Coaching Carousel 2024

D1 Womens Lacrosse
hsllax

Re: Coaching Carousel 2024

Post by hsllax »

That's a hire that makes a lot of sense.
NULax2

Post by NULax2 »

spidey44 wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2024 2:08 pm Caitlyn Phipps
is this a guess? If not, that would be a HUGE get for GT
RusskyHoya

Post by RusskyHoya »

NULax2 wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2024 2:39 pm
is this a guess? If not, that would be a HUGE get for GT
https://twitter.com/HoyasWLax/status/18 ... 8700838065
laxlaxlax

Post by laxlaxlax »

Good choice, experienced hire.
Good Luck coach!
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

Phipps out at Maryland. it's official

All but confirms Georgetown
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

That’s how you make a splash. Not grabbing a head coach of the 112th ranked team that no kid has ever heard of. And then getting a D2 coach from a school that no one ever heard of. Good job by Georgetown. I hope she does fantastic, and I expect she will after a few years.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Kleizaster wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2024 5:36 pm Phipps out at Maryland. it's official

Well, the Georgetown women’s lacrosse Twitter notice, posted above, kind of already did.
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2024 5:57 pm
Kleizaster wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2024 5:36 pm Phipps out at Maryland. it's official

Well, the Georgetown women’s lacrosse Twitter notice, posted above, kind of already did.
missed that..congrats to GT on a great hire
WashedUpLaxDad

Post by WashedUpLaxDad »

Great hire from GT. Hopefully, this will enable them to recruit IAAM better (or at all).

College lax is better when Georgetown is competitive. Hopefully, school can bounce back from messy situation.
LarryGamLax

Post by LarryGamLax »

Relax77 wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2024 5:39 pm That’s how you make a splash. Not grabbing a head coach of the 112th ranked team that no kid has ever heard of. And then getting a D2 coach from a school that no one ever heard of. Good job by Georgetown. I hope she does fantastic, and I expect she will after a few years.
I'm going to come at you a little. It seems that you have a problem(disrespect) for D2 and D2 coaches. Let me know if I'm wrong.
A good coach is a good coach...and all the coaches at D1 are NOT great coaches! I know there are coaches at the D2 and D3 level that could move up and do a very good job. Having been involved in all 3 Divisions, I'll stand on what I said.

Caitlyn is a TERRIFIC selection for the Georgetown job.
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

:oops:
LarryGamLax wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2024 8:42 pm
Relax77 wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2024 5:39 pm That’s how you make a splash. Not grabbing a head coach of the 112th ranked team that no kid has ever heard of. And then getting a D2 coach from a school that no one ever heard of. Good job by Georgetown. I hope she does fantastic, and I expect she will after a few years.
I'm going to come at you a little. It seems that you have a problem(disrespect) for D2 and D2 coaches. Let me know if I'm wrong.
A good coach is a good coach...and all the coaches at D1 are NOT great coaches! I know there are coaches at the D2 and D3 level that could move up and do a very good job. Having been involved in all 3 Divisions, I'll stand on what I said.

Yeah you are wrong. I never said or implied anything negative about D2. I never said these two are bad coaches. I have over 900 posts and have never said anything even remotely close for someone to say I “have a problem (disrespect)” for D2. Maybe that’s your own insecurity to make that projection. Funny. I disagreed with the Tisdale hire as well. She was a D1 coach before getting the FSU job, no?

There is context you know. As I have stated multiple times, #1 it’s Florida State. Not some small school that is starting a program . #2. It’s an asst coach that no player has ever heard of from a school that no kid has ever heard of. After they hired a d1 coach from a team only a handful of colleges are ranked lower. If the hire was Gallagher from Tampa (was hoping she got the job. I believe she’s D2. 🤔) or Molfetta from Pace, I would say that’s a good hire for the situation.
With a high-profile school that already faces questions about whether they're fully committed or just started this because of a lawsuit, hiring these two coaches did little to change that perception and only fueled doubts if the school is all in. The two coaches they hired could be better coaches than Gait, Levy and Amonte Hiller put together, and it wouldn’t matter. They needed to make a big splash. I’m sure they tried. What I said is fair criticism. To further illustrate my point. How many more kids do you think would be looking to commit or transfer to FSU and get that ball rolling if they hired a coach like Sam Apuzzo instead of Tisdale? I would say a ton.

Little proof from back in July
by Relax77
Fri Jul 26, 2024 11:18 am
Forum: D1 WOMENS LACROSSE
Topic: Coaching Carousel 2024
Replies: 490
Views: 99635
laxfan9999 wrote: ↑
My guess is Kelly Gallagher from Tampa. Maybe take a bunch of transfers with her to seed the team with a good core.
Nice guess. I like it.
610Lax

Post by 610Lax »

Relax77 wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2024 8:44 pm :oops:

Yeah you are wrong. I never said or implied anything negative about D2. I never said these two are bad coaches. I have over 900 posts and have never said anything even remotely close for someone to say I “have a problem (disrespect)” for D2. Maybe that’s your own insecurity to make that projection. Funny. I disagreed with the Tisdale hire as well. She was a D1 coach before getting the FSU job, no?

There is context you know. As I have stated multiple times, #1 it’s Florida State. Not some small school that is starting a program . #2. It’s an asst coach that no player has ever heard of from a school that no kid has ever heard of. After they hired a d1 coach from a team only a handful of colleges are ranked lower. If the hire was Gallagher from Tampa (was hoping she got the job. I believe she’s D2. 🤔) or Molfetta from Pace, I would say that’s a good hire for the situation.
With a high-profile school that already faces questions about whether they're fully committed or just started this because of a lawsuit, hiring these two coaches did little to change that perception and only fueled doubts if the school is all in. The two coaches they hired could be better coaches than Gait, Levy and Amonte Hiller put together, and it wouldn’t matter. They needed to make a big splash. I’m sure they tried. What I said is fair criticism. To further illustrate my point. How many more kids do you think would be looking to commit or transfer to FSU and get that ball rolling if they hired a coach like Sam Apuzzo instead of Tisdale? I would say a ton.

by Relax77
My guess is Kelly Gallagher from Tampa. Maybe take a bunch of transfers with her to seed the team with a good core.
Nice guess. I like it.
FSU is trying to build a program, not win in year one and they hired a coach who has considerable experience starting a new program. GTown and FSU are very different situations and they needed very different types of coaches. Both schools got what they wanted in their hires.

The large majority of recruits and their parents won't care if FSU made a splash with their coaching hire. Next fall they'll have 20+ kids on campus Sept 6th for a football game, they'll get to be on the field for warmups and then sit on the 50 yard line for the game and many will fall in love with that. The fact they play in the ACC and are in Florida will get them many top recruits from Maryland up through the Northeast. They'll quickly become a destination school in 2-3 years and no one will remember their asst coach is a D2 coach or their HC was at E Michigan. They'll just know that Tisdale is the FSU coach and they'll be hoping they get a text or email from her on Sept 1st.
lacrossemwj

Post by lacrossemwj »

610Lax wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2024 8:53 pm

by Relax77
Nice guess. I like it.
FSU is trying to build a program, not win in year one and they hired a coach who has considerable experience starting a new program. GTown and FSU are very different situations and they needed very different types of coaches. Both schools got what they wanted in their hires.

The large majority of recruits and their parents won't care if FSU made a splash with their coaching hire. Next fall they'll have 20+ kids on campus Sept 6th for a football game, they'll get to be on the field for warmups and then sit on the 50 yard line for the game and many will fall in love with that. The fact they play in the ACC and are in Florida will get them many top recruits from Maryland up through the Northeast. They'll quickly become a destination school in 2-3 years and no one will remember their asst coach is a D2 coach or their HC was at E Michigan. They'll just know that Tisdale is the FSU coach and they'll be hoping they get a text or email from her on Sept 1st.
I mean, perhaps, but she also does not have a reputation has a very good coach or have very good results. So if the team is sitting on the sidelines and they are on enjoying FSu football and enjoying the FSU quality of life, so be it, but if the girls are playing below their level, and the parents know it, and she is perceived to lack knowledge, even compared to some of her own players, recruiting will suffer.
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

I agree with this. Florida State is not gonna have trouble recruiting in regards to numbers. There’s going to be a ton of kids that want to go there. Similar to Penn State. But they will have a problem, recruiting top players wanting to go there if they suck. You can differentiate the two. Being able to recruit a bunch of kids and being able to recruit top players are totally different things.
MolonLaxe

Post by MolonLaxe »

by Relax77
Nice guess. I like it.
Wait you just said the D2 coach FSU hired is an unknown from an unknown school? If that’s the statement, tell me you know nothing without directly telling me you know nothing. :lol:

This may be one of the most idiotic statements I’ve seen in the past 6 months.
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

MolonLaxe wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 3:23 pm

by Relax77
Nice guess. I like it.
Wait you just said the D2 coach FSU hired is an unknown from an unknown school? If that’s the statement, tell me you know nothing without directly telling me you know nothing. :lol:

No need for that last sentence. Try reading comprehension. I said the kids never heard of it. I said the players never heard of her. I’m not shocked, but if you think that 16-18 year-old kids, that want to play level division 1 lacrosse, especially at a high level, know where that school is or heard of Plaskey, you’re out of your mind.
MolonLaxe

Post by MolonLaxe »

Relax77 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 3:33 pm

by Relax77
Nice guess. I like it.

No need for that last sentence. Try reading comprehension. I said the kids never heard of it. I said the players never heard of her. I’m not shocked, but if you think that 16-18 year-old kids, that want to play level division 1 lacrosse, especially at a high level, know where that school is or heard of Plaskey, you’re out of your mind.
She just got married and her name changed. She has experience recruiting east coast and all over. Chances are, clubs will know of her because there is a former club player that played for her at CMU or GVSU.

Given her record getting GVSU repeatedly into the top 10, I would respectfully disagree. Sorry for the last sentence in the previous post.
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

MolonLaxe wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 9:23 pm

by Relax77
Nice guess. I like it.

She just got married and her name changed. She has experience recruiting east coast and all over. Chances are, clubs will know of her because there is a former club player that played for her at CMU or GVSU.

Given her record getting GVSU repeatedly into the top 10, I would respectfully disagree. Sorry for the last sentence in the previous post.
We disagree. And once again…..I never said club coaches don’t know who they are. The kids don’t. There’s plenty of exceptional D2 teams and coaches. St Leo lost five games the last two years. No one knows where St Leo is. They certainly never heard of their coach. Wingate is 50-8 its last 3 years. No kid outside of NC is going to know a) Where it is and b) Who the coach is.

My retort was because he said I have disrespect for D2. Couldn’t be further from the truth.
hmmm

Post by hmmm »

Relax77 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 9:25 pm

by Relax77
Nice guess. I like it.

We disagree. And once again…..I never said club coaches don’t know who they are. The kids don’t. There’s plenty of exceptional D2 teams and coaches. St Leo lost five games the last two years. No one knows where St Leo is. They certainly never heard of their coach. Wingate is 50-8 its last 3 years. No kid outside of NC is going to know a) Where it is and b) Who the coach is.

My retort was because he said I have disrespect for D2. Couldn’t be further from the truth.
You're not wrong at all. In terms of players and most parents, not many have probably heard of Sara Tisdale. Anyone trying to imply this was some sort of splash hire that would get recruits attention is kidding themselves. That said, that statement has nothing to do with her coaching acumen. But in terms of making a splash, a hire like Phipps would have raised eyebrows. Tisdale may be a better coach, but no HS girls knows that. FSU will sell itself assuming the actually do invest in the program and build some nice facilities.
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

hmmm wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 9:30 am
Relax77 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 9:25 pm

by Relax77
Nice guess. I like it.

You're not wrong at all. In terms of players and most parents, not many have probably heard of Sara Tisdale. Anyone trying to imply this was some sort of splash hire that would get recruits attention is kidding themselves. That said, that statement has nothing to do with her coaching acumen. But in terms of making a splash, a hire like Phipps would have raised eyebrows. Tisdale may be a better coach, but no HS girls knows that. FSU will sell itself assuming the actually do invest in the program and build some nice facilities.
Agree. FSU in my opinion will have no problem selling itself to commits outside the top 50. Kids are gonna want to go there. Getting top kids right now probably not going to happen until they show they are serious.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”