New England West-1 2019

HS Boys Lacrosse
ctbagataway

Re: New England West-1 2019

Post by ctbagataway »

You did call that one, PT, although Westy showed a good fight in the first half.

Anyone have any color from the Avon/TP game? Sounded like a classic.
Dawgie

Post by Dawgie »

Loomis wins a grind vs Andover 6-4. The pelicans improved their clearing game and scored the ones they needed to. A good boost of confidence as they enter the grind of their last few games.
beastboyz99

Post by beastboyz99 »

Was able to watch a bit of the Wick vs Westy live stream. Seemed like a strong showing from Westy in the first half as CT mentioned. Also, was curious to see why Brunswick's starting FO didn't play at all today. AND, one of Brunswick's starting attackmen appeared to be on crutches on the sideline... :shock:
Bdawg

Post by Bdawg »

Deerfield just skated by Hotchkiss at Hotchkiss. Da down early (maybe SAT hangover) and eventually brought it back and won by a goal. Sloppy by DA but Hotchkiss fought and made it close. Hotchkiss goalie strong. Da not pretty but survival away today.
PrepLax1142

Post by PrepLax1142 »

Never too early to start talking about it... powerhouse match up this Friday night with Salisbury @ Brunswick. Biggest game of the season for both teams and a chance to prove if Wick's OT loss to Hill was a fluke. Who's ready? Thoughts/predictions...?
RumorMill

Post by RumorMill »

PrepLax1142 wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 6:23 pm Never too early to start talking about it... powerhouse match up this Friday night with Salisbury @ Brunswick. Biggest game of the season for both teams and a chance to prove if Wick's OT loss to Hill was a fluke. Who's ready? Thoughts/predictions...?
Yes, i like this! Great opportunity for AOF to take advantage of a 'Wick team looking past them to Friday's big match up! Any additional color on the comment that 'Wick didn't have their primary fogo or top attackman in for Westy? Just resting them?
914laxer

Post by 914laxer »

PrepLax1142 wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 6:23 pm Never too early to start talking about it... powerhouse match up this Friday night with Salisbury @ Brunswick. Biggest game of the season for both teams and a chance to prove if Wick's OT loss to Hill was a fluke. Who's ready? Thoughts/predictions...?
Been waiting for this one for a while. Definitely one of the biggest games in High School lacrosse this season in the country as well. I will wait till Thursday to make my prediction. But Man lacrosse does not get much better than this. I will say though the atmosphere should be wild as it always is in this series especially last time Bury visited Greenwich. Salisbury will have to play a near perfect game to win as home field advantage is huge. Correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't the home team won the last 4 years?
beastboyz99

Post by beastboyz99 »

My 2 cents: I don't think Bury knows what's coming for them... Just like Hill Academy with Brunswick, Brunswick will be wanting this one BAD. Brunswick's only loss last year was to Bury (a game which had so much on the line for the Bruins). But both teams are incredible this year, making for a great game. I personally think Brunswick pumps Salisbury this year and doesn't look back...
PrepLax1142

Post by PrepLax1142 »

Last year Brunswick was the best high school lacrosse team I have ever seen; however, their loss to Bury last year was inexcusable (costing them their rightful #1 ranking) and the Wick players know it. They need to take their pain from last years loss and put it into the game on Friday. With a less talented team Wick is going to need to come out with HEART and HUSTLE in order to get the win.

Salisbury's this year is similar to position Brunswick was last year entering this game: undefeated, chance to get #1, and hype around the team. Personally, I think the knights are extremely cocky and are not going to know what hits them on Friday. Can't wait to see the commits all over the field for Bury play against some real competition for the first time this year.

Salisbury will not be ready and will not handle the pressure.
beastboyz99

Post by beastboyz99 »

PrepLax, easy there with calling Bury kid's "cocky". But, I think you're spot on with your points. Will be interesting to see if Bury can pull it all together for this game with so much on the line AT Wick (Not an easy game for any team to play on a Friday night in mid-may at Wick). Bury has some serious studs all over the field, but that doesn't really mean anything nowadays. Anyone remember the 2017 AOF team? Looked like the best team on paper in the entire country, but unfortunately couldn't bring it all together for the games that mattered. Kind of reminds of this Bury team in a way, although Bury is yet to lose a game! Again, all inexperienced speculations on my end. :D
grelch

Post by grelch »

You might be right that Salisbury's not ready, but I'm not sure where you're getting that they're too cocky. Don't see any chatter anywhere, and they don't behave poorly at their games, at least not that I've seen. It's certainly been a while since they've played anyone of merit. I don't know why they backload all of their big games to the tail end of the season. That said, they did beat a good Haverford team and a pretty decent Georgetown Prep. I would make Wick a 2 goal favorite, but I wouldn't be surprised if they get done at home. It'll come down to who has the biggest run in the game. Hopefully parents behave themselves this time around.
TopShelf585

Post by TopShelf585 »

Like I said earlier, this part of the schedule will get down to who stays healthiest. I’ve seen really strong Bury teams loose key players just as they were coming into, or in the middle of this gauntlet of games. Matt Gaudet, Troy Lauder, Cole Willard, John Lombardi all have missed all or parts of this portion of the schedule in the last three years. Losing an impact player(s) now will change the way the team plays. Fortunately the Knights remain healthy however they still have to get past the Rhinos before they see Wick.
Last edited by TopShelf585 on Tue May 07, 2019 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
grelch

Post by grelch »

Speaking of Lombardi, I saw recently that he switched to midfield for Cornell. I suppose that makes sense given his height. Either way, I son't think he got a ton of PT this year.
TopShelf585

Post by TopShelf585 »

grelch wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 9:20 pm Speaking of Lombardi, I saw recently that he switched to midfield for Cornell. I suppose that makes sense given his height. Either way, I son't think he got a ton of PT this year.
They we’re going to run him at midfield this year with the attack already pretty well established. He missed most of fall with an injury and never really got back to full speed as a result.
PhishFall97

Post by PhishFall97 »

Does anyone have any commentary on the DA vs Hotchkiss game? Close call for the Big Green.. Chip and the boys keep on rolling.

RMFT
Bdawg

Post by Bdawg »

Was there. Deerfield just skated by Hotchkiss at Hotchkiss. Da down early (maybe SAT hangover) and eventually brought it back and won by a goal. Sloppy by DA, but Hotchkiss fought and made it close. Hotchkiss goalie strong. Da not pretty but survival away @ Hotchkiss. Let's see if they can step it up vs Avon Sat and then Salisbury Wed May 15.
Short Stick

Post by Short Stick »

SAT hangover? Funny one. I guess they don't take the the SAT at Hotchkiss. DA has made a habit of sloppy games. Not sure what the cause is. They have a ton of talent but somehow haven't been able to fire on all cylinders this year, and close games against weaker teams suggests a lack of focus. Hotchkiss was up a few on DA at one point if I heard right. If I'm a DA fan, I'm worried about the Doors facing Avon and Salisbury in consecutive games.
ctbagataway

Post by ctbagataway »

Everyone jumping on DA because they only beat Hotchkis's by a goal but Avon did the same thing and not a word? Maybe Hotchkiss is putting a few things together at the end of the season? Also, shout out to NMH for getting their first W this weekend against Kimball Union. Of course, back to earth today in losing to 'Bury.
blue angels

Post by blue angels »

PrepLax1142 wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 7:11 pm Last year Brunswick was the best high school lacrosse team I have ever seen; however, their loss to Bury last year was inexcusable (costing them their rightful #1 ranking) and the Wick players know it. They need to take their pain from last years loss and put it into the game on Friday. With a less talented team Wick is going to need to come out with HEART and HUSTLE in order to get the win.

Salisbury's this year is similar to position Brunswick was last year entering this game: undefeated, chance to get #1, and hype around the team. Personally, I think the knights are extremely cocky and are not going to know what hits them on Friday. Can't wait to see the commits all over the field for Bury play against some real competition for the first time this year.

Salisbury will not be ready and will not handle the pressure.
No idea who wins but a Very naive post about Salisbury’s schedule with wins over the best team in Philly and the best team in Washington DC. Those are both hot bed lax areas. Haverford and Georgetown Prep are highly ranked National lacrosse powers loaded with D1 commitments and play like it.
Justafan

Post by Justafan »

I think if Bury shares the ball and doesn’t worry about individual stats and can keep their emotions in check with a very rowdy student section they will win. Bury gets in trouble when a couple of kids try and do it all by themselves. I don’t see that in Wick. They always seem to play together and stay the course.

I think Faceoffs could be the deciding factor here. I think Wick’s FO unit is stronger. But I also think that Bury has the better goaltending. Should be a great game.

Oh, and I am sure AOF and Taft are sitting there wanting to ruin both Bury and wicks day tomorrow. They both better not overlook tomorrow’s games.

Return to “HS BOYS LACROSSE”