Race in America - Riots Explode in Chicago

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Brooklyn

Re: Race in America - Riots Explode in Minneapolis

Post by Brooklyn »

Even Fox network right wingers agree that tRUMP's actions in sending jack booted federal thugs into Portland and other cities is illegal:

Now it is time for Congress to start another round of impeachment hearings and for the removal of the incompetent "dear leader".
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

Whoopsie

Margaret Sanger Award Winners

Nancy Pelosi

Hillary Clinton

Keynote Speaker Planned Parenthood Margaret Sanger Award Ceremony

Barack Obama

Planned Parenthood of Greater New York (PPGNY) announced Tuesday it plans to remove the name of the organization’s founder, Margaret Sanger, from its flagship abortion facility in New York City because of her “harmful connections to the eugenics movement.”

The announcement also indicated the organization would be working with city officials to “rename an honorary street sign that marks the ‘Margaret Sanger Square’ at the intersection of Bleecker and Mott Streets in Manhattan.”

“The removal of Margaret Sanger’s name from our building is both a necessary and overdue step to reckon with our legacy and acknowledge Planned Parenthood’s contributions to historical reproductive harm within communities of color,” said Karen Seltzer, PPGNY board chair, in a statement.

“Margaret Sanger’s concerns and advocacy for reproductive health have been clearly documented, but so too has her racist legacy,” she added. “There is overwhelming evidence for Sanger’s deep belief in eugenic ideology, which runs completely counter to our values at PPGNY.”

Black Lives Matter!
ChairmanOfTheBoard

Post by ChairmanOfTheBoard »

i listened to the weinstein podcast. very impressive group. could probably get the bulk in the first 32min.

i largely agree with the points made; it reflects what i was saying recently. race is a synthetic construct. all are human, were once all from one continent, and are simply all related to some extent. race is only part of the conversation. and, we should have open conversation. in fact, we should take this head-on. because if we don't talk about it, not much progress is likely happen. just destructive rage.

beyond that, they get it- it's hard to disagree with these concepts:

the problem is more than just cops vs blacks; it's broader. police system needs reform. extremes are creating issues. can't just burn everything down. we need leadership. reparations won't address the root cause (some disagree); opportunities for income will. similarly, AA is flawed. welfare will get siphoned by the wrong recipients. black on black crime is an issue (with the understanding that figures are skewed due to structural issues). radical/simplistic explanations impede progress. glorification of violence; disintegration of nuclear family, etc. education will help. a solution to create equality that treats people unequal is not a solution (some disagree). conversation is too narrow if we focus just on blacks; all colors have dysfunctions. not clear what whiteness is. scarcity of opportunities causes competition; and government must be part of the solution to hoarding opportunities. victimization doesn't help. what's taught at the university level is critical. and the press is critical as framing issues is critical. investment in communities is better than reparations. public ed has failed certain people. representatives don't represent people. political parties have a stranglehold on the system, thus few consequences for officials. lawmakers distract us from their misdoing by creating infighting between voters. pushing too hard on the non-guilty, based on color, will cause backlash. press has a conflict of interest to sell ad space instead of truths. we should value thought; not visceral internet reactions and memes and soundbites. voting for trump/biden solves nothing.
There are 29,413,039 corporations in America; but only one Chairman of the Board.
Carroll81

Post by Carroll81 »

ChairmanOfTheBoard wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:21 pm i listened to the weinstein podcast. very impressive group. could probably get the bulk in the first 32min.

i largely agree with the points made; it reflects what i was saying recently. race is a synthetic construct. all are human, were once all from one continent, and are simply all related to some extent. race is only part of the conversation. and, we should have open conversation. in fact, we should take this head-on. because if we don't talk about it, not much progress is likely happen. just destructive rage.

beyond that, they get it- it's hard to disagree with these concepts:

the problem is more than just cops vs blacks; it's broader. police system needs reform. extremes are creating issues. can't just burn everything down. we need leadership. reparations won't address the root cause (some disagree); opportunities for income will. similarly, AA is flawed. welfare will get siphoned by the wrong recipients. black on black crime is an issue (with the understanding that figures are skewed due to structural issues). radical/simplistic explanations impede progress. glorification of violence; disintegration of nuclear family, etc. education will help. a solution to create equality that treats people unequal is not a solution (some disagree). conversation is too narrow if we focus just on blacks; all colors have dysfunctions. not clear what whiteness is. scarcity of opportunities causes competition; and government must be part of the solution to hoarding opportunities. victimization doesn't help. what's taught at the university level is critical. and the press is critical as framing issues is critical. investment in communities is better than reparations. public ed has failed certain people. representatives don't represent people. political parties have a stranglehold on the system, thus few consequences for officials. lawmakers distract us from their misdoing by creating infighting between voters. pushing too hard on the non-guilty, based on color, will cause backlash. press has a conflict of interest to sell ad space instead of truths. we should value thought; not visceral internet reactions and memes and soundbites. voting for trump/biden solves nothing.
Very nice summary.

32 minutes get you a lot of it. I would say maybe 70-80 minutes gets you a little more nuance. But, if you don't watch to the end you miss out on voting for trump/biden gets you nothing
ChairmanOfTheBoard

in that sense, yes, it's mostly in chronological order. :D :lol:
There are 29,413,039 corporations in America; but only one Chairman of the Board.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
CU77

Post by CU77 »

Carroll81 wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:47 pm voting for trump/biden gets you nothing
Thanks. This is so obviously wrong that now I know that I shouldn't waste my time listening to any of it.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

here in Rochester there is a local chapter of the SBLM movement. They have decided to protest by having the New York State Police barricade part of a local interstate off so that they can have a protest to shut the road down. If they REALLY want to have a legit protest... storm that highway with no notice at 5pm on a friday. When you have to have the state police act as your crossing guards that ain't exactly a bonafide protest in my book. Symbolism over substance for the SBLM people. :roll:
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

CU77 wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:01 pm
Carroll81 wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:47 pm voting for trump/biden gets you nothing
Thanks. This is so obviously wrong that now I know that I shouldn't waste my time listening to any of it.
So we should all vote for Biden because you hate trump? If your freaking party had not nominated the evil queen as your candidate in 2016 we would never have had trump. Your party is equally responsible for the election of trump. The military would have charged your party with dereliction of duty for nominating that person in the first place.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:07 pm
So we should all vote for Biden because you hate trump? If your freaking party had not nominated the evil queen as your candidate in 2016 we would never have had trump. Your party is equally responsible for the election of trump. The military would have charged your party with dereliction of duty for nominating that person in the first place.

Democrats can not accept their responsibility in anything, especially Trump's election.

If Joe Biden chooses (as is likely) a completely lunatic yo-yo for VP, Democrats will bear the burden of Trump's re-election as well. And they won't cop to their role then, either.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:07 pm So we should all vote for Biden because you hate trump?
No, you should vote for Biden because Trump is an authoritarian criminal who must be repudiated by the biggest possible vote for his opponent.
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:07 pm If your freaking party had not nominated the evil queen as your candidate in 2016 we would never have had trump. Your party is equally responsible for the election of trump. The military would have charged your party with dereliction of duty for nominating that person in the first place.
I completely agree. I thought that back before she clinched the nomination. Nominating her was like sending a badly damaged tank back into battle. Clearing the field for her was Obama's greatest mistake.
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:07 pm
Trump was unopposed in the Republican primaries?
old salt

Post by old salt »

CU77 wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:34 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:07 pm So we should all vote for Biden because you hate trump?
No, you should vote for Biden because Trump is an authoritarian criminal who must be repudiated by the biggest possible vote for his opponent.
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:07 pm If your freaking party had not nominated the evil queen as your candidate in 2016 we would never have had trump. Your party is equally responsible for the election of trump. The military would have charged your party with dereliction of duty for nominating that person in the first place.
I completely agree. I thought that back before she clinched the nomination. Nominating her was like sending a badly damaged tank back into battle. Clearing the field for her was Obama's greatest mistake.
Had Biden been the 2016 (D) nominee, he could have credibly stolen Trump's populist agenda & held the white working class votes & the Rust Belt for the Dems. Obama chose the wrong successor.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

No the majority of Americans should recognize that 5-6 generations of liberal progressive control have destroyed the cities and states they run and should not be allowed to gain any more control of the country or its laws. Vote straight republican. Take back the streets and restore law and order.
ChairmanOfTheBoard

im not gonna blame the DNC for getting DJ Trump elected (because i don't like the logic), but i'm also not going to vote for a candidate because it serves someone else's self-interests.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

ChairmanOfTheBoard wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:26 pm im not gonna blame the DNC for getting DJ Trump elected (because i don't like the logic), but i'm also not going to vote for a candidate because it serves someone else's self-interests.

That’s fair and honest. And logical.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

6ftstick wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:59 pm
No the majority of Americans should recognize that 5-6 generations of liberal progressive control have destroyed the cities and states they run and should not be allowed to gain any more control of the country or its laws. Vote straight republican. Take back the streets and restore law and order.

It becomes clear when you realize that Democrats in the end don’t care about blacks. They don’t. The noise is performative art. The actual racists on America sit inside the party that pretends all day long and simply uses race to win power. Eff them all.
Typical Lax Dad

Poor guy. He can’t catch a break:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/22/us/minne ... index.html
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Oh hey, a black guy slashes two women in a Portland laundromat with a machete, all caught on tape, but police can’t arrest him because a crowd surrounds the police trying to make the arrest and taunt the police that they’re “racist”.

A fan will have some nuanced view of this video. Perhaps best to watch yourselves:

https://twitter.com/mrandyngo/status/12 ... 54529?s=21

Democrats endearing themselves to normal Americans!
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:06 pm Oh hey, a black guy slashes two women in a Portland laundromat with a machete, all caught on tape, but police can’t arrest him because a crowd surrounds the police trying to make the arrest and taunt the police that they’re “racist”.

A fan will have some nuanced view of this video. Perhaps best to watch yourselves:

https://twitter.com/mrandyngo/status/12 ... 54529?s=21
Nuanced? No. But I'll get my facts straight. You, on the other hand, are just making things up.

Here's the tweet:
Graphic: Shane V. Green, who is black, walked inside a NE Portland laundromat & used a sharp handsaw to attack two women. Responding police located him on a nearby street but the arrest was interrupted by Portlanders who screamed at & taunted officers, accusing them of racism.

Shall we begin? And this is just for starters

-we have no clue what the man's name is in the video
-can't tell what race he is
-certainly can't see his voter registration card
-we don't know where this video is being shot. Could've been in Cleveland for all we know from the video
-we don't know when this video was shot. Could've been last year.
-he's claiming he used a handsaw, you're claiming he used a machete. Neither guesses are clear in the video
-there's no crowd in the video, as the tweeter is claiming
-there's no police in the video, as the tweeter is claiming
-there's obviously no record of anyone chanting anything, because there's no sound

Shall I continue, Pete, or do you get the point yet that none of the claims you are making are verified by what we see in the video?

Return to “POLITICS”