Syracuse 2023

D1 Mens Lacrosse
10stone5

Re: Syracuse 2023

Post by 10stone5 »

Beat Duke,

9 and 6 would be a big step up.

If the weather cooperates, hope to get out to Westtown to see Chrishawn Hunter against Hun School, I believe this was a good re-commit from Penn, a player that could be used in any number of positions by the Syracuse coaches.
Last edited by 10stone5 on Thu Apr 27, 2023 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ohmilax34

Post by ohmilax34 »

10stone5 wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 11:06 am Beat Duke,

If the weather cooperates, hope to get out to Westtown to see Chishawn Hunter against Hun School, I believe this was a good re-commit from Penn, a player that could be used in any number of positions by the Syracuse coaches.
Agreed. There seems to be a lack of athletes in the middle of the field for Syracuse. Maybe Hunter is one. Also, McCarthy from Connetquot and Jake Spallina from Mt. Sinai might fill those kinds of roles too. This class will get WAY less publicity than the one before it, but there are some good players there, including Donny Scott.
Finster

Post by Finster »

10stone5 wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 11:06 am Beat Duke,

If the weather cooperates, hope to get out to Westtown to see Chishawn Hunter against Hun School, I believe this was a good re-commit from Penn, a player that could be used in any number of positions by the Syracuse coaches.

Honestly even at 8-7 that would have been a big step up from 4-10.

I think the boys will make it tight. I just don’t see us pulling it out now that Duke has had two weeks of prep. Who knows though. Cuse always plays Danowski teams hard.
joewillie78

Post by joewillie78 »

How about a Freshman LAX player in Syracuse making commercials for an Auto dealer called Romano?
This is awesome as Joey Spallina is now a pitchman for Romano Auto in Syracuse.
Spallina does a pretty good job in the commercials. They usually use basketball or Football for these commercials so props to Romano Auto for using this young LAX phenom to help sell your product.
Gobigred
Joewillie78
Finster

Post by Finster »

joewillie78 wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 5:48 pm How about a Freshman LAX player in Syracuse making commercials for an Auto dealer called Romano?
Spallina does a pretty good job in the commercials. They usually use basketball or Football for these commercials so props to Romano Auto for using this young LAX phenom to help sell your product.
Gobigred
Joewillie78

If anyone gets a video/link of this, please share! I’ve dug around but can’t find anything. Thx!
joewillie78

Post by joewillie78 »

Finster wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:14 pm
joewillie78 wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 5:48 pm How about a Freshman LAX player in Syracuse making commercials for an Auto dealer called Romano?
Gobigred
Joewillie78

If anyone gets a video/link of this, please share! I’ve dug around but can’t find anything. Thx!
I have seen it the past 2 nights watching NBC news at 5pm with Matt Mulcahey and Megan Coleman. The commercial comes on about twice during the 1 and a half hour newscast.
Gobigred
Joewillie78
tech37

Post by tech37 »

In last year's abominable season, Cuse played their best game beating Duke. This year they lost by a whisker in OT. Cuse has played well in past at Koskinen. I like their chances for the upset.
Madlax59

Post by Madlax59 »

tech37 wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 7:17 am In last year's abominable season, Cuse played their best game beating Duke. This year they lost by a whisker in OT. Cuse has played well in past at Koskinen. I like their chances for the upset.
Hard to listen to Carc do these games
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Syracuse D too slow on the slide.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
lorin

Post by lorin »

Madlax59 wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 12:23 pm
tech37 wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 7:17 am In last year's abominable season, Cuse played their best game beating Duke. This year they lost by a whisker in OT. Cuse has played well in past at Koskinen. I like their chances for the upset.
I left game it’s the life and times of 91 crush
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Syracuse D is just not physical enough. Need to get those sticks and bodies on Duke O players.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

If Cuse wins, do they have a shot at the postseason? If so, do you know what has to happen?
bjred

Post by bjred »

Sounds like SU could be considered as last in/first out if they find a way to win today, there's no upsets in conference tournaments, and North Carolina loses to Notre Dame.
Madlax59

Post by Madlax59 »

lorin wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 12:30 pm
Duke player who has 6 goals! And scores on a heads up play “Gets lucky” cuse players “so creative” cringe
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Despite a spirited effort, looks like Syracuse will be sitting at home come NCAA tournament time.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
DMac

Post by DMac »

Madlax59 wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 1:56 pm
lorin wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 12:30 pm
Duke player who has 6 goals! And scores on a heads up play “Gets lucky” cuse players “so creative” cringe
Carc makes me crazy but there are far better things to complain about than this one. I'm thinking there are a whole lot of others who would call that a lucky bounce whether his first goal or sixth. Cuse does show a lot of creativity, it's nice to see.
DMac

Post by DMac »

DocBarrister wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 2:02 pm Despite a spirited effort, looks like Syracuse will be sitting at home come NCAA tournament time.

DocBarrister
Still a lot to like about Cuse this year though, a much improved team.
Missing some pieces but you've got to like the direction they're heading in.
stupefied

Post by stupefied »

Season will be regrettably over for Cuse but heading in right direction with positives clearly seen, Youngsters on offense were as good as advertised, have frontliners Hiltz, Spallina, Thomson and Birtwhistle but also saw youngsters Leo and Rhoa emerging and there is another good recruiting class coming in. Only significant loss on offense will be replacing the play of Kirst who was a productive and physical force . The offense was diversified and showed the ability to score against good defenses. Both fogos improved as season went on and displayed some ability to break upfield off wins rather than simply muck. There is a top flight fogo recruit coming in and that unit could actually become deep and a strength. . SSDM didn't raise as hoped so gonna need current depth to emerge or a reinforcement or two to be found in portal Goaltender Mark was brilliant for most part, despite that major upgrade Cuse gave up the same amount of goals as last in their acc games so gonna need to improve. Expect Mark to return. Dwan came along nicely but will need other youngsters to similarly develop and step in . Had predicted before season start that this team would go 10-5 with softer schedule but those two tough losses against unc and a much better than expected jhu really hurt .. still saw the potential starting to be realized in the 2h with wins over Princeton and UNC . Will expect this team to make more noise in acc next year and be in playoffs.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

stupefied wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 3:13 pm Season will be regrettably over for Cuse but heading in right direction with positives clearly seen, Youngsters on offense were as good as advertised, have frontliners Hiltz, Spallina, Thomson and Birtwhistle but also saw youngsters Leo and Rhoa emerging and there is another good recruiting class coming in. Only significant loss on offense will be replacing the play of Kirst who was a productive and physical force . The offense was diversified and showed the ability to score against good defenses. Both fogos improved as season went on and displayed some ability to break upfield off wins rather than simply muck. There is a top flight fogo recruit coming in and that unit could actually become deep and a strength. . SSDM didn't raise as hoped so gonna need current depth to emerge or a reinforcement or two to be found in portal Goaltender Mark was brilliant for most part, despite that major upgrade Cuse gave up the same amount of goals as last in their acc games so gonna need to improve. Expect Mark to return. Dwan came along nicely but will need other youngsters to similarly develop and step in . Had predicted before season start that this team would go 10-5 with softer schedule but those two tough losses against unc and a much better than expected jhu really hurt .. still saw the potential starting to be realized in the 2h with wins over Princeton and UNC . Will expect this team to make more noise in acc next year and be in playoffs.
Let's not forget Simmons (and I'm not suggesting you did this deliberately). For instance, without Kirst/Simmons last week vs UVA, the score would have been quite embarrassing. The "youngsters" vs Cavs, unfortunately, didn't show up.
Last edited by tech37 on Sat Apr 29, 2023 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FMUBart

Post by FMUBart »

Cuse definitely trending in the right direction...big concern is still the D--Will Mark was oftentimes the savior. ACC teams have so much firepower, they gotta hold teams to low teens to win, imho. Nonetheless, they are fun to watch!

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”