"The Deep State" aka the American Intelligence Community

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
a fan

Re: "The Deep State" aka the American Intelligence Community

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 12:34 am The small redactions protect their "sources & methods.
:lol: "Small redactions" Entire pages are blacked out.

And this is just more fuel to the fire that you're full of sh(t, and trust the CIA and FBI implicitly. Without question.
old salt wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 12:34 am You're just vomiting on your keyboard now, to waste my time. I'm done.
Protip: don't respond. Especially when you can't defend your hypocrisy.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 12:02 am
old salt wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 11:44 pm It was not an investigation. It was intel that the IC became aware of. That does not mean they were investigating Clinton.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Right. G*d reached down and gave the info to Brennan. CIA agents didn't investigate documents or strategies that Hillary was employing in her campaign....because OS sez so. Therefore, it must be true.
Right. That's what those big satellite dishes at Ft Meade are for. Receiving intel from divine sources.
The spooks forwarded the intel to the FBI, recommending they investigate.
The FBI claims they didn't get that memo.

Reminder -- this is all from the final report by a highly regarded, non-partisan, career Fed Atty, acting as a Special Counsel.
It was a lengthy, exhaustive investigation. It's being dismissed for not yielding more indictments, not for it's thoroughness or inaccuracy.
The AG promptly released the report without change or comment

Again. From the analysis of the Durham report I posted 2 pages ago.
Durham was highly critical of the FBI’s “startling and inexplicable failure” to investigate the so-called “Clinton Intelligence Plan.”

In late July, 2016, U.S. intelligence agencies “obtained insight into Russian intelligence analysis” alleging Hillary Clinton approved a campaign plan to stir up a scandal against Trump, by “tying him to Putin and the Russians' hacking of the Democratic National Committee.”

Then-CIA Director John Brennan thought the information was important enough to brief the President, Vice President, Attorney General, the Director of National Intelligence, the FBI director and other senior officials.
On September 7, 2016, U.S. intelligence officials forwarded an investigative referral to Comey and Peter Strzok, but the two have said they don’t recall hearing about it. Numerous others at FBI were informed about it, the report said.

The report concludes the FBI:

Failed to act on what should have been—when combined with other incontrovertible facts—a clear warning sign that the FBI might then be the target of an effort to manipulate or influence the law enforcement process for political purposes during the 2016 presidential election.

The report notes in detail how false information intended to damage Trump – the Steele Dossier and the Alfa Bank claims – was provided to the FBI by people tied to the Clinton campaign. Had the FBI investigated what Durham termed the “Clinton intelligence plan” as it pursued its “Crossfire Hurricane” probe, it “would have increased the likelihood of alternative analytical hypotheses and reduced the risk of reputational damage both to the targets of the investigation as well as, ultimately, to the FBI.”

Durham added that if the FBI looked into the “Intelligence Plan,” it might at least have cast a critical eye on the phony evidence it was gathering in Crossfire Hurricane, and/or questioned whether it was “part of a political effort to smear a political opponent and to use the resources of the federal government's law enforcement and intelligence agencies in support of a political objective.”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

a fan wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 11:42 pm
old salt wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 11:20 pm Kushner accomplished a lot in our relations with Israel & the Arab states. During his time in the WH, no snitches or whistleblowers from within the IC blew any whistles on him, & you can bet he was being watched & monitored closely. It appears the President's confidence was warranted.

All you have is 7 year old suspicions, innuendo & more confirmation bias.
"I like his policies", is your lame answer.

Great news, then. Don't require any clearances for anyone who works in a Presidential Administration, since OS thinks they're doing the Lord's work, and he likes their policies.

That'll make it cheaper on this taxpayer. Neat to hear you tell me that you don't need clearances, so long as you're executing OS's policies. It's like I said: obviously this stuff ain't all that important, or you'd care about these things.

I trust enlisted and DoD people more than Kushner, so we can dispense with their clearances, too.

Boom, just saved the taxpayer a few million a year in wasted fancy paperwork that no one pays attention to anyway.
Kushner did accomplish a lot…by selling our nation out, have you seen the LPs in his new Israel fund?

What a joke and Old Joke
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 4:42 am Right. That's what those big satellite dishes at Ft Meade are for. Receiving intel from divine sources.
The spooks forwarded the intel to the FBI, recommending they investigate.
The FBI claims they didn't get that memo.
FFS, OS. The Steele Dossier was, according to you, "Russian intel that the CIA became aware of".....yet you're LIVID that the FBI used that.

Now you're telling me that CIA and Brennan do the EXACT SAME THING and hand Russian scuttlebutt that could EASILY be Russian disinformation.........and hand our officials unvetted stuff they "heard from the Russians"........and you're telling me this is just another day at the office that is perfectly acceptable behavior. Nothing to see here.

And naturally, you trust the CIA WITHOUT QUESTION when Hill is involved. Same thing applies to Hunter and the FBI. So neither institution's rep was damaged even a little.....for you, they just have to steer clear of those little R's, and they're flawless institutions again. Magic, and neat-o.

old salt wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 4:42 am Reminder -- this is all from the final report by a highly regarded, non-partisan, career Fed Atty, acting as a Special Counsel.
It was a lengthy, exhaustive investigation.
He's not highly regard, nor is he non-partisan. Sorry mate.

And no one cares what he thinks, especially me. I'm OVERJOYED our intel was all over both Hillary and TeamTrump. I don't care what YOUR opinion is. Not anymore.

YOUR opinion, regardless of subject, is: Dems bad. R's good. I can get that opinion from FoxNews any time I want. I don't need a second channel.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Further the Steele document was not what initiated tge investigation. Even further it was required to be looked into. Even further it has results are known. Further yet the Russians did interfere with the Trump team cooperating and exchanging data
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Wait, Durham was "highly regarded"???

You mean up until he joined "Trump World" he'd stayed out of the limelight, seemed like a credible guy because he'd investigated a corrupt Republican Governor?

But like nearly everyone who gets caught up in Trump's orbit, he went way, way off the rails...

He went into the process having already announced its expected outcome, and, in contravention of DOJ policy, he talked a lot about the investigation a long the way, predicting what it would reveal. Prosecution no-no. DOJ no-no.

So, his "finding" (big surprise) matched his prediction...yet, nada convictions nor any suggested changes in policy or personnel. Nothing that the IG report hadn't already identified as issues to be addressed...indeed, apparently already have been addressed.

Big fat nothing from a rather silly man who, late in his career, wasted taxpayer money and 6 years...or do we not care about that?
a fan

Post by a fan »

OCanada wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 11:43 am Further the Steele document was not what initiated tge investigation. Even further it was required to be looked into. Even further it has results are known. Further yet the Russians did interfere with the Trump team cooperating and exchanging data
Old Salt doesn't like those details. Or the hiring of Manafort, who worked for Putin and got the data you are referring to.

He thinks that if he holds his breath and crosses his fingers, that stuff "doesn't count", and TeamTrump should have been left alone to meet with Russia spies when the mood suited them.
a fan

Post by a fan »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 12:44 pm So, his "finding" (big surprise) matched his prediction...yet, nada convictions nor any suggested changes in policy or personnel. Nothing that the IG report hadn't already identified as issues to be addressed...indeed, apparently already have been addressed.
Old Salt already gave us his policy suggestions: only investigate Democrats like Hunter.

When that happens, he and his team of concerned citizens no longer care if the FBI has probable cause to investigate guys like Hunter.

Poof! Deep State is gone. Pretty neat-o, right?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 7:02 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 10:21 am Durham went into his "investigation" having already declared that the FBI was biased in having opened an investigation in Russian efforts to interfere in the 2016 election on behalf of the candidacy of Trump and into the possibility that Trump and his Campaign assisted them and/or accepted their help. Indeed, Trump multiple times declared that Durham would "find" the "crime of the century".

And low and behold, after two failed attempts at prosecutions, his only "finding" was that the FBI had "confirmation bias", having observed indications of such activities that "confirmed" such "bias". (and how many convictions?) No recommendations for major changes in policy, changes in personnel, just a "finding" that "confirmed" Durham's own "bias" from prior to the "investigation".

Hoo boy...
Yet AG Garland released Durham's report without comment or modification.
So what?
It had nothing new that the IG hadn't identified, that the FBI hadn't already addressed.

Let's contrast Garland's stoicism and patience, with Barr's wildly inappropriate, and false characterization of the Mueller Report. Or Barr's wildly inappropriate and false characterization of the IG's report.

Keeping your darn mouth shut is probably hard to do (see Comey), but it's not as if each of these guys didn't know what the DOJ/FBI's policies are. Keep your mouth shut and let your indictments and prosecutions do the talking.

Durham breached that as well.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Yep
Yep
IMG_0622.jpeg (160.63 KiB) Viewed 388 times
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

OCanada wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 1:12 pmIMG_0622.jpeg

Agile, man, agile. They bend and twist in the winds of contrary evidence, but don't break or change shape...
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

a fan wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 12:55 pm
OCanada wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 11:43 am Further the Steele document was not what initiated tge investigation. Even further it was required to be looked into. Even further it has results are known. Further yet the Russians did interfere with the Trump team cooperating and exchanging data
Old Salt doesn't like those details. Or the hiring of Manafort, who worked for Putin and got the data you are referring to.

He thinks that if he holds his breath and crosses his fingers, that stuff "doesn't count", and TeamTrump should have been left alone to meet with Russia spies when the mood suited them.
And don’t forget lying isn’t a reason to investigate further in Old Salt’s world…
“I wish you would!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

OCanada wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 1:12 pmIMG_0622.jpeg
You just defined the grassy knoll theory and who really shot JFK.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
a fan

Post by a fan »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 2:10 pm

And don’t forget lying isn’t a reason to investigate further in Old Salt’s world…
Ah, that's a big one for him. He thinks if he doesn't mention that, it didn't happen....and that all those Sherlock Holmes novels would have ended poorly because Holmes would catch a suspect in a lie...and then walk away and make no further inquiries.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

a fan wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 3:13 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 2:10 pm

Ah, that's a big one for him. He thinks if he doesn't mention that, it didn't happen....and that all those Sherlock Holmes novels would have ended poorly because Holmes would catch a suspect in a lie...and then walk away and make no further inquiries.
Holmes tricks people into lying
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 1:05 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 10:21 am Durham went into his "investigation" having already declared that the FBI was biased in having opened an investigation in Russian efforts to interfere in the 2016 election on behalf of the candidacy of Trump and into the possibility that Trump and his Campaign assisted them and/or accepted their help. Indeed, Trump multiple times declared that Durham would "find" the "crime of the century".

And low and behold, after two failed attempts at prosecutions, his only "finding" was that the FBI had "confirmation bias", having observed indications of such activities that "confirmed" such "bias". (and how many convictions?) No recommendations for major changes in policy, changes in personnel, just a "finding" that "confirmed" Durham's own "bias" from prior to the "investigation".

Hoo boy...
So what?
It had nothing new that the IG hadn't identified, that the FBI hadn't already addressed.

Let's contrast Garland's stoicism and patience, with Barr's wildly inappropriate, and false characterization of the Mueller Report. Or Barr's wildly inappropriate and false characterization of the IG's report.

Keeping your darn mouth shut is probably hard to do (see Comey), but it's not as if each of these guys didn't know what the DOJ/FBI's policies are. Keep your mouth shut and let your indictments and prosecutions do the talking.

The SC is required to submit a report.
https://crsreports.congress.gov/product ... B/LSB10270

The DoJ IG did not have access to the IC & foreign govts.
Durham's investigation was more thorough & wide ranging than the IG's.

Everybody's OK until they don't buy into your Trump-Russia collusion conspiracy theory.
They go off the rails, in your view, when they investigate & find evidence that does not support your hoax.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 5:09 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 1:05 pm

Hoo boy...
So what?

The SC is required to submit a report.
https://crsreports.congress.gov/product ... B/LSB10270

The DoJ IG did not have access to the IC & foreign govts.
Durham's investigation was more thorough & wide ranging than the IG's.

Everybody's OK until they don't buy into your Trump-Russia collusion conspiracy theory.
They go off the rails, in your view, when they investigate & find evidence that does not support your hoax.
Nope. When a prosecutor who has done ZERO investigation declares what he expects to find before actually investigating, that's "off the rails".

When a prosecutor blabs about his investigation mid-stream rather than letting his indictments speak, that's off the rails.

and when he fails to produce any convictions of anything, yet makes claims as if something was inappropriate that was already known, we know he's 'off the rails'...simply not fulsomely honest...partisan hack.

And yeah, we'd love to hear what Durham and Barr found in Italy...except that he left that out of the 'report'...why don't you speculate and tell us what they found? :roll:

But here's the thing...Durham found NO evidence that does not support Russian interference in the election, and he avoided even discussing many of the facts established in the Mueller investigation...and Report. Just ignored them...including the Campaign Manager, and the Trump Tower meeting, etc...I mean, why even bother with that, right?

sheesh, you can't be this dumb...you're just trolling me...
a fan

Post by a fan »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 5:22 pm But here's the thing...Durham found NO evidence that does not support Russian interference in the election, and he avoided even discussing many of the facts established in the Mueller investigation...and Report. Just ignored them...including the Campaign Manager, and the Trump Tower meeting, etc...I mean, why even bother with that, right?
Durham also left out that Manafort had worked for Putin, installing his puppet in Ukraine.

And then LIED about this on FARA forms.

And that the FBI had already investigated him in 2014, years before Trump was even a thing.

And that he was (hilariously) found guilty of multiple felonies related to his work overseas, INCLUDING laundering the $18 Million he got from Putin for his Ukraine work.

...but sure, nothing to see here. Gee, why would the FBI want to investigate the TrumpCampaign when Trump hired the above criminal and convicted felon as his campaign manager?
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 5:39 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 5:22 pm But here's the thing...Durham found NO evidence that does not support Russian interference in the election, and he avoided even discussing many of the facts established in the Mueller investigation...and Report. Just ignored them...including the Campaign Manager, and the Trump Tower meeting, etc...I mean, why even bother with that, right?
Durham also left out that Manafort had worked for Putin, installing his puppet in Ukraine.

And that the FBI had already investigated him in 2014, years before Trump was even a thing.

And that he was (hilariously) found guilty of multiple felonies related to his work overseas, INCLUDING laundering the $18 Million he got from Putin for his Ukraine work.

...but sure, nothing to see here. Gee, why would the FBI want to investigate the TrumpCampaign when Trump hired the above criminal and convicted felon as his campaign manager?
Irrelevant what Manafort did in 2014, years before he joined the campaign.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 5:39 pm

...but sure, nothing to see here. Gee, why would the FBI want to investigate the Trump Campaign when Trump hired the above criminal and convicted felon as his campaign manager?
Whether or not Russia interfered in the election was not at issue. The question was whether there was sufficient evidence of Trump campaign complicity in that interference to justify launching Crossfire Hurricane. The results of the Mueller investigation found no such complicity.
Durham dug deeper & investigated how & why Crossfire Hurricane was launched.

Return to “POLITICS”