a fan wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 5:05 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 4:41 pm In some cases like Portland & Minneapolis, it was the government's fault for inadequate preparation & response.
Great news. The rioters are in the clear with you now.
old salt wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 4:41 pm Regarding sentences for other riots, Show Me. Has VP Harris backed a bail fund for the Jan 6th rioters ?

June 1, 2020

:lol: Next time, tell your team to not riot in a well-lit place with cameras everywhere with their faces showing.

All wars are not the same....that you understand with no trouble, right? Well..same thing with riots.
Grenada and Iraq were equal.
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 5:57 pm Well, we now have another instance of Salty truly off the deep end.
Not possible. Don't you get it? I'm the one who's the problem here. These are reasonable, well thought out, non-partisan opinions we're getting from Old Salt.

That just "happen" to match up perfectly with FoxNation's greatest hits.

Antifa? Oh, these were horrible humans, who attacked a Federal Buidling.

Jan6th? Oh, that was just blown out of proportion, not a big deal, and oh, it's Nancy Pelosi's fault. He "tricked" them into breaking into the Senate WHILE IT WAS IN SESSION, and was just a sooper cool, relaxed gathering of best-buddies.

Old Salt can't manage to simply say: BOTH these groups are wankers, and should be prosecuted for what they did.

THAT is what calling balls and strikes looks like. Old Salt is pretending that he doesn't know this. And is pretending that I'm the problem here for calling out his nonstop double standards.

Double standards he didn't have before Trump arrived. The "Old" Water Cooler old salt? He'd give the Jan 6th idiots no quarter, no excuses, throw them in jail. And lecture the Republican party for letting these nutjobs into the Republican tent.

And say how lucky we were that day that dozens of people weren't killed...including Senators and their staff.

I want that guy back. Because he KNOWS he's better than this.
Typical Lax Dad

a fan wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 7:04 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 5:57 pm Well, we now have another instance of Salty truly off the deep end.
Not possible. Don't you get it? I'm the one who's the problem here. These are reasonable, well thought out, non-partisan opinions we're getting from Old Salt.

That just "happen" to match up perfectly with FoxNation's greatest hits.

Antifa? Oh, these were horrible humans, who attacked a Federal Buidling.

Jan6th? Oh, that was just blown out of proportion, not a big deal, and oh, it's Nancy Pelosi's fault. He "tricked" them into breaking into the Senate WHILE IT WAS IN SESSION, and was just a sooper cool, relaxed gathering of best-buddies.

Old Salt can't manage to simply say: BOTH these groups are wankers, and should be prosecuted for what they did.

THAT is what calling balls and strikes looks like. Old Salt is pretending that he doesn't know this. And is pretending that I'm the problem here for calling out his nonstop double standards.

Double standards he didn't have before Trump arrived. The "Old" Water Cooler old salt? He'd give the Jan 6th idiots no quarter, no excuses, throw them in jail. And lecture the Republican party for letting these nutjobs into the Republican tent.

And say how lucky we were that day that dozens of people weren't killed...including Senators and their staff.

I want that guy back. Because he KNOWS he's better than this.
That guy is gone. I found a letter that one of my college teammates sent me when he was abroad in Europe……that person is gone.
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

afan -- you are incredibly dishonest the way you restate my position, too many to pick apart all of them, examples --

-- I did not say the riots were Pelosi's fault. She was partially at fault for the inadequate defense of the Capitol
obtw -- you say I never criticize Trump. I've repeatedly said he fomented a riot on Jan 6th & is not qualified for future service.
-- I repeatedly said the Jan 6 rioters should be prosecuted & sentenced, as should the BLM/Antifa rioters. They should all be punished to the same standard. FTR -- I advocated deadly force for Jan 6th & said Babbit deserved her fate, she knew what to expect.
-- All riots are not the same ? You think the BLM/Antifa riots are ok & the Jan 6 riots are an armed insurrection ?

You need to get over your Fox phobia. Facts are still facts, no matter who reports them.
Last edited by old salt on Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Let's be clear, being an Annapolis graduate and serving, presumably honorably, does not make one immune to partisan, click-bait trash later in life.
Be specific. What have I said that's "off the deep end" ?
Presumably honorably ? :lol: When did you stop beating your wife ?
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:51 pm Grenada and Iraq were equal.
They are to the families of those who did not return.

My first cousin was a med student in Grenada then. He was grateful to be rescued.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:18 pm

My first cousin was a med student in Grenada then. He was grateful to be rescued.
:lol: :lol: :lol: “Rescued”…from who?
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:19 pm

They were trapped in the middle of a violent revolution. They were restricted to campus, running out of food & water, & subject to shoot on sight martial law if they left campus.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:55 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:19 pm

They were trapped in the middle of a violent revolution. They were restricted to campus, running out of food & water, & subject to shoot on sight martial law if they left campus.
Who were they rescued from?
“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”