Trump's Russian Collusion

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: The Mueller Report and Impeachment

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

LandM wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 5:16 pm Never, ever tick off the wife, I call her my partner/boss. I have served a few times in the penalty box, which is great as it is my man cave......not a great warm place :D but lots of warming materials 8-) I have yet to figure out what male gene zombies me back to what she wants - so no, never, ever :lol:
We have much in common, LandM.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 3:27 pm
6ftstick wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 10:56 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 10:46 am
6ftstick wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 10:30 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 9:24 am
LandM wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 9:11 am Me thinks I have not touched the stuff in 38 years - although my doctors say I can have it and should use it, better then the pills :D

Me also thinks that some of you take too much of the blue pill.........

Let it go - there is an election - look at the scoreboard......change it
Indeed, that's important.
Time for a change.
Get rid of the most corrupt administration in our lifetimes.

Try for better.

As a Republican, at this point I'm rooting for a landslide loss for Trump and Trumpism.
As it looks like there's very near zero chance of an impeachment supported by enough key GOP Senators, the only way to save liberal democracy from authoritarianism will be at the ballot box in 2020. In the meantime, the 2018 ballot box restored constitutional, Congressional oversight. Exercise it.

But short of a landslide, there's a very real risk that the Trumpist hard right will not accept the results and there will be widespread violence. And such may well further breakdown norms, potentially leading to an authoritarian left.

Short of actual violence, I'm concerned that GOP will continue to shrink into an angry hard right, permanently lose the next generation, and fail to provide a reasonable counterbalance to the left.
Oh for Gods sake.

The democrats and you never trumpers are the ones who have failed to accept the election of 2016. Still haranguing two years later about some fictitious Russian conspiracy and anything else that will remove Trump from office.
Ohh, I accept it, that was never in question for me.

Interesting how you Trumpists make such assumptions about all those who think Trump is a vile, dishonest, racist, corrupt human being, a stain on America, and an authoritarian threat to the liberal democracy our founders brilliantly established and so many fought and died for over many years.

Yeah, we don't like him.
Want to see him removed from office as soon as practical under our Constitution.
Yup.

We're also horrified that the Russians put their fingers on the scale in his favor, and that he denied that reality, denied contacts and relationships, all of which has been proven true. We're also horrified that he acts like such a toady with Vlad. It's way beyond weird.

Nothing 'fictitious' about any of that.
Provable 'criminal conspiracy'? Nope, apparently not.
Obstruction? You're darn tootin.

But you Trumpists appear to be in lock-step, so eager to say heil Trump, so pleased to see someone who disrespects the rule of law and the institutions of government all in the name of power.

With the death of McCain and the departure of the handful of GOP Senators willing to speak out against Trump's worst actions and statements, and the fear of the Trump hard right base in any primary, it sure looks like the Senate will not convict, no matter the evidence of crime. So, 2020 here we come.
The russians put their finger on the scale for Hillary.

She bought the info in the Dossier from the Russians.

And since then it was people like you that have done their work for them. Divided and inflamed the country far more than any election tampering,
Classic; informed by Fox and Trump’s Twitter feed, you reject the findings of all of Trump’s own appointees in the IC, as well as the Mueller Report.
Fox and Trump’s Twitter feed?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/na ... 1645103d3d
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

6ftstick wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 8:24 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 3:27 pm
6ftstick wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 10:56 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 10:46 am
6ftstick wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 10:30 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 9:24 am
LandM wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 9:11 am Me thinks I have not touched the stuff in 38 years - although my doctors say I can have it and should use it, better then the pills :D

Me also thinks that some of you take too much of the blue pill.........

Let it go - there is an election - look at the scoreboard......change it
Indeed, that's important.
Time for a change.
Get rid of the most corrupt administration in our lifetimes.

Try for better.

As a Republican, at this point I'm rooting for a landslide loss for Trump and Trumpism.
As it looks like there's very near zero chance of an impeachment supported by enough key GOP Senators, the only way to save liberal democracy from authoritarianism will be at the ballot box in 2020. In the meantime, the 2018 ballot box restored constitutional, Congressional oversight. Exercise it.

But short of a landslide, there's a very real risk that the Trumpist hard right will not accept the results and there will be widespread violence. And such may well further breakdown norms, potentially leading to an authoritarian left.

Short of actual violence, I'm concerned that GOP will continue to shrink into an angry hard right, permanently lose the next generation, and fail to provide a reasonable counterbalance to the left.
Oh for Gods sake.

The democrats and you never trumpers are the ones who have failed to accept the election of 2016. Still haranguing two years later about some fictitious Russian conspiracy and anything else that will remove Trump from office.
Ohh, I accept it, that was never in question for me.

Interesting how you Trumpists make such assumptions about all those who think Trump is a vile, dishonest, racist, corrupt human being, a stain on America, and an authoritarian threat to the liberal democracy our founders brilliantly established and so many fought and died for over many years.

Yeah, we don't like him.
Want to see him removed from office as soon as practical under our Constitution.
Yup.

We're also horrified that the Russians put their fingers on the scale in his favor, and that he denied that reality, denied contacts and relationships, all of which has been proven true. We're also horrified that he acts like such a toady with Vlad. It's way beyond weird.

Nothing 'fictitious' about any of that.
Provable 'criminal conspiracy'? Nope, apparently not.
Obstruction? You're darn tootin.

But you Trumpists appear to be in lock-step, so eager to say heil Trump, so pleased to see someone who disrespects the rule of law and the institutions of government all in the name of power.

With the death of McCain and the departure of the handful of GOP Senators willing to speak out against Trump's worst actions and statements, and the fear of the Trump hard right base in any primary, it sure looks like the Senate will not convict, no matter the evidence of crime. So, 2020 here we come.
The russians put their finger on the scale for Hillary.

She bought the info in the Dossier from the Russians.

And since then it was people like you that have done their work for them. Divided and inflamed the country far more than any election tampering,
Classic; informed by Fox and Trump’s Twitter feed, you reject the findings of all of Trump’s own appointees in the IC, as well as the Mueller Report.
Fox and Trump’s Twitter feed?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/na ... 1645103d3d
Gee, does that say the Russians put their fingers on the scale to help Hillary win???

That's your lead fiction.

There's never been any argument about whether HRC's campaign paid for opposition research on Trump, part of which ended up being included in the Steele dossier.

The other fiction is to suggest that that info was ever the primary source of concern for the FBI with regard to the Trump campaign's many contacts with Russians and with the Russians' efforts specifically on behalf of Trump, opposed to Clinton.

Both fictions are big whoppers told only on Fox and on Trump's Twitter feed, along with the Trumpist echo machine.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Good news.

Perhaps the scrutiny and power to ask questions some of us have been hoping for since this mess began.

https://thehill.com/policy/national-sec ... -firestorm

"Durham has a reputation for nonpartisanship and investigating sensitive national security matters, including leading a Department of Justice (DOJ) investigation into the CIA’s “enhanced interrogation techniques,” which are now widely viewed as torture, on terrorist suspects starting in 2008 under the appointment of then-Attorney General Eric Holder. He also helped prosecute Connecticut’s former Gov. John Rowland, who is a Republican."
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

tech37 wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 5:59 am Good news.

Perhaps the scrutiny and power to ask questions some of us have been hoping for since this mess began.

"Durham has a reputation for nonpartisanship and investigating sensitive national security matters, including leading a Department of Justice (DOJ) investigation into the CIA’s “enhanced interrogation techniques,” which are now widely viewed as torture, on terrorist suspects starting in 2008 under the appointment of then-Attorney General Eric Holder. He also helped prosecute Connecticut’s former Gov. John Rowland, who is a Republican."
Yup, these questions haven't been asked!

Not by the IG, not by FBI Director Wray, not by anyone!

Heck, why don't we reopen Benghazi?
Just 10 investigations; questions haven't been asked!

Lock her up! Lock her up!

For the sane among us, here's the good news: Durham is doing a "review", not a prosecution. No subpoena power. Barr is also doing a 'review' with the heads of the various IC agencies. We already know that Wray has seen zero evidence of any illegal surveillance, etc. We already know that the IC is 100% clear that the attack by Russians was real and is continued, not Fake News nor Deep State conspiracy.

While I don't think Barr deserves an ounce of trust any more, not a smidgen of benefit of the doubt, this 'review', if honestly done (and there's no reason yet to doubt Durham) is highly likely to repeat and confirm that the investigation into the Russian attack, including possible connections to the Trump Campaign, which the Russians were supporting, was properly 'predicated' and done by the book.

Given the politics, the review will also likely confirm at that there were quite a few top IC officials, law and order and national security focused types, who had a visceral distaste for Trump’s rampant dishonesty, constantly on display, and were highly suspicious of the clear coziness of Trump and so many in his orbit with a known adversary.

The latter will be spun by the Trumpists as evidence of bias against Trump, while the majority of folks will say, yup, experienced, serious professionals saw Trump and his cronies accurately.
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 6:42 am

For the sane among us, here's the good news: Durham is doing a "review", not a prosecution. No subpoena power. Barr is also doing a 'review' with the heads of the various IC agencies. We already know that Wray has seen zero evidence of any illegal surveillance, etc. We already know that the IC is 100% clear that the attack by Russians was real and is continued, not Fake News nor Deep State conspiracy.

While I don't think Barr deserves an ounce of trust any more, not a smidgen of benefit of the doubt, this 'review', if honestly done (and there's no reason yet to doubt Durham) is highly likely to repeat and confirm that the investigation into the Russian attack, including possible connections to the Trump Campaign, which the Russians were supporting, was properly 'predicated' and done by the book.

Given the politics, the review will also likely confirm at that there were quite a few top IC officials, law and order and national security focused types, who had a visceral distaste for Trump’s rampant dishonesty, constantly on display, and were highly suspicious of the clear coziness of Trump and so many in his orbit with a known adversary.

The latter will be spun by the Trumpists as evidence of bias against Trump, while the majority of folks will say, yup, experienced, serious professionals saw Trump and his cronies accurately.
So here we are on page 242 of this thread and without even looking I can guarantee that no left of center poster, or even those who claim to be Republican, have called for the Meuller Investigation to be called off because we have too many investigations.

I guess you're also saying no need to have Don, Jr. show up for the Senate hearing. No?
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

get it to x wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 7:18 am

So here we are on page 242 of this thread and without even looking I can guarantee that no left of center poster, or even those who claim to be Republican, have called for the Meuller Investigation to be called off because we have too many investigations.

I guess you're also saying no need to have Don, Jr. show up for the Senate hearing. No?
Huh? I don't have a problem with investigations nor oversight.

The point is that the IG already has investigated, the new heads of each IC, all R's appointed by Trump, have reviewed.
Need more?

Sure, Don Jr should respond positively to a subpoena. He refused to be interviewed by Mueller, he lied in his previous testimony to Congress, he previously claimed 'parental privilege' in avoiding answering (what the heck!), and he was at the center of two of the most important interactions between Trump and Co with the Russians, and also a first hand witness to at least part of the obstruction, the lying about the Trump Tower meeting.
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 8:25 am

The point is that the IG already has investigated, the new heads of each IC, all R's appointed by Trump, have reviewed.
Need more?

Sure, Don Jr should respond positively to a subpoena. He refused to be interviewed by Mueller, he lied in his previous testimony to Congress, he previously claimed 'parental privilege' in avoiding answering (what the heck!), and he was at the center of two of the most important interactions between Trump and Co with the Russians, and also a first hand witness to at least part of the obstruction, the lying about the Trump Tower meeting.
Yes, but none of them have the power to issue indictments like Mueller did. "Sauce for the goose....". Also, Haspel and Coates are working with Barr on this, so apparently there is more left to review. Let's get everything into the open so we can get a full accounting of what went on, and in some cases, is still going on.
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

+1
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

get it to x wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 9:14 am

Need more?

Yes, but none of them have the power to issue indictments like Mueller did. "Sauce for the goose....". Also, Haspel and Coates are working with Barr on this, so apparently there is more left to review. Let's get everything into the open so we can get a full accounting of what went on, and in some cases, is still going on.
Sure, and let's start with the unredacted Mueller report and a separate report on the IC investigation into Trump-Russia.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

jhu72 wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 10:23 am

Need more?

Sure, and let's start with the unredacted Mueller report and a separate report on the IC investigation into Trump-Russia.
Agree. If the former IC officials have nothing to hide why object to an investigation?
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

CU88 wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 9:04 am
LandM wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 8:58 am It is early in Colorado........but I think I have seen Diss, Brooklyn, CU88, and Mr. Murph's heads fly by. Could be a fun day here.

On a serious note, to ggait, how many federal prosecutors are there?

So far you got two old men verse a corrupt businessman......are we not better then this?
Me thinks that you need to leave the Cannabis dispensary and go home to sleep it off.
:o Speak for yourself!(I'm locked in the dispensary and can't get out---BUT DON"T SEND A RESCUE PARTY---I could use some munchies if you get a chance). MERCI!

I haven't a clue how many AUSAs are in Colorado.But I do know there are quite a few AUSAs ready,willing and able to do the people's business in "The Mother Court" aka the SDNY.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

:D
wahoomurf wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 1:00 pm
CU88 wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 9:04 am
LandM wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 8:58 am It is early in Colorado........but I think I have seen Diss, Brooklyn, CU88, and Mr. Murph's heads fly by. Could be a fun day here.

On a serious note, to ggait, how many federal prosecutors are there?

So far you got two old men verse a corrupt businessman......are we not better then this?
Me thinks that you need to leave the Cannabis dispensary and go home to sleep it off.
:o Speak for yourself!(I'm locked in the dispensary and can't get out---BUT DON"T SEND A RESCUE PARTY---I could use some munchies if you get a chance). MERCI!

I haven't a clue how many AUSAs are in Colorado.But I do know there are quite a few AUSAs ready,willing and able to do the people's business in "The Mother Court" aka the SDNY.
:D
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
wahoomurf

!

Post by wahoomurf »

get it to x wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 11:45 am

Need more?

Agree. If the former IC officials have nothing to hide why object to an investigation?
The decision to let the oldest of the COOO's legitimate children pick and choose which questions he will and won't answer, is FABULOUS NEWS!Sure to be stored away for later use by every criminal defense lawyer extant.He no longer has a wife but he''ll always have the %th amendmarnt

This process now applies to EVERY US CITIZEN! Kinda like ordering food on a menu.About dang time by golly! Felons rejoice!
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Need more?

I think you're whistling dixie on this.
Haspel and Coates have been super clear that the Russians attacked, it was on behalf of Trump, and they're a major continuing threat. In other words, clear predicate for the intelligence investigation. Wray just this past week couldn't have been much more clear that there hadn't been any illegal or unwarranted 'spying', again there was clear justification for the concern. The IG didn't have subpoena power, but just try resisting the IG!

But, hey, keep believing the Liar in Chief.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

get it to x wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 11:45 am

Need more?

Who is objecting? See anyone refusing to respond, refusing to produce documents, refusing a subpoena?
Anyone attacking the integrity of Durham?

It's a stupid "investigation", totally a waste of time, but hey, no sweat. Political fodder for the Trumpists who are desperate in the face of the truth contained in the Mueller Report. Short term distraction.

Conversely, what's Trump doing?
Flat out obstruction.

Conversely, we see Trump and cronies objecting, attacking
old salt

Post by old salt »

Whether the investigation was properly predicated or not, there's no way to justify or rationalize the leaks, & the melding of oppo & media reports with legit intel.

Absent the leaks, Comey would still be on the job & Mueller would still be in private practice.

The leaks, + Comey's insistence of including the dossier in the IC report & Trump's in-briefing + Comey's refusal to publicly state that Trump was not a target, are what lead to this entire fiasco. A closed Crossfire Hurricane report, the Steele dossier, & the Page FISA warrants should be locked away in the classified dead file, having never been the subject of media reporting.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 3:32 pm Whether the investigation was properly predicated or not, there's no way to justify or rationalize the leaks, & the melding of oppo & media reports with legit intel.

Absent the leaks, Comey would still be on the job & Mueller would still be in private practice.

The leaks, + Comey's insistence of including the dossier in the IC report & Trump's in-briefing + Comey's refusal to publicly state that Trump was not a target, are what lead to this entire fiasco. A closed Crossfire Hurricane report, the Steele dossier, & the Page FISA warrants should be locked away in the classified dead file, having never been the subject of media reporting.
Again, typical.
All sorts of quite unjustified accusations and obfuscations.

Do you really think Wray and/or the IG isn't capable of investigating 'leaks'?

Do you really think Trump wasn't a subject (not target) of the intelligence investigation?
Why the heck would any FBI Director go out in public and lie or mislead?

He could have honestly said: "Trump is not yet individually a 'target', however he is a 'subject', and members of his family and campaign staff and other Americans in the Trump orbit are "subjects," and some are or may become 'targets' of an ongoing investigation into Russia's efforts to influence the election on behalf of the Trump Campaign...but, gee that would be pretty darn inappropriate too, right?

Who cares whether the investigation was properly predicated, indeed very, very justified?
It's "spying"!!
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

oldsaltyrad wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 3:32 pm A closed Crossfire Hurricane report, the Steele dossier, & the Page FISA warrants should be locked away in the classified dead file, having never been the subject of media reporting.
Because tyrants, dictators and strongmen like to work in secret, protected by anonymity and non-disclosure and protected from accountability by working their bullshirt in the shadows.

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

dislaxxic wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 3:48 pm
oldsaltyrad wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 3:32 pm A closed Crossfire Hurricane report, the Steele dossier, & the Page FISA warrants should be locked away in the classified dead file, having never been the subject of media reporting.
Because tyrants, dictators and strongmen like to work in secret, protected by anonymity and non-disclosure and protected from accountability by working their bullshirt in the shadows.

Tyrants? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “POLITICS”