NESCAC

D3 Mens Lacrosse
humpdaddy

Re: NESCAC

Post by humpdaddy »

slippinjimmy wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:48 pm Hearing Conn and Trinity game being moved to next week…
Camel AD Mo White playing mind games with former Camels coach Corcoran. Bantams travel go all the way to New London only for the game to be called off. Perhaps White’s most impressive move since taking the position.
laxwizard9

Post by laxwizard9 »

Branwinstonforth wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 12:32 pm UPDATED NESCAC RANKINGS

1. Middlebury
2. Colby
3. Bates
4. NJIT
5. Tufts
6. Wesleyan
7. Hamilton
8. Amherst
9. Bowdoin
10. Conn
11. Trinity
12. Williams
Long time reader first time poster, can't stand reading these preposterous takes regarding NJIT and the nescac. NJIT is 7-3 with 2 losses being close games with Bryant and Vermont. You can not tell me that any nescac team would play these teams any closer. As much as I enjoy nesaca lacrosse you need to stop thinking the NESCAC is the end all be all. As well the rest of these ranking are terrible. Middlebury at 1, they looked hungover against Hamilton, Conn at ten is crazy, they have shown they are the worst team in the league and fooled all of us preseason.
ChopMan23

Post by ChopMan23 »

laxwizard9 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:17 pm

1. Middlebury
2. Colby
3. Bates
4. NJIT
5. Tufts
6. Wesleyan
7. Hamilton
8. Amherst
9. Bowdoin
10. Conn
11. Trinity
12. Williams
Long time reader first time poster, can't stand reading these preposterous takes regarding NJIT and the nescac. NJIT is 7-3 with 2 losses being close games with Bryant and Vermont. You can not tell me that any nescac team would play these teams any closer. As much as I enjoy nesaca lacrosse you need to stop thinking the NESCAC is the end all be all. As well the rest of these ranking are terrible. Middlebury at 1, they looked hungover against Hamilton, Conn at ten is crazy, they have shown they are the worst team in the league and fooled all of us preseason.
Most starters on the top nescac teams, and most on top 20 D3 teams, would play at lindenwood, Monmouth, Manhattan, mt st Mary’s, Wagner, St. John’s and Siena lol
callaxdad

Post by callaxdad »

ChopMan23 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:07 pm

1. Middlebury
2. Colby
3. Bates
4. NJIT
5. Tufts
6. Wesleyan
7. Hamilton
8. Amherst
9. Bowdoin
10. Conn
11. Trinity
12. Williams
Most starters on the top nescac teams, and most on top 20 D3 teams, would play at lindenwood, Monmouth, Manhattan, mt st Mary’s, Wagner, St. John’s and Siena lol
Could any of them play at that top school in the Hamptons? I believe it’s Bing Hampton?!?!!! 🤣🤣
TucoBPJMRamirez

Post by TucoBPJMRamirez »

Great ... the troll is back with a slew of new aliases.
ah23

Post by ah23 »

TucoBPJMRamirez wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:53 pm Great ... the troll is back with a slew of new aliases.
What do you mean, nothing suspicious about two accounts being created 21 minutes apart...

...that have posted their only two comments at the same time not just once...

...but twice.

Think we can all agree...

Unknown Participant

Post by Unknown Participant »

1. Middlebury
2. Colby
3. Bates
4. NJIT
5. Tufts
6. Wesleyan
7. Hamilton
8. Amherst
9. Bowdoin
10. Conn
11. Trinity
12. Williams
You're wrong. If you need examples, I will post a list.
Laxxal22

Post by Laxxal22 »

Which of the posters, who dramatically announced their departure, has made a new account? This, of course, assumes that the departures announced weren't all by the same person. :roll:
Unknown Participant

Post by Unknown Participant »

1. Middlebury
2. Colby
3. Bates
4. NJIT
5. Tufts
6. Wesleyan
7. Hamilton
8. Amherst
9. Bowdoin
10. Conn
11. Trinity
12. Williams
You joined on St Patricks day this year (2024) ffs you long time reader. Are you ccrichie or laxdad in disguise.
choochooCharlie

Post by choochooCharlie »

Unknown Participant wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:52 pm

1. Middlebury
2. Colby
3. Bates
4. NJIT
5. Tufts
6. Wesleyan
7. Hamilton
8. Amherst
9. Bowdoin
10. Conn
11. Trinity
12. Williams
You joined on St Patricks day this year (2024) ffs you long time reader. Are you ccrichie or laxdad in disguise.
ah23

Post by ah23 »

sigh
As always, just don't engage. Block + report obvious trolls and their alts I guess.
Branwinstonforth

Post by Branwinstonforth »

BranWinstonforth here

How dare my credibility be questioned on these forums? You call yourself lacrosse fans but can't understand who I am. May you recall a documentary on YouTube on a certain Winstonforth? I am a St Lawrence Legend and a pillar of the lacrosse world. I thought maybe some integrity would fall upon these forums.
StevieUAlum

Post by StevieUAlum »

Branwinstonforth wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:29 pm BranWinstonforth here

How dare my credibility be questioned on these forums? You call yourself lacrosse fans but can't understand who I am. May you recall a documentary on YouTube on a certain Winstonforth? I am a St Lawrence Legend and a pillar of the lacrosse world. I thought maybe some integrity would fall upon these forums.
Quality forum banter from Branwinstonforth :lol:
CradleKing

Post by CradleKing »

I know this list will be controversial, but it needs to be made. Might have some recency bias.
Here is my rankings for the best NESCAC schools to celebrate a win at:

1. Colby Ideal combination of not winning many home games and knowing how to party. Wins are rare enough to celebrate but can still be anticipated against the bottom half of the cac’.

2. Hamilton Beating Midd is cause to celebrate for the conts’. Have a day! Heard the Snarty’s go hard in upstate NY.

3. Trinity Dubbed one the “more fun” or “least lame” NESCAC’s, they would be #1 if not for the D1 transfers. Everyone knows they went D1 because they couldn’t handle the D3 party scene.

4. Wesleyan Pretty sure these guys just crush IPAs and talk about the glory days in 2018.

5. Williams Defensemen Ottobahn Nicholson and goalie Matt Wetmore beds have been causing problems for the Williams laundry services recently after the ladies in sage hall had to throw away all their sheets. These guys may not party but they f***.

6. Bowdoin Conversation topics include: Where do you summer? What prep school did you go to? What does your dad do?

7. Amherst Hard to celebrate when you’re getting kicked out of UMASS sig phi house every other weekend. Heard the wlax team only parties with drip king now, so the mammoth’s hang with the lovely ladies of Smith College. Not sure how rowdy they get.

8. Middlebury All these guys do is burn. Unsurprising considering their poor conditioning has led to a lackluster 5-5 start.

9. Tufts They win all the time. Not even fun anymore.

Honorable Mention:

Bates I couldn’t find any recent data of them celebrating a win in the NESCAC. Did some digging in the forums and didn’t get any leads. I took a trip up to the Lewiston public library, where a kind librarian showed me some old newspaper articles from the 1950s. Looked like a celebration of a win over Colby, but it was hard to make out the score as the photo was in black and white.

Connecticut College Forgot they were in the cac’.
BallHunt

Post by BallHunt »

1. Middlebury
2. Colby
3. Bates
4. NJIT
5. Tufts
6. Wesleyan
7. Hamilton
8. Amherst
9. Bowdoin
10. Conn
11. Trinity
12. Williams
Come on chopman, mostly respected in other threads, but this, please ..
poster formerly know as "wherestheslide"
the_fish_whist1er

Post by the_fish_whist1er »

StevieUAlum wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:00 am
Branwinstonforth wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:29 pm BranWinstonforth here

Quality forum banter from Branwinstonforth :lol:
Turf dogs, mid-calves, nice shorts, lax pinnie, croakies, and a sweet pair of shades. The BW way.
ChopMan23

Post by ChopMan23 »

BallHunt wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:02 am

1. Middlebury
2. Colby
3. Bates
4. NJIT
5. Tufts
6. Wesleyan
7. Hamilton
8. Amherst
9. Bowdoin
10. Conn
11. Trinity
12. Williams
Come on chopman, mostly respected in other threads, but this, please ..
I have had worse takes on fanlax :D
D'Annolfo's Jordans

Post by D'Annolfo's Jordans »

CradleKing wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:57 am I know this list will be controversial, but it needs to be made. Might have some recency bias.
Here is my rankings for the best NESCAC schools to celebrate a win at:

1. Colby Ideal combination of not winning many home games and knowing how to party. Wins are rare enough to celebrate but can still be anticipated against the bottom half of the cac’.

2. Hamilton Beating Midd is cause to celebrate for the conts’. Have a day! Heard the Snarty’s go hard in upstate NY.

3. Trinity Dubbed one the “more fun” or “least lame” NESCAC’s, they would be #1 if not for the D1 transfers. Everyone knows they went D1 because they couldn’t handle the D3 party scene.

4. Wesleyan Pretty sure these guys just crush IPAs and talk about the glory days in 2018.

5. Williams Defensemen Ottobahn Nicholson and goalie Matt Wetmore beds have been causing problems for the Williams laundry services recently after the ladies in sage hall had to throw away all their sheets. These guys may not party but they f***.

6. Bowdoin Conversation topics include: Where do you summer? What prep school did you go to? What does your dad do?

7. Amherst Hard to celebrate when you’re getting kicked out of UMASS sig phi house every other weekend. Heard the wlax team only parties with drip king now, so the mammoth’s hang with the lovely ladies of Smith College. Not sure how rowdy they get.

8. Middlebury All these guys do is burn. Unsurprising considering their poor conditioning has led to a lackluster 5-5 start.

9. Tufts They win all the time. Not even fun anymore.

Honorable Mention:

Bates I couldn’t find any recent data of them celebrating a win in the NESCAC. Did some digging in the forums and didn’t get any leads. I took a trip up to the Lewiston public library, where a kind librarian showed me some old newspaper articles from the 1950s. Looked like a celebration of a win over Colby, but it was hard to make out the score as the photo was in black and white.

Connecticut College Forgot they were in the cac’.
Wondering where Union would fall on this list? Might as well include them for old times sake, right? (RIP the incident of 1977). I think they'd probably slot in between the Bantams and Wes - the U definitely goes hard.
ComaSlide

Post by ComaSlide »

CradleKing wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:38 am
NNELax wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:44 am Coach Barnard turning things around at Hamilton? Would be great to see...
Barnard has always been a great recruiter, finding gems late in the Cac' recruiting process, typically over-looked by traditional D3 powerhouses. Justin Pearl out of Westport CT and Tim Sommer of Mamaroneck are a couple recent stallions that come to mind. Finding athletic, underrecruited mids has paid off for Barnard in the past, but especially this season. Gritty. Coupled with stellar goalie play, Hamilton is a formidable opponent this year.
First time poster. I think this is one of the more under the radar storylines in the 'Cac this year. Seems people forget Hamilton was winless in the Cac in '18, 1 win in '19, with many people calling for Barnards head at the time. I think a lot of folks, myself included, were expecting regression after graduating like half their starters last year including some key 5th years.

The turnaround has been steady but remarkable imo, especially through Covid where some schools with questionable former mascots had more head coaches than games played, and others just fell off a cliff (Where's Lasagna these days anyway?).

Agree that recruiting athletic midfielders and continuously fielding top 3 keepers in the 'Cac has been key, but in general it just felt like the Conts went from looking like a frat club team most saturdays to actually being in the conversation for a NESCAC / NCAA tourney run.
ah23

Post by ah23 »

ComaSlide wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:48 am (Where's Lasagna these days anyway?).
Doesn’t seem like he’s back on the Colby sidelines after the coaching change, the only assistants they have listed on their website are All-Name candidates Pape Lukk and Dobson Cooper.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”