Orange Duce

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: Orange Duce

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

wahoomurf wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:02 pm
And as Afan has reminded us all time & again. Trump is a closet Democrat, which by the support of Trump, makes us righties more center/center-left. We are closer than we think.
Interesting. Obviously, Afan was privy to observations/conversations that I didn't have. Trump used to brag at our NYCMBC meetings that he was THE ONLY DEMOCRAT IN THE ROOM. TRUMP IN THE CLOSET? HARDLY. No flaming way. Every few months, Koch asked TRUMP to explain to we Republicans on the Council, precisely what makes a person a DEMOCRAT. His answers were hilarious. So were Ed's eye rolls. :roll:

When Bloomberg was elected, Trump resigned from the Council. Guess he had no use for a Republican mayor.

Perhaps Afan and I can swap notes.I'm curious why he thought Trump is closeted.
:D
present tense versus past tense.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

old salt wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:07 pm seacoaster -- what specific statutory rqmt does Ratcliffe not meet that Coats did ?
I don't know; that was in the American Conservative article. It piqued my interest as well.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

seacoaster wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:26 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:07 pm seacoaster -- what specific statutory rqmt does Ratcliffe not meet that Coats did ?
I don't know; that was in the American Conservative article. It piqued my interest as well.
From Wikipedia:
Under 50 U.S.C. § 403-3a, "under ordinary circumstances, it is desirable" that either the director or the principal deputy director of National Intelligence be an active-duty commissioned officer in the armed forces or have training or experience in military intelligence activities and requirements. Only one of the two positions can be held by a military officer at any given time. The statute does not specify what rank the commissioned officer will hold during his or her tenure in either position.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Well, I think, still to this day, that most of Obama's appointees fit the same descriptor. Low lifes.

Already mentioned Tim Geithner
How about low life Eric Holder ?
Gov. Bill Richardson
Sen. Tom Ca$le (SD)
Don't remember Jide Zeitlin ?
Chas Freemans picture shows up when looking up 'bestNbritest"
Jim DuhMint :o
Lois Lerner (move along, nothing to see )
Martha N. Johnson (shop till you drop )
Hillarious Clinton and then Jon Kerry. :lol:
Eric Shinseki
James E. “Hoss” Cartwright
Vistria

NO......not even close to being as stinky pungent at tRumps, but still road kill smelly.

https://news.grabien.com/story-exclusiv ... nistration
Last edited by runrussellrun on Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
old salt

Post by old salt »

RedFromMI wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:28 pm
From Wikipedia:
Under 50 U.S.C. § 403-3a, "under ordinary circumstances, it is desirable" that either the director or the principal deputy director of National Intelligence be an active-duty commissioned officer in the armed forces or have training or experience in military intelligence activities and requirements. Only one of the two positions can be held by a military officer at any given time. The statute does not specify what rank the commissioned officer will hold during his or her tenure in either position.
"desirable" =/= "statutory requirement"

All I could find in the statute was "extensive national security experience".
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

From Wikipedia:
Just more elitism. Why in the world does it HAVE to be an officer and NOT enlisted? Maybe they will ask at the debate, part deux., tonight.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

old salt wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:39 pm
From Wikipedia:

Yeah, my guess is that is the so-called requirement that the American Conservative blogwriter found/finds wanting in Brother Ratcliffe.

I think the real concern is the other one: he's a political apostle without the stones to let the President know that the intelligence suggests something that doesn't help Trump get re-elected. He was a small town mayor, so he must've made a few tough calls on sewer hookups and tax abatements, to say nothing of zoning amendments. Only the best.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

seacoaster wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:12 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:39 pm
From Wikipedia:

Yeah, my guess is that is the so-called requirement that the American Conservative blogwriter found/finds wanting in Brother Ratcliffe.

I think the real concern is the other one: he's a political apostle without the stones to let the President know that the intelligence suggests something that doesn't help Trump get re-elected. He was a small town mayor, so he must've made a few tough calls on sewer hookups and tax abatements, to say nothing of zoning amendments. Only the best.
Oh - and his prosecution post was a temporary one holding the place before the next nominated one was in place. Had it for around a year. His prosecution of "terrorists" was a prosecution of a charity that was funneling money to the wrong places in the ME. Not exactly putting terrorists in jail.

Trump picks him because he has "auditioned" on a combination of Fox News and his committee grilling of Mueller. No real expectation from Trump of actual extensive national security experience/expertise. Just someone to do his dirty work and make sure the NI apparatus is not feeding the OD anything that might contradict his "beliefs".
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Ratcliffe didn’t prosecute anyone in the Holy Land case. He might have picked up bagels for the real litigators. We get that this post is no longer important.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Have We No Decency? A Response to President Trump.

As faith leaders who serve at Washington National Cathedral ¬– the sacred space where America gathers at moments of national significance – we feel compelled to ask: After two years of President Trump’s words and actions, when will Americans have enough?

https://cathedral.org/have-we-no-decenc ... 2nfsFGkSLU

The Right Rev. Mariann Edgar Budde, Bishop of the Episcopal Diocese of Washington
The Very Rev. Randolph Marshall Hollerith, Dean of Washington National Cathedral
The Rev. Canon Kelly Brown Douglas, Canon Theologian of Washington National Cathedral[youtube][/youtube]
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
old salt

Post by old salt »

runrussellrun wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:54 pm
From Wikipedia:
Just more elitism. Why in the world does it HAVE to be an officer and NOT enlisted? Maybe they will ask at the debate, part deux., tonight.
Good Point. Senior Chief Malcom Nance would make a great DNI.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Why not Ensign Parker?
old salt

Post by old salt »

seacoaster wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:12 pmI think the real concern is the other one: he's a political apostle without the stones to let the President know that the intelligence suggests something that doesn't help Trump get re-elected.
That can cut both ways. If Trump trusts his DNI, he's more likely to believe the intel the DNI brings him.
Trump won't be as likely to question his loyalty. He can give Trump unclass briefs via FNC.
The DNI is primarily a front man for the IC, who can make their case to the WH & Congress.
...& cuddle with Andrea Mitchell at Aspen.
Last edited by old salt on Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:15 pm
And as Afan has reminded us all time & again. Trump is a closet Democrat, which by the support of Trump, makes us righties more center/center-left. We are closer than we think.
Interesting. Obviously, Afan was privy to observations/conversations that I didn't have. Trump used to brag at our NYCMBC meetings that he was THE ONLY DEMOCRAT IN THE ROOM. TRUMP IN THE CLOSET? HARDLY. No flaming way. Every few months, Koch asked TRUMP to explain to we Republicans on the Council, precisely what makes a person a DEMOCRAT. His answers were hilarious. So were Ed's eye rolls. :roll:

When Bloomberg was elected, Trump resigned from the Council. Guess he had no use for a Republican mayor.

:D
present tense versus past tense.
Trump is neither a Republican nor a Democrat. He's WEATHERMAN...one who "KNOWS WHICH WAY THE WIND BLOWS".And adjusts accordingly.
a fan

Post by a fan »

I've never said he's closeted, that was MDlax's addition to my sentiment that Trump is a lefty.

I agree completely that his proclivities are right there for all to see. But try telling a Trump fan that Trump is a lefty. They'd just as soon think you're telling them that you think Trump is a Smallmouth Bass named Steve.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

a fan wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:43 pm
I agree completely that his proclivities are right there for all to see. But try telling a Trump fan that Trump is a lefty. They'd just as soon think you're telling them that you think Trump is a Smallmouth Bass named Steve.
But he would be quite a bit less dangerous if he were the fish... :lol:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

a fan wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:43 pm

I've never said he's closeted, that was MDlax's addition to my sentiment that Trump is a lefty.

Thanks for the attribution, but "closeted" was not my phrase.
I only chimed in that the word indeed didn't fit back when Trump was quite vocal about being a Dem, then suddenly switched how he portrays himself. So, 'closeted' would best fit present tense.

IMO, he's pure and simple a con man, authoritarian. Same as always.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:26 pm
seacoaster wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:12 pmI think the real concern is the other one: he's a political apostle without the stones to let the President know that the intelligence suggests something that doesn't help Trump get re-elected.
That can cut both ways. If Trump trusts his DNI, he's more likely to believe the intel the DNI brings him.
Trump won't be as likely to question his loyalty. He can give Trump unclass briefs via FNC.
The DNI is primarily a front man for the IC, who can make their case to the WH & Congress.
So, of course, here's the problem.

If Trump 'trusts' Ratcliffe is that because the Rat will tell him the truth about the IC's assessments?

Or because the Rat will tell Trump what he wants to hear?

Will the Rat tell Congress the truth about the IC's assessments or will he not?

And finally, will the IC trust the Rat to tell the truth?
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Our allies might stop telling us anything, watching Trump try to deliver the Arab Bomb.
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:59 am
old salt wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:26 pm
Trinity wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:10 am Our allies might stop telling us anything, watching Trump try to deliver the Arab Bomb.
So, of course, here's the problem.

If Trump 'trusts' Ratcliffe is that because the Rat will tell him the truth about the IC's assessments?

Or because the Rat will tell Trump what he wants to hear?

Will the Rat tell Congress the truth about the IC's assessments or will he not?

And finally, will the IC trust the Rat to tell the truth?
You might want to wait & see what the IG & US Atty's Huber & Durham find.
Maybe Radcliffe's been a truth teller in what he's said about the IC.

Would you prefer a truth teller like Comey or McCabe as DNI ? They're available.

Would our allies prefer the Arabs partner with the Russians in building nuc power plants ?

Return to “POLITICS”